Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

GS
Gerry S.
11/07/2019
Helpful service
We have always had great service in a timely manner at Excel. On occasion, we have also been given last minute service by Kerry!

Nissan Rogue
10/30/2019
Fast
Polite fast service

Joe H.
Subaru Legacy
10/29/2019 Category: Service
Joe said this business is very good and very responsive. He has been using them for years.

CG
Cindy G.
10/28/2019
Something happened.... response
Kerry
I apologize if the comments that were left indicated the water pump failed due to the flush not being performed. As my husband explained to me it could not have caused it and that is why he insisted we pay the $90 tow bill for towing the vehicle to your shop after my daughter was stranded on the side of the road. The weekend after the vehicle was towed to the house my husband inspected the items that you diagnosed that needed to be replace for the $600 and upon him inspecting he noticed how dirty the water was in the radiator reservoir and what was drained from the radiator and it was black water; no indication of any antifreeze in the system.
Since my husband owned his own auto repair center many years ago, he is very familiar with vehicles and he determined the radiator had in fact not been flushed. During the replacement of the water pump he choose to replace the thermostat on the vehicle. Since you’re familiar with the vehicle you should know the thermostat is located on the bottom of the engine. When he removed the lower hose and thermostat nothing, but black water came out of the motor. Another indicator the system was not flushed.
Upon replacing the thermostat, water pump and the belt he flushed the entire system with the radiator cleaner and the distilled water several times until the system ran with clean water all through the system. He then drained the system and added the proper amount of antifreeze and now when you look at the radiator reservoir you can see the clean green color that should have been noticeable when the car was returned.
This post was not made out of anger but concern for the attention to detail with the work that was supposed to have been performed; after all you were paid to perform the service, but once again after all the noticeable signs that have been mentioned you can clearly see it was not performed. This is nothing but a review of my experience so others can verify all the work that they paid for was performed before leaving the facility especially if they are female customers. After all, I have not insisted on a refund for the service you claimed was performed.
Since we are in the information age you can go to WikiHow and see for yourself that getting a clean flush is possible if performed properly (https://m.wikihow.com/Flush-a-Radiator).

10/28/2019
Something happened....
Although I have always been pleased with the service at Excel, this past visit has left me a little uncertain regarding the attention to detail. Vehicle received a flush of the cooling system, vehicle then overheated, causing vehicle to be towed to Excel -- Excel indicated that water pump was bad and needed replacing along with tensioner and belt. Service was denied by us and vehicle was towed to home. We performed repair at home -- discovered that coolant in vehicle was very dirty for just having been "flush" which makes me question whether it was a complete flush. This was a total disappointment and has left me concerned.
Kerry K. from Excel Auto Service responded on 10/29/2019

Dear Cindy,

We are deeply saddened that your confidence in us has been tarnished. This is an unfortunate situation but as I explained to you when we performed the flush, the coolant was very dirty at that time and unfortunately when a cooling system gets that dirty it will not come clean after just one flush. There is dirt and scale covering everything inside the water jacket of the engine, the radiator and all of the hoses with no way to actually scrub it clean. I assure you that the cooling system was flushed and new antifreeze was used. As for the water pump failure, that was not related to the cooling system flush.
We are very proud of our large number of very positive reviews and satisfied customers and if we had done anything wrong we certainly would have stood behind it!
Hopefully you understand the challenge of a very dirty cooling system and are more comfortable with what took place.

Kerry K. from Excel Auto Service responded on 10/29/2019

Cindy,
Again I promise you that the cooling system was flushed and new antifreeze was added. It is common for a cooling system that is left to get very dirty will dirty up again immediately following a flush. We use a universal golden/transparent colored antifreeze that is universally compatible with the various antifreezes in todays vehicles. Your vehicle is not supposed to have green IAT formula antifreeze. The original HOAT formula antifreeze that Jeep uses in that vehicle can react chemically with the green IAT antifreeze and have a gelling effect. Again I am saddened if my explaination is not satifactory.

LG
Laura G.
Hatfield, PA
10/24/2019 Category: Service
Laura said she is always pleased with the service the business provides, they are a great facility.

Tom M.
Plymouth Voyager
10/19/2019
Excel is excellent
Kerry is the best. When u have a mechanic that knows what he is doing, Is honest and reasonably priced, it's worth his weight in gold.great customer service and quick turn around. I use to live in Telford but now 20 miles away and drive to excel to take my cars to Excel. 18 month 18 k warranty is hard to beat.
Kerry K. from Excel Auto Service responded on 10/21/2019

Thank You Tom!

LW
Louise W.
Nissan Rogue
10/15/2019
2016 Nissan Rogue
Willingness to fit me into a busy schedule and was able to fix my car while I waited. Can't get any better than this for a senior citizen. So appreciate the courtesy extended to me. Thank you!
Kerry K. from Excel Auto Service responded on 10/16/2019

Thank you Louise, It is our pleasure!
Kerry

John B.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
10/10/2019
Excellent service.
As always Kerri and crew knocked it out of the park!

Bob B.
Souderton, PA
10/08/2019
I appreciate the friendly, competent service you folks provide. Thanks again for topping off my oil.

Casey C.
Quakertown, PA
10/02/2019 Category: Service
Casey said the business took good care of their customers.

SV
Sally V.
09/25/2019
Excellent service!
Excellent service as always. Have used Excel Auto for all our cars' maintenance for over 15 years. We would highly recommend Excel Auto!

EH
Eric H.
King Of Prussia, PA
09/24/2019 Category: Service
Eric said he didn't have any problems and they took him right in.

Jen S.
Kia Forte
09/24/2019 Category: Service
Jen said the mechanic is a very honest guy. She said she is not from the area and it was very hard to find someone who she didn't feel was going to rip her off. She said it didn't seem like he was purposely trying to find things wrong with her vehicle. She said she really likes him. Her husband goes there as well and they'll definitely keep going.

AC
Arlene C.
Pennsylvania
09/23/2019 Category: Service
Arlene said the business was great.

AT
Anthony T.
Ford Transit Van
09/19/2019 Category: Service
Anthony said they did a great job. There was no delay or question about the service. He has used this business for a long time and he wouldn't take his vehicle anywhere else.

GG
George G.
09/09/2019
Great and fast service!
Great and fast service and everyone is so nice. Good price for great work.

Tom M.
Doylestown, PA
Chevrolet Express Cargo Van
08/30/2019 Category: Service
Tom said that they are excellent. They did everything he asked for and were very good with everything they did.

Bob B.
Souderton, PA
08/29/2019
Competent, friendly service
Excel Auto knows of my limited income. They perform crucial maintenance and leave the rest for a time when I can afford to have the maintenance done. I appreciate their kind, competent, and considerate service.
Kerry K. from Excel Auto Service responded on 08/30/2019

Thank you Bob for the kind words!

Stevie B.
08/19/2019 Category: Service
Stevie said the staff gave excellent service.

Celia M.
08/14/2019
Having moved to a new town recently I was worried I wouldn't find another mechanic I could trust. However, my worries were unfounded. Excel Auto Service quickly repaired my car and did not charge an exorbitant amount. Thank you so much!
Kerry K. from Excel Auto Service responded on 08/15/2019

THANK YOU CELIA FOR THE NICE REVIEW!