Overall Rating 2.46875/5Overall Rating 2.46875/5rating 2.46875rating 2.46875rating 2.46875

07/23/2019 Category: Service
OK Service
I go here to get my oil changed because I want to keep my warranty. They are often slower than most places, though last time they were much more timely. Without the warranty issue, I'd go elsewhere.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/23/2019

Thank you for taking your time to review us. This kind of service experience is not acceptable for our customers. I will contact you so I can make sure we improve your next visit.

Carbon, IN
06/05/2019 Category: Service
Service Team is Working to Resolve My Issue
This service team has always been great about taking care of my vehicle so I was surprised when I took it in with a concern about the oil being low. I was hoping it was just a forgetful tech that hadn’t topped off my oil during my last service. But I was surprised when no one brought up the concern during my visit and nothing was suggested for determining the cause. Once I let them know of my dissatisfaction they were great about following up and working with me to establish a plan to track the issue and resolve the cause. I like this team and I am pleased that they are working with me to get to the bottom of the problem!

06/05/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
Did not treat me as a valued customer when I reported a suspected problem with the last service performed on my car. I suspect they did not put all of the oil in during the last oil change. I found the oil level down to where it wasn’t even registering on the dip stick when the engine started making noise. I added2 quarts to bring it up to at least showing on the stick. When I took my car in the next week for an oil change and told them about it they sarcastically doubted that was what happened. There is no sign of a leak where I park and if my engine (less than 50,000 miles) is burning that much oil then there should have been recommending following up to find the problem. I see no sign of this engine burning oil. After I left and fumed for a bit I did send them a message and received a request that I bring my car in after 1,000 miles so they can check the oil level....oh and they will take care of my next oil change. I have been checking my oil every few days and haven’t seen a problem yet - I will take it back for them to check it but it is going to take a lot to get my confidence in them back.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/05/2019

Thank you for taking your time to review us. My service team will contact you with resolution today.

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/12/2019

Thank you for taking your time to rescore us. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our service department. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Don't forget to like us on Facebook and download the O'Brien rewards app for points towards your next visit along with other features. Thanks again and have a great spring!!!

JJ
Judith J.
12/21/2018 Category: Service
Judith J.
The service department have been great at correcting the problem. I am very appreciative they listen to me and got right on it.

12/21/2018 Category: Service
judith
The customer service at this location in the past has been excellent and I would always write it at 5 stars. This last visit I would only give it three stars, reason being my hood was damaged in the person working on my vehicle had to have known they damaged my hood.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 12/21/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will contact you with a resolution. Thank you

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 12/26/2018

We appreciate your continued support of our service department and letting us fix our wrong. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to finishing another record setting year of customer service. We want every service visit to be perfect but if not want to fix it. Thanks again for letting us show you we are the best at service and have a great holiday season!!!!

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/05/2018 Category: Service
The work of the service department.
After finding out what it took to service the vehicle I was wrong in complaining. We have had great service. We have had been a customer for eleven years and have bought two vehicles from them.

10/05/2018 Category: Service
The employees
Acceptable
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 10/05/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I appreciate your continued support of our service department and I will contact you with a resolution for the delay in communication and keeping you updated on the status of your repair. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!

309-664-1222

I appreciate you taking you time to speak with me today. As a long time customer I knew there was something we could get better on to improve your next visit. It's things like this that help us get better thank you. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!!

10/01/2018 Category: Service
needs better timing
Getting the courtesy shuttle was my issue. I arrived @ 7:45 and it was already gone. My previous visit we had to wait until 7:50 to make sure no one else showed up. Was told it would be 20 minutes. It was 45 minutes. I was trying to avoid the hour it takes for an oil change (which I think is long) by dropping it off early for the appointment, but I still wasted over an hour by waiting around and by the time I got dropped off.

On the good side, the staff is always great and very helpful.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 10/01/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I have discussed this with my entire service team so this doesn't happen again. Myself or Renee will contact you with a resolution so we can improve your next visit. Thanks again and have a great day!

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 10/12/2018

I  hope you received the free full service oil change I sent and look forward to improving your next visit with a couple of changes we have made. Our online reputation is very important to us so I hope you take your time to rescore us and we have earned a 5 star review on the resolution of your service visit. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!!

David W.
Troy, IL
2012 Hyundai Elantra
09/27/2018 Category: Service
Committed
While my initial visit was subpar, James waited after they had closed and had to work by himself after hours on a Saturday to make it right. It's true you expect a lot when you have your car worked on, and when it isn't how it should be it's annoying.
Long story short, he went well out of his way to set everything straight and I appreciate it.

09/27/2018 Category: Service
Lackluster?
Service was quick and my car was cleaned inside upon getting it back, but within a few days my dash light came back on for tire pressure.... flat tire. I barely drive to get to and from work, perhaps 10 miles round trip) so I can't imagine it was an object
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/28/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. Myself or service team will contact you so we can get this resolved for you. Sorry for the inconvenience

JAMES E., Hyundai Advisor from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/29/2018

Thank you for allowing me to correct your concern. We strive for great customer service and want to make sure we provide it. We want to make sure we take care of you and your vehicle so you know you can take on the road with confidence. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you next visit. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact me. Again thank you and enjoy your weekend!

2010 Hyundai Elantra
09/20/2018 Category: Service
Easy fix for an easy problem
I went to get a minor issue resolved and Brandon Kessinger fixed it in just a few minutes. They've earned my business back.

09/20/2018 Category: Service
Can't replace a bulb correctly
I went to get my turn signal fixed and was charged for it. They didn't fix it after i was told it was just a burned out bulb. I could have probably done it myself if it was that simple a task.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/20/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us! I will be at the Hyundai store all day tomorrow and most definitely will make it right for you.

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/21/2018

Thank you for taking your time to come in today so we could correct our mistake. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service Thank you!!

309-664-1222

Thanks again for taking your time to rescore us. While mistakes do happen we pride ourselves in being your 5 star dealer. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website for service specials and online scheduling along with other features. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!

Gibson City, IL
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Care and concern for the customer
Thank you for taking the time to read my previous review and to respond to it quickly. It shows the dealership is concerned how its customers are treated.
In no way was James or Renee faulted for my previous review. They do an excellent job dealing with the customers day on and day out.

09/04/2018 Category: Service
Improve time and service
Had an appointment for oil change and tire rotation. After an hour, service rep said two more services needed to be performed. I agreed. Another hour or more went by before they were completed. Then the car wasn't washed or vacuumed. Was given a coupon to take to a car wash facility....more time and effort to have this done.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/04/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will review your last visit and contact you with a resolution. I want to make sure that we provide 5 star service on every visit. Thanks again I will be in touch

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/05/2018

Thank you for taking your time to rescore us! Customer service is our #1 goal and have taken this opportunity to make sure we earn a 5 star review on your next visit. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website for service specials and online scheduling along with other features. We are currently looking to upgrade our customer communications throughout the whole servicing experience. Thanks again and have a great rest of your summer!!!

Carrie M.
08/31/2018 Category: Service
Satisfied customer are important
I appreciate James calling to follow up with me on my last visit to ensure that the seat cover replacement will work out.

08/31/2018 Category: Service
It's ok
I would have hoped that someone would have inspected the seat cover replacement. They would not have been happy to haven't in their vehicle. I feel like the quality of my vehicle has been lessened at the hands of the dealer.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/01/2018

Please contact me at your earliest convenience. My cell # is 309-706-0626 Thank you

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/11/2018

Thank you for taking your time to rescore us. We look forward to taking care of all your vehicles needs and providing you with nothing but 5 star service. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website for service specials and online scheduling along with other features. Thanks again and have a great week!!!

BF
Brad F.
Lincoln, IL
07/17/2018 Category: Service
Service Issue Resolved
Brandon reached out to me to let me know that he has addressed the issues that were mentioned and thanked me for bringing some things to his attention. We both agreed that things like this can not be improved upon without first knowing about them. Brandon was absolutely great to talk with. I would recommend this dealership to any and all my friends. Their customer service and follow up is the BEST.

07/17/2018 Category: Service
Oil Change
already provided input
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/17/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I appreciate the feedback and as I have been out of the shop for the last week I look forward to sharing this review with my employees and contacting you with a resolution for you inconveniently.

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/18/2018

I tried to reach you about you recent service visit please give me a call on my cell phone when you get a chance at 309-706-0626

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/19/2018

Thank you for taking your time to speak with me today to help us get better. Myself and the rest of my service team look forward to earning a 5 star review on your next visit. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!!

309-664-1222

Thanks again for the great review. I have truly enjoyed working with you.

05/15/2018 Category: Service
Service Visit
Thank you James for helping me today! You are truly awesome at what you do. Always friendly service with a smile and I love how you keep me updated when my vehicle is in for maintenance.

05/15/2018 Category: Service
Service Visit
Really friendly service area
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 05/16/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will review your last visit and contact you with a solution. Talk to you soon thank you.

JAMES E., Hyundai Advisor from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 05/16/2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us talk over your recent visit.

HH
Harvey H.
Decatur, IL
2015 Hyundai Genesis
03/26/2018 Category: Service
re review
Brandon thank you for working with me on my repair. It is a pleasure to know a business is so concerned with their performance and satisfaction of their customers. I live in Decatur about 45 min away but it is worth the drive if I can get this kind of service and responsiveness. Thanks you again for your concern and looking forward to seeing you soon.

03/26/2018 Category: Service
2015 genesis
Not pleased with seat repair .
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 03/27/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will be in contact with you to see what we can do to help or if the repair was unsatisfactory or what it takes to resolve this situation.

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking your time to speak with me today. I'm glad we could come together on the repair and get you back to new. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website it contains service specials and online scheduling along with other features. Thanks again and have a great spring!!!

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 03/28/2018

We appreciate you taking your time to re review us. We look forward to being your 5 star dealer and worth the drive thanks again and we will see you soon!!!!

MA
Mani A.
02/13/2018 Category: Service
Friendly and Time.
na
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 02/13/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. Wow what happened this is the lowest score of the year. I will review your last visit and contact you with a resolution. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team are very proud of our service ratings being the number one servicing Hyundai dealer in in the district for the last three years in a row and want to make sure your service visit is nothing but 5 star experience

NA
Nicki A.
El Paso, IL
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/10/2017 Category: Service
Friendly service department
Usually fast service, but had to wait longer than usual this last time. I was a half hour early and was there a total of 2 1/2 hours. They were very apologetic, and I will still bring my car there.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 11/10/2017

Thank you for taking your time to review us! I will review your last visit and contact you with a resolution. We want to continue to be your 5 star dealer.

Carl W.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/29/2017 Category: Service
5 star, always a smile, nice greeting and what work was done
The Best

08/29/2017 Category: Service
Customer service
JAMES E., Hyundai Advisor from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/29/2017

We will be in contact to resolve this issue.

JAMES E., Hyundai Advisor from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/29/2017

Thank you for taking the time to allow us to come to a better understanding of your most recent visit. Also I would like to thank you for taking the time for the rescore. We hope during your visit you got a chance to check out our updated lounge with added amenities. Again thank you Miss Shirley and have a Wonderful week!!! :)

CF
Caitlin F.
11/23/2016 Category: Service
Long Waits
The service takes a long time if you decide to wait. They are friendly, but you might want to drop off your car and be ready for a ton of up-sales.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 11/23/2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us I will look into this and call you with a reolution soon it is always our goal to be your five star dealer

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 11/25/2016

I have been unable to reach you by phone but wanted to let you know because of your great feedback I have changed our right up procedure to better prepare customers for expected wait times Thank you at your earliest convenience please feel free to give me a call I would like to earn your business back and be your 5 star dealer have a great holiday season.

2010 Hyundai Genesis Co
11/07/2016 Category: Service
Appreciate the Follow up
I appreciate the timely follow up and issue resolution.

11/07/2016 Category: Service
Lengthy Oil Change
Staff and facilities are nice, but an oil change shouldn't take 2+ hours.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 11/07/2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us I will look into the issue on your service visit and get back with you by the end of the day we want to be your five star dealer

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking the time to review this with me. I had a meeting with both my service advisors about respecting customers time and keeping you informed about the status of your vehicle. We look forward to earning a 5 star review on your next visit.
Thank you and have a great holiday season

08/05/2016 Category: Service
long wait
Took longer than expected but changed a part that had a recall at the time of service. They did not inform about it until they were already fixing it which added over an hr onto the time I was already waiting.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/05/2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us my staff should have made you aware of the extra time the recall wiuld take we will continue to train and hopefully we can earn a five star review on your next visit we want to continue being the #1servicing Hyundai dealer in the district Remember to download the Extreme Hyundai app for free at your app store it contains service specials and appointment scheduling along with other features
Thanks again

Jeremy F.
Lostant, IL
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/17/2016 Category: Service
Customer service
Customer service is superb.

07/17/2016 Category: Service
Friendly staff
Even tho it took over an hour for a oil change the staff is attentive to your request and the bracket loose no explanation for it
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/17/2016

So we found a bracket loose and fixed it for free and gave us a 3 on a survey ? We want to be your five star dealer what could we done to improve your experience Thank you for taking the time to review us remember to download the Extreme Hyundai app at your app store for free it contains service specials and appointment scheduling along with other features and thanks to the rest of the Extreme Hyundai servicing customers that have voted us the #1servicing Hyundai dealer in the district again

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/18/2016

Thank you for taking the time to rescore us i apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you on your next routine service that i will take care of for you remember to download the Extreme Hyundai app at your app store for free it contains service specials and appointment scheduling along with other features
Thanks again

Marianne D.
Oglesby, IL
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
06/25/2016 Category: Service
corrected review
Dont know how we gave you only a three star on the last one. we are verry happy with extreme and do give it a five star rating
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/25/2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We want to be your five star dealer please let me know how we could have improved your visit. Myself and the rest of the Extreme Hyundai service team will continue to train and hopefully we can earn a five star review on your next visit Thanks again