Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Latest Review 35 minutes ago

Carbon, IN
06/05/2019 Category: Service
Service Team is Working to Resolve My Issue
This service team has always been great about taking care of my vehicle so I was surprised when I took it in with a concern about the oil being low. I was hoping it was just a forgetful tech that hadn’t topped off my oil during my last service. But I was surprised when no one brought up the concern during my visit and nothing was suggested for determining the cause. Once I let them know of my dissatisfaction they were great about following up and working with me to establish a plan to track the issue and resolve the cause. I like this team and I am pleased that they are working with me to get to the bottom of the problem!

06/05/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
Did not treat me as a valued customer when I reported a suspected problem with the last service performed on my car. I suspect they did not put all of the oil in during the last oil change. I found the oil level down to where it wasn’t even registering on the dip stick when the engine started making noise. I added2 quarts to bring it up to at least showing on the stick. When I took my car in the next week for an oil change and told them about it they sarcastically doubted that was what happened. There is no sign of a leak where I park and if my engine (less than 50,000 miles) is burning that much oil then there should have been recommending following up to find the problem. I see no sign of this engine burning oil. After I left and fumed for a bit I did send them a message and received a request that I bring my car in after 1,000 miles so they can check the oil level....oh and they will take care of my next oil change. I have been checking my oil every few days and haven’t seen a problem yet - I will take it back for them to check it but it is going to take a lot to get my confidence in them back.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/05/2019

Thank you for taking your time to review us. My service team will contact you with resolution today.

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/12/2019

Thank you for taking your time to rescore us. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our service department. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Don't forget to like us on Facebook and download the O'Brien rewards app for points towards your next visit along with other features. Thanks again and have a great spring!!!

Ruben R.
03/15/2019 Category: Service
Fine
I was called and given an apology for my concerns.

03/15/2019 Category: Service
My review
My only concern was the amount of time it took for an oil change. It shouldn't take an hour and a half or simple oil change when I can get one done for 15 minutes down the street.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 03/15/2019

I will look into why this took so long and contact you with a resolution thank you

JJ
Judith J.
12/21/2018 Category: Service
Judith J.
The service department have been great at correcting the problem. I am very appreciative they listen to me and got right on it.

12/21/2018 Category: Service
judith
The customer service at this location in the past has been excellent and I would always write it at 5 stars. This last visit I would only give it three stars, reason being my hood was damaged in the person working on my vehicle had to have known they damaged my hood.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 12/21/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will contact you with a resolution. Thank you

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 12/26/2018

We appreciate your continued support of our service department and letting us fix our wrong. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to finishing another record setting year of customer service. We want every service visit to be perfect but if not want to fix it. Thanks again for letting us show you we are the best at service and have a great holiday season!!!!

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/05/2018 Category: Service
The work of the service department.
After finding out what it took to service the vehicle I was wrong in complaining. We have had great service. We have had been a customer for eleven years and have bought two vehicles from them.

10/05/2018 Category: Service
The employees
Acceptable
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 10/05/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I appreciate your continued support of our service department and I will contact you with a resolution for the delay in communication and keeping you updated on the status of your repair. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!

309-664-1222

I appreciate you taking you time to speak with me today. As a long time customer I knew there was something we could get better on to improve your next visit. It's things like this that help us get better thank you. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!!

David W.
Troy, IL
2012 Hyundai Elantra
09/27/2018 Category: Service
Committed
While my initial visit was subpar, James waited after they had closed and had to work by himself after hours on a Saturday to make it right. It's true you expect a lot when you have your car worked on, and when it isn't how it should be it's annoying.
Long story short, he went well out of his way to set everything straight and I appreciate it.

09/27/2018 Category: Service
Lackluster?
Service was quick and my car was cleaned inside upon getting it back, but within a few days my dash light came back on for tire pressure.... flat tire. I barely drive to get to and from work, perhaps 10 miles round trip) so I can't imagine it was an object
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/28/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. Myself or service team will contact you so we can get this resolved for you. Sorry for the inconvenience

JAMES E., Hyundai Advisor from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/29/2018

Thank you for allowing me to correct your concern. We strive for great customer service and want to make sure we provide it. We want to make sure we take care of you and your vehicle so you know you can take on the road with confidence. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you next visit. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact me. Again thank you and enjoy your weekend!

2010 Hyundai Elantra
09/20/2018 Category: Service
Easy fix for an easy problem
I went to get a minor issue resolved and Brandon Kessinger fixed it in just a few minutes. They've earned my business back.

09/20/2018 Category: Service
Can't replace a bulb correctly
I went to get my turn signal fixed and was charged for it. They didn't fix it after i was told it was just a burned out bulb. I could have probably done it myself if it was that simple a task.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/20/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us! I will be at the Hyundai store all day tomorrow and most definitely will make it right for you.

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/21/2018

Thank you for taking your time to come in today so we could correct our mistake. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service Thank you!!

309-664-1222

Thanks again for taking your time to rescore us. While mistakes do happen we pride ourselves in being your 5 star dealer. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website for service specials and online scheduling along with other features. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!

09/17/2018 Category: Service
Above and beyond
After I submitted a review on the quality of service in regards to an oil change I had received, within about 15 minutes. I received a personal call from the service manager, Brandon, about my issue. As soon as he found out what the issue was he immediately sprung into action to resolve the issue. I had only asked for 3 free oil changes to build my trust back but Brandon went above that and gave me 5, just to show how dedicated they are to their customers and to the quality of service they provide. I was genuinely blown away by how he consistently checks the feedback from customers, how quickly he resolves issues, and how excellent his customer service is.

09/17/2018 Category: Service
They almost broke my 10 month old engine
I got an oil change on September 10, a Monday. I thought everything was fine, service center personnel were very friendly and welcoming. I just so happened to get a wheel alignment done with my car the Friday of that week, and as it turns out, the mechanic that worked in my car never tightened the cap and caused a huge oil leak. There was no telling how much oil I had lost between Monday and Friday. My engine could have been seriously damaged due to the mechanic not taking the time to properly check that everything was fully restored. I informed the dealership and they offered me one free oil change and to clean the spill to gain my trust back. I personally feel that I should be compensated with 3 free oil changes to gain my trust back. I feel as though 3 is a fair number because a company has 90 day or 3 month evaluation on a new hire just to see if they have any bad habits that would be detrimental to the company. My car needs an oil change only once every three months. One oil change is just a quick oops fix and that they will know I’m looking out even more so for mistakes. To truly gain my trust I would need to see 3 oil changes of services to see if this dealership has any bad habits that would be detrimental to my vehicle. If I can’t trust my own Hyundai dealership to take care of my Hyundai , then who can I trust?
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/17/2018

Thank you for taking your time to make me aware of this. I tried to call and was unable to reach you please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 1309 706 0626 thank you

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking your time to call me back. While I hate to ever have a issue I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to rebuild your trust in our service department. Thanks again and have a great week!!

309-664-1222

Thanks again we look forward to being your 5 star dealer. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website for service specials and on-line scheduling along with other features. Thanks for all your time and have a great weekend!!!

Gibson City, IL
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Care and concern for the customer
Thank you for taking the time to read my previous review and to respond to it quickly. It shows the dealership is concerned how its customers are treated.
In no way was James or Renee faulted for my previous review. They do an excellent job dealing with the customers day on and day out.

09/04/2018 Category: Service
Improve time and service
Had an appointment for oil change and tire rotation. After an hour, service rep said two more services needed to be performed. I agreed. Another hour or more went by before they were completed. Then the car wasn't washed or vacuumed. Was given a coupon to take to a car wash facility....more time and effort to have this done.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/04/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will review your last visit and contact you with a resolution. I want to make sure that we provide 5 star service on every visit. Thanks again I will be in touch

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/05/2018

Thank you for taking your time to rescore us! Customer service is our #1 goal and have taken this opportunity to make sure we earn a 5 star review on your next visit. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website for service specials and online scheduling along with other features. We are currently looking to upgrade our customer communications throughout the whole servicing experience. Thanks again and have a great rest of your summer!!!

Carrie M.
08/31/2018 Category: Service
Satisfied customer are important
I appreciate James calling to follow up with me on my last visit to ensure that the seat cover replacement will work out.

08/31/2018 Category: Service
It's ok
I would have hoped that someone would have inspected the seat cover replacement. They would not have been happy to haven't in their vehicle. I feel like the quality of my vehicle has been lessened at the hands of the dealer.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/01/2018

Please contact me at your earliest convenience. My cell # is 309-706-0626 Thank you

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/11/2018

Thank you for taking your time to rescore us. We look forward to taking care of all your vehicles needs and providing you with nothing but 5 star service. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website for service specials and online scheduling along with other features. Thanks again and have a great week!!!

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Extremely satisfied!
My car had broken down - issue was resolved quickly. I liked how I was kept updated.
Renee and her team are awesome!

08/23/2018 Category: Service
Vehicle broke down after 1 week of servicing
I’ve been servicing my vehicle here for many years and have always been satisfied. However, one week after servicing (and telling them the issue I observed - which they couldn’t find) when my car broke down - it’s very disappointing.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/23/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will be checking into this and be in touch with you for a resolution thank you

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/28/2018

Awesome thank you! I'm glad my team took care of your vehicles needs. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. We appreciate you choosing us to take care of your family's vehicles needs for you. Thanks again and have a great rest of your summer!!!

TL
Tom L.
08/03/2018 Category: Service
My mistake
I meant to score Brandon and his team a 5. My mistake.

My original comments speak to my respect and admiration for the service team at OBrien Hyundai.

08/03/2018 Category: Service
Hyundai and OBrein
Hyundai really stepped up to support their brand. Brandon Kessingers team did an amazing job for me.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/03/2018

I'm sure this was a accident that we got a 1 star review but I will contact you and see what happened thank you

BF
Brad F.
Lincoln, IL
07/17/2018 Category: Service
Service Issue Resolved
Brandon reached out to me to let me know that he has addressed the issues that were mentioned and thanked me for bringing some things to his attention. We both agreed that things like this can not be improved upon without first knowing about them. Brandon was absolutely great to talk with. I would recommend this dealership to any and all my friends. Their customer service and follow up is the BEST.

07/17/2018 Category: Service
Oil Change
already provided input
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/17/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I appreciate the feedback and as I have been out of the shop for the last week I look forward to sharing this review with my employees and contacting you with a resolution for you inconveniently.

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/18/2018

I tried to reach you about you recent service visit please give me a call on my cell phone when you get a chance at 309-706-0626

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/19/2018

Thank you for taking your time to speak with me today to help us get better. Myself and the rest of my service team look forward to earning a 5 star review on your next visit. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!!

309-664-1222

Thanks again for the great review. I have truly enjoyed working with you.

Timothy M.
2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
06/26/2018 Category: Service
Great Timely Response to Poor Service
I appreciate both how quickly Brandon responded and the offer to resolve the Issue. I have always had such good service in the past which made this visit all the more disappointing. Thank you for expeditiously resolving this to my satisfaction.

06/26/2018 Category: Service
Poor Customer Service
I had some vermin chew up the cabin filter and the tech inspected and left the mess in the car. I worked for an auto repair shop and would never have left what was left in place at your dealership. Very poor decision by your service department.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/26/2018

Sounds like a very poor service visit to me also. I have been out of the dealership I will review this with my staff and contact you with a resolution tomorrow. Thank you for bringing this to my attention this is not how we do business and want to continue being the number one servicing Hyundai dealer in the region

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/27/2018

Thank you for taking your time to speak with me today. Myself and the rest of my service team look forward to providing you with 5 star service on every visit. This poor service visit gave us a chance to get better. We look forward to taking care of your vehicles needs moving forward. Thanks again for your time and have a great summer!!!

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/29/2018

Thank you for taking your time to speak with me again today. I just wanted make sure you got my request for a rescore its says sent on my end I hope y ok u take your time to fill it out if you get it. Thanks again and have a great 4th holiday

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/30/2018

Once again thank you for taking your time to speak with me and yet again taking your time to review us. We look forward to earning a 5 star review on your next visit. Thanks again and have a great holiday you have just started my Saturday on the right foot this morning thank you!!!!

05/15/2018 Category: Service
Service Visit
Thank you James for helping me today! You are truly awesome at what you do. Always friendly service with a smile and I love how you keep me updated when my vehicle is in for maintenance.

05/15/2018 Category: Service
Service Visit
Really friendly service area
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 05/16/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will review your last visit and contact you with a solution. Talk to you soon thank you.

JAMES E., Hyundai Advisor from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 05/16/2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us talk over your recent visit.

HH
Harvey H.
Decatur, IL
2015 Hyundai Genesis
03/26/2018 Category: Service
re review
Brandon thank you for working with me on my repair. It is a pleasure to know a business is so concerned with their performance and satisfaction of their customers. I live in Decatur about 45 min away but it is worth the drive if I can get this kind of service and responsiveness. Thanks you again for your concern and looking forward to seeing you soon.

03/26/2018 Category: Service
2015 genesis
Not pleased with seat repair .
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 03/27/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will be in contact with you to see what we can do to help or if the repair was unsatisfactory or what it takes to resolve this situation.

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking your time to speak with me today. I'm glad we could come together on the repair and get you back to new. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website it contains service specials and online scheduling along with other features. Thanks again and have a great spring!!!

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 03/28/2018

We appreciate you taking your time to re review us. We look forward to being your 5 star dealer and worth the drive thanks again and we will see you soon!!!!

RA
Richard A.
09/02/2017 Category: Service
Great follow up
Good customer service and follow up to any questions I had. Nice waiting area.

09/02/2017 Category: Service
Make sure to review your bill before paying
I had a year of free oil changes when I bought my car from the sales manager. It seems like a major issue when I bring it in for an oil change as they make a big deal on it. My last service I had an oil change n tires rotated. I told them about the free oil change n when I checked out as I was in a hurry they still charged me for the oil change. Then they always ask for a good rating.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/02/2017

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will review your last visit and contact you with a resolution to this issue. We want to be your 5 star dealer.

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking your time on a Saturday to speak with me. It was 100% our fault of bad notes or lack there of I have updated your records so this does not happen again and be refunding you the amount of your visit. Customer service is truly what we are building our reputation on and look forward to providing you with 5 star service on every visit. Thanks again and have a great holiday weekend.

Carl W.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/29/2017 Category: Service
5 star, always a smile, nice greeting and what work was done
The Best

08/29/2017 Category: Service
Customer service
JAMES E., Hyundai Advisor from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/29/2017

We will be in contact to resolve this issue.

JAMES E., Hyundai Advisor from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/29/2017

Thank you for taking the time to allow us to come to a better understanding of your most recent visit. Also I would like to thank you for taking the time for the rescore. We hope during your visit you got a chance to check out our updated lounge with added amenities. Again thank you Miss Shirley and have a Wonderful week!!! :)

05/01/2017 Category: Service
Will do what it takes
I recently had a misunderstanding at the dealership and was very grateful for Brandon, Service Manager, who reached out to me and let me explain my situation in detail. He was able to explain to me what was misunderstood and made sure that it made sense before the conversation ended. I'm thankful for people like Brandon who go the extra mile to make sure their customers are happy and taken care of!

05/01/2017 Category: Service
Below Average Experience
I only go to get my car serviced here because my oil changes are included until 75,000 miles. I will not return after I reach that mark. I'm always pressured to do more than routine maintence and I was told last time that my warranty was no longer in place; when I asked why I couldn't get a clear answer. I also was told I "needed" brake service that I ended up going to a local shop for and they were close to $500 less. I always feel pressured for the upsell and not valued as a customer.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 05/01/2017

Thank you for taking your time to review us I will contact you after reviewing your last visit

309-664-1222

I could not reach you on the phone please give me a call at your earliest convenience I take great pride in customer service and want all my customers to be happy with our service
cell# 309-706-0626

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking the time to go over your last visit We will continue our training to be your 5 star dealer.

309-664-1222

Thanks again for taking your time to re review us Myself and the rest of my service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service with a new name and great service with updated amenities and facility improvements thanks again and welcome to the new O'Brien Hyundai

2007 Hyundai Azera
01/25/2017 Category: Service
Hyundai Service
Hyundai has always given us good service for many years. Misunderstood service needed for warranty.

01/25/2017 Category: Service
Cheated out of warranty.
Always went to Hyundai for service to keep our warranty. Just found out no longer covered by warranty because something missed during service. Feel like it was missed on purpose. Not happy.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 01/25/2017

Im sorry not sure what was wrong have a scheduled appointment for this week is this a mistake?

309-664-1222

Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 01/26/2017

Thank you for taking the time to re -review us we have enjoyed taking care of all your vehicles needs over the last 10 years and look forward to the next Thanks again and have a great vacation

2010 Hyundai Genesis Co
11/07/2016 Category: Service
Appreciate the Follow up
I appreciate the timely follow up and issue resolution.

11/07/2016 Category: Service
Lengthy Oil Change
Staff and facilities are nice, but an oil change shouldn't take 2+ hours.
Brandon W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 11/07/2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us I will look into the issue on your service visit and get back with you by the end of the day we want to be your five star dealer

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking the time to review this with me. I had a meeting with both my service advisors about respecting customers time and keeping you informed about the status of your vehicle. We look forward to earning a 5 star review on your next visit.
Thank you and have a great holiday season