Overall Rating 2.46875/5Overall Rating 2.46875/5rating 2.46875rating 2.46875rating 2.46875

Michael L.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/27/2019 Category: Service
Less than one star
I didn’t want to give one star but the format of your survey forced me to give at least one star to continue.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 05/27/2019

Thank you for taking your time to let me know about your recent service visit. This is not how we do buisnsee and is a pretty embarrassing. We will contact you first thing tomorrow and come up with a resolution to regain your trust in our service department and provide you with 5 star service every time.

Ruben R.
03/15/2019 Category: Service
Fine
I was called and given an apology for my concerns.

03/15/2019 Category: Service
My review
My only concern was the amount of time it took for an oil change. It shouldn't take an hour and a half or simple oil change when I can get one done for 15 minutes down the street.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 03/15/2019

I will look into why this took so long and contact you with a resolution thank you

09/17/2018 Category: Service
Above and beyond
After I submitted a review on the quality of service in regards to an oil change I had received, within about 15 minutes. I received a personal call from the service manager, Brandon, about my issue. As soon as he found out what the issue was he immediately sprung into action to resolve the issue. I had only asked for 3 free oil changes to build my trust back but Brandon went above that and gave me 5, just to show how dedicated they are to their customers and to the quality of service they provide. I was genuinely blown away by how he consistently checks the feedback from customers, how quickly he resolves issues, and how excellent his customer service is.

09/17/2018 Category: Service
They almost broke my 10 month old engine
I got an oil change on September 10, a Monday. I thought everything was fine, service center personnel were very friendly and welcoming. I just so happened to get a wheel alignment done with my car the Friday of that week, and as it turns out, the mechanic that worked in my car never tightened the cap and caused a huge oil leak. There was no telling how much oil I had lost between Monday and Friday. My engine could have been seriously damaged due to the mechanic not taking the time to properly check that everything was fully restored. I informed the dealership and they offered me one free oil change and to clean the spill to gain my trust back. I personally feel that I should be compensated with 3 free oil changes to gain my trust back. I feel as though 3 is a fair number because a company has 90 day or 3 month evaluation on a new hire just to see if they have any bad habits that would be detrimental to the company. My car needs an oil change only once every three months. One oil change is just a quick oops fix and that they will know I’m looking out even more so for mistakes. To truly gain my trust I would need to see 3 oil changes of services to see if this dealership has any bad habits that would be detrimental to my vehicle. If I can’t trust my own Hyundai dealership to take care of my Hyundai , then who can I trust?
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/17/2018

Thank you for taking your time to make me aware of this. I tried to call and was unable to reach you please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 1309 706 0626 thank you

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking your time to call me back. While I hate to ever have a issue I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to rebuild your trust in our service department. Thanks again and have a great week!!

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/21/2018

Thanks again we look forward to being your 5 star dealer. Don't forget to check out the new O'Brien Hyundai website for service specials and on-line scheduling along with other features. Thanks for all your time and have a great weekend!!!

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Extremely satisfied!
My car had broken down - issue was resolved quickly. I liked how I was kept updated.
Renee and her team are awesome!

08/23/2018 Category: Service
Vehicle broke down after 1 week of servicing
I’ve been servicing my vehicle here for many years and have always been satisfied. However, one week after servicing (and telling them the issue I observed - which they couldn’t find) when my car broke down - it’s very disappointing.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/23/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will be checking into this and be in touch with you for a resolution thank you

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/28/2018

Awesome thank you! I'm glad my team took care of your vehicles needs. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. We appreciate you choosing us to take care of your family's vehicles needs for you. Thanks again and have a great rest of your summer!!!

Timothy M.
2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
06/26/2018 Category: Service
Great Timely Response to Poor Service
I appreciate both how quickly Brandon responded and the offer to resolve the Issue. I have always had such good service in the past which made this visit all the more disappointing. Thank you for expeditiously resolving this to my satisfaction.

06/26/2018 Category: Service
Poor Customer Service
I had some vermin chew up the cabin filter and the tech inspected and left the mess in the car. I worked for an auto repair shop and would never have left what was left in place at your dealership. Very poor decision by your service department.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/26/2018

Sounds like a very poor service visit to me also. I have been out of the dealership I will review this with my staff and contact you with a resolution tomorrow. Thank you for bringing this to my attention this is not how we do business and want to continue being the number one servicing Hyundai dealer in the region

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/27/2018

Thank you for taking your time to speak with me today. Myself and the rest of my service team look forward to providing you with 5 star service on every visit. This poor service visit gave us a chance to get better. We look forward to taking care of your vehicles needs moving forward. Thanks again for your time and have a great summer!!!

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/29/2018

Thank you for taking your time to speak with me again today. I just wanted make sure you got my request for a rescore its says sent on my end I hope y ok u take your time to fill it out if you get it. Thanks again and have a great 4th holiday

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/30/2018

Once again thank you for taking your time to speak with me and yet again taking your time to review us. We look forward to earning a 5 star review on your next visit. Thanks again and have a great holiday you have just started my Saturday on the right foot this morning thank you!!!!

David W.
2010 Hyundai Elantra
02/14/2017 Category: Service
Everyone there was very nice and they did good work. My only complaint was the charge for labor, but as described above, I felt that was so badly out of line I don't want to go back and get charged like that again.
As above
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 02/14/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I have looked at the repair order and at 195,961 miles will require some maintenance to keep it running for you it was the end of the day and we did have two tech's working on it to get it completed for you only one number is listed because it wont let us list two our shops works on a team system so we finish work in a timely manner I will contact you with a resolution We want to continue to be your five star dealer and for what we thought we were doing great work the one star score does not reflect. I am sorry for the confusion of the reflection of time spent

2007 Hyundai Azera
01/25/2017 Category: Service
Hyundai Service
Hyundai has always given us good service for many years. Misunderstood service needed for warranty.

01/25/2017 Category: Service
Cheated out of warranty.
Always went to Hyundai for service to keep our warranty. Just found out no longer covered by warranty because something missed during service. Feel like it was missed on purpose. Not happy.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 01/25/2017

Im sorry not sure what was wrong have a scheduled appointment for this week is this a mistake?

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 01/26/2017

Thank you for taking the time to re -review us we have enjoyed taking care of all your vehicles needs over the last 10 years and look forward to the next Thanks again and have a great vacation

AC
Aimee C.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
10/21/2016 Category: Service
Used to be good
Have had horrible service the last 3 years
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 10/21/2016

I am sorry you have had a bad experience I have spoken with your advisor as I was out of town on your previous visit. I will give you a call and see if we can come to a resolution of your last visit.

309-664-1222

I attempted to give you a call please give me a call back at 309-644-1222 ext 1326 I would like to get this resolved for you

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 10/27/2016

I have brought my welder from home to be able to repair your exhaust pipe that it is out of warranty to resolve your concern please give me a call so we can get this resolved for you

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 10/31/2016

I know you haven't had a chance to get back in yet but I have to send you a re-score survey in a set time fell free to fill it out after I talk to you and see what we can do

David B.
2010 Hyundai Elantra
09/06/2016 Category: Service
After 7 years of quality service Extreme Hyundai has shocked me with their lack of concern for a (in my view) a major safety issue with my 2010 Elantra plus their poor customer service.
Historically Extreme Hyundai has been a great to go for servicing of our 2010 Elantra. However, when they were faced with a major problem (in this case a poor transmission) they chose to,essentially deny the existence of the problem, defend the car, and blame the customer for his/her poor driving skills. For me this was a lesson in how not to treat a customer. Granted I was gven a replacement transmission at no cost to me (as all was covered under the lifetime warranty ). However, within a week the second transmission is now performing badly and my wife is afraid to drive the car.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/06/2016

I am sorry for the way you feel you have been treated and feel this survey reflects your personl feelings towards me and not the repair you were hoping for a survey just so you could do this its a team score not a Brandon score

Danvers, IL
2013 Hyundai Veloster
01/12/2015 Category: Service
Wonderful
Things were so wonderful at my last visit. I went in to get my cabin filter replaced and have them look at my clock again, nothing serious but the clock was a different color. no big deal, just wondering why. When I arrived they told me what they would be doing, and I waited in the comfortable waiting room. Every so often I was informed of things they were doing and other information like cost, etc. It was quicker than I anticipated, they informed me the cabin filter was replaced just fine but the radio needed to be replaced. It would be no cost to me but they would arrange that later. Very happy with this visit.

01/12/2015 Category: Service
Time.
I called to make an appointment to get my oil changed and asked them to look at my system of it needed an update. We went in ten minutes early, they said that was fine. An hour went by and a woman came out and suggested I balance and rotate my tires. I agree, then another hour went by and asked where my vehicle was. They said they were almost done with the tires. Another 30 minutes went by and my sister prompted me what was taking so long. When I asked they apparently we're looking for an update. (Searching for an update doesn't take that long.) when I got back in my car my seat and wheel were moved (which is a personal thing really) and my clock was a different color. I'm going to chalk this up to a bad day, but if it happens again. I probably won't be back.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 01/14/2015

I apologize for the length of time it took to complete your repair. The reason for this is because we had you scheduled for a routine oil change and when you came in also had a separate concern. So after we got the car to the main shop after the oil service to look at the clock we were going through our lunch hour and had to free up a technician to look at it. There are several different updates for the different audio systems. I have been checking to find out why the color of the clock is different after the update, so i can get you back in and fix this for you. I hope we can rebuild your confidence and earn a 5 star review on your next visit. I will be in contact with you to get this resolved. Thank you

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 01/30/2015

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to take care of the clock issue for you and for the great review. We look forward to taking care of all of your service needs and continuing to be the #1 servicing dealer in the district!

08/28/2019 Category: Service
Felt they chased extra services, no communication during service, multiple visits needed.
Go with someplace local who actually care about their customers.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/29/2019

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will review your last visit and find out where we failed to provide 100% customer service on your visit and contact you with a resolution. Customer service is what we pride ourselves on and it seems we have failed you. Thanks again for your feedback and we want to earn your trust back in our service department.

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/04/2019

I hope you had a great holiday weekend. I would like to speak with you and show you how much we appreciate you as a customer. After reviewing your last visit I completely understand your frustration with your service visit. Please feel free to contact by email or at the store and my cell number is 309-706-0626 I got a great offer for you to earn your trust back in our service department. Thank you and have a great day.

RA
Richard A.
09/02/2017 Category: Service
Great follow up
Good customer service and follow up to any questions I had. Nice waiting area.

09/02/2017 Category: Service
Make sure to review your bill before paying
I had a year of free oil changes when I bought my car from the sales manager. It seems like a major issue when I bring it in for an oil change as they make a big deal on it. My last service I had an oil change n tires rotated. I told them about the free oil change n when I checked out as I was in a hurry they still charged me for the oil change. Then they always ask for a good rating.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 09/02/2017

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will review your last visit and contact you with a resolution to this issue. We want to be your 5 star dealer.

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking your time on a Saturday to speak with me. It was 100% our fault of bad notes or lack there of I have updated your records so this does not happen again and be refunding you the amount of your visit. Customer service is truly what we are building our reputation on and look forward to providing you with 5 star service on every visit. Thanks again and have a great holiday weekend.

05/01/2017 Category: Service
Will do what it takes
I recently had a misunderstanding at the dealership and was very grateful for Brandon, Service Manager, who reached out to me and let me explain my situation in detail. He was able to explain to me what was misunderstood and made sure that it made sense before the conversation ended. I'm thankful for people like Brandon who go the extra mile to make sure their customers are happy and taken care of!

05/01/2017 Category: Service
Below Average Experience
I only go to get my car serviced here because my oil changes are included until 75,000 miles. I will not return after I reach that mark. I'm always pressured to do more than routine maintence and I was told last time that my warranty was no longer in place; when I asked why I couldn't get a clear answer. I also was told I "needed" brake service that I ended up going to a local shop for and they were close to $500 less. I always feel pressured for the upsell and not valued as a customer.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 05/01/2017

Thank you for taking your time to review us I will contact you after reviewing your last visit

309-664-1222

I could not reach you on the phone please give me a call at your earliest convenience I take great pride in customer service and want all my customers to be happy with our service
cell# 309-706-0626

309-664-1222

Thank you for taking the time to go over your last visit We will continue our training to be your 5 star dealer.

309-664-1222

Thanks again for taking your time to re review us Myself and the rest of my service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service with a new name and great service with updated amenities and facility improvements thanks again and welcome to the new O'Brien Hyundai

JO
Julia O.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
03/11/2017 Category: Service
10 Year 100,000 mile warranty not a warranty
I was charged $100 deductible for a leak in my air conditioning unit on my Elantra. Since when does one pay a deductible for a warranty issue?
JAMES E., Hyundai Advisor from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 03/11/2017

I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding. Please give me a call at the dealership so i can further explain.

James Echevarria
Hyundai Advisor

PG
Pabitha G.
08/08/2016 Category: Service
service
i already commented on previous page
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/08/2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us it is a complimentary car wash and vaccum not a detail. I will review this in the morning and contact you with a resolution myself and the rest of the Extreme Hyundai service team take our service quality and service reputation with the most importance as we are the #1 servicing Hyundai dealer in the district and would like to keep it that way that allows us to provide a service like a complimentary car wash and vaccum

David H.
Tremont, IL
08/02/2016 Category: Service
staff is professional and courteous as well as knowledgeable.
(see above)

08/02/2016 Category: Service
Usually very reliable and courteous
Did not communicate in returning my keys, forcing me to turn around and come back to dealership.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/02/2016

Defiantly not our best yes my advisor Renee should have directly handed your key's back before your departure a learing experience we will correct immediately we will continue our training and hopefully we can earn a five star review on your next visit

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 08/03/2016

Thanks again for taking the time to review us and letting me know what went wrong so we can make improvements we look forward to earning a five star review on your next visit as we continue training and getting better

07/23/2019 Category: Service
OK Service
I go here to get my oil changed because I want to keep my warranty. They are often slower than most places, though last time they were much more timely. Without the warranty issue, I'd go elsewhere.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 07/23/2019

Thank you for taking your time to review us. This kind of service experience is not acceptable for our customers. I will contact you so I can make sure we improve your next visit.

Carbon, IN
06/05/2019 Category: Service
Service Team is Working to Resolve My Issue
This service team has always been great about taking care of my vehicle so I was surprised when I took it in with a concern about the oil being low. I was hoping it was just a forgetful tech that hadn’t topped off my oil during my last service. But I was surprised when no one brought up the concern during my visit and nothing was suggested for determining the cause. Once I let them know of my dissatisfaction they were great about following up and working with me to establish a plan to track the issue and resolve the cause. I like this team and I am pleased that they are working with me to get to the bottom of the problem!

06/05/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
Did not treat me as a valued customer when I reported a suspected problem with the last service performed on my car. I suspect they did not put all of the oil in during the last oil change. I found the oil level down to where it wasn’t even registering on the dip stick when the engine started making noise. I added2 quarts to bring it up to at least showing on the stick. When I took my car in the next week for an oil change and told them about it they sarcastically doubted that was what happened. There is no sign of a leak where I park and if my engine (less than 50,000 miles) is burning that much oil then there should have been recommending following up to find the problem. I see no sign of this engine burning oil. After I left and fumed for a bit I did send them a message and received a request that I bring my car in after 1,000 miles so they can check the oil level....oh and they will take care of my next oil change. I have been checking my oil every few days and haven’t seen a problem yet - I will take it back for them to check it but it is going to take a lot to get my confidence in them back.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/05/2019

Thank you for taking your time to review us. My service team will contact you with resolution today.

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 06/12/2019

Thank you for taking your time to rescore us. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our service department. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Don't forget to like us on Facebook and download the O'Brien rewards app for points towards your next visit along with other features. Thanks again and have a great spring!!!

JJ
Judith J.
12/21/2018 Category: Service
Judith J.
The service department have been great at correcting the problem. I am very appreciative they listen to me and got right on it.

12/21/2018 Category: Service
judith
The customer service at this location in the past has been excellent and I would always write it at 5 stars. This last visit I would only give it three stars, reason being my hood was damaged in the person working on my vehicle had to have known they damaged my hood.
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 12/21/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I will contact you with a resolution. Thank you

309-664-1222

BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 12/26/2018

We appreciate your continued support of our service department and letting us fix our wrong. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to finishing another record setting year of customer service. We want every service visit to be perfect but if not want to fix it. Thanks again for letting us show you we are the best at service and have a great holiday season!!!!

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/05/2018 Category: Service
The work of the service department.
After finding out what it took to service the vehicle I was wrong in complaining. We have had great service. We have had been a customer for eleven years and have bought two vehicles from them.

10/05/2018 Category: Service
The employees
Acceptable
BRANDON W K., SERVICE MANAGER from OBrien Hyundai of Normal responded on 10/05/2018

Thank you for taking your time to review us. I appreciate your continued support of our service department and I will contact you with a resolution for the delay in communication and keeping you updated on the status of your repair. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!

309-664-1222

I appreciate you taking you time to speak with me today. As a long time customer I knew there was something we could get better on to improve your next visit. It's things like this that help us get better thank you. Myself and the rest of the O'Brien Hyundai service team look forward to another record setting year of customer service. Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!!