Overall Rating 3.039999/5Overall Rating 3.039999/5Overall Rating 3.039999/5rating 3.039999rating 3.039999
Overall Rating 2.12/5Overall Rating 2.12/5rating 2.12rating 2.12rating 2.12

Dana G.
Scituate, RI
2015 Hyundai Tucson
04/13/2019 Category: Service
Repair after 1st maintenance
I had my first Free For Life maintenance. After I left the dealership I experienced problems with the vehicle. I was called back in, the matter was addressed and it was repaired under warranty to my satisfaction.

04/13/2019 Category: Service
I cannot say until my problem is fixed to my satisfaction
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/15/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. The survey is a reflection of our advisor’s performance. If you would like to go over any issues, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com.  If you would like to rescore your advisor’s performance, I have sent you a rescore link. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/16/2019

PC
Paul C.
North Providence, RI
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Bad repair
Well its almost a year since my A/C was broken and now I have visited First Hyundai a total of 7 times without a satisfactory resolution.
The latest news is that a new compressor is needed and Hyundai Motors is willing to install it for 1/2 price $445 because the warranty expired in Nov 2018.

Even though this issue was originally reported in June of 2018 and never fixed correctly I agreed to the compromise as long as I was issued a credit for the incorrect repair done on 3/30/19 ($442) seeing that it did not fix the problem. The reason I patronize the dealership to repair my Hyundai is to experience a higher level of service in order to avoid 'bad repairs' such as this.

I have bought 3 Hyundai vehicles in the past ten years and have never experienced such a frustrating predicament. I have wasted over eight hours of my time making seven trips, waiting for results and writing unsatisfactory reviews. I believe that my patience and time should be rewarded and not ignored or negotiated.

Please change my mind and resolve this issue before I'm forced to abandon my allegiance to Hyundai and trade my car for a more dependable brand backed by a more compassionate dealership.

Respectfully,
Paul F Costello

04/02/2019 Category: Service
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/03/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

03/09/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Sonata Engine Check light does not go away - 4th time back to dealership for service in less than 3 months
After vehicle kept under observation by dealer maintenance for 8 days and driven by them at least 500 miles and with new fuel cap the engine check light has gone away. Service personnel took good care of it.
I drove it first week and still looking good.
But the door opening press button is not responding. Could be a different issue and will follow-up with service personnel next time!

03/09/2019 Category: Service
Dealership attempts to provide reasonable service - but the quality of service needs improvement. Not sure why maintenance managers are not informed / involved when a vehicle comes back to service 4th time in less than 3 months for the same issue or problem. Dealership is not communicating manufacturer declared / known vehicle issues until they hear back from customers also. Steering wheel click noise is one of them - until I let them know they didn't check when the vehicle was given several time to their service. Please let the dealers know they have to provide information to customers and check with customers for these kind of manufacturer known issues.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/11/2019

We would like to thank you for taking time to fill out the survey.We appreciate the confidence you have placed in us and we look forward to providing you with the best possible service into the future.If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Pawtucket, RI
2011 Hyundai Elantra
02/22/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Has Airbag Problems
Be aware at purchase that at some point you’ll probably have to pony up $900 to fix your airbag control module, which will fail for no reason, preventing you from passing inspection in the northeast. Otherwise, my opinion of the vehicles is decent.

02/22/2019 Category: Service
Untrustworthy
I have been treated like a chump. I would never go back. I tell all my friends and family about it.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored. The survey is a reflection on your service advisor. If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me  bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. I will send you another re-score link to give another chance to re-score your advisor. Our goal is your satisfaction.

CD
Carolyn. (Cayla) D.
02/20/2019
Still disappointed
Left dealership upset , I know the coil was replaced there never the less even 6 days before was seen on computer screen by adviser now totally gone from memory. It's ok always a new dealership looking for good customers to bad considering this was only place car was serviced. CN be seen on computer if that is not missing to. Customers save your write up receipts.

02/20/2019
C.d cayla
Very disappointed, was in last week for engine light, showed spark plugs, oul change, seal and coil4, did all above 6 days later of which car light was not on but noticed still running fuff and sputtering at times. I call to recheck make apt for 2/20 and on 2/19 light comes on again. I bring in next day they tell me could 2 and 3 now of which I say I remember 3 being done before, we me and Benjamin read on screen when it was in last week, well today 6 days later no record of it, funny huh after I remember it was towed in at that time. Everyone be sure to save paperwork or they will try to make you seem as a liar and offer you nothing but a 600 and change new repair bill.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/20/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Your concern has been discussed and we working on a procedure change to better inform our customers. If you would like to go over any issues, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com.  If you would like to rescore your advisor’s performance, I have sent you a rescore link. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019

We appologize that you feel this way and appreciate your 1 star review.

We will make sure to document it on your records.

Mario D.
Dedham, MA
02/09/2019 Category: Service
No communication
I would just like to know why no one has called me about a seatbelt tjat is suppose to get fixed and alsi the passenger dr s
Rattles and i brought it 3 times to get fixed snd has yet to be fixed and still have not received a spare key when i got the car last May...this is getting ridiculous..

02/09/2019 Category: Service
The lack of communication and lack of commitment to get the job done
Poor
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/10/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 1 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Marc S.
01/28/2019 Category: Service
Not sure why
I’m really not sure why a response to a review will or would change my experience. To be totally honest i was very reserved on my original review because I truly like billy and his management style. My review has not changed, but i will add this though in my opinion each customer should be treated equal no matter if it’s their first time walking into the first service department or 12 years later. 12 years of service and 4 Hyundia’s later, i can’t even get a car wash coupon with my oil change 🤦🏼‍♂️

01/28/2019 Category: Service
Average
Average visit at first this time around, never over impressed
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 3 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

GG
George G.
Medfield, MA
01/23/2019 Category: Service
RESCORE
A form letter is in my opinion no response ; nor did I really expect to receive one

01/23/2019 Category: Service
service communication
poor
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 01/29/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 1  stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

John M.
Smithfield, RI
01/07/2019 Category: Service
Poor service time and notification of service completion.
Over two hours to perform oil change. No notification of service completion. Failure to reset computer to remove failure light.

01/07/2019 Category: Service
Slow service.
Poor service time. Slow notification after service completed.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 01/08/2019

Katherine B.
East Freetown, MA
12/05/2018 Category: Service
Still awaiting resolution
After numerous emails my issues from now two weeks ago are still unresolved. I have returned the service managers emails twice. I still have yet to receive a follow up phone call or email regarding a part they forgot to reinstall at my last service visit when they had my car for a week. My replies were sent on 12/5, 12/7 and 12/11 in response. Here it is 12/13/18 and the issue was brought to their attention via phone call and email on 11/30/18 and still not resolved. I only gave one star because this review system forces me to give something otherwise it would certainly be zero stars. I guess once you sign and drive away customer service no longer exists.

12/05/2018 Category: Service
Horrible from the day I picked it up
I have yet to make the first payment and have had 3 service visits in as many weeks...antenna was missing upon delivery, flywheel replaced already (not dealers fault but what I have to say next is), lower engine cover not reinstalled not once but twice. Also very poor communication skills. I signed and took delivery and then I just became another number. Minor things would’ve helped offset the incompetence but all I’ve received is excuses. The free loaner and pick up of my vehicle helped their cause until the cover was once again forgotten which now has prompted the 3rd service visit in as many weeks so either they want to be besties or they have a service department that could use a check list of reinstalled parts before they tell a customer their vehicle is ready. This isn’t rocket science it’s business and mine will be going elsewhere from now on.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/07/2018

Richard B.
Bellingham, MA
2015 Hyundai Genesis
12/04/2018 Category: Service
Good dealership but slow service at times.
Well, first of all I must apologize for the lower score than what I usually give. I had a small issue with my Genesis where I scraped my front bumper pad and left wheel rims. I was going to take it to my local body shop but I was at First Hyundai having them check the car out to see if there was any under car damage.
I have been going to this dealership for the last 4 years since we moved to this area of the country. I have always received above and beyond top notch service, both sales & service. I have bought 2 cars from them and I have bought 3 other ones from another dealer down in Alabama when we lived down there.
I said to the service manager that I was going to take it to my local body shop to have the repair done. Billy DePalma, the service manager offered to take care of the repairs for me and that they deal with insurance companies all the time with things like this, so I was more than happy to give them the job, nobody but First works on my car. I trust them explicitly with my car!
Anyway, I did not realise that my car could not go into the body shop until they had space for the car to be repaired, neither did I realise that the dealership had to schedule the repair work after the body work was completed in order to fix my wheel rims. All this takes time and I was assuming that when the repair shop takes a car into be fixed, if the insurance company is giving them 4 to 5 days to perform the job, well then it should be done by then. I did not know that sometimes their is a timing issue on having a vehicle repaired in that short of a time frame. Repair shops can be busy this time of the year up here in the Northeast due to the weather changes, ie: ice, snow, etc.
Bottom line is I gave a poor rating not due to them but by myself not understanding the logistics of having this work done in that timely manner that I thought it would be performed & completed in.
Fortunately I was provided a loaner car during this time, which was appreciated by me.
So, as for the lower rating, I am changing it to a 5 star, as I usually give when I take my car in for service. The service advisor that I go to, as usual knows me well, as do all the other advisors, and the shop technicians as always do a great job in servicing my car.
The shop manager is a talented man, he manages many different aspects of the back end of the business. It's a never ending job, and also the companies diplomat in handling many different customer personalities at the same time & making them happy.
I did not realise how important the customer feedback is for any dealership these days, the rating for a dealership is how they are ranked in overall service performance for there area of the country. I understand now that a poor rating can literally take money out of the dealerships hand.
So before you complain, make sure it's a real reason to complain, before you write something negative call the person responsible for handling your service and talk to them. They don't want unhappy customers and 9 out of 10 times when they are aware of an issue they will make sure it is corrected.
You can trust this dealership when it comes to sales & service. They will bend over backwards to help a customer.
Oh and the dealership immediately addressed my concerns, the same day. I do apologize for my incorrect rating. I was ignorant in what was needed to take place in order to fix my car!

12/04/2018 Category: Service
Good dealership but slow service at times.
Took my car to them for minor damage to front bumper pad and rims. Insurance gave the repair 4 days. It took them 4 1/2 weeks to complete the repair and not to my satisfaction!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/04/2018

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

2015 Hyundai Tucson
11/29/2018 Category: Service
Not a good experience
Bought three cars there. Service has gone down considerably. The only one that was very nice was the Mechanic Ray. Otherwise you are treated like you are bothering them calling about your vehicle

11/29/2018 Category: Service
Horrible
I bought three cars and will NEVER buy another one here!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/30/2018

Michele, I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. The survey is also a reflection on the service advisor’s performance.

SF
Sonia F.
North Providence, RI
11/06/2018 Category: Service
First Hyundai
I would like to rescore this dealership based on my recent visit and the service provided. The manager Mr. DePalma has enumerated the services done during this visit. I was told 2 hours. It took almost 3. But I appreciate taking me in that morning since there was some confusion on the scheduling when they called. The person helping me that day was pleasant and courteous.

11/06/2018 Category: Service
Poor Customer service and service department
The customer service at First Hyundai needs lots of improvements: from my experience calling, it takes awhile for them to answer, I got passed around to different people and no help. The worse is the service department that takes too long to do the service. Oil change and tire rotation took 3 hours. This is my second lease with them. They asked me to give them another chance saying they had a reorganization and changed a lot of people at this dealership. Service is still slow. When I finish my lease, I won’t be dealing with this dealership anymore.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/07/2018

I just want to go over the service you had performed...

CUSTOMER STATES TO PERFORM MAINTENANCE PACKAGE 3 REPLACE OIL AND FILTER, TOP OFF ALL FLUIDS, INSPECT BELTS & HOSES, ADJUST TIRE PRESSURE, MULTIPOINT INSPECTION, LUBE DOOR HINGES & HOOD LATCH, ADD OIL ADDITIVE, PERFORM ROTATION, PERFORM FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER, REPLACE AIR FILTER, PERFORM ALIGNMENT  PERFORM COURTESY MULTI POINT INSPECTION.

THIS SERVICE TAKE 2.5 TO 3.0 HOURS TO PERFORM...

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/13/2018

Jean G.
Mansfield, MA
06/16/2018 Category: Service
RE take on survey
The service manager has resolved my concern. I am so thankful that HYundai takes these surveys and works to resolve issues. Next time I am due for my service I will make sure i get my car washed/vac'd....

thanks again

Jean

06/16/2018 Category: Service
The cost of my car
I expected my car to be washed/vacuum
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/18/2018

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/18/2018

Please come by anytime and we will wash and vaccum your vehicle for you.. When you come in Please come see Billy in Service.

CD
Cayla D.
2011 Hyundai Accent
03/16/2018 Category: Service
corrected problems
they have corrected problems, out of fairness to them, I am satisfied with out come. Lisa Anderson is awesome advisor highly recommend her she always goes extra mile for customer satisfaction, it was technician that had sloppy finish job.

03/16/2018 Category: Service
cd
bought new tires, installed, return a second time for oil change tire rotation pkg, advisor tells me they snapped a stud,i in form them no one has worked on car but them. they repair i leave 3 days later i look at back brake light and it is falling out of car, they just replaced light at oil change days prior. very discouraged with there finnish work.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/19/2018

or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Jon A.
11/29/2017 Category: Service
disappointed and still not satisfied
I don't feel you really want to improve your relationship with your customers. You have me bound to a finance agreement and a maintenance package so you have the upper hand. The last Hyundai I purchased, you repaired a front bearing free of charge, but for some reason your service tech doesn't see it that way. Worst of all, I brought this issue with the front bearing less than a month after purchasing the vehicle and I asked your service department to look at it. They said nothing was wrong. They were wrong. And the clunking noise I mentioned in my first review...they didn't even acknowledge it so I'm pretty sure this condition is going to worsen. but by the time you admit there is a problem, you'll be charging me for that repair as well...

11/29/2017 Category: Service
no further comments
no further comments
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/01/2017

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

AC
Amanda C.
Woonsocket, RI
11/14/2017 Category: Service
Great service, no pressure!
I would continuously recommend First Hyundai to friends and family. My family and I are customers for life.

11/14/2017 Category: Service
Customer Service is Top Notch
I've had great experiences every time I've gone to First Hyunudai - which is what led to such high expectations for my first oil change. The wait time was far longer than I expected for a schedule appointment, but the staff were all great. Multiple times I had various staff coming over to make sure my son and I were all set and asking if we needed anything. My only recommendation is they give expected wait times and/or updates so arrangements can be made if the process will take longer than expected.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 11/15/2017

maintenance visit
great job

08/16/2017 Category: Service
maintenance visit
timely and kept me informed throughout
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 08/16/2017

RT
Roland T.
06/22/2017 Category: Service
Nothing but problems since day 1
Cookie cutter response

06/22/2017 Category: Service
Nothing but problems since day 1
Unhappy with the lack of empathy, and drive for sales.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/23/2017

GL
Gregory L.
Mansfield, MA
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/26/2017 Category: Service
Excellent follow up
I received a call from the Service Manager, Billy DePalma, within 1/2 hour of my posting. He showed empathy with my issue and wants to do what ever he can to keep me as a satisfied customer. Now that is excellent customer service.

05/26/2017 Category: Service
Technician's can't figure out the problem.
Lisa is the best service rep I've ever worked with. Unfortunately, the technicians are still unable to determine what is draining my battery and causing it to go dead every 4-6 months. On top of that, after picking up my vehicle the front and rear heated seats no longer work. Now I have to bring it back.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 05/26/2017