4.6

06/29/2020
Concerns addressed
Thank you.
Derrick and David,
Followed up on my recent service concerns. I must say that their quick response has changed my concerns about the service department from negative to positive.
It is obvious if you bring a concern to the attention of the dealership they will rectify whatever is in their ability to do so.
Really can’t ask for more than that.
Well done

06/29/2020
Dazed and confused
I have recently purchased a 2020 Kona.
This is the 4th Hyundai I have purchased over the last decade. All at Fitzgerald’s
For the record an Elantra, Sonata, Kona, and now a new Kona. Obviously we would say we have been satisfied previously with all aspects of the Hyundai auto and service experience.
Unfortunately back when all the service came out of the little service desk on the Subaru side it has just gone from great to quit poor, at least my experience Sees that and my expectations are now making me decide to go to a different dealership.
If you check my records you will find a very conscientious car owner and quite frankly loyal customer.
Let me explain my recent experience; First I brought the new Kona in at 1500 miles with an appointment to have 3 things done/checked on.
Oil changed to synthetic, a squeak in the right front brake, not from pads but the mechanism has a distinct noise at very slow speeds. Brakes work fine otherwise.
I asked for the forward luggage rack to be moved back 6 inches,
After 21/2 hours the car was returned. The oil was changed, at least I was billed for it so I assume the work was done, The brake squeak is “probably because it’s new”, and the get ready for this ‘’ the luggage rack was put on at the factory and we don’t have the tool to move it”. ? Seriously. Didn’t the whole car get assembled at the factory are there Other tools you don’t have for working on the car?
Most recently I drove off with my key fob on top of the car, my fault expect to pay the stupidity tax for that.
I was able to locate the fob although it had been crushed beyond repair however the metal key was still good to go.
I went in last week to get a replacement. I was told I needed to make a service appointment. Okay ,I asked for and received an appointment for 8am this morning 6/29. I was at the dealership at 7:50 am, received my little service slip and went in.
Within no more than 2 mins I was in front of Dereck. Very nice young man who proceeded to get everything in order to get the new key fob made.
When he called to get the price to replace he was informed that they had none in stock and would order one it will be in Wednesday and I will call you when it’s ready.it will cost $278 for the replacement and the coding. ( that would be the stupidity tax I mentioned earlier) .
Why did I need to rearrange my schedule to make An appointment and a trip for a new key fob when there Was none in stock?
My time is a valuable commodity to me as I am sure yours is to you.
This whole review is like a comedy of errors and should be an embarrassment to you, if this was the level of service my company gave I would be embarrassed.
Anyway you can see I have given the lowest rating possible and also have no hope that this can or will be resolved because it seems like it has been a steady slide to get where we are today.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 06/29/2020

We will have your advisor reach out to you.

2019 Hyundai Elantra
06/16/2020 Category: Service
Fixed my problem
Initially went in for service and had an issue once I got home. Took the car back and I was promptly helped and the issue was resolved. Just a minor inconvenience but Fitzgerald made it right.

06/16/2020 Category: Service
regular services
see previous ev aluation
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 06/22/2020

Raymond B.
Camp Hill, PA
05/08/2020 Category: Service
Rescore
I appreciate the top managers reaching out

05/08/2020 Category: Service
Blown oil change
I am just so upset....
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/11/2020

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/14/2020

Mr. Burke Thank you for taking the time to speak with me over the phone. We are confident that the synthetic oil change you paid for was completed and that it was a clerical error on the technicians part that led you to believe we put conventional oil in instead. However, as we discussed, we'd be happy to come pick up your vehicle at any time and redo the oil change at no additional charge to you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 727-799-1800 if you would like to have this service scheduled. Thank you for being a valued Fitzgerald Auto Mall guest, David Bartalis, Service Director

EG
Eliot G.
Dunedin, FL
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
05/02/2020 Category: Service
Disappointed in Hyundai
One month later and my problem is still not solved. Can't use my HD radio because of "software updates". Second round of staff were nice and very apologetic, but still extremely disappointed in Hyundai. Couldn't tell me when or if it would ever be corrected. After a month, it still has not. Apparently Hyundai does not support technology on a car only 2-1/2 years old, even with installation of a new radio. Very disappointing. Should have bought 7th Toyota instead.

05/02/2020 Category: Service
Took forever
Took over 5 days for a warranty repair, and messed up something else in the process. No loaner available.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/04/2020

Tarpon Springs, FL
04/07/2020 Category: Service
Great work
Great work

04/07/2020 Category: Service
Hello
Hello
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 04/08/2020

New Port Richey, FL
2019 Hyundai Tucson
04/06/2020 Category: Service
Sandi
David was very understanding and helpful. He completely understood my concerns.

04/06/2020 Category: Service
I can not say, your car sales person very helpful, but someone should immediately acknowlege my presence when i walk into the service area
Read above
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 04/06/2020

bartalisd@fitzmall.com

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach back out to me. Like I said on the phone we take these surveys very seriously and use them to get better as a team. We are working on a display board on the service drive to give our customers better direction of who to see when they come in for service. This should be up and running in the next few weeks and should help with this pain point. We thank you for choosing us to service your vehicle and look forward to helping you next time you come in.

CT
Cindy T.
Tampa, FL
04/01/2020 Category: Service
Change of Heart
After my previous less-than-glowing rating and review, I was contacted by Fitz Countryside Service Manager David Bartalis. Upon speaking at length with David, I became convinced that I am an unfair and ungrateful blockhead, and that the Fitzgerald Countryside Hyundai Service Department is exemplary in every way. I'm probably just crabby because of this darn cold I can't seem to get rid of. I apologize to everyone involved. It won't happen again!

04/01/2020 Category: Service
Plenty of Time for Free Coffee
Don't have your car serviced here if you need to be someplace else anytime soon. Would I recommend this business? Yes, I'd recommend the dealership for its competitive prices, but not the service department.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 04/01/2020

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 04/04/2020

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. As i stated on the phone we take these surveys very seriously because it is a chance for us to get better as a team. I am sorry for the long wait for your service, up until a few weeks ago our average time to complete a service was a hour or less. However we are sending employees how if they are sick to help safe guard our customer and employees. Because of this we occasionally run longer for services. Once this passes we will be back to business as usual and delivering the high level of customer service our customers are accustomed to. We thank you for choosing us to service your vehicle and look forward to helping you in the future.

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
03/03/2020 Category: Service
Courteous and service done in a timely manner.

03/03/2020 Category: Service
Good
Service good as usual
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 03/03/2020

Thank you for your feedback. Please let us know if there was anything we could have done to make your visit 5 stars.

WB
Wilfredo B.
St. Petersburg, FL
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Xl
02/18/2020 Category: Service

02/18/2020 Category: Service
Thank you for fixing my issue and accomodating my needs. Great job David B. And Garett.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 02/19/2020

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 02/27/2020

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I am glad we were able to get you taken care of last weekend. I thank you for choosing us to service your vehicle and look forward to seeing you next time you come in.

Donald W.
Dunedin, FL
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Problem resolved

12/03/2019 Category: Service
They don't always check tire pressure as promised
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 12/03/2019

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 12/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. I wanted to apologize again that the tire pressure was not checked during your last visit. We will make sure to address this with the technicians in out weekly meeting. Thank you again for your time.

12/01/2019 Category: Service
Service follow up
My original review was not positive. The service manager called to get my input on what they need to improve. At least they are trying to get better in the service dept.

12/01/2019 Category: Service
Lack of urgency
Service department lacks urgency, especially those sitting at the desks.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 12/02/2019

bartalisd@fitzmall.com

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. Insight like yours is super valuable to helping us grow as a team. I apologize that the cashier was not at the desk when you came in to help walk you through the process. We are in the process of taking steps to limit their time away so they can help customers. We thank you for vehicle a valued guest and look forward to helping you in the future.

bartalisd@fitzmall.com

Thank you for taking the time to rescore us.

CP
Christopher P.
Oldsmar, FL
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/26/2019 Category: Service
Customer service
The customer service is great at Fitzgerald’s. If I ever displeased about something they take care of it right away.

11/26/2019 Category: Service
Service okay but they skipped complementary wash
Service was good but they skipped the complementary car wash even though they asked and I confirmed that I would appreciate it. Also, the women who completed the paperwork at pick up always seems annoyed by customers.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 11/29/2019

bartalisd@fitzmall.com

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your business with us. Have a great day.

PC
Pete C.
2012 Hyundai Genesis
10/24/2019 Category: Service
Service Director, David Bartalis, Made things right.
Very good follow thru, I will be back.

10/24/2019 Category: Service
2nd visit
Maybe 3rd time will be the charm. Switched service from HNPR, not sure if I made the right move.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 10/25/2019

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 10/29/2019

Pete thank you for taking the time to call me back today. I know that my guys are going to stumble from time to time and feedback like yours only helps us get better. I thank you for choosing us to service your vehicle and we look forward to helping you in the future.

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 10/31/2019

Thank you for being part of the Fitzgerald family!

AP
Alberto P.
10/19/2019 Category: Service
The dealer shows interest on their customers and take care of the at best of their possibilities.

10/19/2019 Category: Service
Endless tire rotation
Even if I scheduled an appointment to rotate the rotate the tires, I had to wait almost 3 hr to get my car back. It was a Saturday, one of the busiest day I guess, but I would have prefer to be told a more accurate waiting time to better organize my time instead of waisting it in the waiting room. Hope we can do better next
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 10/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We do our best daily to complete our customer vehicle as quickly as possible. I see that in addition to your regular maintenance we completed a recall. These recalls are very important and can add time to a typical service. I apologize if your advisor did not inform you of the extra time. We thank you for being a valued customer and look forward to helping you in the future.

DN
Donna N.
10/16/2019 Category: Service
Service was complete
Service was completed correctly

10/16/2019 Category: Service
Service takes way too long
Service needs more help. Service needs to be more complete
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 10/17/2019

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 10/18/2019

I wanted to thank you again for calling me back yesterday and talking to me about your service visit. Feedback like yours is super valuable, especially when we are trying to change behavior of our staff members. As I stated on the phone we do a weekly meeting with our express technicians and I will be using some of the information you gave me yesterday in our meeting today. We thank you for being a Fitz customer, have a great weekend.