Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai

Overall Rating 4.257423/5Overall Rating 4.257423/5Overall Rating 4.257423/5Overall Rating 4.257423/5rating 4.257423
Overall Rating 2.1485149/5Overall Rating 2.1485149/5rating 2.1485149rating 2.1485149rating 2.1485149

AQ
Asia Q.
Rockville, MD
06/15/2019 Category: Service
Poor wait time and lack of customer service.
Individual did not provide good customer service and I waited two hours for something as simple as a changing tail light bulb, which wasn’t even fixed at the time of my visit. I had to take it to another technician, who fixed it in under 10 minutes. They also wanted to change me between 50-160 dollars just to look at the car and figure out what was wrong with my tail light. I typically have good visits at this location but, this particular experience has made me realize I won’t be going back again. It shouldn’t have taken so long to assess and fix such a simple problem.
Chris T., Service Lane Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/15/2019

Asia,
  I am sorry that it took two hours to finish your vehicle.  That is really unacceptable and way too long.  We have been adding staff in our express service to handle the increased volume but obviously will have to evaluate adding more. Hopefully we can distribute the work load and shorten wait time. We will make adjustments and strive to be better. Your advisor is also very new and is actually still training. We apologize and will make necessary skills training to address his shortcomings.  Please contact us as we would like to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Team (Chris Turgeon and Josh Krumpach) at 301-670-4830.

Clarksburg, MD
2019 Hyundai Tucson
06/14/2019 Category: Service
Time keeps on ticking into the future
God lord, 2 hrs for an oil change.

We apologize that it took two hours to finish your vehicle. That is really unacceptable and an excessive time to wait. We have been adding staff in our express service to handle the increased volume but will obviously have to evaluate adding more. We would like to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Team (Chris Turgeon and Josh Krumpach) at 301-670-4830.

Santosh S.
North Potomac, MD
Great service as always
Hassle free service and very friendly staff.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/14/2019

We are extremely pleased to see that you had a great experience with us. We will continue to look forward to meeting your service needs in the future. Thank you for leaving us a positive survey response. Have a spectacular day!

RP
Robert P.
Elkridge, MD
2019 Hyundai Kona
Just easy...
Easy to schedule, easy to wait, easily explained (if there is a problem), easily fixed (if there is a problem.)

SK
Stephen K.
Customer Service
Jonathan is awesome! Best customer service.

Antonina M.
2011 Hyundai Tucson
Fantastic place!
I will always bring my car here. Best service ever...reasonable prices...great personnel.

2016 Hyundai Elantra
Simple In and out
As usual my appointment to have my car serviced was fast and easy with no complications. The only complaint would be the difficulty of getting to the service entry, but that’s pretty much out of their hands due to the construction.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/13/2019

TF
Timothy F.
Parkville, MD
06/13/2019 Category: Service
Average overall, but attention to detail is a little lacking
I enjoyed the break room and coffee. My appointment was for 10:00, I got the car back at 11:45, which is much longer than I have experienced before. The service I purchased online included a car wash, which was not performed. One of my alloy wheels had a fresh new gouge on it after the tire rotation. I was told I was receiving a $10 off coupon but there was a MISC shop supplies charge also on the bill, which offset the discount. The service I purchased online should have been $74.95. However, if it were not for the "discount" it would have come to $84.95. I'm not sure "discount" is the proper term in this case. I assume the service was completed properly. These are all minor issues, but in aggregate they decreased the customer experience for me. Thanks for your time.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/13/2019

Sorry for length of time it took to complete the service on the vehicle. We are in the process of adding more express techs to assist with the work load. We recieved the NEW car wash vouchers for the Auto Spa two days ago so if you'd like to stop by we'd be glad to give you one. As for the issue with wheel, please email me a picture of the wheel and we will check our cameras for you.

Hyundai Service Lane Manager

Silver Spring, MD
2011 Hyundai Elantra To
FAST, FRIENDLY SERVICE
Great job!
Chris T., Service Lane Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/13/2019

06/12/2019 Category: Service
A good attempt
see earlier comments regarding check in and additional service difficultiesl
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/12/2019

I apologize about the long wait but the reason for the longer wait is because we had other cars ahead of your car with appointments. This is the reason your first car was done quicker. You had an appointment for the following day for this car. We were trying to help you out and save you a trip the next day, but it seems that our kindness has backfired on us. If you have any other questions or comments. Please reach out to me.

Hyundai Service Manager
Direct Line : 301-548-4821

WH
Wayiz H.
06/12/2019 Category: Service
Jason was great I didn’t wait long it was very fast service for oil change great staff good management thanks Hassan A+++++

Boyds, MD
Great Customer Service
Great fast service as usual! Would definitely recommend.

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
Good Value
Service managers responded to all my needs. Did a very good job.

06/11/2019 Category: Service
Be honest, and honor your discounts.
They didn’t seem interested in honoring their discounts.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/12/2019

We are trying to reach out to your service visit. Please give us a call 301-670-4800

Hyundai Service Lane

KD
Krista D.
Clarksburg, MD
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
Nice place
Very accommodating for waiting customers. Only wish the bathrooms were gender neutral since they are single use anyway.

2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
Service prices are dramatically Inflated
Commission-based service intake workers frequently inflate prices or recommend unnecessary services to increase their pay. Prices are consistently 2-3 times costs at other certified service locations in the area. I have dozens of examples over the years including a quote of $650 to replace Santa Fe sparkplugs, $325 for a Hyundai Elantra Car Battery, $70 to replace the cabin air filter, the list goes on and on and on- and happens virtually every time I visit. I'm sure the Service Managers reward these intake workers for increasing sales. Save your money and find an honest service dealership in the area. By the way, Hyundai will respond to this post but will not allow follow up posts from customers so I would keep that in the proper context. I work at a large employer in the area and my colleagues all echo these sentiments. Great place to buy a car but don't get your car services there.
BRETT J D., Service Director from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/14/2019

Dear Customer, After reviewing your service history and previous reviews it appears we have fallen short each time you have serviced your car with us. Fitzgerald's Hyundai in Gaithersburg strives to give each of our customers great service with many pricing options when it comes to servicing their vehicle, but sometimes we just can't meet a customers expectations. I would like to suggest you give our sister store in Rockville a try and hopefully they can do better by you. We regret we may loose a customer but hopefully can keep you in the Fitzgerald family of stores. I wish you the best of luck with servicing your vehicle in the future.

Brett Davis
Service Director
(301)258-4496

James S.
Damascus, MD
Lost car
Terrible, they could not locate my keys/car for 45 minutes
Chris T., Service Lane Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/11/2019

We are disappointed with your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru as well, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. If you would like to provide us additional feedback, or if there is anything we can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact our Management Team (Chris Turgeon and Josh Krumpach) at 301-670-4830.

Charisse H.
06/10/2019 Category: Service
Thanks Josh and Randy for the great customer service.

Rockville, MD

All good!

John R.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
06/10/2019 Category: Service
Be sure to inspect the car carefully,
I saw the car that I purchased online at their sister Hyundai store in Rockville. It was transported to the Lakeforest location. I took it for a road test and it checked out. The overhead console had a defect and they agreed to replace it. While waiting for the part to come I found other issues. The headlight washer cover and retaining clip were missing. The rear passenger window switch was bad and now I find the drivers door seal has a six inch tear that will allow water to flow where shouldn't. Also, while examining the car before the test drive I notice a few spots in places that should be cleaned. My sales person took not of these and said that the car would be cleaned up while I finished completing the sale. The cleaning was none existent. The spots were still where I found. I found cash register receipts dated 2017 under the driver and passenger seats and there was dried fruit under the drivers seat guide rails. I mean, come on! So, while the service department at the Lakeforest location is going above and beyond making things right. Whoever is preparing used cars for sale at the Rockville location is not doing not doing a through job. And, whoever is responsible for cleaning cars before a customer takes possession at the Lakeforest location wiped the interior of the car with a scented rag and sent the car on its way. Pretty shabby performance.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/10/2019

Thank you for leaving a good comment about the service department. I will relay the other info to the sale department and used car department.  Hyundai service will be in contact when the part is painted and ready to go.

Hyundai Service