JOE S.
Ford Edge
05/14/2021
Customer service
The customer service at Fred is awesome!

Scion iM
05/13/2021
Best around
Had to bring in my 2016 Scion for a nail in the tire, also needed some basic maintenence done anyway. On short notice they patched the tire and had a worn drive belt replaced in 36 hours. Great service at a great price.

PA

CV
Christina V.
Honda Fit
05/07/2021 Category: Service
Christina said they were very nice, very communicative and the prices were fair.

John K.
Chevrolet Chevy Van
05/07/2021 Category: Service
John said when he went in for repairs on the radiator the business placed in his vehicle 10 months previously they serviced it for free. The staff are very friendly, easy to work with and scheduling services is easy.

STEVE S.
Chevrolet Colorado
05/06/2021
Professional and thorough work at fair prices
Uniquely transparent information, customer friendly and respectful, and speedy work ethic. I trust them implicitly to do good work and be fair with me.

EN
ELIZABETH N.
05/05/2021
Amazing. Hurry up and get over here!
Many times when heading to a mechanic I am dismissed because of my gender and appearance. Not here. I was treated with respect and it was amazing. Barry and Fred do a great job ensuring transparency with recommendations and color code in level of importance. I was able to read over the value and importance of each repair and decide what we do now and what can wait. Everything was clear and prompt. I feel good knowing that my old girl is in good hands.

MARIA D.
Subaru Legacy Sedan
05/05/2021
I arrive at the shop distressed and concerned about the health of my car and leave the shop after pickup, grateful and relieved my motor car is ready for the road.
The Review Title above, says it all!

Oldsmobile Bravada
04/30/2021
I always get great service from Fred and Barry. Very friendly and always answer all my questions.

KK
KATHY K.
Jeep Liberty
04/29/2021
Excellent work
I can trust the work that is done. They are very thorough and careful, pleasant and friendly.

OH
Otto H.
04/26/2021
Fabulous
My 1996 Ford Explorer would not go into 4WD. I have known Fred's Wrenchouse for about 10 years and trust them to do good work at a fair price. They diagnosed the problem on my dinosaur and within a few days had fixed it. The problem was a fairly complex failure of many systems and components that are part of the automatic transmission and transfer case assemblies.

After they were done, the truck drove better than at any time I have owned it. They replaced electronic sensors and wires that had degraded or failed. This enabled the truck's drive train systems to share information over the truck's computer network. Suddenly, the truck's acceleration from a standstill was measurably improved. It has a V-6 and performance and agility are not its strong suits. The 4WD system worked perfectly. Fred and his crew, including Barry, are first rate.

JOHN F.
04/26/2021
Solid
Classic space. Reliable service

KA
Kevin A.
04/24/2021 Category: Service
Kevin said great service at a great price, and staff did what they said they would on time.

AMELIA S.
Chrysler 200
04/20/2021
Accessible, thorough, advocate, honest
As we are new to the Alameda area, this was our first experience with Fred's Wrenchouse and we used the shop based on recommendations from the local community. We are very type A about our car maintenance and always have lots of questions to make sure we try & understand what the true issues are and then make sensible decisions around work that needs done. Fred & Barry were very patient with our questions, very thorough & informative with their analysis, and in our case, turned out to be an advocate. Through on-line research, they found that our 10 yr. old car might be still covered on an extended warranty program from the manufacturer. This is yet to be confirmed but we very much appreciated their efforts to research our unique engine issue and present their findings. Even going so far as to call a local dealer to discuss our situation and options. In this first experience with the Wrenchouse, two words, integrity & honesty.

LT