Subaru Forester (Natl)
02/27/2021
Had an unexpected fuel problem. I drove into the shop and they immediately fixed the problem. They care about their customers.
They are there to help you; and, their performance is A1.

JENNIFER C.
Ford C-Max Energi
02/26/2021
Fred and Barry are the nicest, most honest people ever!!!
I would give them 100%. I trust them so so so much!! They are the best!!! I am so glad they are in Alameda.

FB
FLOYD B.
INFINITI EX35
02/11/2021
Prompt, efficient and friendly service
Fred’s Wrench House is my go to place for auto repair

FF
FLAVIO F.
Mitsubishi Outlander
01/27/2021
Outstanding
I like the place, they're busy, they work relatively fast, can't complain about anything. Whatever promise made is fulfilled.

WS
Wing S.
01/27/2021 Category: Service
Wing said the business did a good job, were communicative, and honest about the service.

EL
EDWARD L.
01/15/2021
As Expected
Fred took care of my old tacoma and now takes care of the new one. Always reliable and reasonable.

MN
MAY N.
01/13/2021
Great Service!!
Was able to send my thru AAA and have it done by phone. When finished, Fred drove my car to pick me up then drove back to the shop so that I can pay for the repairs. The car is running real well. Thank you.

PY
PETER Y.
Oakland, CA
01/12/2021
Great Service!
Fred have help me twice on my two visits. Very down to earth and helpful to someone that don't know much about the mechanics of car. Very helpful answering my questions. Very good in giving estimate on cost of service before the service.

CA
CARTER A.
Berkeley, CA
01/03/2021
Steering Overhaul for my jeep
After years of thinking my jeep steering was just bad bc it was "pre power steering". Fred suggested that it was not safe to drive unless they installed all new steering components. Barry suggested front shocks as well. Well the jeep drives "night and day" better than it did before. Thanks again guys.

Matt C.
12/24/2020 Category: Service
Matt said they had great customer service and all the information given was methodical.

AC
Alex C.
California
Toyota Supra
12/17/2020 Category: Service
Alex said they really went above and beyond to get his vehicle back on the road. It is a very old vehicle and, after calling around to 5 or 6 businesses, this was the only one that was able to work on it. It was towed there, and they took care of everything.

MARIA S.
Berkeley, CA
Volkswagen Golf
12/12/2020
I Trust Them!!!
they listen to what you ask them to do & your concerns...
they do what they say they’re going to do...
and they do it exceedingly well!!!
I am grateful for their attention... knowledge ...experience and service!!!

WJ
WALLACE J.
Chevrolet Caprice
12/12/2020
Prompt service. Attention to detail.
Attention to detail.

DAVID P.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
12/10/2020
Great Communication & Great Service
Just had my car back to Fred's for a weird problem that needed diagnosing. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a text with details on my car's inspection, a description of the problem and an estimate. This new technology allowed me to review and approve the work without calling, maybe waiting on hold, etc. Really neat. Other than the tech, Fred's customer service is among the best for mechanics I've used. They are a great, local Alameda business - highly recommended!

TH
TOM H.
Volkswagen Tiguan
12/09/2020
Fast, & great work and good people too