Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5rating 4.2
Overall Rating 1.8/5rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8

Tony B.
11/07/2019
Car repair
The pros are Furgerson’s Garage is very professional, responses to request for information quickly and able to get repairs done quickly.

The cons are Limited hours of operation. No weekends close at 5 PM during the week ( not good for working people). The charges for repairs are very expensive, the same if not more than what it would cost to have the repair done at the dealer.
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 11/11/2019

Dear Tony,   Thank you very much for your recent visit to our facility! We appreciate your valuable feedback, and we use the information to refine our customer service practices. We just wanted to take a few moments to help explain our practices. We understand the need to make vehicle drop off and pick up convenient to our customers, so we offer 24 hour pick up and drop off of your vehicle. Additionally we provide complimentary ride services to suit our clients needs promptly. Regarding vehicle repair pricing, our research shows that we are generally priced 15%-50% lower than the local dealerships on most service and repairs. Regarding our hours, unfortunately due to heavy weekend tourism & scheduled events in Encinitas, none of the downtown repair shops are open on Saturday or Sunday. About our staff,  Furgerson’s Garage only employs experienced ASE Certified Master Technicians to provide the highest level of expertise during the maintenance and repair processes and we back our repairs with an industry leading 2 years or 24,000 miles. We respect our staff's desire to have family time on the weekends and wish to honor their needs as well as the clients needs.   We hope this provides additional insight into how we operate our family oriented business, and we do apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced during your visit. We are happy to hear that your vehicle was repaired properly the first time, and you felt that we were professional. We look forward to helping you with any of your automotive needs in the future. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions or comments.

TA
Tom A.
Del Mar, CA
10/28/2019 Category: Service
Tom said the business charged him $272 for a diagnostic, and they never figured out the problem but they still charged him. The other things the staff fixed were fine, but his vehicle was still not idling properly when he left.
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 11/01/2019

Hi Tom, As per our conversation the other day, we look forward to inspecting your vehicle for the idle issue you are having. Please give me a call when you want to bring it in, as I mentioned there will be no charge for the re-inspection.

GS
George S.
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
10/20/2019
service, courtesy, speed, and value
very professional, friendly, and rapid service!,
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 10/25/2019

Thanks George, We appreciate your review.

Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
08/31/2019
Not the usual service
I brought my car in on Tuesday, because the check engine light came on. It was on for a while and off again. Other than that, my car was running well before I brought it to your shop. You kept my car for 2 1/2 days for diagnostics and you could not give a definitive diagnosis of the problem. When I finally picked up my car, the low coolant light came on (flashing red temp light) after driving it for some distance. I called the service adviser to give him an update of this event. He advised me to tow it in the shop and not drive it at all. I let the car sit in my garage for a day. The next day, I checked the coolant reservoir and found it empty. I added coolant a few days before and was puzzled why it was empty. I added coolant into the reservoir today (Saturday) and test drove it for a few miles. The flashing red coolant light came on again. When I got home, I checked the reservoir and all the coolant I just put in had leaked out. Perhaps the hose was disconnected by the person working on the car in your shop and didn't reconnect it. This could have caused major damage to my car had it overheated. I paid $135 for the diagnostic and left your shop with my car worse than before, my reason for taking it in was not resolved. Now I have the disconnected, possibly damaged connection to the coolant reservoir to worry about...more issues for me to get fixed. I'm so sorry I took my poor car to your shop.
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 09/06/2019

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any issues that you have experienced with your 2004 Volkswagen Beetle since your visit to our facility. As always if there are any concerns with any work performed at Furgerson's Garage, we ask our customers to please return the vehicle to our facility as soon as possible to remedy the situation. The technician made every effort to effectively diagnose the Check Engine lamp concern that you initially brought it in for. We were able to extract the diagnostic trouble codes for the internal transmission solenoid valve fault, but the fault is intermittent in nature. Unfortunately, after numerous attempts, we were unable to duplicate any symptoms or capture any irregular data pertaining to the transmission systems. We stated that there were several pontential causes for this diagnostic trouble code and that they were likely internal components requiring major disassembly of the transmission and/or total replacement with a remanufactured transmission. All in all it would be premature to take action before symptoms were identifiable and positive test results were achieved. We are always careful to note down any existing conditions that would be potential issues, including cooling system problems and there were none at the time of our inspection. We would be happy to inspect the cooling system for faults and/or further the diagnostic inspection of the Transmission diagnostic trouble codes should the fault become less intermittent and diagnosable. Thank you, the staff at Furgerson's.

TC
Tom C.
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
08/17/2019
Great service! 150K service in a one day turnaround.
I really like the real time e-linked inspection report. I could review what was found with the issues I knew about. An in depth knowledge report.
Keep up the good work!
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 08/19/2019

As always, thank you Tom

Thomas S.
California
Nissan Sentra
05/07/2019 Category: Service
Thomas said Justin, the service writer, attended to his issue and Thomas said Justin was fantastic in resolving the issue to his satisfaction.

05/07/2019 Category: Service
Thomas said this is the worst business ever for service. The service advisor and the writer lied to him and were very unprofessional. They said his vehicle would be done at a certain time and he sat for an additional 45 minutes when his vehicle was actually done. They tried to oversell him a part and he will never do business or recommend them ever for the reasons already stated.
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 05/14/2019

Thomas, Thank you for coming back. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied and we hope that your experience was better and needs car's needs were met. Thanks again

01/17/2019
Very convenient
Convenient drop off and pickup options. Very courteous service and communicative and transparent
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 01/17/2019

Solana Beach, CA
10/20/2018
Totally a terrible experience
They said smog check would take up to 1 hour. Nope!!! Took over 3 hours. Then, Tom gave me the 'bad news' My smog test failed and my Vehicle was a 'gross polluter'!! And the next step was a $390 'test' before any work is performed. And Tom requested I keep my vehicle there for the weekend since 'they didn't have time' though it was still 10am and I was the first one there at 7am!!! Ridiculous!!! And after that , the real charges would occur ( a black hole possibly into the thousands) would occur. At this point I bailed !!! I said no way! I left after paying my $68 failed test fee. I went down the street ... got a quote of less than $300 to smog/fix my issue within 2 hour!! What a contrast!!! The other garage removed my carb , cleaned , and tuned it to pass the smog !!! Total of $333 including Smog!!! Tom/Ferguson's --- you need to be more honest and competent!!
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 10/23/2018

Tnank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that your smog took so long to complete. We try to be accurate with estimated our time frames but we badly misjudged the time needed to test your motorhome. We also try to be realistic when estimating the cost of diagnosis for failed smogs. It is difficult to calculate the complexity of a smog diagnosis/repair until the job is undertaken.  We are happy that the issues were resolved and that you are taken care of.

Joseph S.
Banning, CA
09/07/2018 Category: Service
Joseph said they took an hour for an oil change.
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 09/11/2018

Thank you Joseph for the 5 star review, we really appreciate that. We try our best to be prompt and if you were inconvenienced, we sincerely apologize. Thank you for your understanding

CR
Cristal R.
05/15/2018 Category: Service
Cristal said the catalyst was cracked, and the business did not tell her about it. She had a smog check, and they should have told her not to have the smog done until the catalyst was repaired. It was an unkindness on their part that they did not tell her. Also, the check engine light was on.
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 05/17/2018

Dear Cristal,
Thank you for your recent review of Furgerson’s Garage. Unfortunately your vehicle failed the smog check for two reasons: a severely cracked exhaust manifold next to the oxygen sensor (a
critical emissions component) and a cracked fuel cap seal. Both of your vehicle failures items were verified by two ASE Certified Master Technicians. The staff at Furgerson’s Garage takes the State of California Smog Check Program seriously, and we are happy to help do our part to keep our air quality at an acceptable level. As a State of California STAR Certified Smog Check Test and Repair Station we are held to the highest standards set forth by the Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau of Automotive Repair. By repairing and maintaining your vehicle you can help keep our air clean as well! We would like to assist you through the repair process as affordably as possible. Please give our Service Manager a call at your earliest convenience to schedule an appointment.

AL
Amelia L.
Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
02/16/2018
Just don’t understand
I did talked to Tom about my disappointments of the overall service. I took car to get an oil change. But ended getting a full report that many issues that my car had. Oil had not been done yet but a full report. It was a bit sketchy and I was upset. So Tom asked what was
The issue. I told him that I had taken the car in because the window in the back seat
Did not work. They told it was motors in each window for over $500 per window labor. $900 later
They said they could fix Theo Dow’s by locking the cables the windows would not open any more. I said okay. But then I realize a few
Days later that I could not roll my convertible top. I took the car to Vw dealer. They looked at it said motors were good but the cables were shot. They replaced cables and $400 later issues fix. So get how the full report sat ugly to me.

Jeannine M.
09/18/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Jim. He said that he thinks the business over charged him. He would not recommend them to people who wanted to save money.

KT
Kevin T.
06/20/2017
Bad service rep
Give me a call to discuss at 619-719-8790.

Kevin
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 06/21/2017

Thank you Kevin for bringing your concerns to my intention. We have performed corrective actions with the employee involved to ensure he exceeds customer expectations in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally with any possible issues in the future. Thanks again, Brad

EF
Eric F.
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
03/31/2017 Category: Service
Eric said the prices were obscene. They charged a lot for labor and did not explain the cost well.

SK
sue k.
Solana Beach, CA
01/26/2017
dissapointed customer
I came in to get my oil changed and a rear light checked. I had the part myself and asked if the garage mechanic could tell me if it was the right one or not. I was going to put it in myself. Instead he put it in and before I could stop him and then had the audacity to charge me $15! I said I was going to put it in if it was that simple and his reply was.."That's how we make our money!" Disgusting reply for a .2 second service I was going to do myself. I was standing right there!!
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 01/30/2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is not our intention to disregard a customer request and I'm not sure where the disconnect was when you were written up in October but we will definitely bring this to our mechanics/service writers attention so that situations like this are avoided in the future.

AV
Alain V.
Acura Integra
01/22/2017
Smog Check
Vehicle was brought with engine check light on. I spoke with a technician before starting the work and suggested to replace the O2 sensor before proceeding with the smog check. I was told that the best way of proceeding was to fail the test first, run a diagnostic to figure out why it failed and then replace the faulty part. Turned out that the faulty part was the O2 sensor...! So, the costs of passing the smog test ended up in the $500 while my initial suggestion would have costed about $150. Not happy....

RP
Rondi P.
Nissan Rogue
12/01/2016
Fast, Efficient and Reliable!
Furgerson's is fast with their services, efficient to get things done the first time and reliable. They have great customer service and they are always offering discounts!

Mac S.
Volkswagen Jetta
08/02/2016
Fast service
They found all the problems with the vehicle and told me about them. They recommended what to do and what could wait. Really do not like having to pay over $100 to just read trouble codes

RK
Robert K.
Acura TL
05/14/2016 Category: Service
Robert said he went to this business for a smog check. He would not recommend them because their prices are high. He has taken two or three vehicles to them over the years. They do what they say, charge what they say they will charge and do not try to up sell to him.

Louis B.
Chrysler Sebring
05/12/2016
The replacement of the headlight switch
I got ripped-off big time at Furgerson's! Tom Morrell, Service Manager, charged me $198.45 for the switch which I could have bought at Carquest Auto parts for $44.99! CARQUEST by BWD Combination Switch Part No. S2317 • Exact Fit for your 2005 Chrysler Sebring. LIMITED LIFETIME REPLACEMENT $44.99. The "highly skilled" mechanics would not allow me near my car as they performed a 40 minute labor on the removal and replacement of the switch. Parts and labor total cost was $351.13!! A terrible rip-off!! Louis Bajkai
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 05/16/2016

Headlamp switch replacement

Mr Bajkai called us prior to his visit to our facility to request a price quote on replacing the headlamp switch(part of the combination switch assembly) on his 2005 Chrysler Sebring. During this inital phone conversation, Mr Bajkai was given a complete quotation for parts and labor to have the combination/headlamp switch replaced with a genuine original equipment switch. We also gave Mr. Bajkai the part number of the switch we would be replacing if he wanted to shop around before he brought his vehicle in to our shop.  We advised Mr Bajkai that Furgerson's Garage only uses original equipment parts for this type of job due to the requirements of our 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. We advised that the use of lesser quailty aftermarket part did not meet our quality standards, and would not be installed by us . Mr Bajkai seemed to understand this need for quality and made an appointment for service for the next day. When Mr Bajkai arrived, he told us that his low beam headlights were inoperative and that several shops had looked at his vehicle but he was still unclear what repair was necessary. We advised Mr Bajkai that the correct repair would require diagnosis, which he agreed to purchase for the cost of $102.60. Mr Bajkai requested that the diagnosis be included in the final repair bill of $351.13 if the problem turned out to be the headlamp switch. Mr Bajakai agreed to this price before any work was performed. The diagnosis was performed, and we confirmed it did have a faulty combination switch. The repair was performed and completed with success for the exact price agreed upon. Upon completion Mr Bajkai seemed content with the results,price, and thanked us for the service. The ASE Certified Master Technician as a professional courtesy did request that the customer give him enough work space to properly diagnose and repair the vehicle, which Mr Bajkai was agreeable with at the time also. In conclusion, Furgerson's Garage always strives to deliver the highest quality repairs & customer service at a reasonable price.

Sincerely,