Ben B.
Subaru Impreza Sedan
03/31/2019
Thanks Rick!
I appreciate Rick reaching out to me to resolve my complaint. He issued me a partial refund which brought the service cost in line with my expectations. Many thanks. I will be sure to get an estimate of all work to be done in the future to avoid surprises when it comes time to pay.

03/31/2019
Air filter upsell is a rip-off
I think the customer service and the quality of the work done was very good, but the prices are way too high. I had taken my car in for an oil change, and got a call in the middle of the day suggesting I get my engine and cabin air filters replaced, which I agreed to because it had been a while. However, after seeing the bill, I realized they dramatically marked up the parts (over double the cost of the exact parts from NAPA) and labor costs ($54) of the air filter work. I can easily do that kind of work myself, and would have had I known they charge such ridiculous prices for it. Now I don't think I can trust this shop. There are several other good repair shops in the area so I won't be back.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 04/03/2019

Ben
Thanks for taking my call 4/2 @ 11:56 am. We reached an agreeable refund amount.
I hope you are more satisfied with your overall service experience at Genins

Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 04/08/2019

Ben
If you do not mind I am sendinf a 'Rescore' survey.
If you feel you can now Score Genin's with a 4 out 5 positive please rescore it.
If not just discard the survey.

Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 04/15/2019

Mike M.
01/30/2019
good follow up service by owner
Had a few concerns about length of time it took to get a tire repaired. Owner was prompt in following up on my concerns, and hopefully discussed improving the somewhat lacking communication I received in the shop with his staff.

01/30/2019
Long wait for a tire check
Even though I purchased my set of tires at Genin's, and even though I made an appointment a day before dropping in, I found the wait to check a tire's slow leak a bit ridiculous. I was at a nearby coffeeshop almost two and a half hours for the tire plug/remounting.

When I got the text that the car was ready, and went in to pay the bill, I asked what problems they found with the tire. The person working said "I don't know. They didn't tell me. That'll be $40." Not exactly friendly customer service...I will probably take my car to the dealer next time, and buy my tires elsewhere.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 01/31/2019

Mike
I appreciate your taking the time to let me know your thoughts.
I apologize for the inconvenience. We realize the value of eveyone's time. Winter tire repairs require the tire and rim to warm up.
I understand you are dissatified but the repair completed properly is the goal. How much time it takes varies.

Debaditya (Dave) C.
01/27/2019
Updating review based on response
This is an improved review as I am impressed by the response from the president of Genin's autocare to my previous review. This is a person who takes feedback seriously and engage his customers.
I admit I was being flippant about the cost of a synthetic oil change. While $100 is on the pricier side for this, it is not outrageously overpriced, and possibly justified given the reputation and location of the establishment.
I am still skeptical about the justification of the "recommended service" fiasco. However, I will let it go and hope such incidents are avoided in future.

01/27/2019
Felt like they attempted to rip me off
Went for an oil change. I was charged $100 which seemed on the higher side for something so trivial, but I decided to give them the benefit of doubt as I was told that the oil is pretty expensive (this costs $40 at a Toyota service center but I decided to get it done here anyway as the weather was bad). After the service, they said that a complimentary inspection has been performed and that I need to change my air filter and license plate bulbs. This is clear bullshit as I got those done from Genin's about 5 weeks back (the person. I am disappointed at this behavior as this was an honest mistake (which calls into question the mechanic's competence) or an attempt to rip me off. Either way, you have lost a customer who takes loyalty seriously.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 02/01/2019

Hi Dave
Thank you for taking the time to do a review.
More so "Thanks" for taking my call yesterday. I understand the $100 charge seemed high at the time but know you know that was for synthetic motor oil, it's is more costly. You also know 'Toyota' will not do synthetic for $40.00.
We also went over that the "Recommended Service" still on the Invoice was simply human error, as by oversite, it was not removed, thus making it look as if it was being recommended a second time.
I would apprecaite your taking the time to re-review our service.
We are very proud of the service we provide. And our long standing reputation.

07/20/2019
Love it
Genins is the cat’s meow

EW
Ed W.
07/18/2019
High quality operation
Outstanding service and customer focus.

CG
Cameron G.
07/17/2019
Great experience
Excellent experience, Keri sent a text with a link to the inspection that included photos of what they were talking about. She gave me a call and walked me through what was going on and also sent the complete line item quote for the work. Very honest shop, will bring my vehicle back. Excellent customer experience.

DI
Denny I.
Sun Prairie, WI
Hyundai Elantra Touring
07/14/2019
Peachy keen.
Very satisfied with the tires that were suggested.

Denny

James K.
Ram 1500
07/12/2019
Great tire service
I knew they were booked but they were able to squeeze in the tire repair in-between appts while I hung out at a nearby restaurant. Extremely nice people to work with and I was very pleased to be helped out on a random breakdown.

James

Dan C.
Barneveld, WI
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Dan said he had a good experience.

Dan

07/09/2019
Great people and service
Great quality service from people who care

LT
Leslie and John T.
Audi Q5
06/30/2019
Thank you!
Trustworthy, Knowledgeable, Efficient, Accommodating, Valuable, Earnest, Relentless, Like family

Leslie and John

Subaru Outback (Natl)
06/26/2019
Never a let letdown
Never any problem with major or minor repairs. Kept my Subarus safe for 7 years. Dog friendly. People friendly too.

Rick

AF
Ariel F.
06/23/2019
Quality service
My ABS light came on on my 2015 Ford Fusion. Of course, this happened after my warranty expired. My family has used Randy and Genins’s for service for over 20 years. I called late in the afternoon and spoke with Mari Jo, the service manager.Yeah! A female service manager.She said to bring the car in early the next day (Friday). I took the car in at 8:30. Based on what friends had said and the Internet, I expected the car would be out of service over the weekend and be a costly repair. By 11, I had a call from Mari Jo indicating what was wrong and an estimate on repair cost. To my delight, the repair cost was much lower than I had expected. At 3:00, I received a call that the Fusion was ready to be picked up. That was great that it could be repaired and picked up on the same day it was taken in. Thank you Genins!

Ariel

Lexus IS 250
06/21/2019
Brakes
Lots of communication via text and phone call so I knew exactly what was going on with my car. They also tried to get the work done as quickly as possible. I will go back in the future.

Middleton, WI
Honda Civic Cpe
06/20/2019
Extremely professional
For better or worse, there is an enforced distance between the customer and the mechanics.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 06/21/2019

Thank so much for accepting my call today. It was a great conversation. I appreciate your willingness to allow me to explain how/ why we operate as we do.
We greatly appreciate your business.
We will see you again.

Again Thank you

Rick

David S.
Spring Green, WI
Scion xA
06/18/2019
Prompt and Friendly Service
I’ve had my car repaired twice now at Genins, and they’re already my “go to” for car repairs. The service is prompt, thorough, and friendly. I recommend Genins highly.

David

LH
Lynn H.
Cambridge, WI
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
06/16/2019
Exceptional employees
Everyone that I met were so professional and friendly. I feel they did not over charge me for the service I was having with my car.
I was even given a loaner car to use for a couple of days while they serviced my car.
I would definitely take my car back there for any work that might need doing. Thank you, Genin.

Lynn

Cynthia M.
Honda Fit
06/14/2019
excellent service I can trust
Friendly, clean, service I can trust,

Cynthia

PG
Peggy G.
06/11/2019
Neighborhood service with care.
Genin's Auto Care is a family-owned business which provides efficient, knowledgable, professional and friendly service.
I appreciate that both woman and men work together as a team. They all will answer your questions in a timely manner
and provide excellent care to any care that you own. Peggy G

Peggy

EL
Ed and Pat L.
06/08/2019
Expert service
Personal and prompt care with the feeling of confidence the job is done professionally

Ed and Pat