Ben B.
Subaru Impreza Sedan
04/08/2019
Thanks Rick!
I appreciate Rick reaching out to me to resolve my complaint. He issued me a partial refund which brought the service cost in line with my expectations. Many thanks. I will be sure to get an estimate of all work to be done in the future to avoid surprises when it comes time to pay.

03/31/2019
Air filter upsell is a rip-off
I think the customer service and the quality of the work done was very good, but the prices are way too high. I had taken my car in for an oil change, and got a call in the middle of the day suggesting I get my engine and cabin air filters replaced, which I agreed to because it had been a while. However, after seeing the bill, I realized they dramatically marked up the parts (over double the cost of the exact parts from NAPA) and labor costs ($54) of the air filter work. I can easily do that kind of work myself, and would have had I known they charge such ridiculous prices for it. Now I don't think I can trust this shop. There are several other good repair shops in the area so I won't be back.
Rick G., President from Genin's Autocare responded on 04/03/2019

Ben
Thanks for taking my call 4/2 @ 11:56 am. We reached an agreeable refund amount.
I hope you are more satisfied with your overall service experience at Genins

Rick G., President from Genin's Autocare responded on 04/08/2019

Ben
If you do not mind I am sendinf a 'Rescore' survey.
If you feel you can now Score Genin's with a 4 out 5 positive please rescore it.
If not just discard the survey.

Rick G., President from Genin's Autocare responded on 04/15/2019

Mike M.
02/01/2019
good follow up service by owner
Had a few concerns about length of time it took to get a tire repaired. Owner was prompt in following up on my concerns, and hopefully discussed improving the somewhat lacking communication I received in the shop with his staff.

01/30/2019
Long wait for a tire check
Even though I purchased my set of tires at Genin's, and even though I made an appointment a day before dropping in, I found the wait to check a tire's slow leak a bit ridiculous. I was at a nearby coffeeshop almost two and a half hours for the tire plug/remounting.

When I got the text that the car was ready, and went in to pay the bill, I asked what problems they found with the tire. The person working said "I don't know. They didn't tell me. That'll be $40." Not exactly friendly customer service...I will probably take my car to the dealer next time, and buy my tires elsewhere.
Rick G., President from Genin's Autocare responded on 01/31/2019

Mike
I appreciate your taking the time to let me know your thoughts.
I apologize for the inconvenience. We realize the value of eveyone's time. Winter tire repairs require the tire and rim to warm up.
I understand you are dissatified but the repair completed properly is the goal. How much time it takes varies.

Debaditya (Dave) C.
02/11/2019
Updating review based on response
This is an improved review as I am impressed by the response from the president of Genin's autocare to my previous review. This is a person who takes feedback seriously and engage his customers.
I admit I was being flippant about the cost of a synthetic oil change. While $100 is on the pricier side for this, it is not outrageously overpriced, and possibly justified given the reputation and location of the establishment.
I am still skeptical about the justification of the "recommended service" fiasco. However, I will let it go and hope such incidents are avoided in future.

01/27/2019
Felt like they attempted to rip me off
Went for an oil change. I was charged $100 which seemed on the higher side for something so trivial, but I decided to give them the benefit of doubt as I was told that the oil is pretty expensive (this costs $40 at a Toyota service center but I decided to get it done here anyway as the weather was bad). After the service, they said that a complimentary inspection has been performed and that I need to change my air filter and license plate bulbs. This is clear bullshit as I got those done from Genin's about 5 weeks back (the person. I am disappointed at this behavior as this was an honest mistake (which calls into question the mechanic's competence) or an attempt to rip me off. Either way, you have lost a customer who takes loyalty seriously.
Rick G., President from Genin's Autocare responded on 02/01/2019

Hi Dave
Thank you for taking the time to do a review.
More so "Thanks" for taking my call yesterday. I understand the $100 charge seemed high at the time but know you know that was for synthetic motor oil, it's is more costly. You also know 'Toyota' will not do synthetic for $40.00.
We also went over that the "Recommended Service" still on the Invoice was simply human error, as by oversite, it was not removed, thus making it look as if it was being recommended a second time.
I would apprecaite your taking the time to re-review our service.
We are very proud of the service we provide. And our long standing reputation.
We appreciate your business.

Cathleen C.
Honda Fit
04/11/2021
They do what you ask
After only being driven 100 miles in the last two years, I knew my car needed attention. I asked for it to be back to optimal function. Now I have new tires, fresh fluids, replaced belts that were cracked and confidence when I drive it. I was contacted during the process and given the opportunity to put some things on the “keep an eye on it” list. Always can count on Genins for professional and friendly service.

TW
Tommy W.
Schofield, WI
Chevrolet Avalanche
04/09/2021
The best customer service experience ever
I am not from Madison . I am from 3 hours north. I have been here for 7 months with my son he is 2 and is in need of a kidney transplant. The last thing I needed was car trouble. After calling around I called genin's they got me in right away gave me a loaner car and call with a great estimate. And after all was said and done applied discounts . All in the same day thank you and your team 🙏 for being there in these troubled time genin's .

WB
William B.
Subaru Legacy
04/08/2021
Prompt, excellent service
Prompt and efficient service on tire maintenance covered by manufacturer warranty.

Honda Civic Si
04/08/2021
Prompt and Effective
Genin's switched over the seasonal tires and wheels on my car.
The job was done quickly, and the price was OK with me.
They have done work on another vehicle with the same result.

David S.
04/07/2021
I always have gotten great and friendly service at an affordable price.

Beaver Dam, WI
04/02/2021
No appointment. Short notice service. Timely.
I needed service done and they were able to accommodate. Friendly staff, and what they said they were going to do, they did. Prices were acceptable and accurate. Highly recommended. I plan to be back!
Thanks!

Oldsmobile Bravada
03/30/2021
Shouldn't do entire car eval for 100 if u don't want one
I was disappointed. I wanted an est to fix 1 thing and couldn't with out 100 dollar eval on entire car which I already knew. Some of the info was not accurate.

03/20/2021
Keri Jo was wonderful. She took time to explain the work that was done on our car and addressed our questions about repair options.

SP
Suzanne P.
03/20/2021
Terrible service
I am a new Madison resident, I work near this garage. I thought it would be a simple thing to get an oil change. I made an appointment and dropped off my car in the morning, signed a work order for 28 dollars and change. Called at 1:30 to see if it was ready, it was not. Called again at 4:45 because they close at 5pm, the CSR said she was leaving and they needed to keep my car overnight, "the oil change is done but we aren't done with all the other stuff". I went over immediately and got my car, the oil change was $94 and change. "Why are you so mad?" she asked. Never again.

Suzanne
Appreciate your taking the time to reply to our Reveiw.
I apologize we do not meet your expectations.
We wish you better service in the future.

Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
03/19/2021
Best mechanics in Madison!!!!!
The gals and guys at Genin’s are competent, courteous and professional!!!!

Sheila

03/17/2021
Very friendly and helpful
The crew at Genin’s was responsive and worked to fit me into their busy schedule. I trust their reputation to give me honest reliable service.

Jane B.
Honda Civic Cpe
03/17/2021
Friendly and efficient
I recently moved into the city and wondered where to take my car. I went to Genin’s and while my repair wasn’t a big one, I was impressed with their friendliness and professionalism, as well as good value for the work done. I’ve happily found my new garage.

Jane