Waunakee, WI
Pontiac G6
08/03/2020
They charged me 8 hours time to look at my car. Did zero work.
They charged me 8 hours of work to simply look at my car. I don’t believe it was even in their garage; they looked at it from the parking lot.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 08/10/2020

We appreciate your taking the time to give your review.
Something must have gone wrong as we did not charge 8 hours on Invoice # 170443.
The total invoice was $213.37 and was completed on August 3, 2020.
Please remove your vehicle at your earliest convenince.
If we can be of any futher assistance please let me know, Rick 608-444-0509

John G.
Mercury Mountaineer
06/09/2020
Unscrupulous Car Repair
Brought the car in for a new serpentine belt. Genin’s broke the bolt into the engine block for the harmonic balancer and took no responsibility. Blamed everyone else. Charged me a fortune to tow my car away!
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 06/10/2020

John
I appreciate your taking the time to write a Review on the Service & Repair you received at Genin's. While we all understand things do not always work out they way we would prefer,I thought you would have appreciated the time and efforts.  Over 10 days working with the folks that sold you the vehicle and the Aftermarket Warranty Company involved, as well the use of our Loaner vehicle 10 days No Charge.
I wish you more success with your next Service Provider.

03/07/2020
Charged me $150 & nothing wrong with my car
Took my car in because check engine light was flashing. Ran a computer diagnostic, drove it around the block and charged me a lot of money
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 03/10/2020

Appreciate your taking the time to respong.

Dylan L.
08/09/2019
Visit
After I got a new battery started my car ac did not work nor did the interior lights in my car and my radio didnt turn on at all I have no idea what was wrong with it nor did they fix it..
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 08/19/2019

Dylan
I called we did discuss your concerns.
Our hands are tied without athoriazation to continue service and repairs.

Sun Prairie, WI
12/07/2018
Awful Diagnostic
The diagnostic run on my car was absolutely false, and I feel as though I avoided a major scam. The technician said I had bad dry rot on all 4 tires and only needed my left front bearing redone. After taking it elsewhere, I found out that my tires were in fine shape and that not one but both front bearings needed to be done. In addition, the original quote for the one front bearing and tires was ludicrously high compared to other places. I will never go here again and I’ll be sure to tell people to do so as well.

Kathryn S.
Honda Civic Sdn
03/05/2018
Scam- Please do not go here.
I took my car here and made it very clear all I wanted done was to screw my engine splash guard back up and they said no problem. When I dropped it off the girl wrote an estimate for $50 and I told her I would not spend that much to get it bolted back up and she said they put that down for everyone. They called me and said they could not screw it back up and it needed to be replaced with an estimate of $418. I informed them not to do anything with the car. When I went to pick it up they had a bill for $60 for labor and parts. When I asked the guy at the counter he could not tell me why it was $60 and got someone else. When I asked that lady she explained in detail what was wrong with my car but could not tell me exactly why I owed $60. After asking 6 to 10 times I finally was told it was for diagnostics testing, which I did not ask for or do I think they actually did because I know I have codes issues that would pop up. She then went on the tell me its for the 20 minutes the mechanic looked at it and then gave me a guilt treatment about how you guys have to pay your mechanics. Doing the math your mechanics must get paid really well if they charge $60 for every 20 minutes because that adds up to $180 an hour and I was also charged $5 for parts, which they told me they did not do anything...so I don't know where the parts comes into play. She also told me I would have to get a whole kit because they do not sell the part separately. Finally they said they would look for a used part and let me know if they find one. They said if they didn't that I could settle my bill over the phone. Four days later, I got a text 4 days later saying they never found the part.

I personally found the part for $10 on the internet and a whole kit for $60 so either they really didn't look that hard or they were going to charge me 3 times the price and make me pay a large amount for labor because she explained to me with 2 guys it takes 15 minutes to replace. When I explained this to the guy on the phone he dropped the price from $60 to $30 saying it was for diagnostics test (like I said earlier I know they did not do or did I ask for it). I explained to this guy what I wrote in here and stated that I would not be paying him $30, the most I would pay for this awful situation is $10. I have a feeling they dropped the price because I knew they were scamming me. I even spoke to a lawyer friend who told me I am not responsible to pay for any services I did not ask for and I refuse to pay this absurd cost to a place that even told me that they did not do what I asked. I rarely post reviews by I was told by many I should let people know in case they scam other people. I would not recommend this place to anyone. The only good part of this experience was that the staff was nice when they were explaining to me that they are charging me for not fixing my car.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 03/06/2018

Kathryn
I apologize for all the difficulty you experienced here. A full refund will be in the mail today. If you are not satified with our service I certainly do not want or deserve your payment.
This definitely is not the norm here at Genin's. The proof is in our 95.8%  RECOMMENDATION RATE.
Thank you for taking the time to send your review. It we be discussed with staff at our next Shop service meeting.

Andrew S.
11/04/2017
Charged $200 for (?) safety check that I didn't ask for
I brought my car in to have the gas tank/lines looked at. I called on the phone and told the lady I was speaking to that my car has been leaking gas and I wanted to bring it in to have it looked at. I dropped my car off at roughly 11am on Wednesday 11/1/17. She told me she would give me a text or a call sometime later in the day before any work was done on my car (which gave me the impression I would not be charged until I was given notice of the work to be done.) I didn't receive a call that day, I received a call late (~4pm) Thursday telling me (in more words) that my car was not worth the repairs to the gas tank, and they had taken a look and the leak was in the gas tank itself. She also mentioned that they had done a "general safety inspection", but made NO mention that I would have been charged additionally for this service. I was frustrated at the time of transaction, however I was not going to argue with the front desk clerk about the charges as he most likely was not involved in these charges. So, I decided to wait and give a call to discuss the matter with a manager, however they are not staffed on the weekends. I plan to call in Monday to discuss the matter.

In fewer words, I'm very frustrated by the fact I brought my car in stating specifically I wanted the gas tank and/or lines looked at to determine where the leak was coming from. While that service was done, there was also the additional service of: checking my trans fluid, checking my belts, checking "exhaust from cat to rear of vehicle", checking my battery, checking my coolant, as well as a $109.99 "General Safety Inspection/Buyers Inspection" (which I did not request). This inspection consisted of "checking all fluids, tire wear and condition, checking front end parts, brakes, under car visual and operation of basic lights and instruments. Check tire pressure." I'm very frustrated that I was charged $110 for services that anyone with basic car knowledge could perform, ESPECIALLY when I didn't request this service be performed.

On a slightly unrelated note, I was charged $13.75 for "Parts", when no work was done to my vehicle. When I asked what these parts consisted of, as I had no work done to my car, the response was "anything from the soap to wash our hands to the gloves we wear while we work.". The fact I was charged nearly $14 for gloves and soap for A SINGLE day of my vehicle being in the shop is a bit ridiculous. To my eyes, it seems that the employees may need to focus on not being so wasteful if they're using $14/day/vehicle of supplies that's in the shop BEFORE any work is being done.

All in all, I plan to discuss this with the service manager at the store on Monday and request a refund of the "General Safety Inspection/Buyers Inspection" as I was given no notice that this service would be performed, I was given no opportunity to request this service be not performed. I will gladly pay the $61.86 for "ck fuel leak??..." section, as this was (more or less) the work I requested be done, and even the (seemingly high) $13.75 for parts. But I would very much appreciate the $109.99 refunded to my account, as to be quite frank, I feel as if I've been stolen from in this service check.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 11/05/2017

Good morning Andrew
I appreciate your taking the time to give us your opinion of your service experience at Genin's Autocare.
In your review you have stated you would like to "request at refund" please contact me. And let me know the exact dollar of refund you would like to resolve this miscommunication.
Text, call or email the dollar amount, my contact information is below.
Please also confirm your mail address is correct on your Invoice as any refunds are made by business check.

608-444-0509
busymo@aol.com

John M.
Schaumburg, IL
03/15/2017 Category: Service
John said he took his vehicle into the business to get a brake check performed on his vehicle. He said he feels they overcharged him for a brake check. Due to this he would not recommend the business for service.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 03/17/2017

John
I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
The cost cost of your 4 wheel brake inspection was $49.99 and is totally refundedable within 30 days if the needed brake repairs are complete at Genin's.

Lindsay M.
10/10/2016
Never again.
Did not want to honor my warranty, and why a part broke in 16 months that lasted 10 years the first time I'll never know. Took apart my car before I could approve the repairs. Prices for repairs are 40% higher than another shop quoted me for the same thing. Had to watch every move and make sure they weren't charging me for things (again) that were under warranty from the first time.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 10/11/2016

Lindsay
First and foremost Thank You for taking the time to write us a review. We all live busy, fast paced lives so your willingness to give us your opinion is greatly appreciated.
It is a very interesting review which we will discuss at our next employee meeting.
My first comment would be to your statement “Did not want to honor my warranty” I am the owner of Genin’s, the morning you dropped your vehicle for repairs, I could not find the first repair in the system because you omitted to tell me that that repair was under the last name Hastings Inv # 154503.
As stated on your Invoice # 160231 CATALYTIC CONVERTER remove & replace $0.00
Followed by the line that states - Labor for Converter is covered under warranty/24 mos/24K miles dated from original repair date of 12/18/2014.
The services and repairs preformed on your vehicle at a cost of $306.79 were only the repairs authorized by you.
You never mentioned the Loaner vehicle made available to you, Free of Charge.

This is an inaccurate review of my Staff's and my business's efforts in your vehicle repair.

Owner
608-444-0509

EL
Eric L.
Middleton, WI
Mercury Sable
06/03/2016
Expensive, poor service
Way over priced, rude about having your car there (must be moved in less than 24 hours). Will not return. Do not recommend.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 06/06/2016

Thanks Eric
You are correct we still have not figured out how to service those unwilling to make proper vehicle repairs.

IS
Isabela S.
04/18/2016
still not fixed
I had to go back to the shop because the car wasn't repair properly the first time, was't charged for that but my car is still not fixed, i would say that with every visit I had more and more problems; i do not recommend this particular shop

TK
Thaddeus K.
Morrisonville, WI
Pontiac Firebird
09/07/2020
High prices and incomplete service.
The only good part was I was able to get in when I wasn't my schedule time slot.

AF
Anthony F.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
08/27/2020
Did not meet expectations
Overall feeling like the customer service was lacking, especially from the lady with the teal blue hair. Was told my truck would be looked at and possibly repaired same day but by 3 o’clock in the afternoon I have not been contacted. I don’t mind if service takes longer, but it would be nice for someone to offer a realistic expectations and follow through on offers made. Simple phone call to explain the situation would have made me feel much better. Did my truck get fixed? Yes. Do I feel great about the $700 I spent? Not really. Would I recommend the shop to a friend? Doubtful. Plenty of options out there.

Chevrolet Cruze
11/04/2019
Fast and Convenient,Not Returning
Pro’s:

1) I called in the AM with a few issues, and Genins was able to get my car in right away, and done by that evening (four new tires, an oil change, and a replacement windshield wiper linkage that broke)

2) Very convenient location (I work very close, can drop my car off and walk to work/walk back when done)

Cons:

1) Aggressive sales approach to communicating vehicle issues/estimates. I’ve spent a lot of $$ on repairs and Genins - car repairs are often pricey, but as a non-vehicle-repair-expert, I want to walk away from a mechanic feeling taken care of and comfortable, and I did not feel that way with the last $1,000+ repair I had at here. I felt rushed and pushed into the sale.

2) Communication between employees and customer service was very poor during my last experience here. I shared with the employee I worked with that I had a 530pm appointment, and as long as my car was done by 5p I’d be good (this was much earlier in the day). Arrived at 5p to pick up my car, and waited until almost 520pm, with two employees standing right at the register. When I finally asked how long it would be for my car, it turns out it had been ready for some time and the payment paperwork was right in front of them. I missed my 5:30pm appointment for no reason and lost out on money that I paid for said appointment.

Even though my employer is within walking distance, I will no longer be going to Genins or referring friends/family there. Paying for convenience is not worth having an overall negative experience.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 11/21/2019

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. This is not the norm here.
Seems we got caught with our pants happens to all sometime.
I made multiple attempts to contact for an option to take the sting out of this poor service experience.
We wish you the best.
And hope your next Service Center provides the service you expect.

Again Thank you

EB
Ed B.
08/24/2019
Non-existent communication
10am “appointment” for an oil change, and my car was still untouched at 2pm, when I was told it would be ready, or close. Finally got it back at 4. But the reason I will be hesitant to return is that I received NO communication about the delay — no call, no text, nothing. Disappointing that I’ll have to go elsewhere next time since Genins is so convenient, and I’m a strong believer in supporting local businesses.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 09/09/2019

Ed
Appreciate your calling me back.
We will working on prividing your better service in the future.
Again Thank you!