CR
Chris R.
Lewiston, MN
03/11/2019
Brake line
It is nice to know that Gordie's of Winona Minnesota price gouges their customers. They had to replace my right front brake caliper and charged me $150 for the caliper. I called the place they said they got it from and it was $69.95 for the caliper that they needed. I will not be coming back.!!! What a crock!

DJ
Dave J.
Minnesota City, MN
Ram 1500
02/23/2019 Category: Service
Dave said service was awesome at this business.

AR
Al R.
East Troy, WI
02/20/2019 Category: Service
Al said he would recommend the business for service.

DA
Dustin A.
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Dustin said the service was quick and simple. The business was able to get his vehicle in sooner than anticipated and they have always been good to him.

LC
Leslie C.
Traverse City, MI
02/12/2019
Tow & car Service
Thank you Gordie's and thank you Jack. Great customer service all around. Honest, friendly and very helpful. Im in Michigan and my daughter is at college in Winona. They came out with in 10 mins and had her car started and saved us a tow. Thank you again from a mom far away! (less worry for me)You guys are great!
Jeff P., Owner from Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 02/13/2019

Hi Leslie. Thanks for taking time to share your experience with us. I'm glad we could help your daughter quickly. Being a college Dad myself, I understand how it feels to have a child in need of help when you're not nearby.
Feel free to call me anytime we can help in the future.

Best Regards,

JEANNE C.
Chevrolet Classic
02/10/2019
Car Service
My fuel pump gave up the ghost just a couple of days after our siege of brutally cold weather.
The tow truck from Gordies arrived in 5 minutes flat, which was unexpectedly fast. Their facility was
full of cars to repair due to the recent weather, so I was advised that my car would probably not be ready until sometime Tuesday, which I said was fine with me, but it was done on Monday! Who can top great service like that?
Jeff P., Owner from Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 02/11/2019

Hi Jeanne. I appreciate your taking time to share your experience and the kind words. We've got a great staff here who strive to get our customers back on the road quickly. Glad we could give you a pleasant surprise.
Thanks for your business!

KC
Katie C.
Nissan Murano
02/07/2019 Category: Service
Katie said that the place was fast, good and friendly.

J F.
02/01/2019
Was aan old 14 year faithful customer until today: Botched Oil Change- Forgot to drain old oil before adding new almost setting my car on fire. They were very disrespectful
I have been taking my 3 family cars (mine, kid and wife's) for them for 14 years. They know my name. I went there with my brand new car to do the 6000 mile oil change. Turns out they forgot to drain the old oil and put the new in so the car had double the amount of oil: 2000 thousand miles later, thick smoke comes from under the hood. The pressure from all that oil had knocked off the oil filter and lots of oil was splashin all over my engine. Stopped at first mechanic who found the problem. Told me I was very lucky t this happened in town and in winter, or my brand new car could have bursted into flames. (I had in fact driven to Kansas during winter break, so lucky indeed) Went back to let them know, with full intention of not making a big deal since everybody makes mistakes and I had been taking my cars to them for 14 years and I considered them MY mechanics. I was expecting just an "I' am sorry" this happened and a free oil change since the previous one was good for only 1000 miles and almost destroyed my car. The mechanic there offered just to get rid of the excess oil and , although disappointed, I agreed so I can drive the car back home... then comes one of the old timers that know me... With relief, I explain the case to him and he, surprisingly, starts saying things, like "I do no't know, I do not know the answer to that, that is what you say etc, treating me like I was trying to scam them or something. . I was really disappointed and a little bit hurt, to be honest. So I took my car home and on the way saw Dahls Toyota Service... I took it in and they did a deep diagnosys of my engine and changed the oil and filter (turns out Gordies had put 5 20w synthetic instead of the 0 20 synthetic , which is not bad but not the best for my engine) They saw me so stressed about the status of my car that they also rotated my tires for free and gave me a complimentary car wash.In a nutshell: So long Gordie's, and Dahl Toyota, you got my business from now on
Jeff P., Owner from Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 02/02/2019

I have to start by saying just how sorry I am about all this. I sincerely am and I had no idea any of this had happened. Yesterday was the sixth consecutive day of absolute craziness at Gordie's due to the cold. I went home at 11:00 pm Thursday night and last night too, just to give you an idea. That being said, it may be no excuse, but I was totally overwhelmed when you stopped by yesterday. Looking back, I wasn't a good listener. I did not mean to be disrespectful or uncaring. I didn't understand your question about the oil and was so frazzled and pressured about the business at hand at the time that I didn't take the time to ask the questions needed to give you a better understand your question and understand what all had happened. Sometimes we use a synthetic 0W20 in place of 5W20 because it covers the specs and I thought that might have been the case in your situation. Your demeanor was so calm that I totally misread the severity of the issue. I didn't catch on to you saying anything about the oil being overfilled, etc. Again, poor listening on my part.
I strive to do my best to serve our customers and I fell miserably short in how I handled you and your situation yesterday. Again, I am so sorry.
I'd like to speak with you on Monday, if you'd be available for a call. Even if you choose to not do business with us in the future, I want you to be heard and know that you're valued. Is there a good time to call you?

Sincerely,

JEANNE C.
Chevrolet Classic
01/10/2019
Car Service
Fast, Efficient, Honest and Friendly.
Jeff P., Owner from Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 01/10/2019

Hi Jeanne. Thank you for taking time to share your experience from your visit yesterday. However, I see you rated us as just one star. Perhaps this was a mistake? If so, would you please revise your rating?We appreciate your chherful smile and business! Thanks!Jeff Peterson, Owner

DEB S.
Altura, MN
Saturn Aura
12/26/2018
Efficient and friendly generally speaking.
Prices are always reasonable and I know everything gets checked over in case there's anything wrong that I need to be aware of. Nice to know.

AP
Anne P.
12/18/2018 Category: Service
Anne said the business is prompt and does good work.

GW
Glen W.
Hudson, WI
12/14/2018
Good communication on 2006 Subaru Outback
Called to pay bill on grandaughters car and had a good conversation on what the problem was and what they all put in to correct it. Satisfaction came for the clear explanation of why the parts replaced , the parts used, and the warranty for them.

Will definitely use again when needed.

Cole S.
Scion tC
12/13/2018 Category: Service
Cole said the employee provided good service.

Christine H.
Ford Expedition
12/12/2018 Category: Service
Christine said the staff has always been there for her.

Roger S.
Mondovi, WI
Buick Park Avenue
12/11/2018 Category: Service
Roger said the staff at this business did a really good job, and the prices were reasonable.