Overall Rating 4.6923077/5Overall Rating 4.6923077/5Overall Rating 4.6923077/5Overall Rating 4.6923077/5rating 4.6923077
Overall Rating 2.53846/5Overall Rating 2.53846/5rating 2.53846rating 2.53846rating 2.53846

2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
04/06/2019 Category: Service
Diagnostic not fully completed the first time problem occurred
My Hyundai Elantra GT hatch kept opening while driving, or even when the car was off which drained my battery. Hence, Roadside Assistance had to be called three times for the battery.. Then, the hatch would not even open. If it was used, access could only be made through the back seat! The initial diagnostic done said everything was normal. When I needed to go out of town a couple days later, my backseat had to be used for my luggage! Still waiting for the defective parts to be replaced.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 04/08/2019

Jennifer:
I want to apologize that we did not meet with your expectations on your recent visit.
When we diagnose a vehicle we generally need to duplicate the concern and in some situations we simply cannot. In those situations we may ask you to return or ask you to return when the situation presents itself. Reguardless I ask for your forgiveness if we created a stressful situation for you. We will see you soon for your repair and we will do our best to make this a smooth transaction.
We will also attempt to improve our amenities.

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/20/2019 Category: Service
Unexpected
In the past they have always been excellent. They just fell flat this trip.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 02/20/2019

Joerg:
Sorry for our missteps and meeting your expectations. Sometimes the campaigns take longer than expected and we have met a a group to ensure that we update our customers in a faster manner.  Again I want to appoligize for not meeting your expectations and we promise it will not happen again.

12/23/2018 Category: Service
Friendly staff, clean facility and service done on time. Simple, no thrill and no hassles just like I like!
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 12/23/2018

PMr. Krueger:
I would like to apologize that our service did not live up to your expectations. Due to the holiday I will not disturb you and  contact you Wednesday to discuss your visit.
Again, please accept my apology and rest assure we will do our best to correct our mistakes.

12/12/2018 Category: Service
2016 Sonata review
Overall visit was disappointing.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 12/23/2018

Mr. Detweiler:
I’m sorry your recent visit did not live up to your expectations. I will call you again after the holiday and we can discuss a plan that will improve your experiences for the future.

SP
Stephanie P.
07/31/2018 Category: Service
Service department
Better communication in the service department!!
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 07/31/2018

Stephanie:
Thank You for completing our survey we greatly appreciate your input. Certainly I understand that you had less than an outstanding visit. We are using your experience as a training tool so as not to let this type of experience repeat itself.
Please accept my apology and I promise this will not happen again.
Hope to see and meet with you on your next visit.

Laura B.
Marcellus, MI
03/19/2018 Category: Service
Used to have confidence in the service department.
Not sure that we would continue using the service department seems over priced.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 03/21/2018

Laura:
Thank You for filling out our survey. I have read and certainly understand your comments and currently researching your concerns. Please allow me the time to get back to you and clear up your concerns. I will follow up with a phone call to you next when I have the proper information to solve your concerns.

Please know that our customers mean everything to us and we will always have your best interests in mind.

FS

Recall
Not good
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 02/06/2018

Rich:

Thank You for taking the time to talk with me about your car and the campaign recall we had to complete on your car. Certainly we try to have all the parts in stock for various items but as we talked we are not perfect.
I certainly appreciate your understanding with this situation.  We also want to thank you again for your business and look forward to working with you on your autos operational concerns.

Danny G.
Granger, IN
2011 Hyundai Tucson
01/22/2018 Category: Service
Usually honest and fair
With very cold weather, service rep. tried to sell me a battery because it tested low. Even after telling him I have had no problems he still said I should buy a new battery.
The day before I took in my other car to another dealer for service and it tested low but they were honest and explained it was probably because of the cold weather.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 01/27/2018

Danny:
Thank You for responding to our survey and I want to apologize about the battery issue. It certainly is not our policy to push unneeded sales of any type.
I spoke with the service advisors and they were mainly concerned because of the age of the battery.
What we risk is a customer who leaves our shop and a short time later has problems with his car. I’m sure you understand that scenario. We always will side with caution but I don’t want to see us place any unneeded pressure and certainly we will be cautious of that in the future.
I look forward to speaking with you soon and certainly hope for your continued business in the future. I also want to Thank You for all your past business we all certainly appreciate you as a customer.

WS
William S.
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/31/2017 Category: Service
Things are great at Goshen Motors Nice people,Reputable work,ect
They work on my Santa Fe all the time .
I wait most of the time and it works fine for me. Great place.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 10/31/2017

Bill:
Thank You for taking my call and Thank You for being our customer. I realize that we all seem to get so many surveys in the mail and in our email. It does get overwhelming at times. I will do my best to get that taken care for your inthe future. I will send that rescore for you.

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/31/2017 Category: Service
Like the vehicle, service is ok, why a second recall in the first year??
No problem this time with dealership/service. See my notes re: frustration with two recalls in first year of this expensive vehicle.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 09/01/2017

Mr. King:
I will call you today so we can discuss your frustrations with your vehicle and how this survey affects all of us.
I certainly apologize for your feelings but please understand you are shooting the messenger with this survey. This has an huge negative affect on your local dealer that is always here to help you with your new Hyundai automobile. Certainly we are always here for you and I sincerely hope we can have a discussion and come to a mutual understanding.

Respectfully:

Russell G.
Ligonier, IN
06/02/2017 Category: Service
A week really????
AC repair good oil change good
Sunroof repair took almost a week to get to the place to have it fixed
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 06/05/2017

Russell:
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations for getting your Elantra repaired. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the shop that needed to repair the sunroof. Some items are beyond the limits of our control and we have to wait and I certainly want to applogize for that situation. I am glad we were able to provide you with a loaner car.
We will certainly try to do a better job for you next time. Three stars damages our reputation very badly and we take this very seriously.

DAN G.
Granger, IN
2011 Hyundai Tucson
02/27/2017 Category: Service

02/27/2017 Category: Service
Treated like a valued customer
I feel Hyundai Motors could install a radio in a $ 28,000.00 automobile that would last longer then 5 years.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 02/27/2017

Dan:
Thank You for taking my call it was a pleasure speaking with you and it was good to hear your perspective on your car. We both realize things go wrong with these cars that can be a bit expensive and unusual, but you have my commitment that I will always be here to help you through the bumps in the road. I also know Hyundai does not make a perfect radio and I will do my best to soften the sting in the future.
Please accept my appology and know we are always here for you and only a phone call away.

Thanks Again:

Pat

P.S. Keep an eye on your mail

Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 02/28/2017

Dan:
Thank You very much I greatly appreciate your assistance with the survey.
We are always here for you!

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/14/2017 Category: Service
Update - Satisfactory resolution to relatively minor concern
I appreciate the prompt and courteous response by the Service Manager. Our concern was appropriately, adequately, and quickly addressed. I would rate the dealership a 5 star rating, but will leave it at 4 as we need to regain full confidence in Hyundai. Thank you.

02/14/2017 Category: Service
Disappointed in recall on nearly brand-new vehicle.
Why is there a recall on a 4 month old and not inexpensive vehicle? I requested $50 cash for our hassle and time in needing to get this taken care of. What I got was "Sorry about your luck". Service was performed fine and as agreed to. We're out the time, and our confidence in the vehicle is diminished.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 02/14/2017

Dear Sir:
Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations on your new Hyundai.
I can assure you the intention of Hyundai is to build and supply the buying public a top quality product. It is also the intention of Hyundai to continue to improve there vehicles when ever possible and in some cases these improvements are done during the ownership process. Throughout your Hyundai ownership campaigns may come up and we will continue to let you know about them.  I assure you we will do our best here at Goshen Hyundai to make every effort to make this as convienent as possible so as not to capitalize on your time. We do realize that time is very important and I assure you we will not loose sight of that fact.
Please understand that we take these surveys very serious because they are a direct reflection on your hometown Hyundai store Goshen Motors. Our intention is to provide the best possible sales and service experience possible each and every visit.
Goshen Motors is very committed to our community and we will continue to strive to be best automobile dealer in the area.
We certainly Thank You for your business and hope we can assist you in any way possible.

02/06/2017 Category: Service
Greeting from the Service counter (lack of)
When you have 3 guys back there in the service department and none of them greet you until you say something, there is something wrong. When the one guy did finally greet me he said... I can't check you in you will have to wait for the Hyundai guy to do that. And then went back to looking at his computer screen. Then when the Hyundai guy finished his call he greeted me. When it came time to cash out he presents me a bill $10 higher than it should be. All I was getting was an oil change. Only when I brought up the ad on my phone for the $10 off did he acknowledged it.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 02/07/2017

Mr. Reed:

Thank You for taking the time to present your comments. Please be assured we will be self examining ourselves to come up with a solution.
I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please know we will take your thoughts and observations and analyze each comment to seek improvement.
If possible I would like to speak with you a bit later today.

Robert R.
01/10/2017
Still...Follow-up Not-so-much"
Now four appointments for a rust problem on a 2013 Sonata (three at Goshen, one at Mishawaka) and still no word. The last by written response to the review on 12/29/16 was that they are putting together an estimate for the repair and I would get a call "tomorrow". First, an 'estimate' is not a warranty coverage; second, 'tomorrow' is 12/30 not 1/10/17. Rust warranty is interesting - It must be "presented as soon as the first sign of rust are noticed" but then denied because it is not fully rusted through? Goshen service is still excellent in my opinion - as long as it does not deal with rust or getting back with you.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 01/10/2017

Mr. Ries:

Thank You for your comments Brandon is attempting to call you as I write this to you. He has an estimate of repairs for your vehicle and he can schedule the repair to meet your schedule. I am sorry for any delay and we will do our best to help you through this situation.

Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 01/10/2017

Mr. Ries:
Brandon your service advisor will be calling you this afternoon and attempting to set an appointment for you to leave the car with us for an inspection from our Hyundai district manager. A loaner will be provided so as not to inconvenience you while we have your car for the inspection.  He tells me he has left you two voice mail messages and he will continue to try and contact you to set his up.
Please let us know if this is suitable for your schedule.

DE
DAVID E.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/25/2016 Category: Service
Vehicle work not completed in a very finely manner. I was the to just go when it was done. ( No charge).
above are the comments.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 12/25/2016

Mr. Everett:
Sorry we could not get your car done on time. During the holidays and cold weather it is sometimes difficult to please every person and there expectations. Obviously we failed and I hope we did not dampen your Christmas spirit. Answering your survey on Christmas night is something I don't like but I must do my best to answer to my customers.
Please accept my apologies and please enjoy your Christmas night.
I will contact you tomorrow and make notes for the future that we respect your time on your next visit.

Merry Christmas

Robert R.
12/21/2016 Category: Service
Service if fine, follow-up not so much
This is the third service writer that has promised to check on a rust area of the car by the license plate that should be covered by the warranty. None of them has ever called me back.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 12/29/2016

Mr: Ries:
I understand You have been in contact with our body shop personell and they are in the process of putting todether an estimate to repair your trunk lid. Brandon will be calling you tomorrow with that information.

2010 Hyundai Tucson
10/25/2016 Category: Service
Updated Rating
Issue will get fixed

10/25/2016 Category: Service
Body work
Tail light was not put on straight
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 10/27/2016

Calista:
Thank You for taking Scotts call and Thank You for doing a rescore for us. We always strive to achive the best in customer satisfaction and we are always here for you when ever you may need our help. I will send that rescore directly.

2013 HYUNDAI ACCENT
08/27/2016 Category: Service
Made it right
Pat promised a 34.95 oil change and tire rotation. Said to go to service desk not other customer area. At first service desk sent me to other area but then did allow me to speak with Pat. Cost was much higher at checkout because they were not told what Pat told me. Price was adjusted some but still felt a bit slighted. Left and noticed grease on my seat. It was fixed and given free oil change coupon which was nice and appreciated. I can recommend service there but would earn my friends to read the fine print on coupons or verbal offers, plus not to be in a hurry.
Patrick C., Service Manager from Goshen Hyundai responded on 08/27/2016

Mark:
I am sorry for the confusion with the coupon for your service. Certainly we try hard to get things perfect each and every time but admittedly we occasionally fall short. I hope you accept my apology and know we will do our best to make things right.
We use coupons to certainly make service more affordable for all our customers and I hope you will continue to use or ask for them and we will cheerfully provide the benefit to our customers for each and every service.

Hope to see you next time.

Service Manage