Overall Rating 4.38/5Overall Rating 4.38/5Overall Rating 4.38/5Overall Rating 4.38/5rating 4.38

Overall Rating 2.8181818/5Overall Rating 2.8181818/5rating 2.8181818rating 2.8181818rating 2.8181818
Overall Rating 1.9090909/5rating 1.9090909rating 1.9090909rating 1.9090909rating 1.9090909

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Very poor service experience
I brought my car in for three items on a Monday morning. I received no information all day about the status of my vehicle. I called on Tuesday and they finally told me they had ordered a part for a recall without informing me and then the wrong part came in. They didn't bother to let me know. They then kept my car until the next day. When I finally came in the next morning, they had done the recall work and replaced some Freon. They noted that I was correct on why my speaker/phone system messes up and identified the part I need but gave me no choice on getting it fixed which I would have done. It was there over two days. I also received no explanation of the recall work and was just told to sign the paper. The BIGGEST problem is I also brought it in to have them check on the clunking sound in my transmission. They did nothing on it. I suspect it is because I am 4-5,000 miles away from 100,000. Not a great job.

Marina G.
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
02/05/2019 Category: Service
Rude and trying to steal your money
I’ve come to this place a few times and each time I get worse service. The man who spoke with my about my pick change told me I needed over $1,000 in repairs, when I did not even show up to the dealership for those repairs- and some of which I had fixed during a previous visit months before. They are trying to overcharge their customers and fix things that do not need to be fixed.
SAMUEL M. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 03/06/2019

Thank you for responding to the survey. You were told you needed tires and there is not much to explain when letting someone know about tires. If you have any question please let me know.

Mexia, TX
11/20/2018 Category: Service
Slow even for a dealer
Would not go again unless required factory work. Over an hour and 45 min for an oil change rotation on a new car.

Belton, TX
2015 Hyundai Genesis
11/19/2018 Category: Service
This place is the same as any Hyundai Dealer.
Yet more wasted time and money.

Texas
10/15/2018 Category: Service
Theft of services
When I originally dropped by car off for service I asked to have the tires rotated. When the car was returned and supposedly the services had been performed I asked if the tires had in fact been rotated. Was told they had except I have a blemish on a rim and can tell if the tires had been moved, which they had not. When I informed the customer service rep he went back and asked the tech who said they had been rotated. However, this was contradicted by the location of the rim with the blemish on the vehicle. I asked them to take the car back and in fact have the tires rotated. This time when it was returned I asked if there was a charge for rotating tires. Yes, it costs $29.95 and since this wasn't done I asked if it was still on the invoice which it was. This is theft by services that were not performed. Very unhappy with this dealership. Will not return.
SAMUEL M. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 10/17/2018

Thank you for responding to the survey. I am sorry that you believe we did not rotate the tires on the vehicle. I was actually out there and watched my technician rotate the tires. When you said they did not rotate the tires I decided to not question it but pull it back in and rotate them again. Also the tire rotation cost $20.95 and I looked over the ticket and you were charged $20.95 not $29.95.

06/29/2018 Category: Service
Service department still needs work
SAMUEL M. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 06/30/2018

Thank you for respondiong to the survey. Replacing a steering column takes a few hours so we actually did fix it in a timely manner. I also explained to you before you left that we still needed to look in the dash for the noise because the steering column would not fix the issue.

Randy M.

Hewitt, TX
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/17/2018 Category: Service
Service department
Even w appt, service is consistently slow w LONG waits. On my last & recent visit, my car sat for an hour before taken to the bay for oil change, w appt. Another customer waiting shared they had been there 2.5 hours after being told their repair would be completed in about an hour....she finally asked for a ride home & left vehicle til the following morning.
SAMUEL M. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 03/19/2018

Thank you for responding to the survey. Since your visit we have stopped taking oil change appointments and only take walk ins or let people drop their car off. This has seemed to have fixed the long wait problem.

JE
Jeffery E.
02/28/2018 Category: Service
Avoid this dealership like it has the plague
original message and reply:
I've had 3 bad experiences at this dealership all dealing with the service department. Last experience - It took the service department 114 days to complete recall work on intake hose!
Vehicle: 2015 Hyundai Sonata
Category: Service
Service Date: 02/19/2018
Service Type: Maintenance

Review Created: 02/28/2018 05:42 AM

Samuel M. at Greg May Hyundai responded on 03/03/2018
We called you multiple times but heard nothing back from you when we go the part in. We had the part sat aside but when we never hear from you we gave it o someone else. I never recieved a phone call from you bbut if you would like to talk about it you are welcome to call me.

My reply to you:

I just read your response. I did receive 3 phone calls from someone regarding the part on Nov 21, 2017 at 3:05pm (no message left), Nov 27, 2017 at 11:53am (no message left), and Dec 4th at 9:38am (message left) returned call on Dec 5, 2017 at 9:38am and setup appoint to have installed. The wrong part was order from the 10/31/2017 visit and had to be reordered. I never received any other calls after that. I called multiple time and never could get anyone in the services department to pickup. It always went to voicemail. I never received calls back. I placed calls on the following date and times.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:33am -no answer by service department left message with call back info
Jan 16, 2018 at 1:27pm- no answer by service department left message with call back info
Jan 20, 2018 at 9:14am- no answer by service department left message with call back info

I have all my call records with incoming and outgoing calls for rolling two year period. So if your records show calls were made to me besides what I listed then that information is incorrect on your side. I did request that the service manager call me to discuss the issue on 2/19/18. The request was made with the advisor that check me out. I never received that call.

02/28/2018 Category: Service
Avoid this dealership like it has the plague
SAMUEL M. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 03/03/2018

2013 Hyundai Accent
02/22/2018 Category: Service
Does this have to be public
Experience it yourself
SAMUEL M. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 02/26/2018

Thank you for responding to the survey. I am sorry that we did not do what you asked us to do. We have a new lube tech who is still learning about the parts of the multipoint and when to rotate tires. We will work on giving you a better multipoint that is accurate.

Melissa R.
Eddy, TX
01/16/2018 Category: Service
Warrenty is good
Read previous notes
SAMUEL M. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 01/19/2018

Thank you for your response from the survey. I apologize that we did not complete your service correctly. I will have a talk with my mechanics to make sure that they are on the lookout for the log sitting in the passenger seat.

Lonnie S.
Valley Mills, TX
2012 Hyundai Accent
01/15/2018 Category: Service
Response
Try using spell check.Wow.Great response.

01/15/2018 Category: Service
The help
Im not impressed with the person lack of knowledge and not going over and beyond
SAMUEL M. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 01/17/2018

Thank you for responding to the survey. I apologize that we did not have he knowledge that you expect us to have. We have new employees that are still learning about everything and hope to have them able to answer everyones questions soon.

01/11/2018 Category: Service
Not impressed with service
One of the things I requested was not properly looked at an my alignment will have to go back for adjustment.
SAMUEL M. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 01/16/2018

Thank you for responding to the survey. I would like to speak with you about the steering wheel not being correctly centered if you have a chance. As for the high beam switch I am sorry that we were not able to duplicate the problem. If you would like to come duplicate the problem in front of us we would gladly take a look at it.

Sam May 254-420-2366

GD
Glenda D.
China Spring, TX
01/08/2018 Category: Service
Long wait time for service and less than pleasing customer service waiting area.
The service time was 2 hours when I expected it should only take 45 minutes to one hour. The customer waiting area was not very clean or inviting. I was not offered an explanation of why it was taking so long to service my car and no detailed explanation of the recall that was serviced.
Timothy D. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 01/09/2018

Thank you for the feedback. We are always striving to do a better job and make your visit as pleasing as possible. I will a talk with our consultant and techs to make sure communication and timeliness are kept. We hope that we can show you our improvements on your next scheduled maintenance visit.

LV
Lummus V.
Malone, TX
2015 Hyundai Elantra
12/29/2017 Category: Service
non disclosure of potential problems with vehicles
Any car from 2013 and on has wiring with soy based insulation. This is a big attraction to rodents if you leave your car outside. You need to be aware that if you buy a vehicle, this leaves you wide open to many problems concerning services for repair of vehicle not being covered by warranty. There has not been public notice made by the Hyundai corporation, or anyone for that matter, that this could become a potentially expensive problem down the road, and that you are not under warranty for service if this happens.
Timothy D. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 01/02/2018

I understand your concerns on the wiring assembly. Unfortunately as I explained when you were here Hyundai warranty does not cover outside influences causing damage to vehicle components. Mice fall under that catagory. We as a dealership do not dictate warranty policies. I hope that you do not have any further issues with rodent damage as the colder weather setting in has moved them to warmer areas including engine bays. Please do take precautions to prevent this from happening again.

2012 Hyundai Elantra
12/02/2017 Category: Service
service at dealer slipping
they may not agree with me, but this visit shows service slipping...and I don't see how labor charge for exchanging cabin air filter equals labor charge for an oil change...and not given part+labor charge figure when I asked how much the filter would cost to replace. Live and learn, cannot trust past experiences there continue on. Yes, change is the only constant.
Timothy D. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 12/04/2017

When quoting costs to customer we should always provide the closest estimate possible. I have spoken with Mr.May on this situation and have adjusted the cost of a cabin air filter replacement, parts and labor. While we have appointments scheduled, at times a job may run over into the next time slot. We apologize for this unforseen issue and will work to better ourselves when scheduling appointments. I would appreciate the chance to win back your confidence.

Parts Manager, Interim Service Manager-Ben Maples

Little Elm, TX
2014 Hyundai Elantra
12/01/2017 Category: Service
2 1/2 hours for a tire
The title says it all. I merely needed one new tire.
Timothy D. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 12/04/2017

We apologize for the time it took to have the vehicle repaired. On occasion there is a delay in repairs due to unforseen events taking place. When this happens we should notify you, I can see that did not happen. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns, as I do not feel you were given the correct service that I strive for. Again, I do apologize...your time is the most valuable thing we can give you.

RP
Rosalind P.
Mc Gregor, TX
2015 Hyundai Elantra
11/28/2017 Category: Service
Idk
Idk
Timothy D. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 12/01/2017

I am sorry that you feel we have not been clear with you. We try to provide the best service with an honest outlook. When we measure your brakes and feel that they are safe we do not want to charge a customer for a repair that may not be needed.
If we have your information updated in our system we do send out coupons for your next visit. At anytime if you feel that something is not right please contact me and I will take care of it to the best of my abilities.
Ben Maples-Parts Manager Greg May Hyundai

2012 Hyundai Elantra
10/24/2017 Category: Service
it’s okay
did not get things accomplished as asked.
Timothy D. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 10/24/2017

First of all, I apologize to you. Please reach out to me at 254.420.2366 so that I can talk to you to adress your concerns. Thank you.

IH
Isahbo H.
Lakewood, WA
2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
08/29/2017 Category: Service
Priorities are wrong
The guy tried to get us to pay extra for cabin air filter, oil and fuel additive, but didn't offer to replace the wiper blades that was clearly marked bad on the inspection sheet. Thank goodness my father saw the paperwork, checked the validity and replaced my blades just before the large storm system hit.
Timothy D. from Greg May Hyundai responded on 08/29/2017

We certainly apologize for this oversight. The wiper blades should have been brought to your attention. We try to bring these types of needs to your attention and our staff will go through more training.