Latest Review about 2 months ago

Jean C.
Ford Thunderbird
11/30/2012 Category: Service
Jean said this is a terrific business and she has been going to them for years.

MICHAL G.
11/18/2012
Great work, trustworthy mechanic, good person
I took my car in for a tune up and dennis did a great job, and came in right at his estimate and the timing was great. Highly recommend.

DAVE W.
11/14/2012
tune-up
Dennis is always most accommodating and pleasant to work with.

Marcile S.
Cadillac DeVille
11/08/2012 Category: Service
Marcile said she was very satisfied with the work this business provided.

SG
SANDY G.
Ford Pickup Heritage
10/23/2012
great service,fair prices,quality as usual
As usual great work and great service, even gave me a ride to work and picked me up again.

SG
SANDY G.
Gilroy, CA
Chrysler PT Cruiser
10/16/2012
Professional, always caring, has my concerns in mind when advising me of needed repairs
As usual Griffins is on tract. Service like this is not seen anywhere, any more

DAVE B.
10/14/2012
Always the best!
Thorough, competent, and on time work, coupled with honesty and patience makes Griffins the best automotive service around!

EG
ED G.
Cadillac DeVille
10/05/2012
Tough repair job
My 2005 Cad DeVille had a leaking boot covering the CV-Joint. This is a tough repair job. Griffin's estimated cost accurately, and replaced both inner and outer boots with all parts perfectly clean. I think Griffin's knows its stuff well, and may be relied upon for repair of serious mechanical problems.

PM
PATRICK M.
GMC Yukon
10/04/2012
no customers so the service is quick that is the only good point I can understand why !...
I was proposed a remanufactured alternator for 100 $ less, I refused , anyway a remanufactured altenator was installed, I wasn't informed and I paid 340$ while it costs in most other places 200$, unfortunately I discovered that later.
Dennis G., Manager from Griffin's Auto Repair responded on 10/08/2012
I have been trying to reach you by phone,but to no avail so I am trying email. When I quote Alternators it is my attempt to give all customers three choices. New with all new parts, new remanufactured with reusing the external housing and replacing all internal parts and rebuilt units where only the damaged parts are replaced, reusing the good tested used parts. I usually advise the middle choice. It is apparent that my explination was not clear and I am very sorry for that. If this explanition does not clear the issue, and you still feel that you did not receive the Item you selected I will be happy to install a completely new unit at no additional charge. My reputaion is more important than any dollar amount and I value you as a customer now and in the future. A new unit sell for $415.46, a new remanufactured unit sell for 321.40 and a rebuilt sells for 218.74. The middle choice is the one I installed. Again I am sorry for the missunderstanding and wish to make the situation better for both of us. Thanks Dennis Griffin.

SR
Susan R.
Mazda MPV
09/24/2012 Category: Service
Susan said they did a very good job. They did the best job they could and they did it quickly. They also kept the cost down.

Joan M.
09/22/2012 Category: Service
Joan said her service advisor Dennis did a great job.

NA
NANCY A.
Volkswagen Jetta
09/19/2012
Analysis of Volkswagon Jetta
Mr. Griffin had great communication with me
about my possibility to by a Volkswagon Jetta. Because of his assessment of the Jetta I was able to make a wise decision & am very thankful to him!

DAVE B.
09/12/2012
Service, service, service
Our transmission broke down just as Griffins was closing for a holiday. Griffins arranged for a rental car for us so we wouldn't be inconvenienced. The cause of the problem was elusive, but was found and repaired. Griffins is thorough, and professional. Further, Griffins is honest, and fair. We can't imagine going anywhere else. Griffins definitely keeps our car in top shape.

CD
CHARLEEN D.
Ben Lomond, CA
08/28/2012
3500 Mile Service
Excellent, as always. I have complete confidence that Dennis will ensure my vehicle is safe on the road.

PM
PAT M.
Dodge Ram Van
08/23/2012
Great honest service.
Great thorough and professional service from a small efficient and well managed shop. Owner Dennis Griffen does it all for all types and ages of automobiles.

ME
MARTHA E.
Volvo V70
08/20/2012
replacing radiator
Dennis is always helpful, friendly, and informative. He did me the favor of replacing our radiator by the end of Friday so we could have the car for a weekend trip. I highly recommend Griffin's as a mechanic service!

SV
SCOTT V.
08/20/2012
Quality work for a reasonable price and no B.S.
I took my '96 Dodge pickup to Dennis last week for a radiator replacement. He diagnosed the problem quickly, ordered the part and had the truck ready to pick up the next day. The price was reasonable and the work, as always, was quality. Dennis is professional and courteous, and doesn't insult me with the slick BS I used to get from his competitor located a few blocks away....you know, the guy that says "when you want it done right....blah, blah, blah now give me a fat check". I appreciate an auto repair shop whose primary mission isn't to pick my pocket. Give Griffins a try, you won't be dissapointed.

Sarah H.
San Mateo, CA
Toyota Paseo
08/20/2012 Category: Service
Sarah said this business didn't do anything wrong and they were good.

MICHAL G.
08/19/2012
Replace CV axel boot
Dennis again i think did a great job. His estimate was right on and only $13 off the actual cost and he completed the work the same day way ahead of schedule. He seems very honest, technically proficient and a great mechanic. I will continue to use him in the future and his on line car history is really great. Thanks, Dennis

AT
Allen T.
Los Altos, CA
Chevrolet Corvette
08/17/2012 Category: Service
Allen said everything was good and excellent.