CHAD M.
Chrysler 300
03/14/2020
Do not go here
Got my rear brakes changed for a cool $460. Just the pads and rotors replaced. The parts were doubled in price and they did not tell me they were doing more then what we had discussed. I will not be going back and do not recommend this place to anyone.
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 03/18/2020

Hi Chad. I'm sorry you are dissatisfied however the issue that you had originally come in for was addressed. The actual bill came up to $386.68, not $460, which included the pads the were wore significantly into the rotors making both unusable. Upon your initial call to our facility you asked about pads and rotors. The extra work we had done was to do a thorough safety inspection at no charge and estimated an upper ball joint that was and is still to the best of my knowledge ready to break away from the upper arm. I called and mentioned the entire estimate and you told me that you couldn't afford it and to just do the rear brakes, which we did. Unfortunately to remain in business and keep the doors open we have to have a margin on parts because we pay for things such as employees, licenses, tools, electricity, cleaner, etc... The store price is more of a DIY price where the experience and overhead aren't present. I hope I was able to address your concern and we would love to assist you again in the future if you change your mind. Have a blessed day.

JEFF S.
Oldsmobile Bravada
02/10/2020
Tires slashed
Let's start out with Carol she did a great job getting my tires quickly and then to Carl and the guys getting me taking care of him a very frustrating situation you're my go-to guys thanks again Jeff
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 02/10/2020

We try to be as quick and efficeient as possible with our customers. It was our pleasure to gett you back on the road quickly.

KEN S.
12/20/2019
Disappointed
I’ve been going here for years when coming to find out that I need a huge repair. I went and got a second opinion from a different shop and there was stuff that was missed and On the quote they said I needed a new power steering pump that was not needed at all. Not sure if there was a change in staff but not trustworthy anymore unfortunately.
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 12/21/2019

Hello Ken. I'm sorry your visit didn't go as you had hoped and I'm glad you were able to get your vehicle fixed. It's hard to diagnose if a power steering pump will be functional after being ran dry for so long. Our qoutes are done up to forsee what the worst case senerio could be so there is no shock in case a pump was needed and we would not replace a good part if it didn't need to be, as stated when you were handed the qoute. Regardless I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and that you would continue to come see us in the new year.

MT
MARCOS T.
10/29/2019
Horrible communication
Took my truck in to get 4 new tires installed, front differential drain and fill, transfer case drain and fill, rear differential drain and fill, and a oil change. Come to find out they did a transmission service as well. I was never called or notified of a transmission service nor did I mention transmission service. My bill came out to $604 and some change. Price shock for me when young’s in owosso was cheaper. But I’m a local person who likes to keep his money local but I learned my lesson today. I didn’t sign anything just handed over my keys my first mistake. I should’ve signed something with a $300 approval limit and if it was more than that then contact me. I paid the full amount so they can’t say I’m trying to get something for free because that is not the case. I also still have a low tire light on because a sensor is bad which I was aware of but I was so pissed with my bill that I said nope don’t fix it leave it alone...Definitely need a service writer who will communicate with customers before and after repairs...I will not be back. Thank you.
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 10/30/2019

I'm sorry about the lack of communication Marcos. With everything being written down word for word I thought we had an understanding about what would be done but there was a miscommunication. We would like to talk with you about this more if you would come back in and we can reach an understanding.

PM
PAUL M.
Chevrolet Pickup
10/03/2019
They tried to screw me over
I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. I was having trouble with my truck. Was shaking and vibrating at any speed. I couldn't find any issues with it myself after a quick inspection (jacking up front end, wiggling tires trying to find any play). So I decided to take it to Heritage, as I work close and have done business with them in the past. Not to mention it was raining all week and I didnt feel like messing with it in the cold rain. The guy took it in, put it in the Hoist, and looked it over. He told me the rear driveshaft U Joints (closest to rear axle) failed (cap fell off) and seized up. Therefore destroying my driveshaft, rear axle Yoke, and pinion seal. I believed him, and told him to go ahead and fix it. He agreed to try and find junkyard parts for it (it's a old truck). I left, and a hour later the mechanic there called me. He said, "great news! We found you a used Driveshaft and yoke. It will only be $498 to fix it!" Long story short, I said NO, I cannot afford that. So he parked it out front for me to pickup the next day after work. I went there that night with my spare key to get something in the cab that I forgot. To my surprise, they NEVER even locked my doors! I had a $300 chainsaw and $200 socket set sitting in there too! Was not very happy. I went to pick it up and they charged me $118 to JUST LOOK AT IT! We trailered it home and my buddy and I dug into it. The driveshaft was completely fine (just a small nick from the U Joint hitting it) the yoke was perfectly fine as well as the pinion seal. We put a $20 new U Joint in it and it works as it did the 6 years I owned the truck. Only took us under a hour to do as well. I understand they have to make money on labor but come on, we fixed it for 20 bucks and under a hour.So what I'm writing this review about is they lied to me about all these parts it needed. I figured a small town "honest" shop that has a relatively good reputation wouldn't pull this old fashioned scam. I guess I was wrong. Not what they were years ago. I will say they were very friendly though. They won't be getting my business again. Very very disappointed.
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 10/04/2019

I'm glad you were able to fix this problem your self at home and I'm sorry for the miscommunication with the bad transfer case output seal that was qouted on the estimate. The responsibility we have as a registered repair facility with certified, top notch mechanics goes beyond just putting a bandage on a wound as the the ear on the driveshaft was oblonged. We are obligated to do a thorough inspection and will continue do so for our customers safety and for the safety of others on the road. We do have an inspection fee but if the customer gets the work performed here we roll that back towards the repairs performed. Thank you for your comments as we continuously strive to better ourselves and I hope we will be able to help you in the future.

EL
ED L.
Chevrolet Cruze
04/15/2019
Oil service not
I called to get price for oil change. I was told by Carl $39. I said that’s a lot. he said there was one for $35. I made an appointment . He knew I had a Cruze when I called. When I picked up car he charged me $44 plus. I’m not happy at all since La Clair’s are $31
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 04/16/2019

Sorry you feel this way it is hard to just throw a price over the phone I assure you that with each oil change we do that we top off all fluid levels our mechanic also check for any other items that may need attention.  I am glad I was able to get you right in and out the same day you called sorry for the miscommunication.

PG
PAT G.
Chesaning, MI
06/03/2020
The owners
Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, dependible and honest.

KATHY S.
Dodge Caliber
06/03/2020
As ALWAYS, outstanding
I am so grateful and thankful that there are still wonderful caring people out there like Carl, Donna, Chad and crew! ❤️🙏🏻

BT
BRENDA T.
Chevrolet Blazer
05/30/2020
They were very polite . no waiting time They got my car right in and put my New tires on . I would Recommend them to any of my family and friends thank you
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 06/02/2020

Thanks for the kind words Brenda. Be sure to get ahold of us for future repairs! See you soon.

Ford Police Interceptor
05/26/2020
Heritage Tire Service Department
Used Heritage for tires on 2 of my personal vehicles & they perform repairs & maintenance on vehicles for the company I work for - always satisfied & Heritage personnel are professional.
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 06/02/2020

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

SK
STEVE K.
Chevrolet Trax
05/21/2020
Best service around!
Only place to go to for service on your cars! Thank you!
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 05/26/2020

Thanks for the kind words Steve! We look forward to seeing you again!

MARIA H.
05/21/2020
Friendly wirkers
Easy going workers and friendly. They were fast and did such a good job on my car. It felt like a new car.
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 05/22/2020

AC
ANDY C.
Chrysler Pacifica
05/19/2020
Great fast friendly service at a fair price
Great fast friendly service at a fair price
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 05/26/2020

Hope to see you again soon Andy! Thanks!

SR
SALLY R.
Chevrolet Suburban
05/18/2020
They got me right in.
They got me right in to fix my brakes, they gave me a loaner so I didn't have to wait, and I bought a chain saw on the way out.
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 05/26/2020

Thank you for your business Sally!

JOHN S.
Pontiac Vibe
05/15/2020
John Stasa
Hometown service very personal and price competitive
Carl T. from Heritage Tire & Service Center responded on 05/26/2020

Thanks for shopping local John. Hope to see you again!