Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5rating 4.16
Overall Rating 2.08/5Overall Rating 2.08/5rating 2.08rating 2.08rating 2.08

TC
Tracie C.
2014 Hyundai Accent
03/22/2019 Category: Service
Chillicothe Hyundai
I’m pleased with customer service and their effort put in to fixing any issues that I may have had.

03/22/2019 Category: Service
...
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/26/2019

I see that you have an aftermarket warranty company that paid for the repairs. I also see that you had a $100 deductible to them. If you could rescore this survey to a 5, I would be more than glad to refund you the deductible $$$$'s that you had to pay. In talking with Erick I see that you had some rocks in your underpinning that was causing some of the problem. Let me know if you would like to accept my offer, and I will make the arrangements

SA
Shawn A.
03/21/2019 Category: Service
Problem resolved
My issue with the rental vehicle has been taken care of,I was given an extremely more economical vehicle to drive to work. As I have stated from the start of this entire situation all I ask for is open communication,I don’t expect my car to be repaired overnight nor have I ever been pushy about it,I only want updates as the dealership gets themed,I do NOT blame the dealership for the problems my Sonata is having nor do I blame them for the amount of time it’s taking to get approval for the repair,or how long it takes the motor to be shipped. So my hope is that moving forward a more open line of communication will be established.

03/21/2019 Category: Service
Over it
Pushy sales,zero communication in the service department unless I called asking for updates
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/22/2019

I wish I could come up with some kind of excuse but there are none. We did a 953 ECU update on your computer. When you got it back that update created a condition called fail safe. We are currently awaiting HMA which is the authorization arm of Hyundai to tell us what is next. We do have another vehicle if you would prefer being in one of our vehicles. I understand that you are in a vehicle that we rented from Hertz for you.

Let me know if you would like to swap  out. I will not give this vehicle away until Monday. You could pick it up today before 5 or tomorrow 8 to 5.

AE
Arthur E.
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
01/30/2019 Category: Service
Rescore
Per your request...

01/30/2019 Category: Service
Customer Service
After discussing a concern with the Service Manager, I picked my car from the Service department and the problem seemed to be addressed and repaired. This dealership is the only Hyundai dealership in Chillicothe, it's important to me that we have a good business/customer relationship for my car's sake. I take the upkeep of my car very seriously, as it is one of our most important investments. Our car is the center of our transportation needs as we both work 60 apart. We need a vehicle that we can depend on, and keeping it in sound condition is the only guarantee that we can have a car when we need it.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

I am glad that I had the opportunity to discuss with you the issue. I now need to ask you a favor, with no other reason for your compliance other than we need to have a better score for this service advisor.

I appreciate that you recognized that we do take our customers concerns seriously, and I would like you to blindly rescore us. I would appreciate a 5 on the rescore if you feel like you could do that.

I am hopeful that all of your future visits to our service department will be up to our 5 star rating.

Thanks again for your follow up on this issue, and hopes that you could honor my request.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

You the man

Hamden, OH
01/22/2019 Category: Service
My issue was resolved in no time!
I had issues with my appointment and after making a review I got contacted immediately and it was made up for and resolved with ease!

01/22/2019 Category: Service
This isn’t the first time I’ve had trouble here
Very disappointed on how I got treated here. Someone is always trying to sell me something or make me spend way more money than I plan on. Refused to check the things I needed checked and was told on the phone I’d get a free overall checkup on my vehicle and didn’t even get one.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/22/2019

I will send you a rescore but I will be more than glad to replace all 4 bulbs at no charge to you. I will have to know what day you want to come in and I will see to it that you will not need an appointment.

Otway, OH
Hyundai owner
Very positive experience. Repair satisfactory and to show they value customer service I received a gift card, car wash, and gas tank filled.

Sonota owner
I’ve only had one bad experience and they ensure it will be corrected.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/06/2018

We don't get many low scores on our Sure Critic Survey's and when we do there are usually circumstances surrounding them. In your case, we just messed up. No excuses, no bells and whistles going off, we just messed up. I took your phone call and was very upset at what had happened. Immediately I found the service tech, and we had a chat. I want so badly to make this up to you. I know that you came along way to get this serviced. Here is what I want to do for you. We will first of all fix your washer pump, I will have your gas tank filled with gasoline and I have a gift certificate for dinner that I will hand to you.
Please accept my sincere apology and make up for this. I am hoping that once we show you how good we are I can resend this survey and we can earn a 5 star from you.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/07/2018

I hope that you feel like we made up for our mistake. We really take these survey's seriously and I trust we are back in all of your good graces.

Thanks for coming back up so we could plug that washer pump in and again thanks for your business.

Looking forward to a rescore on the survey.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/10/2018

Thank you so much for giving us that second opportunity to show how much we value customers. Have a great day and a wonderful holiday season.

DI
Dakota I.
Richmond Dale, OH
2017 Hyundai Accent
Making things right
I had problems with my gas mileage, and brakes rubbing. They offered to fix BOTH problems for free, after a complaint. They have ALWAYS been great people, nice and respectful. I will always come to Hyundai for new vehicles and services. Thank you so much.

12/04/2018 Category: Service
Service was NOT the greatest.
I’ve been going to Hyundai for almost a year. Service is usually so great. Great place, great people. But this time I brought my vehicle for service. For brakes grinding, pulling to right, poor gas mileage. They wasn’t able to determine the reason or fix the problems. They was only able to offer me service that I had to pay for that “might” fix the problem. So pay for a service that may or may not fix it. They wasn’t sure of the problem. And a mechanic rode with me and felt and heard the grinding but told me that the brake pads were fine. Not happy at all..
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/06/2018

I talked with everyone involved with your car so that I could understand exactly your situation. I am sorry that we could not fix your problems. You seem to have several of them with this vehicle. I know you have now replaced both your rear tires, your front tires are aggressively cupped and I am sure very noisy. We offered a road force balance to make sure you didn't have a bent wheel or out of round tires on the front but that service was declined. We also with no charge to you did an alignment check that showed your vehicle was in alignment not causing that pull.

Without a check engine light we can only guess what could be causing a mileage degegation. Our only solution was to offer you an induction service that cleans the throttle body. Your MAF sensor sets in the intake. If you have carbon build up it will not properly read causing more fuel to be used.

On a test drive with our technician we could not verify any transmission shifting issues, and I believe you were not able to duplicate this condition either. If you have a transmission problem that generates a check engine light or we can verify a shifting problem we can handle that under your 10 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

You may certainly not be happy with the outcome of this visit but as a manager I feel like we did what we needed to do to help service your vehicle, inform you of maintenance items, and at the same time be fair to our mother company Hyundai Motor of America.

We would like to continue to have you as a customer and I hope that next visit you will be completely satisfied.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/07/2018

What can we do at this point to regain your trust and improve this 1 star rating to a 4 or 5 star?

Please let me know.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/18/2018

If you could let me know how I regain this trust I would appreciate the feedback. I need to send you a rescore but feel like it would not be appropriate until you let me in on what I can do to help this situation along.

Waverly, OH
09/15/2018 Category: Service
Misunderstanding.
Several things were explained and resolved.

09/15/2018 Category: Service
Too expensive and getting a loaner is unsatisfactory
Too expensive and loaner availability in unsatisfactory.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 09/17/2018

I am very concerned about your response, so I will attempt to answer each of your concerns. The loaner car program is dictated by Hyundai Motor of America. We follow the guidlines the best we can. We attempt to accomodate everyone, but we do not have an unlimited supply of these vehicles. We are allowed 8, no more. 2) I will be really upset if someone didn't tell you the price and get your permission before we replaced that cabin filter. To make this up to you the next time that you are in I will replace the cabin filter at no charge. 3} Sometimes you are correct there are a few more dollars involved in getting your vehicle serviced, but where do you go to get quality service with excellent trained personnel to perform all of the duties. We know Hyundai's inside and out. You are a wise consumer to always consider your pocketbook before any purchase.

Let me know if you want to take me up on my offer of the free cabin filter. To do so, I will have to send you another response that you can give us a 4 star on the service.

Let me know if you want to take advantage of this offer, and please be aware we really do want your business in the future, and we appreciate all of your time.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 09/24/2018

Thanks for the rescore. I actually enjoyed our conversation the other day. Don't be a stranger.

Wellston, OH
05/10/2018 Category: Service
I give 4 stars on fixing my AC UNIT but 1 star on The rest!!!
As we have talked on the phone numerous times now I greatly appreciate my ac up and running right!! Now for all my other issues with the car ive had to deal with for the past 2 years of owning the piece of crap let’s see if we can get them all taken care of cause I am really tired of running back and forth and it not being fixed!!!! If I honestly knew this car was going to be this much trouble I never would have traded in my Dodge Avenger.

05/10/2018 Category: Service
Bad!!!!!!
Very poor service had car for 30 days and nothing was fixed !!!!!
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 05/11/2018

We talked yesterday and I will be getting with you today once that switch has been installed. Any luck we will have your car back late this day.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 05/18/2018

I believe we have resolved your A/C problem. I apologize for not being able to solve it the first time. It was indeed hidden way inside the electonics of your vehicle. I hope that all is well, and I hope that you truly do reconsider the 1 star rating. 5 would be delightful but 4 would be what I am expecting.

Thanks again and sorry for the frustration.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 05/29/2018

Here is a rescore.

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/01/2018 Category: Service
Great follow up
Jeffery.

I appreciate the response. As someone who leads a team of customer facing employees, these things stuck out to me. They are things i would want my customers to tell me.

My experience at Herrnstein has always been great. You listen to my problems and resolve them. Period. I love doing business with local people. Keep up the great work.

05/01/2018 Category: Service
Staff inefficienties
Sitting in the waiting room for three hours afforded me a lot of time to witness employee inefficienties. Bathroom breaks. Coffee breaks. Soda machine breaks. Smoke breaks. I’m not sure how much work one can get done between all of the breaks.

Smoking around the dealership is a nuisance and something management should address.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 05/02/2018

All of these are points well taken. I too sometimes see the same exact thing that you have seen. I will address these with the general manager and let him read what you have pointed out. I also hate the smoking around the building. Sometimes it takes another set of eyes to point out the problem.

Thanks so much. I am sorry you had to be here for 3 hours. If you would respond to my rescore of possibly a 4 out of 5 I would be glad to give you your next oil change on the house. Once I address these issues I will let you know how it was received.

We are definately on the same team here.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 05/10/2018

Thank you so much for responding back. We really do take these responses seriously. After consulting with the General Manager and putting a couple noses out of joint we are going to make some changes. Thanks so much, and I have put a note on your record to honor you with a free oil change on your next visit.

Thanks again.

VW
Vickie W.
02/05/2018 Category: Service
Should be 0 (zero) stars.
No action has ever been taken due to the very poor experience that I had with this Herrnstein Hyundai establishment. Files are kept anout this and others hear about it.

02/05/2018 Category: Service
Advisors lie about what's needed.
Not good
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 02/06/2018

I am trying to figure out a solution for you.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/06/2018

I am sorry that I cannot find a solution for you. We really are an honest place to have work done. We appreciate your response and we appreciate the business that you have given to us. I hope that someday we may be able to regain your trust.

NG
Nicholas G.
Latham, OH
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Time
An employee reached out to me personally to discuss the issue at hand. Said issue is being looked into now for a resolution. Thanks Herrnstein!

12/28/2017 Category: Service
Time
Appointment was re-sheduled from 9 to 920 6 minutes before appointment via email. Will not keeo me from coming back but the scenario wad unacceptable.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/02/2018

I wish I could respond to this in an appropriate manner, unfortnately I have no idea how that can happen. I would love for you to take a phone call from me so that we could discuss this. If we have a glitch in our scheduling software I really need to know about it.

I will be sending you an attempt at a rescore once we have discussed this. I just don't know how to address the issue.

Rebecca B.
Portsmouth, OH
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/24/2016 Category: Service
service
I very much appreciate the service from Chillicothe Hyundai, you have renewed my faith in your service.

10/24/2016 Category: Service
service dept disappointing
I am too upset to make kind remarks
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 10/24/2016

I feel so badly that this has not given you a good feeling about our service department. I felt like we have really let you down in this department. Let's review.

We replaced your intake and intake gaskets as we had diagnosed in a previous visit. At this time we we able to get you a rental from Hertz and requested that you pay the difference between a small vehicle and a vehicle to accomodate your relative. We did get the intake done and it seemed to have fixed your problem. Unfortunately you had a check engine light come on.

It ended up that we had to issue you a $90 credit for the difference in the hertz rental bill and for some misc. charge on your ticket. I approved that immediately upon finding out about the problem.

We now have put you in another rental at our expense completely. We did find that the variable charge motor was not working properly and we have resolved that issue. To make sure of that we are keeping your vehicle 1 more day to make sure we have that problem resolved. We did find also that your battery only had 175 Cold Cranking Amps left in it. That was going to give you problems this winter and possibly giving you problems now. Thank you kindly for authorizing that replacement.

We will call you tomorrow and hopefully all will be well in happy land.

We are in hopes that once this is all behind us we could request a rescore on our survey. I will call you tomorrow when it is time to pick up your vehicle.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 10/28/2016

I am hopeful that your problem has been resolved, and that we have shown how much we want to help our customers, especially when we have let them down.

We do so much appreciate your patronage and we want you for part of our Herrnstein family for a long time.

Hopefully we could ask you to rescore us, and get as close to a 5 star rating as you feel we might deserve.

Thank you again for your patience and thank you for your business.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 11/04/2016

Thank you again for your patience and thank you for your business.

10/07/2016 Category: Service
Concerned people
Service manager resolved problem. Concerned with customer satisfaction. Nice to see in this day and time.

10/07/2016 Category: Service
Details
Put wrong milage on sticker for next sticker and did not reset computer so when you start car it won't say on screen that it is due service
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 10/10/2016

I do not know what the mileage is on the vehicle right now. We usually only replace those stickers when we do an oil change. I looked at your repair order and it doesn't appear that we did that service. If this is not true let me know, I can always mail you a new sticker if you would like.

Please let me know, and I will follow up with a phone call to make sure all is well.

Anthony B.
Nashport, OH
2015 Hyundai Veloster
09/11/2016 Category: Service
Committed to customer service.
Jeff went out of his way to make sure I had a good experience!

09/11/2016 Category: Service
Fast and courteous
Made my appointment by text. Arrived, checked in and was out within an hour.
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 09/12/2016

We appreciate the response and please let me know what we could have done better to get a 5 star rating. We strive so hard for those stars.

Thank you for your business, and hoping to hear about some possible suggestions as to how we could have achieved a 5 star rating from you.

Joe D.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
07/24/2016 Category: Service
Wheel bearing
Issue was quickly resolved.

07/24/2016 Category: Service
Warranty and maintenance issues
Problems not corrected and vehicle worse off after I picked it up.
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 07/25/2016

Thank you for bringing the vehicle back in this morning. We do have to order a part, it seems as though when the nut for the half shaft was put back on it did not seat and was causing an issue.
We have ordered the new part and your vehicle should be back to you tomorrow. In the mean time if you need a rental car for transportation we will be more than glad to provide you with one.

Columbus, OH
2012 Hyundai Azera
06/25/2016 Category: Service
Great people

06/25/2016 Category: Service
Great people
Would like better update while vehicle is being serviced
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 06/28/2016

It always alerts us to potential issues in our service department when we get a 3 star rating. I am hoping that there were some circumstances centering around this service. I would like to extend my apology for the time wait, hoping we offered you a rental car if it took 24 hours to get your vehicle finished. Be assured that this is not the norm for our department, and I extend my serious apology for the inconvenience that we bestowed upon you. Hopefully we will earn your business in the future.

MATTHEW R.
New Holland, OH
12/31/2015 Category: Service
Issue not resolved by Dealership!
I resolved the issue myself since I never received a call back with a resolution like I was promised. This what should have been a simple resolution for them cost me $200.

12/31/2015 Category: Service
Poor repair service!
Should have followed the warranty coverage procedures rather than trying to do a cheap fix! Now the cheap fix will cost me $200! That was not necessary!
JESSICA D., Parts & Service Director from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/04/2016

I apologize for the misunderstanding Matthew. Our service manager will be calling your wife this afternoon if we don't hear from her by then. I am confident we will be able to make things right for you and your wife!

Jessica Dalton
Parts & Service Director
(740) 773-2203

Richard C.
2019 Hyundai Tucson
12/12/2019 Category: Service
Great place
Great Service and home like atmosphere.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/12/2019

Well those are kind words. Come visit us often in service and don't forget Hyundai for your next vehicle purchase.

Britney S.
Jackson, OH
12/10/2019 Category: Service
Great place
Never had any issues. Happy with my experiences
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/10/2019

Well that makes me happy then also. Thanks for the comment and thanks for your business.

Ronald W.
12/06/2019 Category: Service
Great people provide 5 star service in all depts
everything is 5 star …...EXCEPT.....$60 cabin air filters and $30 air cleaners, this is hiway robbery!!!
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/09/2019

I will look into pricing. Many times pricing is dictated by HMA. Thanks for the input though and I will pass it along. Thanks for your business.