4.6

Overall Rating 4.5892848/5Overall Rating 4.5892848/5Overall Rating 4.5892848/5Overall Rating 4.5892848/5rating 4.5892848
Overall Rating 2.2321421/5Overall Rating 2.2321421/5rating 2.2321421rating 2.2321421rating 2.2321421

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
08/20/2019 Category: Service
Horrible service
All around horrible service and the problem still remains
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 08/21/2019

Please give me a call to discuss the issue you are still having- I will do whatever is in my power to resolve the issue!

Chante W.
Middletown, DE
2016 Hyundai Elantra
08/06/2019 Category: Service
The safety of my family was left in danger!
My car stalls without warning. After paying a diagnostic fee and renting a car, nothing was found and I was set home. Car now stalls at least twice daily-- no matter the speed. Was told it's "good news" since no codes show, but they are not able to find the issue. No other shop will service due to the level of danger in the event they are not able to fix. I bought this car, from this dealership with just six miles on it. I am now stuck trying to Google and YouTube how to fix this issue before harm comes to my family or others around us. UNACCEPTABLE!
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 08/06/2019

When last we spoke, I gave you my personal assurance that we would do what we can to get to the bottom of the problem with your vehicle- We had set up an appointment for you to drop the car with us on 7-31 so that I could drive it in an attempt to replicate the stalling concern. We cannot find the problem with out the vehicle here, and I would never turn you away!
I left a voice message for you- Please return my call.

CF
Chandra F.
05/22/2019 Category: Service
Unnecessary batter
I have already provided my grievance on a previous entry of this survey
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 05/23/2019

Thank You for taking my call earlier- I just want to re assure you that we truly do try to look out for your best interest and you should never feel pressured to get any service. If there is anything that I can ever do to assist in your automotive needs, Please give me a call.

2011 Hyundai Elantra
10/26/2018 Category: Service
Poor Communication - Ok Service
Was not happy with lack of communication. Service was alright.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 10/26/2018

I have sent an email to the address we have on file, I would love to speak with you about your recent service visit- We do strive to provide outstanding service with every visit- looks like we did not live up to that with this visit- If you get a moment please call me so that I may better understand what happened and how we can make things right!!

CD
Christopher D.
09/21/2018 Category: Service
Nick and Jeff went out of their way to ensure a great customer experience.
Service department and service manager took care of my recent issue with a customer-first approach. Very satisfied!

09/21/2018 Category: Service
Poor customer service strategy; unaware of the things that could build long-term customer relationships
Found out during this visit that an issue that was identified at my 100k service (a worn steering coupler was found while I was having my brake pads and rotors replaced) would now cost $350 to fix, but Hyundai had extended the warranty coverage to 100K miles and at the time of that service I was a few hundred miles past that so they did not address it. It is now an issue where the noise and steering vibration when turning is much worse, but I've been told it is not a safety issue.

Showing some type of customer courtesy at that time even though I was just past the warranty, or even on this visit when I raised it, and doing the repair (it's an $18 part!) would have shown good will and ensured a customer for life. But instead, they chose to strictly follow the mileage limit even though I confirmed with Hyundai Customer Service that the service managers can use their discretion in these situations.

After taking my car there for service 9 times and spending over $2,000 since buying the vehicle new, I will now go to Porter for all my service needs, as well as when I look to upgrade to my next Hyundai.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 09/22/2018

Thank you for the feedback, unfortunately, I cannot change things in the past and I can assure you I take out motto of "World Class" customer service seriously.

Glenside, PA
08/13/2018 Category: Service
Charles was friendly, understanding and accommodating
Although I would not recommend this, I was runnning late to my appointment. I thought there was no way I’d be seen, but Charles was understanding and welcoming. He did a great job of explaining what was going on, and accommodated my guest and I in the beautiful waiting room. Charles and his manager Jeff provided grade A customer service!

08/13/2018 Category: Service
The woman in the service department is terrible
One of the worst interactions I’ve ever had!
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 08/16/2018

Please give me a call when you get a chance- I am very committed to providing outstanding service for all that come through our doors-
Thank You!!

HT
Helen T.
08/08/2018 Category: Service
Poor service experience
Although I dropped off my car and did not wait for it, it shouldn’t take 7 hours for an oil change and tire rotation. It was very inconvenient.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 08/09/2018

I have left a message on your voice mail for you, Please give me a call to discuss your recent service visit. My goal is to ensure all of our customers are completely satisfied with their service here at Hertrich Hyundai. I can be reached at 302-323-1100.
Hertrich Hyundai

07/19/2018 Category: Service
Big Enough to Apologize
After going over our vehicle with the tech, Jeff the service manager, and Gary Green from Allstate and realizing that neither the service nor the tech.were to blame for the vehicle's condition and the subsequent car fire, I wholeheartedly apologize for the disparaging remarks that I made rushing to judgement of your service.

Christine S.

07/19/2018 Category: Service
HORRIBLE SERVICE
Brought my 2011 Sonata in for routine oil change. Long story short, on the drive home (15mi) the vehicle caught fire due to negligence on the service department. Do yourself a favor, find another service department who hires qualified personnel.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 07/19/2018

I am truly sorry you have had to go through this and am very glad that no one was hurt- After inspecting the vehicle with your insurance representative we have come to the same finding that this was not something that we could have seen or prevented with the service that was done. I stand behind my technicians and the work that they perform, I will be your advocate and work to make your vehicle whole again through Hyundai. I will be in touch through the process.

SJ
Sandra J.
06/28/2018
Jeff and Nick made things right
Problems solved. Left the dealership feeling like a VALUED customer. Thanks guys! Enjoy the holiday weekend.

06/28/2018
SOMEWHAT DISAPPOINTED SOONER THAN I THOUGHT
I've only had my 2015 Sonata since 6/6/18 and already it's counting down to service needed within 30 days?!?! I haven't even owned the car for 30 days and it needs maintenance? Aren't the cars serviced before being put on the lot for sale? After week 1 of having the car, I started having tire pressure issues and they continue to date, 6/28/18. Haven't even made the first car payment yet. I was promised a call back from service today. At 4:45, I'm still waiting. Not a happy customer at this point.!! This relationship may be short-term!!
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 06/29/2018

If you are having an issue with the Service department, Please give me a call-

06/28/2018 Category: Service
Service Recall
Brought the car in for a recall and oil change. Car was damaged. Jeff the service manager and Charles were great. They handled things quick and made things right for me. Greatly appreciated.

06/28/2018 Category: Service
Recall
Brought my car in for a recall repair and oil change and vehicle was damaged when I picked it up.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 06/28/2018

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me about your concerns. We look forward to seeing you soon.

2010 Hyundai Tucson
06/21/2018 Category: Service
Horrible!!
I will never again take my car to that dealership or any other dealership. All these people do is rip off their customers!
I had the transmission serviced less than 3 months ago and the car breaks down because the clutch gives out due to the lack of fluids. Funny how everything was ok for over 80 thousand miles and a couple thousand miles after the service the car is broken....hmmmm. The dealership wanted $2500 for repairs and couldn't keep their story straight as to what the charges would be. This is not the first time I had a bad experience with them, but this one was significant enough to write a review for. No more business with Heartrich Hyundai!!!
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 06/26/2018

Thank you for taking the time to take our survey, I am currently researching this issue and will address it upon completion.

Kenneth S.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
06/14/2018 Category: Service
Did not fix my issue right away
My reported issue was not fixed after two days of work. Service accommodation is good but quality of work done is less than desirable. Normally I am fairly satisfied with Hertrich's service work even if the price is a bit high in my opinion. But this last issue throws the quality of the technicians work into question.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 06/14/2018

We have finally resolved the issue. I appreciate your patience on this repair and hope we have been able to restore your faith.

Thank You!!

DA
Doris A.
Smyrna, DE
05/06/2018
POOR SERVICE DEPARTMENT
Do not go here for service. They accused me of lying about work I had done for the second time. I caught them in another two lies. First they tried to get me to do a tune up which I was pretty sure I did because I always get everything done that is supposed to be done. Then I have been having an ongoing issue with tire sensor light. I have replaced the sensor and after that I even brought it back in for the same issue only to be told that the tires were just low because of temperature changes. I brought it in for service on November 17, 2017 regarding the tire sensor and was told the tires were just low. So now they come back and tell me that the sensor light needs to be replaced and I didn't ever have them replaced. Keep in mind that I have kept a log every time the light comes on. Donna the service advisor clearly doesn't know anything because I tell her i have had them done. She was rude and says no you didn't. So to me she is accusing me of lying and I was very upset. So as I tell Donna ok you know what I am done just give me my paperwork so I can get out of here and pay. I wasn't going to stand there and listen to her accuse me of lying. Jeff the service manager then rushes over and says lets go into my office and talk. So he says I looked as well and didn't see that you replaced the tire sensor. I said well can you look at the detailed version because Donna gave me one but it is useless because it doesn't go into details. Jeff was nice but still I am annoyed. So as I am in his office he says you had 4 new tires and then you got 2 new tires in 3 months. I said no that doesn't even make any sense. I always replace all four. Common sense tells you why would a person replace all 4 and then come back in three months and replace 2???? GUESS WHAT? He looks into the ticket and i did replace two sensors. But of course now the warrant has expired. But I say to him I have been bringing it in for years now because of the tire sensor coming on and it is for the same tire so it could have been the sensor all along. Of course now I am going to have to pay for the sensor when I feel as though I shouldn't. Of course he doesn't charge me for the 63 dollar oil change. But I will have to replace the sensor which will cost me $202 which I feel as though i shouldn't have to pay for since the tire sensor could have been faulty all along but I kept being told that was not the case. I moved on because clearly I wasn't getting anywhere with the tire sensor. I said Donna told me I needed a tune up but I am pretty sure I had that done. SO GUESS WHAT HE FINDS? Yes I did have it done so clearly she tried to charge me for it again. Glad I am on top of things. Donna was very rude and lacks customer service. She accused me of lying on two different services that I had done. beware of her she tries to get you to do things you already have done. Also, I was talking to her about how horrible KUHMO tires are and I was telling her how I had to replace them earlier because of bubbling. She then says well you must have hit a pot hole. I was like NO!!!! Obviously where Hertrich gets there tires are not good. Obviously Hertrich must have a contract with KUHMO tires because they always push them. My point is that they cannot be trusted and be very aware of Donna because she is rude and lacks a lot of customer service skills. She doesn't look into the system thoroughly. She tries to get you to do work that you have already done and then says it is not in the system when it is. My trust is broken which is sad because I have been coming here since 2003 and we have always bought our cars here. I live in Smyrna and make the drive here to give them business but now they have lost a long time customer who spends a lot of money here. I do no need to spend money here and be treated this way. Clearly they are all about money and not the customer.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 05/07/2018

I would like to speak with you about your recent service visit- we truley care about you and your vehicle and I would like a chance to prove that.

TF
Tracy F.
04/23/2018 Category: Service
UGH!
This service area is in dire need of improvement. Please see my previous comment for additional information.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 04/24/2018

I have tried to reach out to you about your recent service visit, I would really like to talk to you about it- Our goal is to provide World Class service, It sounds like we fell far short of that goal with your last visit. Please take a moment to call me at 302-323-1100.
Hertrich of New Castle

Raymond W.
Selbyville, DE
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/22/2018 Category: Service

03/22/2018 Category: Service
Mistake in rating — rating 5 star
Service staff was eager to make our customer experience the best possible. I mistakenly rated this experience a 1. We have always had a good experience
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 03/22/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your recent service visit. We do take these things seriously, we strive for world class service and will use your feedback to improve our process.

Hertrich of New Castle

OG
Oscarine G.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
03/13/2018 Category: Service
Horrible
I go in for a oil change and tire rotation as soon as you walk in they try selling a package deal for three hundred dollars say no next thing your vehicle needs a battery that cost 310.00..I feel like since this new service guy has been there I get ripped off because I'm a woman.I think it's a disgrace and I will never purchase another Hyundai and they will never get my money again.
JEFF T. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 03/16/2018

I would love to speak with you about your recent service visit. We strive to give world class service and make recommendations based on mileage and needs based on tech findings. Please call me to discuss your concerns.

Hertrich Hyundai

2014 Hyundai Genesis Co
02/23/2018 Category: Service
Awful
Awful
David W. from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 02/24/2018

I left a voice mail to discuss the survey.  I would greatly appreciate if you would give me a call back.

David Walters
Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle
(302)323-1100
dwalters@hertrichs.com

Sean C.
Elkton, MD
02/13/2018 Category: Service
Fix my ar
Engine continues to have issue
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 02/14/2018

It was a pleasure speaking with you and we'll see you in the am to resolve this issue.

Richard M.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
02/06/2018 Category: Service
Issues upon issues
I've had issues with all the vehicle I've bought from this dealer. I've also had issues with all departments. I used to recommend the dealership to everyone but now I don't recommend it to anyone.
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 02/08/2018

I have reached out by phone to speak to you about your most recent service visit. Please feel free to contact me here at the store.

PS
Punit S.
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
01/28/2018 Category: Service
Didn't know what I was charged for over the phone
Worst service ever. Will not come back for anything first and last. I thought Hyundai was a lot better when it comes to dealing with their customers.
Robert S., Service Manager from Hertrich Hyundai of New Castle responded on 01/29/2018

I have reaached out by phone to discuss your service visit with us. Please feel free to contact me here at the store so we may discuss.