BP
BRANTLEY P.
Chevrolet Express Cargo Van
05/22/2019
Very Dishonest
I dropped my vehicle off because it had a check engine light come on. Turn on to be my transmission was slipping. He ran a diagnostic check for $99 on my vehicle. He said it did not look very good the transmission had a lot of issues. He had a bright idea to take down the pan. He found metal shrapnel in the pan. By then he already charged me $426. Well he should charge it was $99 or a fractions that stick down the pants. I'm not very happy you took advantage of me. Very just honest customer service
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 05/24/2019

Mr, we have been as transparent with you as we can be. We discussed that your transmission has metal debris in the pan indicating that the assembly will require replacement. In addition, we talked about how the fluid was found to be burnt and a solenoid was malfunctioning. You requested a temporary solution to get you by for a couple days and we were very honest about the risks you would be absorbing in proceeding with simply cleaning out the pan and changing the filter.

704-889-5289
The finest compliment I can ever receive is a referral from my friends and customers.

RD
Ron D.
Hummer H3
03/29/2016
Last Vist to Hi Tech Auto, not Happy !!!!
I have been using Hi Tech Auto for 10 years, always 5 star rating. I pass by 10 auto repair shops from my house to your location but always use your. In the past month I spent over $1000.00 at your location and the last time I needed a battery for my car I was told the only one available was $245.00, I was not going to spend $245.00 for a battery so I drove to the car repair shop down the street from my house on Rea Rd and went to the Goodyear dealer and got a battery for $130.00.
When I pulled into the parking lot I backed up between the white lines but a power pole guide wire was right on the line and did $500.00 worth of damage to my bumper.
As far as I am concerned this would never have happened if the guide wire was blocked or marked.
I am very upset about what happened to my car.
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 04/01/2016

Ron,
I apologize for the negative experience you had with us recently. I have heard that Kamal spoke to you on the phone concerning the power pole wire, so I wanted to specifically apologize to you for the misunderstanding over the battery price. In our system, only one battery option came up for your vehicle when I searched, which incidentally turned out to be what's called an 'AGM' battery which typically runs around twice the price of a conventional battery. I was unaware of this at the time, but Kamal has since informed me of my mistake. At the time, I also didn't know another source to explore for a better price for a conventional battery. I don't want you to think I was attempting to decieve you because we typically check one source for our batteries and it seemed to only present one option which was an AGM battery. I greatly apologize for my misunderstanding over the battery. We appreciate your loyalty with us for all these years, and hope you may give us another shot to get it right.

Best regards,
Emil

KL
Khasim L.
12/13/2018
Expensive
People are honest but the charges looked expensive
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 12/14/2018

Sorry you were not satisfied with the pricing. Our prices for your vehicle are compatible with area pricing for a full synthetic oil change. We also offer synthetic blend like most dealer at about half the price of a full synthetic.

Stacey C.
Clover, SC
08/04/2017 Category: Service
Stacey said she was not greeted upon arrival and she had to wait for about a half hour before anyone inquired as to why she was there.

SR
Syed R.
Kia Sedona
02/22/2017 Category: Service
Syed said the prices at the business were a little more expensive compared to other places, and for this reason he would not recommend them to others.
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 02/23/2017

Hello Syed,

The price for a state inspection is set by the state of north carolina and that is exactly what you pay and also the only service we ever performed on your vehicle.
If we quote you prices for any service or repair that is higher than you expected I'm sorry but we try to use OEM parts for most of our jobs which is a little higher but is significantly lower than most dealer which in turn lower our warranty/return rate,
if you request cheaper parts for some jobs we may be able to accommodate your request but will advise you of the consequence for doing so.

JADER M.
BMW 323is
05/29/2015
Expensive repair this time, not completed!
The job requested was 3 main issues, 2 were fixed, the last one a noise under engine and clutch that cause vibration. Were unable to fix it once and for all. It's way to noisy to discharge a car and expensive this time.
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 05/29/2015

Mr. Marin,

We are sorry that the repairs for the 2 issues that were fixed ended up being so costly. This was primarily due to the amount of damage that occured when your gear linkage failed. The gear linkage fell into the path of the driveshaft which created a great deal of destruction/damage that needed to be contended with. We are glad that these issues are fixed for you though.

However, as far as the third issue fix that you declined at this time, please understand that to pinpoint the exact cause of this issue would require removal of the transmission, like we discussed. If/when you are ready for the magnitude and expense of this repair, please let us know and we will try our best to make this repair cost as affordable as possible.

If you have any questions about this, please give us a call at the number below and we can discuss any issues you may still have.

Your Service Team @ Hi-Tech

GH
Geraldine H.
Lexus LS 400
10/28/2017 Category: Service
Geraldine said she kept getting the same text over and over and over.

HS
Hafeez S.
04/04/2017 Category: Service
Hafeez said the cost was too high.
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 04/10/2017

Hello Hafeez,

I'm sorry that I couldn't persuade you to do the job with our shop but the price I quote you is below market price in this area. for example the radiator I quoted you $310 part and labor here and $284 part and labor at my other shop in charlotte but just down the street from me the same job is $348

Janet W.
Jeep Liberty
03/17/2017 Category: Service
Janet said the business did a good job, the rates were good, and they finished in a timely manner. They did work on the radiator, and the headlight went out. She was charged an extra $10 for labor to replace the light. Kamal was nice, but she would have liked it if she was provided with options before any of the work was performed.
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 03/24/2017

Hello Janet,
When you came back a few days later and said that the head light on the driver side was out and it might be related to the radiator work we did, I took the light bulb out to verify that it wasn't related (burnt bulb) and the actual labor  according to the service manual is $27 labor but you were charged only $10. as a curtsy but you can stop by anytime and I will refund you the whole amount including the cost of the bulb. I'm very sorry that you were unhappy with my service.

TJ
Tariq J.
Concord, NC
12/26/2016 Category: Service
Tariq said the problem with his vehicle has not been solved.
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 12/27/2016

Hello Mr Jackson,

Sorry for the misunderstanding but the last time you were here we did not fix anything and you were not charge for anything.
As I explained to you that the cold air intake and the K&N filter is most likely causing your problem because of the leaks and oil contamination on the air flow sensor.

Corey H.
North Carolina
12/19/2015 Category: Service
Corey said the business took longer than he expected. He brought in his vehicle around 8 am and they did not start on his vehicle until 10 am. They did not have any explanation as to why they started late. He was unsure of their diagnose as well.

LL
Lucas L.
Mazda 3
12/15/2015 Category: Service
Lucas said the business charged him $3000 for the repairs and the problem was not fixed. They did not diagnose the problem correctly, but they did other work. He would only recommend someone there if they already knew what was wrong with their vehicle.
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 12/28/2015

Hi Lucas. We were not able to perform a diagnostic for the issue you mentioned because we were not able to duplicate the issue in order to observe and test it. The rest of the work we performed was at your request and was completed to your satisfaction as you mentioned to us. You were not charged for a diagnostic on the other issue in question.
If the issue you are having is now occurring, feel free to bring it to us so that we can observe it and perform a diagnostic to accurately determine the source of the issue.

Your Service Team @ Hi-Tech

MARK W.
Chevrolet Cruze
07/06/2020
It's All About Trust!!
Understood what services were needed an offered an affordable price. Highly recommend.

AP

MAtTHEW C.
Honda S2000
04/30/2019
Good, honest, friendly shop
It's not much to look at, but it's a reliable family owned shop, and has always treated me fairly and honestly. Shop rates are good, and the owner always takes time to explain the issues.

Only down side is the basic waiting area. No free coffee, but there is wifi.
Kamal & Zena K. from Hi Tech Automotive Pineville responded on 04/30/2019

Thank you for your time to review us.  We do appreciate it.