Hillsboro Village Auto Service Review from Ann H. on 10/26/2017

Ann H. ReScore Review on 10/26/2017
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Great Customer Service"
I had an issue and the owner personally called me, explained the situation in detail, and resolved my issue. I appreciate you taking the time to call and work it out. Great customer service.
Vehicle: Honda Element
Service Date: 10/23/2017
Review Created: 10/26/2017 06:01 AM

"Rip Off"
I brought my car to Hillsboro Village Auto Service after having to call AAA to get my car started. I assumed since AAA partnered with Hillsboro Auto that it would be an okay place to get my car serviced. I told them exactly what was wrong with my car and what it needed, a new starter. I got a call that it would be over $900.00 to fix my starter and for a new battery. Shocked, I told them no thank you. Even though I told them what was wrong with my car and i simply needed a price quote, they still charged my $70 for telling me the price quote. This is outrageous. If that wasn't annoying enough, I got my car serviced that very next day at a different mechanic for a $254 (total, parts and labor); less than one third of what Hillsboro Auto quoted me at. I feel that Hillsboro Auto attempted to rip me off. Luckily my car started and I was able to take it to a different shop. Hillsboro Village Auto Service: Please feel free to contact me to refund me my $70.
Vehicle: Honda Element
Service Date: 10/23/2017
Review Created: 10/26/2017 06:01 AM
Crystal I., Owner at Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 10/26/2017

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me over the phone. And address your concerns.

Crystal I., Owner at Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 10/26/2017

We talked through the repair and discussed the starter we were quoting was an OEM part. We also discussed that my cost on theĀ part was more expensive then the total estimateĀ from the alternative shop. We offer a 4yr/48k warrenty, and the reason we can do this is the quality of parts we use on repairs. We also discussed the billed hours for our three ASE Master technicians. We reviewed our book hours and confirmed that they were on target for the needed repair. We had also determined a new battery was needed during our diagnostic. We are glad you found a cost model that worked well for your needs.