Overall Rating 2.599998/5Overall Rating 2.599998/5rating 2.599998rating 2.599998rating 2.599998

Michael B.
Grayson, GA
02/16/2019
Great service and quality work
I wrote an initial review very favorably but indicated that I thought prices had increased and I was wrong.

I’ve had great service from Mike and his team and will definitely be back.

02/16/2019
Great service as usual
Holden took care of my vehicle, which was broken down. I've used Holden for quite some time and trust his shop unconditionally to take care of my vehicles.

However, I've noticed the prices creeping up on standard services such as brakes and other services. Unfortunately, the prices are likely to make me shop around more aggressively.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 02/25/2019

Thank you for your rsponse, Michael. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our work. However, our prices have not increased for at least 6 years. We have had the same price on maintanence services for a very long time. Anytime you have a question, just ask us at time of service and we will be happy to show you.

GB
Greg B.
Nissan Sentra
01/31/2019
Replaced my Struts
Mike, thank you for getting to the bottom of the problem with my car. As I told you I was going to take the car to the dealer until you personally called me. It's Feb 27 now and no problem any more. I also appreciate your personal attention to make time to ride with me to my home and drive the car back to your shop so you could hear the 'popping' sound for yourself. I will just say to anyone reading this, Mike is a stand up guy who cares about his customers and his business. If you are reading reviews and come across this one, I recommend him and his crew at Holden's Automotive.

01/31/2019
Replaced my Struts
I brought my car in because when I turned my steering wheel I heard popping sounds. I paid $1,000 for you to replace my front struts. The popping sound persists when I turn the steering wheel same as it did before I brought it to your shop. You replaced my rack and pinion a year and half ago and I've no problems. I'm not sure how or why you got this one wrong but that's a lot of money to pay to be left with a car that has the exact same problem now as it did when I brought it in. So I'm not going to answer No to the next question of would I recommend you to a friend, at this point.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 02/15/2019

Thank you Greg for bringing your vehicle back in for us to rectify the noise issue. Although we did hear a noise from the struts, that was not all the issues and we apologize for not catching that the first time. Gary spoke to you after you picked up your car from us the second time and you said that all noises were gone so thank you for allowing us to correct the issue. Although we are not perfect, we are always going to be fair and honest. If there is ever any issue in the future, just commuicate that to us and we will correct it.

Marianne M.
Georgia
Honda Accord
05/17/2018 Category: Service
Marianne said the business called her to explain that they still do provide transportation to customers, and she is free to request it any time she needs it.

05/17/2018 Category: Service
Marianne said they used to give her a ride home and pick her up. They have eliminated it.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 05/21/2018

I apologize for the confusion Marianne. As I said in our conversation about this, we have not eliminated that part of our service. We only have 4 people in our shop so we dont just assume people need a ride home. Customers have to ask for a ride and we will do our best to accomodate. The day you came in since you didnt ask, we didnt know you needed a ride. But we do prefer that customers secure a ride from someone else because when we provide transportation it takes a tech away from working on another customers car for that amount of time. In the future just let us know when you make your appointment that you will be needing transportation and we will arrange that for you.

Sonia B.
Loganville, GA
09/16/2017
Oil change price
Due to personal finance struggle I over-reached to the price of the oil change. I trust Mike Holden completely and will continue letting him service my car

09/16/2017
Was very surprised how much more an oil change costs!
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 09/18/2017

Hey Sonia, I am happy that you are satisfied with our service still and price was the only issue. Yes, as I stated on the phone, we raised our oil change price 3 years ago and it has been that same price since. It was good to talk to you since I didnt get to see you when you came in. I have enjoyed our friendship over the years and look forward to many years to come.

RJ
Rachel J.
Georgia
Nissan Rogue
03/14/2015 Category: Service
Rachel said this business refunded half of the money she spent for service, which was satisfactory and resolved her initial dissatisfaction.

03/14/2015 Category: Service
Rachel said she expected the business to be more willing to help. She said she compared the prices after she had the service, and their prices were expensive.She will not recommend them for this reason.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 03/23/2015

Thank you for your review Rachel. We had an excellent conversation today about your issues and I am happy to see that we were able to understand each other and I look forward to doing more business with you in the future.
Michael Holden

Covington, GA
GMC Yukon
12/06/2019
Problem solved!
My vehicle is at the age where many things are beginning to need repair or replacement. I've used several mechanics in the area, but I'm thankful to have found Holden's Automotive. They fixed the problem correctly the first time and for a reasonable cost. I appreciate the way they discuss the cost before doing the work (I've had this elsewhere), and they gave advice on what they'd do if it were their car. Their advice saved me money, which means they didn't make as much. They were honest, and for that I'll return.

SP
Shanna P.
11/30/2019
Consistent Honest Service
It is such a blessing to know that when I take my car to Holden’s Automotive that I never have to worry about them doing more than needed. They service the car honestly and call you and explain the situation when they find more issues. Our last visit was this situation and I never once questioned if I was being taken. It is such a blessing and comfort! Thank you!!

ME
Marquea E.
11/29/2019 Category: Service
Marquea said the business had very quick service and the staff was very nice.

TG
Tony G.
Mitsubishi Galant
11/27/2019
COOLANT LEAK
We noticed a small puddle of a greenish-yellow colored fluid, underneath the Galant a few days ago. Drove the car to Holden's Automotive and had them check it. They discovered that the Radiator was leaking at the top, and two coolant lines needed to be replaced. The work was accomplished and completed the next day. And, as always it was done according to Holden's Top-standards and with the utmost quality attention to details. We don't take our vehicles to anyone else but Holden's. Peace of mind knowing that the repairs were done correctly, and we were charged a fair price for the work needing to be completed. Thanks Mike for what you and your crew does in keeping our cars on the road!

Randy H.
11/21/2019
Fast service. Honesty. Fair price.
Had a problem over the weekend. Left the car in Holden's lot and dropped the key in the overnight slot. Got a call from Mike Monday morning to tell me what needed to be done. Car was ready for pick-up at end of day.

John B.
Toyota Matrix
11/20/2019 Category: Service
John said the employees were great, they did a great job, they were honest, they were quick and he couldn't ask for better service.

CK
Christine K.
11/19/2019
trustworthy & detaile oriented
I absolutely trust Mike and his team with any of my cars. I've had nothing but good experiences at this place.

Dawn B.
Monroe, GA
11/16/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Phillip. He said the business's owner, Mike, went above and beyond for him, that he was very informative and gave him options. He stated Mike is very personable and that he would like to thank the place for the professionalism.

GR
George R.
Grayson, GA
11/14/2019
Worn out sway bar bushings
A quick and accurate repair at a fair price as always.

Dean M.
11/13/2019
timely service
Had my car in for a transmission service. It was performed quickly and I was able to get back to work.
thanks

Corey B.
Loganville, GA
Jeep Compass
11/10/2019
Great Service!
I’ve had my car serviced here a few times and I always received great and timely service. They always check with me if anything changes in their examination. Any issues with my car I will bring it to them first.

TF
Tom F.
Chevrolet El Camino
11/10/2019
El Camino choke
Kept the El Camino until they were sure the choke problem was solved.

LH
Larry H.
11/07/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Susan. She said the service is always very good.

Acura Integra
11/05/2019
Holden’s
Holden’s is the best auto repair shop. They are very knowledgeable and honest. I had problems in the past with other auto repair shops but never at Holden’s. Thank you Mr Holden and staff for such outstanding service.

Monika D.
Pontiac G3
10/29/2019 Category: Service
Monika said Mike is always honest, tells her what's wrong with her vehicle, fixes it and gets her right back on the road.