MO
Michael O.
Atco, NJ
12/16/2019
2019 Sonata SEL Issues-No communication -Not Happy
Bought a 2019 Hyundai Sonata SEL in September in shop for over 30 days to fix problem,it vibates /shakes on highway at 70-75 mph.After 20 days I was told by Bradley H. and Dan they were getting me into a new car on email/text/ and verbal. Then GM Mike McErlean steps in and wants to know the problem (its been their over 25 days now,way to be on top of your business)he know is going to get the best mechanic on it...great service....7 days later no communication again... told to pick up car, they feel the vibration/Shaking and other owners have also on this model but they cannot fix it,they know its a problem with the SEL because they drove a new one on their lot same results .But now I am stuck with it and for me to contact Hyundai direct or Lemon law told by their people at Hyundai CIty.... We have 5 Hyundais right now in my family and this is the service you get!!!!Total disgrace (each department blamed each other ,never no follow up,lie after lie)Never heard from service Manager throughout process....

Eastampton Township, NJ
2016 Hyundai Elantra
12/12/2019 Category: Service
Overall service
Refer to previous comments
SCOTT M. from Hyundai City responded on 12/16/2019

This was a misunderstanding and miscommunication

Marline C.
Delran, NJ
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/31/2019 Category: Service
Wasted Time
Waited entirely to long for oil change, no explanation
SCOTT M. from Hyundai City responded on 10/31/2019

The customers perception of time is way off. He was written at 7:45 am, the vehicle got in at 8am when the techs start work. We did an oil chabge, tire rotation and 27 point check. The vehicle was released by 9:15am.

Michael H.
Camden, NJ
10/23/2019 Category: Service
Terrible experience
I came in to do a system update. When I dropped off my car no one explained to me exactly what the update was or what it did. When I received my car back the back up camera no longer worked. After telling them about the back up camera they said that I would have to pay $500 to get it repaired even tho it worked perfectly fine before dropping off to them.
SCOTT M. from Hyundai City responded on 10/28/2019

Explained that the 953 has nothing to do with the camera. He disagrees.

LD
Linda D.
Wrightstown, NJ
09/09/2019
Disappointed
Disappointed with my last service visit. Brought my 2007 Sante Fe in complaining
Of a strange noise in the rear of my car. Unfortunately they didn't remove any rear tires to check and only did a road test. I was told to come back when the noise gets louder.
Unhappy with that response, I took my car to my local tire shop. They pulled the rear tires and advised that I needed bearings in my left rear wheel.
Unfortunately,this is the second time the service dept. has disappointed me. The first
Was they missed that I needed tires, tread was down to steel belts.

Roseland, NJ
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/20/2019 Category: Service
N/A
Sales is great but service needs improvement no comuincation with each other
SCOTT M. from Hyundai City responded on 08/28/2019

There is no explanation of what happened. Customer has returned so that we can figure out the issue.

Trenton, NJ
08/06/2019 Category: Service
Unsatisfactory service and poor turnaround time
Regrettably, I have to say my experience overall was frustrating and extremely disappointing.

I was bringing in my car to assess a crack in my windshield to determine if it was a stress crack that would be covered under my warranty and to diagnose/fix a noise generated by my air conditioning when turning it on.

I was informed that the AC assessment was something that had to be performed during the week and could not be done on the weekend. For this reason, I took this past Friday off and made an 8:00 service appointment.

Upon arriving Friday morning I was informed that it would take approximately 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I was not offered a loaner car and rather than wait for this length of time, I was forced to take an Uber home and back which cost me $60 out of pocket.

Approximately 4 hours later, at about 12:00, I called the service department for a status update and estimate of when the work might be finished. I was informed that they were still looking at the car and they would call me with an update once complete. I was finally contacted at 1:30 and informed that they determined the crack in my windshield was not a stress crack and not covered under my warranty (which was not the consensus I received from my local repair shop). In addition and perhaps more frustrating, they informed me that they could not duplicate the noise that was described. This to me was shocking because the car generates this noise on queue when turning on the AC. Furthermore, it leads me to question what was being done with my car for 5 1/2 hours.

Upon arrival back at the dealership, the technician accompanied me to my car and on queue the noise from the AC was clearly identified. The technician advised that he was not hearing that before, but immediately knew the part that they needed to order without looking any further into the car. I am awaiting confirmation on when the part arrives, but I have to say given the level of attention my car received, I am not confident this will resolve the issue.

Again, I have to say my experience was very unsatisfactory. I would not recommend this service department and would not be returning if not for the trouble that I have already gone through. Beyond that, one of the selling points that led me to purchase a Hyundai was the warranty. The fact that a crack in my windshield would only be covered if determined that it was a stress crack (which seems like a very subjective assessment process) and these are problems occurring in a car less than 4 years old, I don’t believe I will continue purchasing Hyundai’s in the future.
SCOTT M. from Hyundai City responded on 08/07/2019

The windshield is due to outside influence. The other issue was not found by tech but was found with customer. This customer has his own shop for maintenance and never comes to the dealer for maintenance, only warranty work. This is not a loyal customer.

GW
Gregory W.
Cinnaminson, NJ
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
08/01/2019 Category: Service
Terrible Service
Took 3 weeks to diagnose Sonata Hybrid in December 2018 and 2 week to diagnose it again in July 2019
SCOTT M. from Hyundai City responded on 08/05/2019

Hybrids are not always easy to diagnose, it took time for that reason and also being short handed on technicians.

Jessica H.
Willingboro, NJ
06/20/2019 Category: Service
Rude and unprofessional
Took my 2017 Tucson night edition in for recall. Service and technician argued with me that I had after market rims on the car. I told them that I bought the car brand new. They next told me that the dealer I bought the car had to modify the car. I told them still not right that is how the night edition came and tried to show them the same car from the Hyundai website. Didn’t want to hear a word.

BA
Bonnie A.
Palmyra, NJ
06/19/2019 Category: Service
the mechanics need anger management classes
will not take my vehicle back there to be services and this was my 5th Hyundai and it will be my last
SCOTT M. from Hyundai City responded on 06/19/2019

Customer was extremely rude to our staff, cursing and telling us what to do while using the "F" word. He is not welcome back to our dealership.

Freehold, NJ
03/27/2019 Category: Service
Awful and unprofessional service
The service representatives are incompetent and extremely unprofessional. I will never return here and I would not recommend this place to anybody. Sad and frustrating.

Palmyra, NJ
11/14/2018 Category: Service
My first and last Hyundai
Service did work without my permission. Still don't know what I paid for.

Jodi H.
Bensalem, PA
11/01/2018
Death Trap!!!! Dealership didn't CARE!!!
Search: 1zvbp8an4a5164673 2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Coupe Detailed Pricing $11,599

I bought it and had it less than 24 hours, the dealer had to pick it up, they kept it for 3 weeks and return it back to me worse than when they took it from me. It stalls out while your driving, I was almost in two major accidents because of this.

Burlington, NJ
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
10/14/2018 Category: Service
Not On Time & Who Does That!!
Car wasn't ready as promised. When they finally gave me my keys to my supposedly repaired car it wouldn't start. Who Does That!!

John S.