Overall Rating 4.06667/5Overall Rating 4.06667/5Overall Rating 4.06667/5Overall Rating 4.06667/5rating 4.06667
Overall Rating 2.2/5Overall Rating 2.2/5rating 2.2rating 2.2rating 2.2

David W.
Fletcher, NC
2015 Hyundai Genesis
12/18/2018 Category: Service
Front brake job
Good job on replacing front brake pads and turning rotors.

Sheryl S.
Leicester, NC
12/18/2018 Category: Service
Review
Always friendly and helpful

LD
Larry D.
12/18/2018
Transmission problems and oil change issues
I'm still reeling from the shifting problem I have with my Sonata.  I've addressed it with the service department before, and on the first two occasions, I was told there was nothing wrong.  The first time, they said they couldn't find any issues.  The second time they felt the lugging engine trying to pull the lazy gears, and told me it was just normal.  The third trip, on an unrelated issue, they informed me that there was a factory fix for the programming of the transmission computer.  It was performed and helped briefly, but now the problem has been showing itself again, and now it appears that the engine is burning oil.  I do not drive my car hard and have no explanation, but a motor losing oil, that isn't leaking at 6k miles sounds like burn off to me.
But all that aside, today takes the cake.

I made an appointment for 4pm, the latest time available.  I had to get a lot of things done today and because of my work schedule and my wife's, it is often very difficult to get to the dealer when open for service.  My wife's Elantra is past due for its oil change and today was the perfect day to take care of it.

I ran short on time, so I called ahead to let someone in service know I was running behind.  The woman I spoke to, though not in the service department, assured me that it wouldn't be a problem because they were not busy.  When I arrived at 4:16, a man in the service department met me at the door and I told him the same thing I told the woman I spoke to on the phone.

He said they took their last appointment AT 4pm, then laughed and said "it's 4:20."  Then told me that everyone went home, followed by, "I'll look to see if anyone is back there, but if they're ready to go home, it's not happening."
I called the woman at Hyundai back and she told me that service didn't close until 5.
I was late, yes.  I tried not to be, and called when I knew it could be a problem.  But rather than being simply told, I would have to reschedule, I was led to believe I could go ahead and come today.  I would have gladly accepted a later appointment before I drove across town, to have someone personally tell me so.
Then upon arriving, I was treated like a kid late for school.  I wasted time, gas, and was laughed at for my efforts.  I am not generally emotional, or offended.  In fact, I think most offended people are over reacting, but today was a painful sting.
I would just like to think that after paying $20k+ for a new vehicle, with the best warranty in the business, the company who bartered the deal would be more understanding, if not more professional.  At the very least the communication between reception and service could be tighter.
I was late.  No excuses.  That was on me.  But if that wasn't acceptable, I just wish I had be told that before being condescended to.
FORREST M S., Service Manager from Hyundai of Asheville responded on 12/18/2018

I apologize for our substandard service at your last visit. Please contact me directly at your earliest conveniencevia my cell phone listed below . Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and I look forward to speaking with you.

Forrest Smith
Hyundai of Asheville
828-460-6619

Stephen W.
12/17/2018 Category: Service
I was pointed in the right direction immediately
Got a plug put in my tire quickly and efficiently.

EE
Elizabeth E.
Waynesville, NC
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/14/2018 Category: Service
Fantastic customer service
I have purchased 3 Santa Fe's from Asheville Hyundai over the years and have always had an excellent experience. They are very easy to work with and always give you the best price. I also have my vehicle service done there and Will in service always takes care of my vehicle needs. I would definitely recommend Asheville Hyundai if you're in the market for a new vehicle.

BC
Barbara C.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
12/12/2018 Category: Service
I have always received great service.
Jesse was most helpful and considerate.

Candler, NC

Larry S.
Bakersville, NC
12/08/2018 Category: Service
friendly
Great staff, comfortable enviroment. Plenty popcorn, if you're lucky billy will get pizza. What's not to like.

Swannanoa, NC
12/08/2018 Category: Service
The friendliness of all that works there.
Hyundai of Asheville was great,they worked hard to get me into my Hyundai sonata. I was in and out in no time. The people was friendly and very professional.i would recommend them to anyone.

EB
Eugene B.
12/07/2018 Category: Service
Caring people
You, guys, are great and always ready to help.

Weaverville, NC

Thomas G.
2007 Hyundai Azera
12/06/2018 Category: Service
Maintenance Experience
Service experience was above average.

TK
Thomas K.
12/05/2018 Category: Service
Great Dealership!
Customer friendly service - fast and accurate!

Constance W.
Black Mountain, NC
12/05/2018 Category: Service
Love my car
Love my care. Service is good

JE
Jason E.
Rutherfordton, NC
12/04/2018 Category: Service
Great Customer Service
I came in for my first oil change and everyone was friendly and cool. One of the salesman I was talking with showed me the new Santa Fe just because he loved it, even though he knew I just bought a car a few months ago from a different salesman. Then he showed my dad and grandpa a second time per my request, lol.

EP
Elizabeth P.
Franklin, NC
12/04/2018 Category: Service
FIRST SERVICE
QUICK IN AND OUT SERVICE, SERVICE MANAGER WAS VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY.

SE
Stacey E.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/02/2018 Category: Service
jessie is solid and authentic

NA
Nancy A.
11/30/2018 Category: Service
Service Department is excellent
Jesse in the Service Department is excellent. His customer service goes above and beyond what I would expect and have received at most car dealerships. He is knowledgeable, friendly and really helps.

Lindsay S.
Burnsville, NC
11/27/2018 Category: Service
Very friendly service.
Great service and loved the staff.