Overall Rating 4.6326547/5Overall Rating 4.6326547/5Overall Rating 4.6326547/5Overall Rating 4.6326547/5rating 4.6326547
Overall Rating 2.20408/5Overall Rating 2.20408/5rating 2.20408rating 2.20408rating 2.20408

Continue reading recommended reviews

LD
Lydia D.
Nashville, TN
2019 Hyundai Kona
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Transmission failure under 5k miles just to have the codes reset.
Purchasing the vehicle went fine. After sale, I felt like I did ok. The staff on the sales side of the house & finances were professional & actually approached nice and pleasant to work with.

Less than 4 months later, with less than 5k miles on the vehicle, its already visiting the service shop for transmission issues. Service staff was kind enough to explain that the issues I was experiencing are "normal erratic shifting for a dual clutch transmission". Sorry, kids, my last vehicle that I drove for several years had a dual clutch transmission. Sure, not a Hyundai, but similar tech one should think. Never have I ever experienced the issues I have with the Hyundai Kona with anything else.

Beyond explaining that my problems were normal, the only actions taken were to reset the codes. Sure, listed as "recalibrating TCM", but why would the TCM require recalibration at less than 5000 miles???

I'm not saying don't get a Hyundai, or even don't get a Hyundai at Cool Springs. Just be aware that the dual clutch transmission may or may not be as reliable or functional as you might hope.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 07/10/2019

I am sorry that you are having issues at such a low mileage. I would  gladly ride with you to make sure what we are feeling and what you are feeling are the same. If the vehicle is acting up that badly hopefully we can duplicate on test drive. Thank you for your business. Tim O'Leary

TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 07/10/2019

We have duplicated the concern and have a part ordered to repair the issue.

FS
Frank S.
11/06/2018
No help at all!
BACK STORY - I was coming back from a long road trip when 5 miles from my home I hit a pothole that popped my tire. I'm grumbling while going to the trunk to take out the jack, tools and spare. I installed the jack where it goes behind the popped R/F tire under the chassis. It goes up smooth, no issues. I complete the exchange. On the way down it gets stuck, I'm not sure exactly how. AAA arrives and jacks the care higher so we can remove my OEM jack.

ISSUE - I visit Hyundai of Cool Springs to request assistance with the jack and hope that warranty coverage will help since this seems to be an issue with the jack itself and not how it was used. They ask to have one of their technicians take a look at it first to see if they can fix it. Take it the back, 30 minutes later they are done and they inform me their technician unjammed it and had to rethread part of the mechanism. I was though I appreciated it was surprised to know that they believed it was stripped, took it upon their own initiative to take it apart and try to repair it without letting me know. In the process, they bent the socket bar (the one you use to crank the jack up or down), bent two of the channel assemblies and generally beat it up to get it apart. They apologized to me and said, "sorry we can't fix it". Jaw drop! I said, "Ooohkay, so now what". They said warranty will not cover and then told me they could sell me a replacement for $278. Are you kidding me?!?!?! I asked about warranty replacement as I gave it to them and they said they'd have to take a look at it first. then return it to me as basically garbage with no real hope of repair and want to charge me over $300 (+ tax) to replace? I was beside myself. the service manager then tells me I can take it up with Hyundai warranty directly. I asked if there was anything else they can do to help and he said, "we just did". I told him it was unfair and that I didn't believe this should be a cost to the customer since it was a mechanical failure under normal use. He just said, "sorry".

Please avoid this place unless you have no other choice!

FS
Frank S.
11/06/2018
Don't understand the 4 & 5 star reviews
I've been to Hyundai of Cool Springs for service, mostly due to good reviews and ease of access. The FIRST TIME I had my oil and air filter changed. I made a morning appointment but was told they were pretty busy so the wait might be a little over an hour. I had a few things to do so decided to leave and pick up after assurances it would be done by midday. Midday I called and they told me my car was just pulled into the bay. They said they would call me back as soon as it was done..... 4 PM no calls I called back and they said it was ready. Ok, so off to rocky start but it was once and I can understand a bad day. I just didn't know why I had to call them to get updates on the status of my car. The SECOND TIME, I made a midday appointment just for an oil change. When I arrived I asked how long they estimate service time because I was intending to wait and had an appointment in a few hours they said 30 minutes to 1-hour max. They shortly after notified me I also needed a SW update but that it shouldn't impact my wait time. 1 hour passed I ask for status and they tell me it's about done and should be out shortly. I said ok and grumbled back to my chair. Finally, at just under 2 hours I ask again (I'm steaming hot at this point) as my car is being pulled up. No apologies, no acknowledgement of why I'm upset. They just walk me to the cashier. I asked why they quoted me 1 hour and give me my car 2 hours later. The guy shrugged and said there must have been a problem with your car. Hmmm, again, no updates, no "Sir, there might be a delay with your car". I raced out and was 12 minutes late to my next appointment. I guess the lesson here is to give myself more time between these appointments..... oh and don't go back to Hyundai of Cool Springs.

GE
George E.
Brentwood, TN
2014 Hyundai Equus
07/21/2018 Category: Service
My 1 star rating is because I feel cheated by Hyundai for their ridiculous excuse to not honor their warranty !!!!
I am extremely unhappy with Hyundai's decision to not honor their warranty !!!!
Stacy S., DPSM from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 07/22/2018

Dear Sir,
I wanted to take a moment and respond to your survey. I am the District Parts & Service Manager with Hyundai Motor America that covers the state of Tennessee. When I read your survey about Hyundai not honoring our warranty I inquired further with the management team at Hyundai of Cool Springs. HMA takes our warranty very seriously and we will investigate any accusation of a dealer not honoring to do so.
The information I received was a rock or foreign object damaged your condensor. Unfortunately, this is not a manufacturers defect, just like a rock that cracks a windshield is not a defect so this would not be a warrantable repair. HMA requires dealers send selected parts back, which our technical center inspects to ensure defect, if a component is sent back and our technical center finds the component was damaged, not defective, the dealership is debited back for entire claim of parts and labor. This is a standard procedure for all automotive manufacturers to prevent warranty fraud. I wanted to explain the process because the dealer must disclose their findings or be held accountable for the repair and the dealer does not have the ability to make  outside damage into a warranty repair.
As a resident of middle TN myself, with all the construction growth, trucks, and road repairs many people are experiencing more rock chips, paint issues, tire damage & condensor damage which effects all makes and models of vehicles. There is never an easy way to tell a customer that we can not assist but unfortunately we can not warranty components that failed due to external damage/road debris. I certainly understand how frustrating this can be and apologize for any inconvenience and wish you safe travels.
Best Regards,

Brentwood, TN
2014 Hyundai Elantra
04/09/2018 Category: Service
Really Review?
It's ok. I'll use this for service of our 2014 Elantra. Not a problem. My review centers on the sales area. So I caution all people who are going there for service and while waiting take a look at a new car and ask questions. Never do that! Of course if you want to purchase a new car - feel free to do that. I don't like the phone calls - daily, messages and emails about this. I even asked to be off the list. Boom, another phone call. Well, I'll let you know for me at least, it drove me a way from this dealership.
TIM O. from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 04/09/2018

I am sorry that the sales dept kept calling you. I have spoke to the sales dept and made sure that you will no longer get the calls. I want to apologize and offer my assistance if you need anymore help. Thank you for your business and we look forward to working with you in the future. You can contact me at (615)550-7330 ext 2813.
Tim O'Leary Service Manager Hyundai of Cool Springs

VS
Victoria S.
Lewisburg, TN
01/23/2018 Category: Service
Horrible service and experience
Hyundai has terrible customer service. I’ve had my NEW car for 2 months and 8 days now and have already had the check engine light on twice because the same part went out twice. I brought my car to Hyundai the first time last month on 11/16/17. When I arrived I was greeted by Chris who was very pleasant he took my keys and had enterprise ready to get me a rental. I got to enterprise to realize that Hyundai never sent a payment form for the car like they said they would. I contacted Hyundai to get an update on my car and to get them to fax over payment forms when Chris answered the phone he told me that they were not covering my part because it is not covered under their BUMPER TO BUMPER 60,000 miles 5 year warranty. He also stated that since my part would not be part of the warranty, they would also not be covering my rental car. At this point as you can imagine I’m very upset and explain to them that they falsely advertised the bumper to bumper warranty since they are unwilling to cover the part when my car was only at 3,000 miles. After fighting with management I was able to get the part “repaired” for free the first time only to find out a month later that they “repaired” nothing. The part was still faulty. So today, my check engine light appeared again. I took the car back again to receive terrible customer service. Justin was very rude and disrespectful laughing and showing an attitude the entire time. Because of his attitude I requested to speak with Tim the service manager who was completely incompetent. After getting nowhere with Tim, I requested to speak with the owner Frank who just so happened to be on site. My father explained the entire issue to Frank and Frank acted as if he was “Doing us a favor” by offering free labor but still making us pay for the part which was supposed to be free under my bumper to bumper warranty. With that being said, Hyundai is a very deceiving company. They sell you everything in a beautiful package to find out once you get home that they really sold you junk.
Stacy S., DPSM from Hyundai of Cool Springs responded on 01/23/2018

Victoria,
I am the District Parts & Service Manager with Hyundai Motor America in Tennessee. I was very concerned after reading your comments and wanted to respond to you personally. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you especially after purchasing a new vehicle. Unfortunately, the repairs were not related to a defect, they were chewed up by a rodent. On your first visit, the dealership  paid for the parts and labor to fix your vehicle at their own expense as a courtesy. When your vehicle returned a few days ago, again your vehicle was chewed up by a rodent. The chew marks are clearly seen & the part was destroyed by the rodent. I had the dealership take pictures of the damage which I am glad to send you per your request. Hyundai Motor America takes our warranty very serious and we will not decline a warranty claim unless there is clear evidence of damage. As a local resident of Middle Tennessee myself I can attest that rodent damage is not uncommon. This can happen if a vehicle is parked outside or inside a garage. Rodents seek warmth & food and will chew wiring harnesses, & various parts. Since this has happened two times to your vehicle in a short period of time, I would suggest possible rodent traps near your vehicle before major damage is done. Rodent damage can cost thousands of dollars if they chew up your wiring harness.
If you have any further questions or would like pictures of the rodent damage please let me know and I will be glad to email them to you. I wanted to be sure to explain why your repairs were not warrantable as they were not defective, they were damaged from an outside source.
Best Regards,