Overall Rating 4.43478/5Overall Rating 4.43478/5Overall Rating 4.43478/5Overall Rating 4.43478/5rating 4.43478
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Continue reading recommended reviews

RT
Raoul T.
01/22/2019 Category: Service
car was not ready when promised and there were several miscommunications between me and dealer stafff regarding the nature and extent of the repairs to be done
My most recent visit to the dealer was fine. No problem. But my previous visit(s) associated with the replacement of a starter was a complete nightmare. Repairs not done when promised, missing parts, problems with the replacement keys that were necessary with the new starter, final price more than $200 over what had been promised, and more.

In fact the staff felt so bad about how things went with me when I brought the car to replace the starter, that when I brought my car in last week for an oil change I was not charged.

GH
G H.
07/26/2018
AVOID SERVICE CENTER AT ALL COSTS
Reposted since my original review somehow never made it to the site:

Basically, I paid for a 7,500 mile service (82,500), and I received an oil change with POSSIBLY some inspections of my vehicle (the work checklist was left 90% unmarked). Definitely no tire rotation or air pressure check, and the car wash/vacuum (which I waited on for nearly an hour since, according to the poor service desk woman, there was only one person working the wash station) consisted of a spray of air freshener on the inside of my driver’s side window (which I had to wipe off myself before leaving the dealership). It’s yet another disappointing Hyundai service appointment as per the usual, however I’m fairly sure this was the worst experience (work-wise) with ANY dealer’s service center EVER. As always, the young woman working the service check-in desk was absolutely wonderful, but with the service staff your dealership has ‘working’ on the cars’ efforts, she is wasted talent. Rest assured, though, that you will never see another bad service review from me as I won’t be back, and I will do my best to keep any of my family/friends away from your service center in general. It’s really too bad as your facility is quite nice, but if the work I believed I was paying for never actually happened, then I guess it makes sense why your place is in such great shape as you aren’t spending much money/time on maintaining a capable service staff. I wasn’t going to bother with a review as I figured it’s probably a waste of time since I’m confident nothing will be done to fix the issue, but you guys asked and I had some time to kill. Hopefully, and for the sake of your dealership, you will take this message seriously as I have been through this sort of situation with many Hyundai service centers and have never been as disgruntled with a ‘car care’ circumstance such as my 7/21 visit to your Vacaville location.

07/25/2018 Category: Service
STAY AWAY FROM THE SERVICE DEPT AT ALL COSTS
Basically, I paid for a 7,500 mile service (82,500), and I received an oil change with POSSIBLY some inspections of my vehicle (the work checklist was left 90% unmarked). Definitely no tire rotation or air pressure check, and the car wash/vacuum (which I waited on for nearly an hour since, according to the poor service desk woman, there was only one person working the wash station) consisted of a spray of air freshener on the inside of my driver’s side window (which I had to wipe off myself before leaving the dealership). It’s yet another disappointing Hyundai service appointment as per the usual, however I’m fairly sure this was the worst experience (work-wise) with ANY dealer’s service center EVER. As always, the young woman working the service check-in desk was absolutely wonderful, but with the service staff your dealership has ‘working’ on the cars’ efforts, she is wasted talent. Rest assured, though, that I won’ post another bad service review for this place as I won’t be back, and I will do my best to keep any of my family/friends away from this service center in general. It’s really too bad as the facility is quite nice, but if the work I believed I was paying for never actually happened, then I guess it makes sense why the place is in such great shape as the dealership isn’t spending much money/time on maintaining a capable service staff. I wasn’t going to bother with a review as I figured it’s probably a waste of time since I’m confident nothing will be done to fix the issue, but I was send a email survey and I had some time to kill. Hopefully, and for the sake of the dealership, this message will be taken seriously as I have been through this sort of situation with many Hyundai service centers and have never been as disgruntled with a ‘car care’ circumstance such as my 7/21 visit to the Vacaville location.
Kelsey B. from Hyundai Of Vacaville responded on 07/27/2018

First I would like to say thank you for reaching out to use regarding your recent service experience here at Hyundai Of Vacaville.
I appreciate your detailed feedback and would like you to know  the proper steps have been taken to ensure this does not happen again.
I have been a service advisor here since we opened our doors late 2015 and take pride in our service work as well as customer service experience.
Please reach out to me so we may make this right as I do not like to see any customer of ours feel they did not get proper service.
I may be reached via email at kbigelow@hyundaivacaville.com or telephone at 707-724-5622
Look forward to speaking with you further.

Vacaville, CA
This review violates the SureCritic Review Policy.

SD
shirley d.
01/05/2018
very disappointed in the sales/service
i brought my 2007 accent in for service. after the estimate for repairs i traded it in for a 2016 ford escape. it had trouble starting and the salesman assured me the problem would be fixed before i took the car home. the next day the car wouldn't start. i live out in the country and i need a reliable car.

AA
Alicia A.
Chowchilla, CA
12/30/2017
Lied to
I bought my car at the end of June, a 2011 Nessian leaf. The car salesmen guaranteed me i could get 108 city and 98 freeway on one charge, which at the time was perfect for me, he also said i was unable to the Nessian warranty on it cause i bought it at Hyundai, though he said that Hyundai owned the Nessian next door. I was never able to test drive the car or even see it due to the fact that it was in Vallejo. I knew i wanted the car and decided to proceed. I did need a co-signer. I arrived around 10 and started the paperwork while they said the car was on its way. Which is 24.8 miles about 30 minutes. The car did not get there until after and had only 6 miles of charge left when i pulled off the lot. I charged it and prepared for a trip the next day to Sacramento 34.5 miles about 48 mins. Guaranteed 98, 34.5 miles i would be able to make it there and back no problem. I made it to Davis which is 20.7 and i could not have the air conditioning cause that took 10 miles off on the spot. I left vacaville around 9 and didn't get to Sacramento til 3 with no traffice, where i picked up two cats. It summer, i cant have the air on and now i have two cats in the car. We left Sacramento around 4. The ride back was horrible. The cats became over heated and started to pant. Which made them dehydrated . We stopped in Davis again to recharge which is only 15.2 miles away from Sacramento. We did not get home until almost 10. When i went to try and return the car they said i only had a three days grace period on returning the car, i came in on the fourth. They said the only thing i could was trade it in. I was moving the next day and was unable to come back. When i got settled in a new town i called the Hyundai multiple times, was put on hold all the time and left on hold. When i did get through to someone they said the car salesman that sold me the car no longer worked there. I was also told that California does not offer a 3 days grace period unlike what the other guy told me. I talked to multiple people who gave no help, the only thing they kept telling was there was nothing they could do and that my only option was trade it in. I bought a car because i was lied to about it and all they said was to trade it in. I do not want to be in more debt. I'm paying on a car that i cant drive. It now only get 30 miles if i go 10 pmh. I lost my registration cause i don't have insurance on it but I'm not going to pay insurance on something that i cant drive. It sits in my drive way collecting dust. Very angry with Hyundai. Debating whether or not i should contact an attorney .

Lisa S.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
12/24/2017 Category: Service
Never buy Hyundai.
I am a second owner on a 2015 Hyundai Elantra and my warranty is 60,000 miles. I have 66,000 miles on my car and the transmission just went out. No warranty honored. Replacement cost $9200.00. Seriously? That's about what I owe on the car. Do not buy Hyundai.
ZOHEB W. from Hyundai Of Vacaville responded on 12/26/2017

We do apologize for the inconvenience and do understand frustrations attached when major components on units fail pre-maturely.  Buddy stated he offered a used unit with 7k miles on it for a price of $3400 compared to $9200 which came as a shocker to him too but he was very optimistic in getting you taken care for in any way possible.  We will take this feedback and share with Hyundai so we can improve on dealership level.

San Francisco, CA
12/04/2017 Category: Service
Poor Warranty Follow Through
I have a manufacturer's defect in my car's auto body, and after two months, nobody can tell me how to get if fixed.
ZOHEB W. from Hyundai Of Vacaville responded on 12/05/2017

Thank you so much for your feedback.  We have a case number we wil follow up with the rep to see how we can expedite the process and get to a resolution in a timely manner.  As promised on the day of picking up we will assist as much as possible to make sure it is taken care for the right way.  Thank you

CT
Cary T.
11/05/2017
They "forgot" to smog the vehicle I purchased.
After waiting 10 weeks for my registration to arrive I called to find out what was happening. I was told to wait 90 days from the day Of purchase and call back. After 90 days I called back and was told that someone would get back to me. A couple days later I received a voice mail informing me that they had forgotten to smog the vehicle before selling it to me. My contract states that I had paid for a smog, but apparently I was paying for a service that was not preformed. I drove up to Vacaville to have the smog completed to find out they service department was closed and that I needed to make an appointment regardless. I am going to just go pay for the work myself at his point. Now I am concerned about other things that may have been forgotten. How can they claim a vehicle Dealer Certified Pre-owned if they do not know if it will pass a smog test or not. If it was even certified to begin with that is.