4.6

Overall Rating 4.024999/5Overall Rating 4.024999/5Overall Rating 4.024999/5Overall Rating 4.024999/5rating 4.024999
Overall Rating 2.2499998/5Overall Rating 2.2499998/5rating 2.2499998rating 2.2499998rating 2.2499998

NR
Nancy R.
Beloit, WI
Excelent dealership - POOR COMPANY
Hyundai on Perryville is the best dealership that I have ever encountered. They are the kindest, most accommodating, respectful, caring people I have encountered when purchasing a vehicle. Their service is not just limited to the day you purchase your car but also all of the service received during the entire ownership of it. The service department is efficient and caring. The receptionist is warm and welcoming. The GM is also caring and so is Jim in the finance department. Pat, who sold me my car, always goes above and beyond.

However, the sad part is, Hyundai Motor America as a company, is less than desirable. Their customer service in consumer affairs is one of the most disrespectful uncaring company I have ever had to deal with in my 49 years of life. My vehicle engine was recalled which has caused not only frequent visits to the service department, but has caused me to miss time off of work despite having a rental car provided for me. When my car reached about 13k miles or so, it started having problems that were directly related to the recall. At about 18k miles, the engine was replaced. Over the course of a few months, my car has been in the shop for the same problem 5 times, twice occurring after the engine was replaced. I pursued a lemon law claim and my claim was denied. This was after review of repair orders and was advised "there is no findings that warrant a buyback." While I realize that the lemon law states in Illinois, 12k miles or 12 months or whichever comes first, they took no consideration as to my safety in this vehicle. The problem occurred once while I was in Chicago resulting in it having to be towed back to Rockford. Hyundai Roadside Assistance was rude and unhelpful and the people in Consumer Affairs who were dealing with my claim were also rude, resulting in my having to also file a complaint about the customer service I received. HMA claims "making things better is at the heart of everything we do." Making things better means placing the customer safety and peace of mind a priority regardless. Vehicles are not free. They are expensive and people need to be safe driving them. it is not safe driving when it is in the shop for the same repair multiple times within only a few months' time. Making things better means treating customers as people and not as just a number. Making things better means listening to the customer's individual problems with their vehicles, not rattling off policy and not allowing the customer to speak and then hanging up on them when they say, "you have not listened to me at all nor heard my problem." Making things better means providing and ensuring a solid peace of mind that the customer can believe in the vehicle they are driving and to trust that when they drive it they will feel safe. Making things better means being realistic - a brand new car that between 13k miles and 22k miles was repaired 5 times including a replaced engine that still continues to have the same problem clearly is not a safe car to drive. Clearly there is a problem. Making things better means hearing the customer and not saying that as a courtesy will offer 3 months of car payments, rather than buying back the car knowing the customer is going to continue to have ongoing problems that were the company's fault in the first place. Please remember all of these issues were due to the problem for which it was recalled in the first place. Making things better means taking FULL responsibility as a company and not allowing a customer to have to pay for a problem the company was responsible for causing in the first place.

I don't hold the dealership responsible whatsoever. The only reason I would consider staying as a customer would be because of the dealership - not because I like HMA. Hyundai on Perryville is an amazing dealership. HMA however - has lost my faith as a customer and I truly do not want to support a company who goes against every belief I have about how people should be treated.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We thank you for your business and look forward to servicing your vehicle again in the future. I would also like to thank you for being so patient with us in your journey. We apprieciate your feedback reguarding our dealership.

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Friendly not pushy clean
Friendly staff. Never pushy. Knowledgeable. Super clean facility.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/13/2019

Safety recalls
Everyone was great, very fast getting the 2 recalls fixed
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/12/2019

Friendly
The repair was quick and my service advisor was friendly

Schaumburg, IL
09/10/2019 Category: Service
Helping a out of town guest
I was on my way to a trade show in Rockford from the suburbs of Chicago. About 5 miles out from the dealership when my car broke down. the Staff at the Perryville Hyundai took care of both my car and my situation. in the end my car is running great and the trade show was a success.
Thank you the the staff.

VV
Viridiana V.
Always very helpful

Roann R.
2018 Hyundai Kona
09/09/2019 Category: Service
Service dept
Clean, friendly and professional.

James D.
Roscoe, IL
09/08/2019 Category: Service
Too expensive.
Review comments as I believe they say it all.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/09/2019

Yorkville, IL
09/07/2019 Category: Service
Kindness
I was having an awful day and I had just left forest city imagining. I needed service on my car before the holday weekend to go out of town and even though they were busy , they still said they could get me in with no appointment. The wait was short and everyone was so kind!!!

Thank you!!!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/09/2019

GG
Gary G.
2019 Hyundai Elantra
09/06/2019 Category: Service
Still the best!
Outstanding service provided by outstanding people!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/06/2019

CA
Charlie A.
Rock Island, IL
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
09/06/2019 Category: Service
there when i needed them
i was disappointed in how dusty the interior of the car was.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 09/06/2019

TW
Terry W.
Poplar Grove, IL
2013 Hyundai Veloster
09/02/2019 Category: Service
They take care of my needs
Talk with me before doing anything I appreciate that.

08/31/2019 Category: Service
They were fast, gave me a car wash and helped me with some technology I didnt understand.

08/31/2019 Category: Service
The people
Awesome

Kirkland, IL
2019 Hyundai Elantra
08/30/2019 Category: Service
The people
The workers are very nice they tell you everything you need to know they make you feel comfortable being there.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 08/31/2019

Rockton, IL
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/29/2019 Category: Service
Satisfied customer
Quick turnaround on the service that was performed

2015 Hyundai Elantra
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Expensive
just to have my vehicle inspected was expensive, then to get another charge tacked on for repairing areas that didn't pass inspection... competitors in the area work cheaper, i am required by warranty to have all repairs done at the dealership. Needless to say, i will not be returning when the warranty ends

Good Morning ,
        thank you for your feedback from your recent visit with us here at Hyundai on Perryville. It looks like we performed the 60,000 mile service you approved and we checked the alignment in the service and it failed . We advised you it failed and recommended it and you approved the alignment . We are quite competitve in our maint service's ,we we are little more expensive your geting factory OE parts and fluids installed instead of aftermarket parts .

Jennifer K.
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Rockford Hyundai
Love my Tucson! Love Patrick Rosenberg!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 08/28/2019

08/27/2019 Category: Service
Fast, effective, honest. Great service staff.
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 08/28/2019