Jennifer H.
01/17/2018
Wow! Above and Beyond!
Chip with Import Authority reached out to me after I asked about my window. Chip and his team decided to replace the plastic unit and a switch, going far above and beyond what any company does today. You can trust your vehicle to the team at Import Authority. They will do whatever they can to fix your vehicle and ensure that you receive an honest and fair price.

Thanks again for going above and beyond and replacing my trust in your company.

01/17/2018
Not so honest.
So, I noticed after taking in my vehicle that the window control unit on the drivers side door had popped up. I have never glued it on. I have never messed with it. But now it won't remain attached. I called this morning and spoke with Chip, who put me on hold. He came back and said that Jason was trying to put the window up, and the switch wasn't working. Which it does stick, but it works. So Jason popped the unit off to check the switch, and it wouldn't go back because it looked like someone had already glued it back, and it wasn't broken by them. So, Chip advised that I should either replace the unit, or glue it back. Oh, and Chip said that Jason should have put notes indicating that, instead of covering it up and never saying anything about it.
Yeah. Not so honest when you break something and the company doesn't want to fix it. And I AM telling the truth, because I didn't glue it. And have never messed with it. You could've made it right. You admitted you broke it, but now you don't want to fix it? I didn't break it. I shouldn't have to pay for something I didn't break.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 01/17/2018

Jennifer,
   Thank you for your input. We love to hear from our happy customers, but hearing about areas where we can improve or where we have failed is just as valuable. Please be assured that we work very hard to make all of our customers happy and will certainly do so for you.
   This situation could have been easily avoided if we had had better communication on our part. We try and make a habbit of asking our customers if they are having problems with any of their windows before we work on it. Windows are often lowered to listen for noises and to assure keys are not accidentally locked in vehicles. We failed to do that, so we were unaware of the problem preexisting with the window. The technician told me (Clinton) about the switch because Chip was at an appointment. I failed to make a note on the ticket and by the time you arrived, I had forgotten completely about it. Chip, of course, knew nothing about it either becuase I had forgotten to tell him too. This is not an excuse, just merely an explanation. We have ordered you a replacement switch and bezel and hope you will allow us to install it for you. If you would rather just pick up the part when it arrives, that's fine too.
    We are so very sorry to have allowed this mess-up to occur, especially on your first visit to us. We know how important first impressions are and we feel awful that our first one to you must be so negative. It is certainly not our standard and we hope to prove this to you in the future.

-Clinton

WP
Will P.
12/13/2017
Always honest, highly competent
There's a good reason why this is the most highly- rated auto repair facility in town.

12/13/2017
Great mechanics, high prices
These guys have always done good work, but they just broke it off in my ......, charging 500 bucks for something that should have been about 300, tops, so I won't be going back. It's a shame. Changed my brake pads, back and front, with no work necessary on rotors, and they bolted on a bumper guard, which definitely took less than an hour. So their service rate is $ 200 an hour? Ouch.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 12/13/2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Will. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our prices. Your brake jobs did include resurfacing all your rotors. We do this as standard practice to avoid any noise or shaking while braking. We also use factory original equipment (in this case, Nissan) brake pads whenever feasible It was in this case. That means your brake jobs were $179.50 + tax each for front and rear. After calling around, we found that the same job using the same parts would cost about $241 + tax at a competitor. As for your aftermarket bumper guard, we took time to cut your splash shields as little as possible to recieve the brackets. We spent more than an hour installing it, but charged you for 1 hour at $89.50. We certainly could have given you cheaper options on this work had you voiced your displeasure at the time we called you with a total estimate, but you approved it without hesitation, so we performed the work. We are even more sorry to lose you as a customer after so many years, but wish you luck in finding a shop that can give you the quality work you deserve at the cheap prices you want to pay.

JESSICA M.
08/12/2016
Issues were all addressed immediately
I received a follow up email and personal phone call from Clinton to address and discuss the issues I raised. First of all, I am satisfied with the explanation (for why certain services may cost more with IA) and apology (for the tire pressure and not informing me ahead of time how much the oil change would cost) I received. I also appreciated the honesty and excellent customer service in general. I plan to continue servicing my vehicle here.

08/12/2016
I trusted the advice but not the charges
I like this shop and its people. I trust Chip's assessments of what work needs to be done and what doesn't. I'd rather pay a local shop than a chain, and I drive all the way across town to get to this place. I am willing to pay more for better quality work. With all of that said, I check prices with mechanic friends and a local "chain" before agreeing to pay for work. My van was already at IA, so I told them to change the oil. I didn't ask the price (my mistake), and so paid upwards of $60 for a routine oil change I could have gotten for $19.95 at any number of other places in town. I paid for a trip check which I know was performed because that's what led to the feedback about needed and anticipated maintenance. However one little item included in that (check tire pressure) was not done. I came in with the front left tire around 37 and the remaining ones at 31, and when I left, the same imbalance was still there. I had the rear brakes done, and paid about $50-60 more for the new brake pads/rear brakes than I usually pay at Ray Gordon, but again, my van was already there and I knew the work was needed, and it wasn't worth another day without a vehicle. What really got my goat was the quote on the transmission fluid exchange and brake fluid exchange. I wish I had the price quote with me. It was almost double the price Tire Kingdom charges for the same routine maintenance. The price quote to replace the timing belt (as a starting price) was higher than what the dealer charges, but with either situation the price can escalate or not, so it's hard to judge. While I'll pay for expertise, a big part of that is trust. By the time I figured out what I would have paid at Tire Kingdom & Ray Gordon (taking only the timing belt out of the factoring), I had lost a measure of confidence and was actually pretty upset with myself for prioritizing my time and potential future inconvenience over paying a reasonable price and letting the shop know I knew what that price would be. I have mixed feelings about returning and/or recommending to a friend for anything other than an expert opinion which is a shame because I really liked this place.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 08/16/2016

Thank you so much for the honest review, Jessica. We rely on your feedback in order to make our customers’ experience a better one. We aim for every single one of our customers to be completely satisfied, so please look in your email inbox (sometimes they go to "Junk" folders) for a personal message!

MICHELLE P.
Honda Element
07/03/2020
Honest, Top-Quality Work
Just went in for an oil change but asked them to check a few minor issues. But they were thorough and explained what needs to be done and how soon and the cost. There's never any surprises with them. They are very thorough, knowledgeable, and up-front. Love them and so glad I found them 3 years ago!

JIM R.
Crawfordville, FL
07/02/2020
Familiarity and consistency.
Good as usual.

ROBIN M.
07/02/2020
My Toyota 4 Runner
I REALLY like that there is a record I can access that shows my repairs. These guys are friendly, funny and very good at what they are doing. I love getting an estimate by mail, broken out by each task, so I can decide how to prioritize what I can afford to do now. Even though I could not afford all of the work, they did what I asked and were still just as friendly even though I didn't spend that much money with them. I'll definitely go back! I have found the mechanical home I have been looking for!

BD
BRIAN D.
07/01/2020
2012 Odyssey
Import Authority is always professional and on time. Even now while we are in a global pandemic, it does not stop their ability to provide A+ service. They were quick & I very much appreciated the contact-less approach for those of us that care for someone who is immunocompromised. Thank you again and see you next time!

Honda Element
06/27/2020
Communication
There are a few things I want in my car mechanic and the shop. I want #1 to be clear communication. The guys I spoke with (Clinton and Jacob) were amazing at communication. They took my numbers and information, wrote down what I said the car was doing, and as soon as they finished the "exam" called me and explained what problem(s) they found. They were clear on the price of the work, and I SOOOO appreciate it!
#2 Maybe because I'm a forgiving sort is COMPETENCE. These folks know what they are doing and how to do it. The diagnosis is thorough, and the repair (in this instance) was quick and easy for them - saving me money!!

AW
ANN W.
06/24/2020
Great care and wonderful people!
Just the mileage on my car tells you the care given to my car by Import Authority. Over 279,000 miles and my Honda CRV is driving better than ever. When my car is happy I am happy. Everyone at Import Authority is always nice and accommodating. I feel like they are family and so happy I was recommended by a friend many years ago. I will never use anyone else. It’s truly a blessed business.

TK
TIM K.
06/23/2020
The Intrepid Stalwarts Who Wrench
As always, good to be back at my favorite garage on the planet. And trust me, as a cosmos mariner, I have seen many. A warm welcome, a quiet and well appointed waiting room where I could finish reading my book in peace, and timely service.
Impressive to see the lads decked out in their masks, maintaining social distancing and, wiping down keys and door handles...you get the picture. More than I can say for some local outfits.

CR
CLIFF R.
06/22/2020
What can I say? They are great!
Besides the excellent mechanics fixing the problem, Import Authority always makes you fell like part of the family. They greet you with a friendly hello, they explain things in detail and they work with you on when you can schedule service or leave your vehicle. Being as good as they are, there will likely be someone ahead of you, but they are worth the wait. That's why I myself and so many others trust and recommend them - especially to friends!

DAVE M.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
06/19/2020
Miata fusebox disaster
As always, proper diagnosis of my suddenly not running engine was done; and surprise! Melted fusebox? Last thing I expected to hear.
So, part not available from Mazda; but Import Authority came through, and they found a used one and did difficult splicing of every wire. I can't think of a better place to take care of my car; 1999 Miata "Greeny".
Drove to work with top down, smiling.

David M.

IH
INEZ H.
Lexus GX 470
06/17/2020
5 Star Auto Repair
The most honest auto repair shop I've encountered in Leon County. I had a squeaky noise coming from the wheel base front passenger side of my SUV whenever I drove over a speed bump or a bumpy place in the street. I took it to a repair shop noted for working on tires, alignments, and problems related to the auto suspension systems. I was given a quote tremendously different from what I actually ended up paying at Import Authority (IA). First, they(the other company) diagnosed that I needed "Ball Joints (Both Upper Front) priced at $1,140.76, plus labor and tax for a total of $1366.85. After IA completed their diagnosis, it was determined that the problem was a loose eccentric bolt on lower control arm that needed to be secured. Cost = $92.00. In this day and time, IA is a jewel among thorns.

JEFFREY S.
Hyundai Tucson
06/17/2020
tire aid
Left for work, had a flat, pumped it up, dropped it off without appointment. End of day, car ready. Great folks, always there for you.

GL
GRAHAM L.
06/12/2020
'99 Forerunner
I always get great service at Import Authority and this visit was no different. Clinton and Chip worked me in without an appointment and got my car back on the road again. I will always keep coming back and will recommend import authority to anyone that asks.