Jennifer H.
01/17/2018
Wow! Above and Beyond!
Chip with Import Authority reached out to me after I asked about my window. Chip and his team decided to replace the plastic unit and a switch, going far above and beyond what any company does today. You can trust your vehicle to the team at Import Authority. They will do whatever they can to fix your vehicle and ensure that you receive an honest and fair price.

Thanks again for going above and beyond and replacing my trust in your company.

01/17/2018
Not so honest.
So, I noticed after taking in my vehicle that the window control unit on the drivers side door had popped up. I have never glued it on. I have never messed with it. But now it won't remain attached. I called this morning and spoke with Chip, who put me on hold. He came back and said that Jason was trying to put the window up, and the switch wasn't working. Which it does stick, but it works. So Jason popped the unit off to check the switch, and it wouldn't go back because it looked like someone had already glued it back, and it wasn't broken by them. So, Chip advised that I should either replace the unit, or glue it back. Oh, and Chip said that Jason should have put notes indicating that, instead of covering it up and never saying anything about it.
Yeah. Not so honest when you break something and the company doesn't want to fix it. And I AM telling the truth, because I didn't glue it. And have never messed with it. You could've made it right. You admitted you broke it, but now you don't want to fix it? I didn't break it. I shouldn't have to pay for something I didn't break.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 01/17/2018

Jennifer,
   Thank you for your input. We love to hear from our happy customers, but hearing about areas where we can improve or where we have failed is just as valuable. Please be assured that we work very hard to make all of our customers happy and will certainly do so for you.
   This situation could have been easily avoided if we had had better communication on our part. We try and make a habbit of asking our customers if they are having problems with any of their windows before we work on it. Windows are often lowered to listen for noises and to assure keys are not accidentally locked in vehicles. We failed to do that, so we were unaware of the problem preexisting with the window. The technician told me (Clinton) about the switch because Chip was at an appointment. I failed to make a note on the ticket and by the time you arrived, I had forgotten completely about it. Chip, of course, knew nothing about it either becuase I had forgotten to tell him too. This is not an excuse, just merely an explanation. We have ordered you a replacement switch and bezel and hope you will allow us to install it for you. If you would rather just pick up the part when it arrives, that's fine too.
    We are so very sorry to have allowed this mess-up to occur, especially on your first visit to us. We know how important first impressions are and we feel awful that our first one to you must be so negative. It is certainly not our standard and we hope to prove this to you in the future.

-Clinton

WP
Will P.
12/13/2017
Always honest, highly competent
There's a good reason why this is the most highly- rated auto repair facility in town.

12/13/2017
Great mechanics, high prices
These guys have always done good work, but they just broke it off in my ......, charging 500 bucks for something that should have been about 300, tops, so I won't be going back. It's a shame. Changed my brake pads, back and front, with no work necessary on rotors, and they bolted on a bumper guard, which definitely took less than an hour. So their service rate is $ 200 an hour? Ouch.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 12/13/2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Will. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our prices. Your brake jobs did include resurfacing all your rotors. We do this as standard practice to avoid any noise or shaking while braking. We also use factory original equipment (in this case, Nissan) brake pads whenever feasible It was in this case. That means your brake jobs were $179.50 + tax each for front and rear. After calling around, we found that the same job using the same parts would cost about $241 + tax at a competitor. As for your aftermarket bumper guard, we took time to cut your splash shields as little as possible to recieve the brackets. We spent more than an hour installing it, but charged you for 1 hour at $89.50. We certainly could have given you cheaper options on this work had you voiced your displeasure at the time we called you with a total estimate, but you approved it without hesitation, so we performed the work. We are even more sorry to lose you as a customer after so many years, but wish you luck in finding a shop that can give you the quality work you deserve at the cheap prices you want to pay.

JESSICA M.
08/12/2016
Issues were all addressed immediately
I received a follow up email and personal phone call from Clinton to address and discuss the issues I raised. First of all, I am satisfied with the explanation (for why certain services may cost more with IA) and apology (for the tire pressure and not informing me ahead of time how much the oil change would cost) I received. I also appreciated the honesty and excellent customer service in general. I plan to continue servicing my vehicle here.

08/12/2016
I trusted the advice but not the charges
I like this shop and its people. I trust Chip's assessments of what work needs to be done and what doesn't. I'd rather pay a local shop than a chain, and I drive all the way across town to get to this place. I am willing to pay more for better quality work. With all of that said, I check prices with mechanic friends and a local "chain" before agreeing to pay for work. My van was already at IA, so I told them to change the oil. I didn't ask the price (my mistake), and so paid upwards of $60 for a routine oil change I could have gotten for $19.95 at any number of other places in town. I paid for a trip check which I know was performed because that's what led to the feedback about needed and anticipated maintenance. However one little item included in that (check tire pressure) was not done. I came in with the front left tire around 37 and the remaining ones at 31, and when I left, the same imbalance was still there. I had the rear brakes done, and paid about $50-60 more for the new brake pads/rear brakes than I usually pay at Ray Gordon, but again, my van was already there and I knew the work was needed, and it wasn't worth another day without a vehicle. What really got my goat was the quote on the transmission fluid exchange and brake fluid exchange. I wish I had the price quote with me. It was almost double the price Tire Kingdom charges for the same routine maintenance. The price quote to replace the timing belt (as a starting price) was higher than what the dealer charges, but with either situation the price can escalate or not, so it's hard to judge. While I'll pay for expertise, a big part of that is trust. By the time I figured out what I would have paid at Tire Kingdom & Ray Gordon (taking only the timing belt out of the factoring), I had lost a measure of confidence and was actually pretty upset with myself for prioritizing my time and potential future inconvenience over paying a reasonable price and letting the shop know I knew what that price would be. I have mixed feelings about returning and/or recommending to a friend for anything other than an expert opinion which is a shame because I really liked this place.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 08/16/2016

Thank you so much for the honest review, Jessica. We rely on your feedback in order to make our customers’ experience a better one. We aim for every single one of our customers to be completely satisfied, so please look in your email inbox (sometimes they go to "Junk" folders) for a personal message!

LOLA M.
Havana, FL
01/17/2020
Import Authority has been my “go to” auto repair for the last 25 years
Clinton; Chip, mechanic Scott, and all staff are so professional in the way they handle working on my vehicle. They know their business and you feel very comfortable in trusting them to get it done. Thankful to have them as a business in our community. Hats off to Import.

DAN L.
Midway, FL
01/16/2020
Honesty
They stand behind their product and honor they warranty. Thank you!

VB
VICKEY B.
Toyota Tundra
01/15/2020
Great customer service!!
Warren and the Import Authorities guys ROCK!! Their personal care is unbelievable. I really appreciate them. Thanks Guys!!

JACKIE H.
01/14/2020
The Car Care Crew Champions!!!
Once again the outstanding Car Care Crew at Import Authority came to my rescue and saved the day. YAYYYYY!!! 😊 My car has 326,000 miles on it, and IA never fails to keep her purring like a kitten!

SJ
SUSAN J.
Kia Sportage
01/14/2020
Great first visit!! These folk are articulate and funny, as well super with cars. Very forthright giving me the final decision. Thanks.
These folk are articulate and funny, as well super with cars. Very forthright giving me the final decision. Thanks. Look forward to going back and they even loaned me a book from the waiting room that I had started reading :-)

MELANIE L.
01/13/2020
Great service as always!
Troubleshooting of a check engine light is never fun, but the folks at Import Authority tried the easiest/cheapest route first and that seemed to do it. I appreciate their honesty and efficient plan!

CT
CANDACE T.
Toyota Prius c
01/09/2020
Always great service at a low price
I appreciate being able to count on honest mechanics and getting the job done in a very reasonable time. My dog and I enjoy the comfort of the waiting/TV room where we can entertain ourselves while the car is serviced. See you in another 6 months. Thank you for the "auto club" coupon. I have already referred other people to Import Authority.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 01/10/2020

Thanks for the great review, Candace! We appreciate your visits with us.

GR
GENNY R.
01/09/2020
Subi check-up
You guys are great and know your autos. The only reason I didn't give you a five star was the wait time of over 2hrs for an oil change and fluids ck/flush.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 01/10/2020

Thanks for the positive review! We're sorry about the wait, but we did do a long-trip inspection, a power steering fluid flush, and removed your power steering reservoir for a good cleaning of the screen inside. Hopefully, your wait was pleasant.

TA
TERRY A.
Havana, FL
Toyota Venza
01/08/2020
As always....
Continuing to provide excellent service, year after year.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 01/10/2020

Thanks once again, Terry!

IA
IRIS A.
Scion xB
01/08/2020
Best Ever
Even a routine oil change is more pleasant than anywhere I've been before, and I've been driving for 61 years. Was actually looking forward to reading in the comfortable waiting room and was sorry when I had to go!!!!
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 01/10/2020

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Iris. Keep in mind that our waiting room is available even if you don't need car repair!

KE
KEN E.
GMC Yukon XL
01/02/2020
Picky GMC
Rear main seal and oil pan gasket was replaced on my 05 GMC Yukon. I'm pretty particular on who works on my vehicles, so I've known Warren 25+ years and he is always a straight shooter with me on what needs to be done to get it RIGHT! Yes sometimes it's not cheap, but it's better than a car payment and it runs like new.
Highly recommend Warren and the crew at Import Authority

Acura MDX
12/30/2019
My family has done business with Import Authority for decades. In my opinion, they are Tallahassee’s best in class, auto repair/maintenance shop.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 12/31/2019

Thanks so much for such a positive review!  I hope you know how much we appreciate your family's business over the years.