Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5

CANDACE (CANDY) B.
Quincy, FL
09/22/2020
Always excellent!
We have gone to IA for years and they always do an excellent job and are a p,ensure to work with.
I was happy that they even sterilized my car this time.
Great business I can highly recommend.

09/20/2020
Always happy with the service from IA!
Highly recommended. We have gone there for years though seldom because we rarely have car problems, thanks to the,. They finished my car sooner than expected and even sanitized it before I picked it up.
The Service is excellent and the staff is a pleasure to work with.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 09/22/2020

Thanks for the kind words, Candace. We appreciate you taking the time to write us a nice review. We'll send a rescore email in case you wanted to change the number of stars.  Thanks again!

Jennifer H.
01/26/2018
Wow! Above and Beyond!
Chip with Import Authority reached out to me after I asked about my window. Chip and his team decided to replace the plastic unit and a switch, going far above and beyond what any company does today. You can trust your vehicle to the team at Import Authority. They will do whatever they can to fix your vehicle and ensure that you receive an honest and fair price.

Thanks again for going above and beyond and replacing my trust in your company.

01/17/2018
Not so honest.
So, I noticed after taking in my vehicle that the window control unit on the drivers side door had popped up. I have never glued it on. I have never messed with it. But now it won't remain attached. I called this morning and spoke with Chip, who put me on hold. He came back and said that Jason was trying to put the window up, and the switch wasn't working. Which it does stick, but it works. So Jason popped the unit off to check the switch, and it wouldn't go back because it looked like someone had already glued it back, and it wasn't broken by them. So, Chip advised that I should either replace the unit, or glue it back. Oh, and Chip said that Jason should have put notes indicating that, instead of covering it up and never saying anything about it.
Yeah. Not so honest when you break something and the company doesn't want to fix it. And I AM telling the truth, because I didn't glue it. And have never messed with it. You could've made it right. You admitted you broke it, but now you don't want to fix it? I didn't break it. I shouldn't have to pay for something I didn't break.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 01/17/2018

Jennifer,
   Thank you for your input. We love to hear from our happy customers, but hearing about areas where we can improve or where we have failed is just as valuable. Please be assured that we work very hard to make all of our customers happy and will certainly do so for you.
   This situation could have been easily avoided if we had had better communication on our part. We try and make a habbit of asking our customers if they are having problems with any of their windows before we work on it. Windows are often lowered to listen for noises and to assure keys are not accidentally locked in vehicles. We failed to do that, so we were unaware of the problem preexisting with the window. The technician told me (Clinton) about the switch because Chip was at an appointment. I failed to make a note on the ticket and by the time you arrived, I had forgotten completely about it. Chip, of course, knew nothing about it either becuase I had forgotten to tell him too. This is not an excuse, just merely an explanation. We have ordered you a replacement switch and bezel and hope you will allow us to install it for you. If you would rather just pick up the part when it arrives, that's fine too.
    We are so very sorry to have allowed this mess-up to occur, especially on your first visit to us. We know how important first impressions are and we feel awful that our first one to you must be so negative. It is certainly not our standard and we hope to prove this to you in the future.

-Clinton

WP
Will P.
01/30/2018
Always honest, highly competent
There's a good reason why this is the most highly- rated auto repair facility in town.

12/13/2017
Great mechanics, high prices
These guys have always done good work, but they just broke it off in my ......, charging 500 bucks for something that should have been about 300, tops, so I won't be going back. It's a shame. Changed my brake pads, back and front, with no work necessary on rotors, and they bolted on a bumper guard, which definitely took less than an hour. So their service rate is $ 200 an hour? Ouch.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 12/13/2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Will. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our prices. Your brake jobs did include resurfacing all your rotors. We do this as standard practice to avoid any noise or shaking while braking. We also use factory original equipment (in this case, Nissan) brake pads whenever feasible It was in this case. That means your brake jobs were $179.50 + tax each for front and rear. After calling around, we found that the same job using the same parts would cost about $241 + tax at a competitor. As for your aftermarket bumper guard, we took time to cut your splash shields as little as possible to recieve the brackets. We spent more than an hour installing it, but charged you for 1 hour at $89.50. We certainly could have given you cheaper options on this work had you voiced your displeasure at the time we called you with a total estimate, but you approved it without hesitation, so we performed the work. We are even more sorry to lose you as a customer after so many years, but wish you luck in finding a shop that can give you the quality work you deserve at the cheap prices you want to pay.

JESSICA M.
08/30/2016
Issues were all addressed immediately
I received a follow up email and personal phone call from Clinton to address and discuss the issues I raised. First of all, I am satisfied with the explanation (for why certain services may cost more with IA) and apology (for the tire pressure and not informing me ahead of time how much the oil change would cost) I received. I also appreciated the honesty and excellent customer service in general. I plan to continue servicing my vehicle here.

08/12/2016
I trusted the advice but not the charges
I like this shop and its people. I trust Chip's assessments of what work needs to be done and what doesn't. I'd rather pay a local shop than a chain, and I drive all the way across town to get to this place. I am willing to pay more for better quality work. With all of that said, I check prices with mechanic friends and a local "chain" before agreeing to pay for work. My van was already at IA, so I told them to change the oil. I didn't ask the price (my mistake), and so paid upwards of $60 for a routine oil change I could have gotten for $19.95 at any number of other places in town. I paid for a trip check which I know was performed because that's what led to the feedback about needed and anticipated maintenance. However one little item included in that (check tire pressure) was not done. I came in with the front left tire around 37 and the remaining ones at 31, and when I left, the same imbalance was still there. I had the rear brakes done, and paid about $50-60 more for the new brake pads/rear brakes than I usually pay at Ray Gordon, but again, my van was already there and I knew the work was needed, and it wasn't worth another day without a vehicle. What really got my goat was the quote on the transmission fluid exchange and brake fluid exchange. I wish I had the price quote with me. It was almost double the price Tire Kingdom charges for the same routine maintenance. The price quote to replace the timing belt (as a starting price) was higher than what the dealer charges, but with either situation the price can escalate or not, so it's hard to judge. While I'll pay for expertise, a big part of that is trust. By the time I figured out what I would have paid at Tire Kingdom & Ray Gordon (taking only the timing belt out of the factoring), I had lost a measure of confidence and was actually pretty upset with myself for prioritizing my time and potential future inconvenience over paying a reasonable price and letting the shop know I knew what that price would be. I have mixed feelings about returning and/or recommending to a friend for anything other than an expert opinion which is a shame because I really liked this place.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 08/16/2016

Thank you so much for the honest review, Jessica. We rely on your feedback in order to make our customers’ experience a better one. We aim for every single one of our customers to be completely satisfied, so please look in your email inbox (sometimes they go to "Junk" folders) for a personal message!

TT
TRACEY T.
07/24/2021
Friendly and Trustworthy Service
It is always a pleasure bringing my car to Import Authorities. I know they will complete the work honestly and with integrity. I only trust IA to work on my 14 year old Honda.

07/22/2021
Customer service
Straight forward. They didn’t sugar coat anything about my car.

Dodge Challenger
07/22/2021
Blown fuses
Great work as usual.

AV
AL V.
Honda Odyssey experienced service
Knows their way around my 2003 Odyssey. Had an oil leak and they found and repaired it in a day. Will return for further service as necessary.

07/20/2021
Best Mechanics and Service in Tallahassee!
Import Authority is totally reliable, efficient, and knowledgeable. I've been a customer for many years and highly recommend them.

JOYCE S.
Havana, FL
Hyundai ACCENT
07/20/2021
I always get excellent service from Import Authority.Friendly people and prompt service.

CLAIRE S.
07/20/2021
Taking my car to Import Authority is always easy, priced fairly, and successful. The team has never failed to fix whatever problem I drive up in and they’re kind and helpful while they’re at it. 10/10

“Auto-Correction”
Import Authority has been our auto maintenance and repair shop for more than 20 years! Their work is the best. You can choose a morning ride to work, or wait w a good cup of coffee. They stay up to date on service bulletins, keep track of past visits, and take time to explain things. You can actually enjoy this version of “auto-correct”.

NS
NORMA S.
07/19/2021
A/C fixed!
Easy, professional and great service.

Honda Civic Si
07/17/2021
Everyone I interacted with was knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. It may take a while for them to look at your vehicle, since they are in such high demand, but the wait is worth it, if you can manage it. I recommend them very strongly.

CT
CANDACE T.
Toyota Prius c
07/16/2021
Always reliable
Thank you for fixing my wheel bearing for such a reasonable price and getting my car in and out so quickly. You guys are the best!

I am so very sorry for the loss of the kitty during the pandemic. He was always such a character. Hobo misses him and we will always think of him when we roll up there.