Lexus ES 330
12/16/2019
Poor rating
Sold us an expensive defects e tire. Flat in 2 weeks!
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 12/20/2019

Thank you for the input. We do wish you had brought the tire back instead of leaving a bad review. I'm sure we would have been able to replace or repair the tire. Even new tires are not impervious to nails and screws. We also recall giving you an estimate on the tires you wanted before you brought the car in, so we must have had a communication breakdown if they now seem expensive. We hope you find a shop that cares about you like we do and can also meet your expectations.

DENNIS L.
Kia Sportage
03/16/2019
General Repair
Import Authority has really nice people.

But I have to say after almost $1000. repair that codes come up that were never there before because I have a diagnostic checker. When these codes appeared they said another $1000 to replace other items. Yet why did they not check the other codes after and before repair. ?? The newer codes were there immediately after repair so why did they not check them. After researching these codes I found out it was probably an an erroneous reading that more or less were caused by a vacuum leak somewhere which could be caused by their actual repair and really their extra $1000 or more for this additional repair was more than likely not at all necessary. So, although nice people I will not return for any service.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 04/09/2019

Hello Dennis.... Thank you for starting your review with a compliment.  We do try to be nice to our customers and let them know we appreciate them!
We were sorry to learn that you were not completely satisfied with the repairs we made to your Kia Sportage.  I would like to address the main concerns you mentioned - the codes that appeared after our work, and the estimate of further repairs that may be needed.
When you first came in, your car was running rough and you diagnosed that it needed spark plugs and ignition wires.  That was the work you requested and we did that job for you at a cost of $425.  After that work was completed, the car continued to misfire and run rough, and our technician suspected that it may have some blockage in the catalytic converter.  He disconnected the rear cat conv and the performance improved immediately, so we contacted you to say that the rear cat conv needed to be replaced.  The additional cost was $462 and you gave us the OK.

Often, when a car is running poorly, as yours was, a misfire can cover up problems with the catalytic converter and the computer won't display a code.  Once the misfire is eliminated, the code may now show.  This may be the reason that you were not recieving any codes while your car was running rough.
Your cat conv is in three parts.  We replaced only the last section, and the performance improved.  But it was also very likely that the first and/or second sections were also plugged up to some degree, so when your car displayed a cat conv code, we gave you the price to replace those two sections.
You did not mention that your car was still running poorly, so we hope we have fixed that problem.
We do our best to only do work that is needed to make a repair.  If you get a second opinion about the need for further catalytic converter work, we will be here if you need us.
I hope this answers some of your concerns.  Please call us if you have further questions.
Thank you!

Jennifer H.
01/17/2018
Wow! Above and Beyond!
Chip with Import Authority reached out to me after I asked about my window. Chip and his team decided to replace the plastic unit and a switch, going far above and beyond what any company does today. You can trust your vehicle to the team at Import Authority. They will do whatever they can to fix your vehicle and ensure that you receive an honest and fair price.

Thanks again for going above and beyond and replacing my trust in your company.

01/17/2018
Not so honest.
So, I noticed after taking in my vehicle that the window control unit on the drivers side door had popped up. I have never glued it on. I have never messed with it. But now it won't remain attached. I called this morning and spoke with Chip, who put me on hold. He came back and said that Jason was trying to put the window up, and the switch wasn't working. Which it does stick, but it works. So Jason popped the unit off to check the switch, and it wouldn't go back because it looked like someone had already glued it back, and it wasn't broken by them. So, Chip advised that I should either replace the unit, or glue it back. Oh, and Chip said that Jason should have put notes indicating that, instead of covering it up and never saying anything about it.
Yeah. Not so honest when you break something and the company doesn't want to fix it. And I AM telling the truth, because I didn't glue it. And have never messed with it. You could've made it right. You admitted you broke it, but now you don't want to fix it? I didn't break it. I shouldn't have to pay for something I didn't break.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 01/17/2018

Jennifer,
   Thank you for your input. We love to hear from our happy customers, but hearing about areas where we can improve or where we have failed is just as valuable. Please be assured that we work very hard to make all of our customers happy and will certainly do so for you.
   This situation could have been easily avoided if we had had better communication on our part. We try and make a habbit of asking our customers if they are having problems with any of their windows before we work on it. Windows are often lowered to listen for noises and to assure keys are not accidentally locked in vehicles. We failed to do that, so we were unaware of the problem preexisting with the window. The technician told me (Clinton) about the switch because Chip was at an appointment. I failed to make a note on the ticket and by the time you arrived, I had forgotten completely about it. Chip, of course, knew nothing about it either becuase I had forgotten to tell him too. This is not an excuse, just merely an explanation. We have ordered you a replacement switch and bezel and hope you will allow us to install it for you. If you would rather just pick up the part when it arrives, that's fine too.
    We are so very sorry to have allowed this mess-up to occur, especially on your first visit to us. We know how important first impressions are and we feel awful that our first one to you must be so negative. It is certainly not our standard and we hope to prove this to you in the future.

-Clinton

WP
Will P.
12/13/2017
Always honest, highly competent
There's a good reason why this is the most highly- rated auto repair facility in town.

12/13/2017
Great mechanics, high prices
These guys have always done good work, but they just broke it off in my ......, charging 500 bucks for something that should have been about 300, tops, so I won't be going back. It's a shame. Changed my brake pads, back and front, with no work necessary on rotors, and they bolted on a bumper guard, which definitely took less than an hour. So their service rate is $ 200 an hour? Ouch.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 12/13/2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Will. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our prices. Your brake jobs did include resurfacing all your rotors. We do this as standard practice to avoid any noise or shaking while braking. We also use factory original equipment (in this case, Nissan) brake pads whenever feasible It was in this case. That means your brake jobs were $179.50 + tax each for front and rear. After calling around, we found that the same job using the same parts would cost about $241 + tax at a competitor. As for your aftermarket bumper guard, we took time to cut your splash shields as little as possible to recieve the brackets. We spent more than an hour installing it, but charged you for 1 hour at $89.50. We certainly could have given you cheaper options on this work had you voiced your displeasure at the time we called you with a total estimate, but you approved it without hesitation, so we performed the work. We are even more sorry to lose you as a customer after so many years, but wish you luck in finding a shop that can give you the quality work you deserve at the cheap prices you want to pay.

AF
ANGELA F.
10/14/2016
Really wanted to like this place but...
Waited 2.5 hours for a simple issue. Waiting room smells like mildew and urine. Fair price, very friendly people.
Import A. from Import Authority responded on 10/18/2016

Thanks for the feedback, Angela. We are so sorry you had a bad experience here. When you called early that morning we should have told you that we normally take time to eat around noon. Since you also mentioned waiting, we should have also warned you about our waiting room. Hurricane Hermine decided to create a leak in our wall adjacent to the waiting room and the carpet gets wet for every hard rain ever since. Steps are being made to repair it, but I know that does nothing to help the experience you had. We are glad that you didn't need the brake job that was suspected and that you were happy with the price. We hope you decide to give us another try in the future when our accomodiations have improved.

CT
CANDACE T.
Toyota Prius c
07/10/2020
Great auto shop
I had the option to drop off and late pick up my vehicle, which is a great accommodation for health reasons. Quick and easy and I was confident my car had been checked and is safe for me to drive. Thank you as always, you guys keep up smiling and keep us on the road!

STAN C.
07/10/2020
Attentive, organized, trustworthy
We can trust that our vehicles will be fixed in a timely manner. Excellent covid procedures for the customers. We have been customers since Import opened and have always been happy with their service. Our friends use Import Authority too and I have never heard any complaints.

GA
GEORGIA A.
Monticello, FL
Chevrolet Suburban
07/09/2020
Y'all are the BEST!
Thank you for the good care of our family and work vehicles---you keep us and others on the road safe! We are all especially appreciative of your integrity and skilled work. And, thanks for being a WFSU sponsor, too.

All the best,
Georgia Ackerman

LO
LYSSA O.
07/08/2020
Best mechanics in town
I love these guys! Honest, dependable, funny. I’ve been bringing my Subaru to IA for years, and I have complete faith in their knowledge and service. They quickly adjusted to safe, contact-free service during this time of COVID-19, too, because they are just that awesome. I won’t let anyone else touch my car.

IA
IRIS A.
Scion xB
07/07/2020
Superior, once again!
I don't have enough words of praise for the team at Import Authority. I would definitely exceed the word count allowed here!!!

JOHN H.
Bainbridge, GA
07/07/2020
Extra Mile
They go the extra mile! I came in to have the transmission fluid flushed and they checked all fluids and added radiator coolant. When they took the vehicle out for a test drive they found a new tire making a little noise. Will go check it out. Quote on job was spot on!
Refreshing!

MICHELLE P.
Honda Element
07/03/2020
Honest, Top-Quality Work
Just went in for an oil change but asked them to check a few minor issues. But they were thorough and explained what needs to be done and how soon and the cost. There's never any surprises with them. They are very thorough, knowledgeable, and up-front. Love them and so glad I found them 3 years ago!

JIM R.
Crawfordville, FL
07/02/2020
Familiarity and consistency.
Good as usual.

ROBIN M.
07/02/2020
My Toyota 4 Runner
I REALLY like that there is a record I can access that shows my repairs. These guys are friendly, funny and very good at what they are doing. I love getting an estimate by mail, broken out by each task, so I can decide how to prioritize what I can afford to do now. Even though I could not afford all of the work, they did what I asked and were still just as friendly even though I didn't spend that much money with them. I'll definitely go back! I have found the mechanical home I have been looking for!

BD
BRIAN D.
07/01/2020
2012 Odyssey
Import Authority is always professional and on time. Even now while we are in a global pandemic, it does not stop their ability to provide A+ service. They were quick & I very much appreciated the contact-less approach for those of us that care for someone who is immunocompromised. Thank you again and see you next time!