4.4

AUSTIN B.
Biwabik, MN
04/23/2020 Category: Sales
Not happy.
Sold me a truck with bad tires. Of course I didn’t notice until a couple days after I bought the truck. Should have told me about the horrible condition they were in and replaced the tires before selling the truck.

Ely, MN
Chevrolet Spark
02/20/2020 Category: Sales
Typical sales department.
I was pressured into diamond coating and under coating, which is a good idea in N. Minnesota. $800. Was it done? After delivery I called 3 times.Twice to the dealership and once to the salesman's cell phone with a couple of questions. No calls returned. Two years ago I had a battery failure in another car that I had purchased from Iron Trail. It was 4 pm and I was 1/4 mile away. They sent someone out to jump it and brought it into the shop although it was close to closing time. I live 50 miles away. They replaced the battery and when I got home I saw a big dent in the front of the hood below sight from the interior. The car was immaculate. It looked to me like something had impacted the hood while it was up during the battery replacement. $500 in body work that I had done by a Chevy dealership where I live. I didn't contact Iron Trail because I knew they would deny it. Seems most dealerships just want your cash and once you're out the door don't give a shit. I've got friends that also have had issues with this dealership.

JOHN D.
International Falls, MN
09/27/2019 Category: Sales
They are disorganized
We will not be returning customers or referring anyone to this dealership. When we arrived we already had in mind the vehicle we wanted and what amenities we wanted with it. We did a test drive on a truck but that was not the one we were going to buy as we wanted cloth seats, they said they did not have any of that type of truck on there lot and we wanted the truck we were getting to have the bed lined and cloth seats. Well we were going to go to another dealership that had everything i was wanting for same price i did not want something on there lot similar i wanted what i had in mind. We decided we would leave and just go to the dealership we were originally looking at purchasing from sense they had the truck we wanted. We told the sales person we would not be making a deal with them as they did not have what we wanted and he said his manager wanted to talk to us before we leave the manager came out said they found 4 trucks just like what we wanted from a dealer they could trade with we were leary on that as we would not get to look it over before they deliver it to us to make sure it had everything we ask for well we decided we would go for it we asked several times if it would be rhino lined and we were assured it would be just like the truck in are town we wanted minus the running boards, well the deliver the truck to us late at night and it was not rhino lined and my husband ask why it wasn't and salesperson says oh not this model and not concerned with the mistake we now have to pay extra to get this done on are own when it should have been like this when we purchase as that is what we asked for. This dealership is very disorganized and does not promise on what customers ask for and are expecting to get.

ROSS H.
Virginia, MN
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
09/27/2019 Category: Sales
Disappointed
Not real thrilled with the service!

Babbitt, MN
09/20/2019 Category: Sales
Miss
Will never go to Iron Trail again. If there was a way to go e them 0 stars I would have, but this wouldn't accept my review without at least one star. Iron Trail doesn't deserve even or star.

DF
DOUGLAS F.
09/18/2019 Category: Sales
Cars
Was not impressed with the treatment I received from Iron Trial. Was pushed into buying extra services that I really didn't need it they are selling quality cars. After a month of my purchase I checked the car over even after I was told it had a 129 point inspection. Found the air cleaner was filthy. It appears it was the original filter even though the car has 63,000 miles. I will never return to this dealership for any kind of service. I have sent the store manager multiple emails with my concerns and complaints with no response whatsoever. Stay away from this company!

08/11/2019 Category: Sales
This place will rob you
Mispriced vehicles than you go sign papers and its 4000 more than the price online etc.

JEFFREY D.
Finland, MN
05/01/2019 Category: Sales
Terrible service
Had issues with window not rolling down 5 weeks after purchase. Made appt, brought truck in they didn't have part. Made appt and had to cancel because of snow rescheduled and when arrived they hadn't ordered part because "GMC owners tend to not keep appts and they like to bill GMC owners for parts before they do the work".. I live 70 miles away. They wasted my time and and trashed GMC owners. Will never ever go back to Iron Trail motors and will tell everyone not to trust these people.

SG
SCOTT G.
Eveleth, MN
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
04/05/2019 Category: Sales
Car buying
They took care of any problems I had, salesman misrepresented the warranty the car had , but the finance guy was truthful about it,, could have had better financing opportunities, for same auto though other dealers,

DERIK S.
Makinen, MN
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/15/2019 Category: Sales
Poor used car service
The 2012 VW Jetta was driven home Wednesday evening (2-6-2019)and Thursday morning it would not turn over. Both of my other 100,000 mi + vehicles turned over and started without being plugged in @ 6°F @ 6am. Iron Trail would not come get the car to repair it. They said I would have to pay a tow truck to bring it to them. A few days passed and I finally got it to turn over by heating the starter with a hairdryer and brought it to them to fix the frozen starter. They called later that day (2-11-2019)to say they "tested' it and found it to start each time they tried it (now 20°F) . After a couple heated phone conversations about how even their brand new Chevrolet cars and trucks would not start on 2-6-2019, I convinced them to pull the starter and actually load test it on the bench on 2-13-2019. At 1:45pm on 2-15-2019 they called to say the starter passed the load test and all electrical connections were cleaned and reconnected.
Even though I acknowledged buying a used vehicle with only a 30 day warranty, I believe there was an exhaustive amount of pleading and urging on my behalf to get them to fix the vehicle to start as well as my old vehicles. When I picked up my vehicle on the 15th, I asked to talk to the general manager so that he knew how I felt being on the receiving end of their poor customer service practices. Although we had to agree to disagree, he did give me the time to explain my side .

GR
GEORGE R.
01/22/2019 Category: Sales
Wouldn’t shop again
I wouldn’t shop again because of the finance person and being rude. I have already filled this out and left a phone. Brian E was great though.

KD
KURT D.
Buick Enclave
01/18/2019 Category: Sales
Was satisfied!
Found out after leaving vehicle that had a sold sign on it ,to get down payment. Vehicle was driven over Christmas 400 mes by someone at the dealer. 3 weeks now and no admission or any compensation. Even though troy is a great salesman with awesome knowledge, won't be back
Jeff B., Sales Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 02/07/2019

Kurt, we do apologize for the miscommunication on the mileage and unfortunately the mileage was misstated on your paperwork. I can assure you that no one drove your vehicle after you put a down payment on it. We did extend your dealer warranty to the correct mileage.

Duluth, MN
Ram 1500
12/01/2018 Category: Sales
Postage Due
We got our second key along with the title. Iron Trail paid 89 cents we had to pay $2.61 for postage due. I guess buying a 26k vehicle the dealer didn't make enough to pay. In the words of our President "sad".

Keewatin, MN
10/26/2018 Category: Sales
Frustrating
Salesman was difficult to talk to and didn't have much knowledge of the vehicle.
Calls were not returned, the whole process was stressful.

JZ
JAMES Z.
Babbitt, MN
GMC Terrain
08/24/2018 Category: Sales
Warranty
18 days after buying a vehicle, the transmission started having problems and Iron Trail said they would not apply the 30 day warranty to fixing the problem because I had gone over the allowed mileage. The state of Minnesota has a used car warranty law that states car dealerships for used vehicles under 36,000 miles are warrantied for up to 30 days or 2,500 miles. The car I bought had only gained 2,000 miles and the dealership still refused to warranty