DANIELLE B.
Mountain Iron, MN
04/01/2015 Category: Service
Not happy with the price of my air filter, she never told me it would be 36.00. My husband could of changed it.
nit happy when people don't tell me how much things are. I thought it was all free
Alan V., IT Director from Iron Trail Motors responded on 04/10/2015

Danielle -

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to impress you; not the opposite. Please call Lori Layman at 218.741.2355 to discuss the details of this review. With your help we can improve the experience we provide our customers now and in the future.

KH
KIMBERLY H.
Nashwauk, MN
03/14/2015 Category: Service
Courtesy ride was a no show
Very disappointed. Waited for our shuttle, called multiple times. My daughter and I ended up walking back to the dealership. Wind was cold.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 03/16/2015

Kimberly-

I truly apologize for your experience, there is no excuse on our part for not following through on our shuttle services.

Please accept my apology and know that this will be addressed and used as a training tool for our people.

Thanks,

RI
RAYMOND I.
Orr, MN
TOYOTA SEQUOIA
02/07/2015 Category: Service
didn't get complete Toyota care 15000 service
Brought sequoia in for 15000 mile oil change and tire rotation. They said no to the oil change even though my flyer from Toyota says that is part of the service every 5000 miles. They told me 2 hours for the recall notice and Toyota care checkup and would call me when they were done. Walked around for 3 hours, never got a call and went back and car was done. No oil change just tire rotation and no phone call. Very poor customer service!!!
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 02/09/2015

Heather-

I appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent service visit. I know that with the Toyota Car Care Service there is a rotation between oil changes and tire rotations but be that as it may if your expectation was an oil change we should have proceeded with that. The no follow up call is not acceptable and will be addressed with the service personnel.

I would like to offer my personal assistance on your next service visit to ensure that every item is completed and done in a timely fashion.

I will also follow up with you on the phone.

Sincerely,

BK
BAILEE K.
Chisholm, MN
CHEVROLET TRAVERSE
01/15/2015 Category: Service
Service department won't return calls
Had our vehicle worked on- the first time the problem was not even resolved, the 2nd time ( for a different reason) my husband wanted to talk to a mechanic to discuss what was done to our vehicle and what was wrong. We were directed to the service rep-- aka the service garages secretary-- but was never able to talk to a mechanic. Called multiple times and left messages and no one will call us back. My husband wants to give one star, I will give two as the problem was resolved, but not happy about the customer care-
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 01/19/2015

Bailee-

Thank you for taking your time to let us know of your experience. I am going to get with our Service department and review your repair to see what more can be done to help you.

I will personally be back in contact with you.

Thanks

HO
HANNAH O.
12/29/2014 Category: Service
Too Fast Service
I had an appointment for my 5,000 mile new car check up and oil change. When the appointment was made I mentioned about my brakes making a funny noise and they said they would look at it then. The "visually" looked at everything and changed my oil. Very pleasant staff but a NEW car should not be making any noises. They said it problem continued to make another appointment and that everything looked good visually.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/30/2014

Hannah-

I appreciate you taking your time to let us know about concerns you have regarding your recent visit. I am going to personally look into the inspection of your vehicle and I would like to follow up with you on that.

Thanks again for your feedback.

CALVIN H.
Hibbing, MN
CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
11/11/2014 Category: Service
Could Not Get The Job Right.
The Passenger Seat Was Not Fixed Right. Chevrolet Trucks Are Suppose To Have A Quiet Interior.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/12/2014

Calvin-

I apologize that the truck was not fixed properly, I will have our Service Manager contact you right away to correct the issue.

DONALD H.
Tower, MN
TOYOTA CAMRY
07/15/2014 Category: Service
Expensive work.
I had the oil changed and wheels rotated at the cost of $63.00.I was suprised at the cost since I bought my car there, plus others. I realize it is more expensive oil.
Alan V., IT Director from Iron Trail Motors responded on 07/16/2014

Hi Donald,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. As you can imagine it is never our goal to disappoint you or your level of expectations when doing business here; our customers are our biggest asset. With that said, I invite you to contact our General Manager, Steve Torrence directly to discuss the events outlined in your review. We view experiences both good, bad and inbetween as learning experiences. In short, we appreciate you helping us become better. Please call Steve Torrence at your earliest convenience at 218.741.2355

Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 07/16/2014

Mr. Donald H.

I appreciate the response to your service visit, I will personally look into the service, the vehicle and the cost structure for the service. I will contact you directly to provide you with the information i find.

Thanks,
Steve

MICHAEL C.
Ely, MN
07/05/2019 Category: Service
Recent screw up
I brought my truck in for an oil change and during the oil change they told me that they noticed that the tranny cooler lines were leaking. I said I would bring it back in at a later date and that it should be covered under the extended warranty that I purchased. The service rep didn't think that it would be but he called and found out it was. I brought my truck back to have them fix the leaking tranny lines and was told it would take about 2 hours to do. I left to do some shopping when I got a call and was told to come get my truck because the tranny weren't leaking only seeping. I said to go ahead and fix them anyways because it was under warranty. The service rep then told me it wasn't covered because they aren't leaking only seeping. What a waste of my time that was.

JOHN M.
Eveleth, MN
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Disgust
I have already talked to 3 different people about the worst experience I have had with my vehicle service so I would rather find a new place to go.

04/06/2019 Category: Service
Can’t fix my truck
Truck has been in at least a dozen times in the last year since I bought it and it’s still repeatedly leaving me on the side of the road, I have been told they have replaced all the part that could affect my problem and still nothing. The customer service is great just the fact that the techs are fixing the problem. I’d recommend the sales staff but not so sure on The service department

ROGER H.
04/04/2019 Category: Service
Poor management
Recently had my scheduled oil change, warranty work done. A line of four or five customers and the scheduler to the right was taking the order and driving the vehicles to a bay. Was asked twice by the helper to assist and he ignored him. This was taking along wait time. The whole experience was terrible. After observing this situation and being on the receiving end of his lack of organization I would not use your service any longer.

Hibbing, MN
03/07/2019 Category: Service
Not Happy
In January 2019, I called the service department to find out when I could receive my last free service on my Toyota Highlander. I was told that any time in February was good. I made the appointment for February 15. During the 25 mile drive, the vehicle in front of me threw a rock and chipped my windshield. When I arrived at Iron Trail Motors, I was told the last service had to be completed by January 31. If the man I talked to on the phone had been honest , I would have made the appointment for January and avoided the chipped windshield. Needless to say, they would not honor the last free service on my vehicle.
Jeff B., Sales Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 03/19/2019

Thank you for the review. I believe the Sales Department did assist and cover your oil change on your Highlander. The windshield chip is very unfortunate. We will be sure to discuss verifying correct informatoin with the Service Advisor who assisted you.

SJ
SCOTT J.
International Falls, MN
01/24/2019 Category: Service
Wrong tonneau cover
Just feeling like I got taken when the wrong tonneau cover was put on new Silverado due to salesman not ordering it in a timely manner.
Jeff B., Sales Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 02/07/2019

Scott, we apologize for the miscommunication on the tonneau cover. It does look like we provided you with the GM brand tonneau that is covered under your vehicles warranty and is a bit more expensive because that is what was in stock, but again we do understand and apologize for the miscommunication between the sales, parts, and service departments. Thank you for the survey we take all of our surveys into account to help improve our future proccesses and customer experience.

MICHAEL M.
Gilbert, MN
Chevrolet Avalanche
12/27/2018 Category: Service
Unhappy Service Call
I sent a review of my service to Jon Lind at Iron Trail Motors in Virignia, MN. He can forward it to you if you really care about the care of good customers.

BL
BRIELLE L.
Ely, MN
12/13/2018 Category: Service
too long of wait
I waited 3 1/2 hours for an oil change and to get my winter tires on the car. Not impressed. It was 0 degree wind chill so tried to walk somewhere to kill time but froze and then when I came back they told me it would be done "soon", but another 90 minutes went by before it was done. Not sure what is going on there, but several people have complained too, in fact my husband ordered new tires to be placed on his vehicle, they scheduled him an appointment and he arrived the day they wanted him there, and guess what? Tires not arrived. He drove 50 miles to go to the appointment. Thinking of changing where I service and buy my next Toyota. The ONLY reason there is 1 star is that at least there is refreshments while you wait 1/2 a day to get your car!

SG
SCOTT G.
Hoyt Lakes, MN
09/21/2018 Category: Service
Not so great.
My wife had an appointment for recall work and an oil change. After sitting in the waiting room for an hour and 20 minutes she was informed nothing was done to the vehicle and she would have to reschedule. She was told the parts weren't fitting and they couldn't get a lift to do the oil change. After different parts came in I made another appointment for the recall work and an oil change. I sat in the lobby for 2 hours after being told it would take about an hour for everything to be finished. After the vehicle was finished I got $13 off the oil change for them wasting my wife's time. After a few days of having my vehicle back, I found that my washer fluid wasnt spraying on the windshield. I opened the hood and found the washer fluid tube laying across the motor. So instead of wasting more of my time, I reconnected the tube to the appropriate spots. Since the mechanics could not finish a full check list on the job at hand, I can't see them doing a courtesy check/inspection when getting an oil change.

JOHN H.
Eveleth, MN
08/20/2018 Category: Service
A history of poor service
In the last few years - really since Lauri left as service manager, service has deteriorated.
1. Brought in for an oil change plus other minor stuff. Oil change was not done or billed. Had to go back to get it done.
2. Another oil change. Once home I noticed serious oil leakage onto garage floor. Filter or oil pan plug had not been tightened.
3. Recently I had a flat on I-35 from a puncture. When I tried to change it I found the lug nuts to be so distorted from the impact wrenches used in your shop (never been anywhere else for tire rotation) that I could not get the wrench on the nuts. Result - 4 hours on the edge of the road and $$$ for service
4. At my most recent service I asked that all the nuts be checked and got an OK from the service counter. At home I found that the nuts had not been checked and were all distorted. I replaced them all myself.
We bought this vehicle new from Iron Trail and have had all the service done with you. We will not be back.

KV
KEVIN V.
Embarrass, MN
Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
08/12/2018 Category: Service
Took my vehicle in for a oil change, that was fine. My prior oil change I had the do a tire rotation, seemed ok until I was driving my vehicle and it sounded like I hat a flat tire, pulled over and looked at the tires, none seemed low, proceeded home. After getting home and parking the vehicle I took off the hub caps one at a time and checked the lug nuts for tightness, started passenger front, good, passenger rear, good, driver side rear good, driver side front 4 out of 5 lug nuts loose, I talked and spoke to the Service Manager and he said he was sorry for the inconvenience and said the next oil change would be complimentary, brought the vehicle in for the oil change and the person at the Service desk said he would have the Service Manager come and talk to me. Never happened, I was told the technician and the Manager look at the affected wheel, said they found nothing, never spoke to the Service Manager went to get my keys and paperwork for my oil change and they charged me for it, communication there is terrible, if that wheel would have came off it could have hurt or killed myself and other people, very poor customer service.

KN
KEVIN N.
Mountain Iron, MN
06/27/2018 Category: Service
Sales team, the worst
Ready to buy new truck, ALL paperwork signed, good faith payment given dealership. Truck was to be brought in from other dealership following Monday, since I was out of town, I would pick up on Wednesday. Monday I was notified by sales manager that there was a mistake in filling out paperwork, would owe <> $6000 more. I stated that since all paperwork had been finished, that was not my problem but that I would split the difference with them. They said no, at that point it became a matter of principle and told them I would not purchase the truck for the new amount and that I would never set foot in that dealership again. Presently looking for a new truck else where!

Hyundai Santa Fe
06/24/2018 Category: Service
Very disappointed
It was June 7th, none of the employees will call me back regarding an issue, after leaving multiple messages! Service Tech was rude! Salesmen lied about work done on vehicle, and also lie about what's covered under warranty! Word of mouth in the community is, should never go their because of the lies, and letting customers be "swept" under the rug! Hoorible customer service! I would be fired if I never called a customer back! Let's hope, the word gets out more on horrible the service is that no one working up at Minntac will purchase from them!!