Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

Coventry, RI
Kia Sorento
07/23/2015
Customer satisfaction
Joe is EXTREMELY concerned for customer satisfaction. Fine communication resolved my misunderstanding of completed performance. Car was serviced at the time of appointment. Waiting was made very comfortable with TV and wifi..thank you Joe.

07/23/2015
Oil change, tire rotation, general check.
Tire rotation was not performed although it was stated that it was performed on final statement.
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 07/24/2015

Marty , Thank You For Taking The Time  to talk with Me Yesterday.We understand The Importance of Being Upfront And informed  With our customers. Thanks Again Joe

Joseph Hoyle

SK
Shannon K.
East Greenwich, RI
04/23/2015
Sorry for the miscommunication
I remember giving my new number, but I guess I hadn't. Wish you had tried using my email as well. Anyway, my car is running great and I'm glad you were quick to respond to the issue. Thank you for your service!

04/23/2015
didn't call & locked me out of my car
I'm really confused by this. I went to pick up my car today after my scheduled service and it was locked, no key to be found. I checked my voicemail on my phone and it was empty. I've never had this problem before. My past experiences have been good... But this just left me really disappointed after I went there to pick up my car only to find out I couldn't because they hadn't left me the key.
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 04/24/2015

Shannon, We Are Sorry For any confusion . We Tried to call several time during the day.The Phone would go to voicemail each time and it said mailbox is full and can not accept any more messages. So we stayed past closing time  until 5:30 .After we did not hear from you we went home . We didn't think it would be a good idea to leave your keys in the vehicle. We Make every effort to communicate with our customers as we know it is important to have your vehicle serviced in a timely manner.

Joseph Hoyle

CE
Chris E.
11/04/2019
Don’t bother
Save your time and money! Brought my car in cause my speedometer cluster would turn on and off. No other electrical issues. They had my car all day and recommended we start with a new battery. No more than an hour after having my car back the issue started again, this time even worse. I called them immediately and was told the guys left the shop for the weekend but would leave a note to call me back on Monday. A week later, still no follow up. Even responded to an email I received from the owner, explaining my issue. Turns out it was just an automated email that goes unchecked. Took it to Balise Chevy, who’s hourly rate is only about $10 more than these guys and they were able to determine the location of the short (which I suspected) in about 4 hours. If they’re going to charge about as much as the dealer, you may as well take it to them in the first place.

BL
Bridgette L.
10/28/2019
More expensive than the dealership
Brought my car in for brakes, they quoted me twice the dealership, and they still had problems. Not accommodating hours by any means. Had to bring it back to another mechanic to resolve the issue.

BL
Bridgette L.
10/28/2019
More expensive than the dealership

SL
Steve L.
07/18/2018
Done with this place....
Ouch, hit or miss with this place. After five years of pretty good service. Had AC looked and was told it was the condenser. Had it fixed and then the AC stopped working, oops it is the compressor. They replaced it (free of charge) then oops, the AC stopped working. Also had both axles replaced and the car drove wobbly after the repair. Brought car back and they fixed the AC and replaced both axles (free). Drove the car off the lot, a little wobbly but better and of course the AC stopped working on the way home. OK so maybe a total of 6 days and $2000+ and I have a car that drives a little wobbly during initial acceleration and no AC. I did bring it right back and demanded that my car be fixed a ready in the morning and said if they can't do it I'll bring it somewhere else. I guess that was the wrong thing to say....one of the managers told me to get the car off the lot before he calls the police. Wow, because I said I would bring it somewhere else. I made an appointment at another shop and the first thing the supervisor said was there is an issue with the after market right axles on my make of car and will cause the car to drive wobbly during initial acceleration....

WA
Willene A.
North Providence, RI
Mitsubishi Galant
Great service and work
Workers were knowledgablr and very helpful. My issue I came in with was resolved effectively

Andrea S.
Misunderstanding
After being concerned about no contact all day Saturday from the shop when my son dropped his car off for a diagnosis Friday and repairs Saturday I wrote an unsatisfied review. Joe contacted him after seeing my first review. He was unaware of the issue being he was out of town and assured my son he will look into the situation and apologized and also offered to work things out should my son decide to have his repairs done there. I am very Impressed that Joe reached out to my son and took responsibility for the misunderstanding. My son will do business with J&S due to the professionalism on joes part. I am confident in the outcome .

Andrea S.
Valve cleaning/diagnostic
Took car Friday for diagnostics and they said they wanted to keep it for Saturday to start car cold. They are usually closed Saturdays but would be working this Saturday . It's 6:30 pm Saturday and no call and no answer when I call. Not happy right now - need car for work Monday!

EB
Elizibeth B.
Riverside, RI
The service was excellant

NB
Neeraj B.
Cumberland, RI
07/30/2016 Category: Service
Neeraj said the business does well.

GG
George G.
07/30/2016 Category: Service
George said the employees at this business provide good service.

LC
Lei C.
Cranston, RI
07/30/2016 Category: Service
Lei said he would recommend this business for service.

Jeanna W.
07/30/2016 Category: Service
Jeanna said this business is extremely efficient. They got the work done quickly and they are very friendly.

TC
Therse C.
Hyundai Azera
Lucky find w/ Groupon
Had car serviced at dealer I bought my car , AC did not work ( 3 year old car) Dealership too busy for scheduling a repair, purchased groupon and had service done w/ oil change. Garage is immaculate and my car was spotlessly returned. Estimate given for tires~ dealership has marked as excellent shape and I could see obvious tread wear. Will return for future service here.

John A.
Providence, RI
Mercury Grand Marquis
Effecient and dependable
I hate yo write a great review. In time with the excellent service, honesty and reasonable prices it will get very difficult for me to get an appointment. Great place. They have honesty, integrity and take pride in theirs work.

Jj

Mary D.
Riverside, RI
07/29/2016
Great service, fast and good work.
Great service, fast and good work.

Daniel M.
West Warwick, RI
Happy customer
This is my second time being here and they are wonderful. My oil change was quick easy. They even printed a sheet of recommended work to be done, but wasn't pushy about getting them done. Despite someone telling me he wouldn't bring his car there I book an appointment for my other car. I have had nothing but a good experience with them.

Denise R.

Susan A.
West Greenwich, RI
BMW 328xi
Fast
First time I used them because I had a groupon. Carl was nice to work with he did exactly as I requested and also fixed a small problem without me knowing until I drove it home. I would definitely go back.