GS
GEOFF and SARAH S.
Atlantic Beach, FL
07/10/2018
I wouldn't take my car anywhere else!
Over the 20 years we've used the Japanese Specialists, David and his team have always provided technically excellent, honest and reliable auto service. He takes the time to explain the "why" and "how" of auto maintenance. David has a system of grading a vehicle's issues from 1-10, so a customer knows when an issue must be repaired immediately and when an issue can be planned for future repair. I honestly wouldn't take my car anywhere else.

FC
FRED C.
Nissan Murano
07/07/2018
Always a good experience
David runs a very efficient operation. In the years I have used his service, I have never had a problem. He is always willing to offer advice and help and his crew is efficient and competent.

SQ
SUSAN Q.
07/06/2018
Always trusted!
David always makes the time to get me in as he knows I’m on the road a lot with my vehicle. There’s been a few occasions I’ve taken my 2006 vehicle to the dealership only to return to Japanese Auto Specialists for service. David has always been upfront & honest. He addresses safety issues first, he’s been cost conscious for my budget, and has worked with my hectic work schedule. I appreciate his efforts and dedication and will continue to do business with him. He’s kept me and my 273,000+ miles vehicle safe for at least 7 years if memory serves me correctly! THANK YOU to you & your team! And to your lovely wife for keeping the waiting area smelling so good!

07/04/2018
2001 4 Runner rear axle seals and bearings
This was my second visit to have Dave and his crew work on my 2001 4 Runner. This time they replaced the rear axle seals and bearings (which the passenger side was leaking). The job is pretty time consuming looking at what videos are on you tube. I am pretty mechanically inclined but there are quite a few tools that I do not have so I opted to let David take care of this that way I knew if would be right the first time. He had my truck for about 3 days, I figured it would have been longer. When I picked the 4 Runner up he gave me a run down on other components that could be an issue later (like power steering fluid needing flushed, brake fluid and coolant needing replaced) David is really good at explaining what work needs done and I feel he is really honest. I will return for sure with any other work needed on my 3 Toyotas that I own. I can say that the dealer techs are no where near in depth at explaining how he will repair or what work needs done as good as David. I highly recommend his shop!!

LL
LEIA L.
Lexus GX 470
07/02/2018
Absolutely Love this place...
Mr. David is all ways fair & honest about what work needs to be done to your vehicle. If there are major problems or issues he will NOT let you drive your vehicle because he cares about you & your safety. Everyone here are nice. I will highy recommend Japanese Auto Specialist to anyone/everyone because you will not be disappointed in the quality of work nor will you be disappointed in the prices...

RAFAEL R.
Nissan Versa
06/27/2018
good mecanic.
David is a Good mecanic, I am very happy when He fix my car.

Jacksonville Beach, FL
06/23/2018
Recent auto work
David treats his customers as if they were family. He and his staff provide excellent service and are priced fairly. It is a pleasure doing business with him.

NZ
Nathaniel Z.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
06/20/2018 Category: Service
Nathaniel said the business has excellent customer service. They do good work.

GC
GREG C.
06/19/2018
There are many trees in a forest but very few Oaks Japanese specialist is a oak
I could say things like David and Japanese specialist good mechanics or they're the greatest mechanics and that would be true however it wouldn't convey to you the reader exactly what you'll get when you take your car to them 20 years ago I walked into David store and I have been taking my cars to him ever since not only does he fix them at a fair price but he will tell you what is going to go wrong and that you should start to save money for that now not once in 20 years have I ever questioned the bill nor anything that David has told me that I needed to do to the car I have in 20 years never broken down on the side of the road because Japanese specialist maintains my car so if you want your car to be looked at by a top mechanic take it to Japanese specialist listen carefully to their advice and take that advice because on a quiet night when David walk through the parking lots at Walmart all the cars start to shutter that have problems wrong because they know David can fix them it has been a privilege to be their customer and I would recommend to any person especially parents take your car and your children's cars to David you too will see what an amazing and knowledgeable mechanic Japanese specialist are it may take a little while to get in to have David look at your car but it's worth the wait and if you ever have a privilege of buying a car that was David's it wouldn't matter if it had five hundred thousand miles on it I would buy it because I know it had been mantained correctly

OM
OMAR M.
Honda Civic Si
06/14/2018
Excellent staff, very professional and friendly.

BR
BOB and HELEN R.
Honda Fit
06/07/2018
Maintenance
Maintenance work is done right. They also let you know what (if anything) needs to be addressed next visit. You can count on honesty and good service.

CORIE LYNN H.
06/01/2018
Won't take my cars anywhere else in Jacksonville!
My family and I (four women) have been taking our vehicles to David and his team since we moved here in 2011. They are excellent at educating you about what's going on, and I really appreciate the diagnostic reports that categorize not only what needs taken care of now, but what's likely to need attention in the future.
My Mom bought a 2008 Kia Sportage in 2012, and it was a dog the minute she bought it. David's team has been servicing it for her throughout these past 6 years, and that is the ONLY reason the darn thing is still going!
I highly recommend Japanese Auto: they are trustworthy, knowledgable, and provide fantastic customer service.

SP
SAL and CARMELLA P.
Hyundai XG350
05/27/2018
David is So thourogh
I have been taking my cars to David for over 2 years and never think about going to anyone else. He takes the time to go over the issues about your car, he is affordable and timely with the repairs. What I like the best about him is he wants the car to last as long as you do and treats them as if they were his car.

LE
LAURETTA E.
Lexus ES 350
05/16/2018
Excellent "no worry" service
A level of service and expertise that is unbeatable. Owner is very honest and takes the time to explain the condition of the vehicle and estimates costs in advance. I am consistently pleased on every visit and I will remain a loyal customer indefinitely.

SJ
SANDY J.
05/16/2018
Returning customer
David is just great! He is honest and so knowledgeable and has no problems explaining things to the last little detail. I know I am always in great hands with David!!!
Thanks David!!

Judy B.
05/09/2018
Excellent work and honest advice.
I came to Japanese Auto Specialist 6 yrs. ago after moving from Melbourne, FL. My independent mechanic told me to find one here in Jacksonville. I was blessed to pick the right place from the reviews. David has also advised me on auto detailing and painting.

DK
DAVID and CATHY K.
Kia Sephia
05/05/2018
Can Rely on Excellent Car Repair
I can always count on getting expert advice when I take my car here. After checking my car, I was advised that it would not require an unnecessary repair and could be safely driven. My car has been kept running smoothly, without spending a lot of money, because I have been taking it to Japanese Auto Specialists for many, many years. You can trust the service here. Repairs are done when necessary. Maintenance and preventive repairs are recommended only when needed to help avoid future costly service. It is their way of doing business.

RL
RONALDO L.
04/28/2018
The best Mechanic I ever had.
Mechanic with "M" capital letter.
Amazing Organization and Communication.

LH
LAWRENCE E. H.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Lexus ES 350
04/26/2018
I trust David
Obviously good work at a fair price; but most important they care about their customers and their cars.

BF
Brian F.
Saint Augustine, FL
04/26/2018
Another Awesome Job!
There work is always top notch. No come backs or redos. Right first time, everytime!
Great knowledgeable Staff!