JAIME M.
02/18/2019
Horrible experience
I took my car in to get checked out and to get a quote on repairs, after paying $56 for the diagnostic I picked up my Car Friday evening and when I did the VSA lights, and check engine lights were on and the car would start stalling out when it reached 3K RPM. I called 1st thing Monday to let them know of the issue and they said to bring it back in which I did that afternoon after work. They looked at it and said that they would have to charge another fee to be able to figure out why the car would stall at 3K RPM. I left and took my car to the Honda dealership where they looked at it and discovered the MAP sensor was unplugged within 5 minutes. Once plugged back in the VSA and check engine light went off and the car drove fine. I will not be going back and will be letting everyone I know about my experience, because they either did it on purpose to screw me over or they are incompetent.

SP
Stan P.
04/20/2018
WATCH OUT!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!
First, Dave tells me that I need a brake job, "right away" . After several attempts asking David to give me an estimate, which for some reason he never supplied. I decided to let him do the brake job. In the meantime, I did call the Toyota dealer for a ball park idea what I would be charged, around $230.00. When Dave said that the job was done, he charged me over $400.00. Almost double what the dealer's shop quoted. When I asked him why, he gave me some double talk about the dealer running a scam to entice new customers, right... Dave is very difficult to get in touch with, never returns calls and as I said, will not supply an estimate when requested. I won't be using this mechanic again.
David G. from Japanese Auto Specialist responded on 04/25/2018

Stan I have a time dated copy of the estimate provided to you and it is available reading or any one reading this to view. Dated 02/05/2018 and can prove your received it. Your vehicle arrived and your work was approved and performed 3 days later. I am not seeing any complaint from you on the performance of the brake work. I am reasonably sure all but the most inexperienced consumer knows better than to believe the bait and switch tactics from a local car dealer. the difference is your were told the truth by us up front and had  the work performed. I am at my shop 10 to 14 hours every day Monday through Friday over 200 customer come throug my doors every month you can reach me anytime you need to by Phone, Text, and email. Stan there are the people who stand in front of the forest and can only see the trees. I am absolutely you qualify for that statement. Stan I will continue to take care of those that can see the forest. With 45 years as Toyota tech there is know doubt in the mind of my intelligent customers minds my brake repair philosophy is sound. Stan we have a .002% re service rate on your brake repairs. given the fact the average deductible is up to almost $1000 today after an accident $400 dollars worth of brakes is a wise choice is my world. I only pray it is not you behind me when you need to panic stop after you have your next brake repair performed. Keep looking at the trees Stan Picus

RN

Callahan, FL
Toyota Tundra
08/15/2016
Honest and Reliable Service
David and team are above top notch with service and work ethic. I wouldn't take my vehicles anywhere else.

STEVE H.
Fernandina Beach, FL
Lexus SC 430
01/06/2020
Made my SC430 happy.
David and crew took good care of me and my car. They are nice people, knowledgeable and have reasonable prices. What else do you need?

Ron S.
Lexus IS 250
01/02/2020 Category: Service
Ron said he is a long time customer. He said the owner, David, is very honest, he never takes advantage and he fixes the vehicle appropriately. He stated it is the best place for service on a Japanese vehicle.

Lexus RX
12/24/2019
Outstanding service, but that is normal
This is the only place I will bring my car for service. I know whatever issue there is, it will be properly diagnosed and repaired the first time around all at a reasonable cost. They know their business! Friendly, always will to answer a question with a smile and treat their customers with respect. Highly recommend.....any chance you can work on my other vehicle, a non Japanese import?

BILL & MARTHA H.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
12/21/2019
best auto service
best service

BR
BOB & BOOTSY R.
12/19/2019
Good service and care and honesty.
would not have been dealing with David for so many years and recommended him to our friends and family had we not had trust in him.

ANDY B.
12/06/2019
Expertise and reasonable price combined with outstanding customer service.
Although very busy, Dave consistently takes the time to explain and provide a detailed estimate to include things that need to be done immediately or things that can be deferred until an individuals finances allow for the work to be done. I highly recommend anyone in need of service to their vehicle to bring it to Dave and his team for evaluation, service and or repair.

ANN B.
Mazda CX-5
12/06/2019
Very good and professional
My mazda cx5 was having problems starting reliably. After a diagnostic program was run on it, a bad battery was the answer. After authorizing a new battery was installed and this solved the problem. This organization is very upfront and professional. I will return, cos I was treated very well. I reccomend them.

ALEXIS S.
Scion xB
12/05/2019
Will come back
I was referred by Franz Foreign Automotive. Dave kept me informed of everything that was happening with my car. He explained things to me that I didnt understand and made me feel comfortable. I am glad I found him as I want to keep my 2006 Scion XB on the road for as long as possible!

MF
MARK & MIRANDA F.
Honda Civic Si
11/23/2019
Best Honda Mechanic
Not cheapest up front, but in the long run probably is. David Sr will call it like it is, and prioritize the repairs in order of importance. He does not skimp on parts or recommendations, and he has kept our 2005 Civic on the road and running well. David has decades of expertise and is always willing to entertain questions and provide guidance and perspective at no cost. After moving to Jacksonville it took me two years to find a good mechanic and I finally settled on David and Japanese Auto Specialist.

ROGER & SHERITON S.
Lexus LS 460
11/19/2019
New headlight walk in
Japanese Auto Specialist were excellent. We stopped in to have a new headlight fitted in our 2007 Lexus and David (the owner) couldn't have been more helpful. He fitted us in straight away and provided coffee while we waited. Doesn't get much better!