JAIME M.
02/18/2019
Horrible experience
I took my car in to get checked out and to get a quote on repairs, after paying $56 for the diagnostic I picked up my Car Friday evening and when I did the VSA lights, and check engine lights were on and the car would start stalling out when it reached 3K RPM. I called 1st thing Monday to let them know of the issue and they said to bring it back in which I did that afternoon after work. They looked at it and said that they would have to charge another fee to be able to figure out why the car would stall at 3K RPM. I left and took my car to the Honda dealership where they looked at it and discovered the MAP sensor was unplugged within 5 minutes. Once plugged back in the VSA and check engine light went off and the car drove fine. I will not be going back and will be letting everyone I know about my experience, because they either did it on purpose to screw me over or they are incompetent.

SP
Stan P.
04/20/2018
WATCH OUT!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!
First, Dave tells me that I need a brake job, "right away" . After several attempts asking David to give me an estimate, which for some reason he never supplied. I decided to let him do the brake job. In the meantime, I did call the Toyota dealer for a ball park idea what I would be charged, around $230.00. When Dave said that the job was done, he charged me over $400.00. Almost double what the dealer's shop quoted. When I asked him why, he gave me some double talk about the dealer running a scam to entice new customers, right... Dave is very difficult to get in touch with, never returns calls and as I said, will not supply an estimate when requested. I won't be using this mechanic again.
David G. from Japanese Auto Specialist responded on 04/25/2018

Stan I have a time dated copy of the estimate provided to you and it is available reading or any one reading this to view. Dated 02/05/2018 and can prove your received it. Your vehicle arrived and your work was approved and performed 3 days later. I am not seeing any complaint from you on the performance of the brake work. I am reasonably sure all but the most inexperienced consumer knows better than to believe the bait and switch tactics from a local car dealer. the difference is your were told the truth by us up front and had  the work performed. I am at my shop 10 to 14 hours every day Monday through Friday over 200 customer come throug my doors every month you can reach me anytime you need to by Phone, Text, and email. Stan there are the people who stand in front of the forest and can only see the trees. I am absolutely you qualify for that statement. Stan I will continue to take care of those that can see the forest. With 45 years as Toyota tech there is know doubt in the mind of my intelligent customers minds my brake repair philosophy is sound. Stan we have a .002% re service rate on your brake repairs. given the fact the average deductible is up to almost $1000 today after an accident $400 dollars worth of brakes is a wise choice is my world. I only pray it is not you behind me when you need to panic stop after you have your next brake repair performed. Keep looking at the trees Stan Picus

RN

Callahan, FL
Toyota Tundra
08/15/2016
Honest and Reliable Service
David and team are above top notch with service and work ethic. I wouldn't take my vehicles anywhere else.

LG
LENORA G.
Care about your car.
Very professional and knowledgeable. Tell you about the problem you having with your car and what needs to be done. Looks over everything. Awesome!!!!

JEANNE C.
10/18/2019
The owner is always on site
Dave is friendly and helpful.

Nissan Armada
Honest & Dependable
I have been going to Dave at Japanese Auto Specialist for about 7 years. He keeps my 2006 Armada on the road. 212k mikes and counting!

Tim B.
Florida
Scion tC
10/17/2019 Category: Service
Tim said he had an excellent experience as usual. They did a superb job and provided fast, same day service at a reasonable price.

PW
PAUL and ANGIE W.
Lexus RX
10/16/2019
outstanding technitians, straight forward to deal with, honest, car ready when promised.
Been using JAS for about 6 months. Find the experience refreshing after dealing with other auto mechanic businesses. Knowledgeable about Toyota products, straightforward to deal with and have confidence the car will be serviced properly the first time. Believe the pricing is fair and as disclosed when requesting the specific service. No hesitation in recommending this business. Only wish is that they were located closer to my home.

TAD M.
Honda Accord Coupe
10/16/2019
Fist Class Service Every Time
David and the crew always treat you right. Service is completed correctly the first time. The emailed estimates let me known all my costs before I agreed to have the work done. No surprises, just honest quality service. Been using Japanese Auto Specialists since the 90s.

TR
TERRY R.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Lexus ES 350
10/12/2019
Quality
I would never go anywhere else

DENISE M.

SP
Sally P.
Florida
10/11/2019 Category: Service
Sally said this business is great. She just had a couple simple problems and the service was quick and easy. They didn't charge her very much and she trusts Dave.

RE
ROY and ANN MARIE E.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Acura RDX
10/10/2019
You're in good hands with David!
My Acura has 100,000+ miles on it. After a "visit" with David, it feels brand new! He's trustworthy, dependable and, most importantly, knows Japanese automobiles!

GB
GEORGE B.
Hyundai Genesis
10/08/2019
Quality Auto Maintenance
I always receive prompt and professional service for my Genesis and good advise on services needed and why.

BJ
BARBARA J.
Nissan 350Z
09/24/2019
Great place to take you Nissan!
I took a leap of faith and brought my car to total strangers. I am so glad I did!! Japanese Auto Specialist found things that had not been taken care of over the years that were my fault for not keeping good records. Had they not found these things, I may not still have my Z. My 350Z is a 2005 and running like a top thanks to David and the crew. When I brought my car in, I was given the impression that there was a problem deep in the engine that might need a dealership appointment....meaning huge dollars and possibly a new engine. I brought my car to JAS and found out it was just the wrong type of oil used in the last oil change. I brought my car to JAS because of all the great reviews.
David provided a list of things in priority order that need to be taken care of when I have the funds to do it. I know I can bring my car to them and get good advice about what I need to do to keep it running as close to new as possible without breaking the bank. I definitely won't trust my car to a dealership and have a really hard time trusting anyone getting into the engine. I HIGHLY recommend David and his crew to get it right and at a reasonable price as well! I will be a customer for the life of the car.

DOUG and LAURA L.
Kia Sportage
09/23/2019
Fixed A/C
David got our car in, found the problem, fixed the AC Compressor Clutch and had it fixed as soon as the part came in! Longest delay was the shipping of the part and that was because of the hurricane that had come by. Wreaked all kinds of havoc with shipping. Glad my wife and son are nice and cool now!Thanks!

09/18/2019
What's that noise?
The service at Japanese Auto Specialist is always thorough, professional, timely and reasonably priced.

BP
BLAKE P.
Lexus GX 460
09/14/2019
Love Japanese Auto Specialist
David is very knowledgable and honest. They do a great job with our Lexus.