JAIME M.
02/18/2019
Horrible experience
I took my car in to get checked out and to get a quote on repairs, after paying $56 for the diagnostic I picked up my Car Friday evening and when I did the VSA lights, and check engine lights were on and the car would start stalling out when it reached 3K RPM. I called 1st thing Monday to let them know of the issue and they said to bring it back in which I did that afternoon after work. They looked at it and said that they would have to charge another fee to be able to figure out why the car would stall at 3K RPM. I left and took my car to the Honda dealership where they looked at it and discovered the MAP sensor was unplugged within 5 minutes. Once plugged back in the VSA and check engine light went off and the car drove fine. I will not be going back and will be letting everyone I know about my experience, because they either did it on purpose to screw me over or they are incompetent.

SP
Stan P.
04/20/2018
WATCH OUT!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!
First, Dave tells me that I need a brake job, "right away" . After several attempts asking David to give me an estimate, which for some reason he never supplied. I decided to let him do the brake job. In the meantime, I did call the Toyota dealer for a ball park idea what I would be charged, around $230.00. When Dave said that the job was done, he charged me over $400.00. Almost double what the dealer's shop quoted. When I asked him why, he gave me some double talk about the dealer running a scam to entice new customers, right... Dave is very difficult to get in touch with, never returns calls and as I said, will not supply an estimate when requested. I won't be using this mechanic again.
David G. from Japanese Auto Specialist responded on 04/25/2018

Stan I have a time dated copy of the estimate provided to you and it is available reading or any one reading this to view. Dated 02/05/2018 and can prove your received it. Your vehicle arrived and your work was approved and performed 3 days later. I am not seeing any complaint from you on the performance of the brake work. I am reasonably sure all but the most inexperienced consumer knows better than to believe the bait and switch tactics from a local car dealer. the difference is your were told the truth by us up front and had  the work performed. I am at my shop 10 to 14 hours every day Monday through Friday over 200 customer come throug my doors every month you can reach me anytime you need to by Phone, Text, and email. Stan there are the people who stand in front of the forest and can only see the trees. I am absolutely you qualify for that statement. Stan I will continue to take care of those that can see the forest. With 45 years as Toyota tech there is know doubt in the mind of my intelligent customers minds my brake repair philosophy is sound. Stan we have a .002% re service rate on your brake repairs. given the fact the average deductible is up to almost $1000 today after an accident $400 dollars worth of brakes is a wise choice is my world. I only pray it is not you behind me when you need to panic stop after you have your next brake repair performed. Keep looking at the trees Stan Picus

RN

Callahan, FL
Toyota Tundra
08/15/2016
Honest and Reliable Service
David and team are above top notch with service and work ethic. I wouldn't take my vehicles anywhere else.

CRAIG S.
09/29/2020
I like this Guy
David is very knowledgeable and is a straight shooter. Quality of work is good.

KH
KEN H.
Neptune Beach, FL
Lexus LS 430
09/26/2020
Outstanding as always.
A rare find...a mechanic one can trust who always does a quality job.

KL
KEN L.
09/25/2020
Excellent and timely service.
Always timely, clean, complete and professional service.

WH
WADE H.
09/25/2020
Superior Service
Hands down the best service I’ve received. Japanese Auto Specialist is in the business to provide quality work through honest practices. Their attention to giving the customer honest feedback on what’s wrong or could go wrong in the future with their vehicle reflects in work they do. Pricing is fair and David the owner has been in the business for years. He won’t sell you on something you don’t need. It’s fair to say Japanese Auto Specialist prides themselves in the best overall experience to their customers and for their vehicles.

RN
RICK & RITA N.
09/22/2020
Best for Toyota
Won’t take my cars anywhere else!

RA
RAY A.
Nissan Armada
09/18/2020
I love Dave and staff. Experience and care about me as a customer.

VH
VIVIAN H.
09/16/2020
Hitting the nail on the head service
I have a 2005 Toyota. David has been taking care this vehicle for many years. He is reliable and trustworthy. So glad to see him still in charge and his wife and son are also supporting this business. Highly recommend !

TL
TIM L.
Toyota Matrix
09/14/2020
Very knowledgeable and thorough

STEPHANIE & CHRIS W.
09/12/2020
Always reliable
I’ve been bringing my car(s) here for years. I’ll trust David and his crew to take care of my repairs for many years to come.

AK
ALAN K.
09/07/2020
Excellent Service Every Time
Probably one reason so many people rave about Japanese Auto Specialist is they use quality parts. Not only do they know what they're doing, they're doing with high quality parts. If safety and reliability are important to you, Japanese Auto Specialist should be your go to provider.