Fairland, IN
12/08/2019
Not happy.
The first time I went in, I had a friend who referred me and went in with me. And that is probably why I had gotten a better outcome. If I am to pay dealership wages and parts for an issue, I will just take it to a dealership next time. My vehicle still runs like crap and is still doing the same thing. But after paying 700 dollars in labor for a tune up and to have a wire literally cleaned and put back on I will not be returning. I cannot afford any more labor.

SG
Stacy G.
07/25/2019 Category: Service
Stacy said the staff screwed up her vehicle. They said her vehicle was in excellent shape, but she couldn't even go to the next state without her vehicle falling apart. She had to spend $700 just to get her vehicle towed. She called the business to talk to the guy that worked on her vehicle and left a message and said that he still refused to speak with her.

BF
Brad F.
Beech Grove, IN
Chevrolet Silverado SS
05/03/2019 Category: Service
Brad said the mechanic put on the wrong part and let him drive away with the wrong part on. He had to wait all day when he knew he had a trip planned.

JAMES C.
Fountaintown, IN
Ford Econoline Wagon
04/10/2019
I Was not happy
$300 labor to change out 2 caliper hoses. and the hose part cost was nearly tripled marked up also. But I was mostly disappointed , that i was not told how much the price would be before they fixed it. I got to hear the price after they fixed it. For that price, I would have backed away.

RF
RYAN F.
Carmel, IN
Chevrolet Silverado
12/26/2016
Pre-Purchase Inspection & After-Purchase Maintenance
I took a truck I was interested in buying to Jenkins to first get a pre-purchase inspection and, after getting a mostly-positive report and purchasing the vehicle, to get a few simple maintenance tasks taken care of. In the inspection Jenkins did a mostly good job informing me of small issues like a worn belt and gave me a good perspective on the health of the truck. Chris, one of the mechanics, was particularly helpful with this. After purchasing the vehicle, I had Jenkins take care of changing all of the fluids (coolant, oil, transmission oil) as well as changing the worn belt, tires, and an air filter. All of this was performed mostly without a hitch in a day and a half as I had requested.

The reason I am giving a lower rating is that less than a week after purchasing the truck I was faced with a broken brake line. Luckily, this happened overnight while the car was sitting and not during my thousand-mile road trip. After taking it to another shop I am looking at several hundred dollars in repairs because all of the brake lines were in such bad shape they needed to be replaced. If Jenkins had found this during the inspection it surely would have swayed my decision to purchase the truck. It was certainly something that should have been noticed. Because of this, I cannot recommend Jenkins to a friend.

SHANNON W.
La Place, LA
06/09/2016
A little disappointed!
Was in from out of town and needed a used car checked out before buying... The mechanic told me the repairs could cost thousands of dollars, he wasn't sure! Wrong! Got a second opinion at another auto shop and didn't pay near that to have sensors replaced! I'm sure this place does good work or estimates for some people but I feel and the reputable auto shop feels that I was definitely the unlucky one! Be cautious.

Joanna T.
Volkswagen New Beetle
04/16/2016 Category: Service
Joanna said she is not happy with the business. When she left, bunch of lights and issues came up with her vehicle. She would not recommend this facility.

Libby B.
Ford Crown Victoria
12/21/2015 Category: Service
Libby said this business told her a part needed to be replaced but when she took it to another facility, they told her this was not the case.

GS
Greg S.
Indiana
10/22/2015 Category: Service
Greg said he was not happy with this business at all. They did not leave the keys to his vehicle were they were supposed to. His father had to rent a vehicle for him because he could not get in his vehicle.

JOHN F.

TG
THERESA G.
09/17/2014
Doesn't deserve a star
I will not ever bring my car or any car or recommend anybody bring their car there to your shop, I was taken advantage of and charged for an hour of service that I did not get. I took my car to your shop because you were recommended as somebody who does not take advantage of people and I was taken advantage of. I was charged for services that were never done to my car even though I knew what was wrong with my car, the mechanic still did things his way. I was charged $100 for a caliper bolt to be put on my car, the most expensive lesson I have ever learnt in my life. I was pencil whipped on your maintenance chart, I know the hood was never lifted on my car because I watched what was being done to my car and there was no way my hood could have been lifted because it was up on the rack. I am very disappointed and angry for being taken advantage of by an auto repair shop that I really didn't think would take advantage of me. You took the last money that I had in my pocket for your own greed and I will not ever come back for you to do that to me again.

Jack G.
Knightstown, IN
07/26/2014 Category: Service
Jack said they were terrible with him. They wouldn't fix his vehicle and they were very rude. He will not recommend them due to this experience.

MK

Eric D.
Indianapolis, IN
Dodge Ram Van
05/05/2014 Category: Service
Eric said this business got him in for an emergency. The work was done okay but the price was higher than a similar recent experience. There were some greasy fingerprints on the vehicle afterwards. He would not recommend them to others.

Candice C.
New Palestine, IN
Nissan Versa
04/14/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Kyle. He said when his wife was sitting in the lobby she could hear everything they were saying in their office. A lot of the things they were saying were not good. He would not recommend them to others for the reason mentioned.