Continue reading recommended reviews

MJ
Michael J.
07/08/2020
Buyer Beware
If you buy a car here and have a problem, you need to know that they have a reputation of not helping or keeping their word. They will do anything to get a sale and leave you with the problems they sold you. Don't be fooled by supposed happy customers. Google reviews are purchased-- according to one of their sales guys-- in an attempt to make up for their true customer review...many of which are not favorable! Check them out with the Better Business Bureau if you question this. Their score is a D !!!!!! That says it all.

JE
Jackie E.
07/04/2020
Sneaky and dishonest
My poor daughter got dipped by this company. They lied about the check engine light during the test drive. Then stalled for three months on the repair. Turns out it is a bad powertrain. The manager told them to leave and said they will not repair.....$1600.

2016 Hyundai Azera
06/23/2020 Category: Service
BAD..
Unprofessional communication and no accountability of service done, no written explanation of expected cost. Providing verbal round figure.
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 06/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to come in for service. After pulling your sevice record and talking with the advisor and the tech it has been brought to my attention that the fog light was working on the vehicle and is still working on the vehicle as you have not came back to have the fog light issue resolved however, when you did returned to service it was due to a damaged splash shield under the vehicle that had been impacted and was draggin on the ground. This was not an issue while the vehicle was here or you would have not left with a piece of your car dragging on the ground. I have also pulled the telephone conversation and you were given an itemized break down with cost for that estimate. At that time you also asked for spark plugs with the estimate and you were given a total that it would be under including the spark plugs and it was under the total amount that you requested. That being said it was a telephone conversation for authorization and you agreed to the price for the estimate given. You were provided the itemized breakdown when you arrived at the store and the active delivery was done on your vehicle. We look forward to seeing you at your next service visit and thank you for coming in to your local Hyundai store.

Marianne B.
Wagener, SC
04/05/2020
Terrible service from Toya in Parts Dept.
Three months ago I came in to order a paint kit for my 2009 Santa Fe - Toya came out to look at it, we went back in and she attempted to look it up on computer and told me she would call me when she found it - I waited two weeks and didn't hear from her so I called - was told she wasn't in but would give her the message - two more weeks went by and still hadn't heard from her - called back again, spoke with her ' she told me Hyundai didn't make it anymore and there were different colors of black paint - mine was black Pearl F11 - but she would try to find other resources for it - now three weeks go by and I still don't hear from her - I call again and she says she remembers me and she is still looking - will call me back in 30 minutes - never hear from her - go online myself to Amazon put in the F11 she told me about and low and behold Amazon has it! Just on a wild guess I go to the Hyundai website and put the VIN number of my suv and guess what? Hyundai has the paint to match!
What the heck is going on? Granted this suv is 10 years old but in beautiful condition - always garaged and had only 50000 miles on it and for what the price was I would be a fool to pass it up!
But Toya has put a sour taste in my mouth for dealing with Peacock Hyundai and when I do buy a new one and as great as this suv is I will be buying one in the near future but I doubt from Peacock Hyundai!

BP
Billy P.
Gilbert, SC
2014 Hyundai Azera
03/03/2020 Category: Service
I don't do negative reviews, but NEVER AGAIN!
I bought my 2014 Azera from what was then Jim Hudson Hyundai, with 6,400 miles on the clock, in December 2015. Not long after, we noticed that the exhaust tips were black and if we had to accelerate quickly, it would blow a cloud of black smoke. I reported this to the dealership several times when I would take the car for service. About 5 months ago, I had to have it towed to them. It turned out to be nothing more than needing a battery but I was out of town and it's my wife's daily driver. I called Peacock to ask them to please find out why it was rolling coal like a tuned diesel and missing. They supposedly investigated. The response? "We can't find a code and it needs spark plugs." Took it back in January (after having new plugs installed in October), when it finally did throw codes, and firmly told the service manager that I did not want the car back until it was right. Ended up needing a new engine after only 73K miles. Why? Because two cylinders had massive compression leaks. That doesn't happen overnight, folks. It quite possibly could have been avoided if they had truly investigated the issue long before. They replaced it under warranty, and I will take it back for the first oil change so they can inspect it, but that will be the last time I take my car there. On the upside, my service advisor did all he could to get this resolved and I felt bad for him in all of it. In the future, I hope they will do whatever they can to make sure they take care of their customers' problems right and the first time.
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 03/04/2020

I would like to thank you for taking the time to come back in despite having so many issues with your engine concern with the past dealer. I am glad we were able to take care of this for you and get the car fixed. We will look forward to seeing you on your next service visit.

JOHN F.
02/21/2020
After sales services.
Had a good experience when my wife and I bought the Santa Fe at the end of January. Salesman gave us the key fob and apologised that it was the only one he had for that car. My wife still had the fob from our previous Santa Fe, which was identical, so I asked if he could get this programmed to the new car. Was told come in Wednesday. Came in and found it was his day off, so was sent to service and there was told they cant do it without a work order and they would text me when I could come in.Not contacted for a week so called salesman and was told I must pay for the programming and he did not mean to give that impression. My wife and I were not under that impression when buying the car, don't feel this is a good way to be treated after buying a $20000 car.
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 02/25/2020

Thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused. I would like to gladly take care of this service at no cost to you at your earliest convenience. When possible please bring both remotes and I will have the new remote programed for you. We look forward to assisting you and glad we can help.

MF
Mark F.
01/01/2020
Old “Bait and Switch “
I went into the dealer and met “Bob” who seemed to be sincere. After I test drove 2 Sonatas and decided on the Limited, Bob said he would have to meet with the owner to see if he could do any better on the price. I took a picture of the Car price sticker and the Dealer sticker that was on the car window. The MSRP sticker had a total of $34,365 and the dealer sticker had a total of $30,529. I asked Bob about the difference and he said “ that must be the already discounted price”. It was this price of $30,529 that Bob was going to see if he could do any better on.
After a few calls the next morning Bob tried to offer me cheaper options on cheaper Sonatas that they allegedly got in overnight from another dealer.
I was not interested and decided to go to the dealership. Bob offered several reasons why they could not honor the price. I reminded him again that I had a picture of both of the stickers and expect them to honor the price. He said they could not. I asked to talk to the owner. The owner came in in a huff and said they could not honor the price that I took a picture of. He said “this isn’t retail”. I took this to mean that their employee who put the wrong sticker on the car nor the dealership has no responsibility or integrity to accept responsibility for their error and honor the price advertised in writing on the sticker. Bottom line, Peacock Hyundai, in my estimation pulled the old bait and switch one more time.
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 01/03/2020

I would like to thank you for coming in. Im not sure how but this is review is for the service department and based on your experience this is a sales concern. I will get this to the appropriate department.

Ron H.
12/13/2019
Noisy Waiting Room
I'm sitting in the waiting room (in the "quiet space") and have to listen to Christmas carols AND the TV. If I go outside there are more speakers blaring "happy" music. Same in the sales area. Does all this noise really help sell cars and make service customers happy to wait on their cars?
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 12/13/2019

I thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I am sorry the seasonal music was not to your liking. We look forward to seeing you on your next service visit.

KC
Kermit C.
10/23/2019
Buyer Beware of the tricks but no treats
Wanted a reliable used car for my teenager. Saw a nice car on website, called a week prior to make an appointment to look at it on Monday, 21 Oct. Was told at the appointment that the car was in Georgia. The old bait and switch-when you had several days to get the vehicle to SC. Was offered another car that cost more than what I wanted to spend, negotiated a deal and left with what I thought was a good deal. Well, the very next day, my son had to pull over because the car was skipping and wanted to cut off. Took the car to Nissan the next morning and they knew about the car because it was seen by them a month ago and the previous owner was advised that a transmission was needed. WTW-you mean Peacock sold us something that needed a new transmission? You mean you'd rather make a buck or two instead of putting the safety of your customers first? Took it back to Peacock, requesting money back and they wanted to give us another car of equal value. They refused to perform the repairs as well..Would be a fool to take another car off their lot. Would not advise anyone to deal with these folks!! Would give it 0 stars if I could with regards to Sales and Service. Don't waste your time or money. 3-Day Buy Back Guarantee is a joke!!

WB
William B.
10/04/2019
Vehicle Damaged/Svc Mgr Won't Return my Calls
On Sat. 9/23 I washed my vehicle in preparation to have it serviced on Mon. 9/23, at which time there was no damage present. A week after having it serviced (Sat.9/28), I noticed two small gouges in the lower plastic side panel on the passenger side. On 9/30 I called the dealership service dept. and ended up having to leave a message on Aaron Shepard's phone explaining what happened and asking him to call me back. After not getting a call back, I called again, this time talking to the receptionist. I explained to her what happened and she said she would have the service manager call me. Since then, I have found out that the service manager is the same person who I left my original voice mail with. Today is 10/4 and I still have not been contacted by the service manager. I'm beginning to feel like he may be avoiding me due to the situation. This is extremely discouraging to me as a new Hyundai owner. I started to give a review of 1, but felt like other employees in the service department have treated me so politely, that I would up it to a 2.
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 10/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I am sorry we missed your call. I would definetly like to speak with you in regards to your service visit. I will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you for your time.

KH
Kathryn H.
09/25/2019
Service Dept needs training
Every time I drop off my car for an oil change it seems as though Peacock Hyundai doesn't do their MULTI POINT INSPECTION. I guess they are just trying to make money. This time they told my I need new tires (they are 6 months old), I need new spark plugs (They put a new engine in my car 8 months ago) I need new brake pad (they are about 18 months old) Does Peacock even look at these things? There are always new employees that dont know whats going on when I drop off my car. I gave 2 stars only because of the sales people. I have purchased 4 cars from this location. It may be time to try Stivers Hyundai

09/24/2019 Category: Service
Na
Na
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 09/25/2019

Thank you for allowing Hyundai to assist in getting the paint repaired on your vehicle. I would like to reach out to you and go over what happened between you and the body shop that performed the repairs.

BC
Brian C.
09/02/2019
Terrible
Did not fix my vehicle as they said they did and told me to take it somewhere else even though I was charged over $100

Teshawnda B.
Winnsboro, SC
07/31/2019
Online purchase
We purchase a vehicle that was supposed to be in Columbia. However when we got to Columbia, we found out that the car was in Hilton Head, SC. My husband and I had to wait all day the next day to receive our car. When the car came it had no gas and several dents. No one from the dealership has yet to call to see if we had any questions about the vehicle we purchased.

07/24/2019 Category: Service
Frustrated .....
Chris in the service department has been great !!! Although we are beyond frustrated with Hyundai Corporate !!! Suggestion Hyundai.... Don't call a customer with insulting buyback offers while they are waiting to get their entire engine replaced under a recall/warranty, especially after their son could have literally been killed on the interstate when his engine completely locked up and cut off while driving !!!!!
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 08/22/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with your service advisor. Your input is very appreciated and we look forward to geting your re score in.

Kevin S.
06/12/2019
It was ok
They didn't vaccum out my car as promised

WC
Wanda C.
Barnwell, SC
03/27/2019 Category: Service
Pushy salesman
No complaints with the service department, however, while waiting, my husband and I decided to stroll through the parking lot and were approached by a salesman. We explained to him multiple times that we were just killing time. Before I knew it, I was being worked up to purchase a new vehicle, something I had no interest in doing. He was overboard and way to pushy , wouldn’t take no for an answer. I don’t care to come back due to this issue. Sometimes I just like to get out and walk and don’t care to be harassed by a pushy salesman.
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 04/02/2019

I'm sorry for the salesmans approach. I have escalidated this to our General Sales Manager. Thank you for your buisness.

TW
Tonya W.
03/19/2019 Category: Service
Don't buy a hyundai until you go to internet and read recalls, problems, service bulletins, and complaints. Terrible Product; should be recall like the Volkswagons.

TW
Tonya W.
03/16/2019 Category: Service
Attitude poor. Hyundai trying to charge for their known defective steering issues.
Never buy a Hyundai; look up all the complaints about Hyundai products on the internet.
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 03/18/2019

Thank you for your response.

SL
Shea L.
Camden, SC
03/12/2019
Sale
The salesmen did not keep their word and made promises that they did not honor. They refuse to call me back on several occasions and the vehicle I purchased was damaged and in need of work . I felt like they too advantage of me on several levels and I would never do business with them again. Please please please be careful before purchasing from them.