Overall Rating 4.7499963/5Overall Rating 4.7499963/5Overall Rating 4.7499963/5Overall Rating 4.7499963/5rating 4.7499963
Overall Rating 2.19643/5Overall Rating 2.19643/5rating 2.19643rating 2.19643rating 2.19643

Continue reading recommended reviews

RP
Ruth P.
Ward, SC
2016 Hyundai Veloster
This review is currently pending verification from the business.
08/19/2019 Category: Service
Poor timing and work.
Poor time mamagement and poor quality. 2n# time back and y'all still don't know how to finish your jobs. Thanks!

Teshawnda B.
Winnsboro, SC
07/31/2019
Online purchase
We purchase a vehicle that was supposed to be in Columbia. However when we got to Columbia, we found out that the car was in Hilton Head, SC. My husband and I had to wait all day the next day to receive our car. When the car came it had no gas and several dents. No one from the dealership has yet to call to see if we had any questions about the vehicle we purchased.

07/24/2019 Category: Service
Frustrated .....
Chris in the service department has been great !!! Although we are beyond frustrated with Hyundai Corporate !!! Suggestion Hyundai.... Don't call a customer with insulting buyback offers while they are waiting to get their entire engine replaced under a recall/warranty, especially after their son could have literally been killed on the interstate when his engine completely locked up and cut off while driving !!!!!

Kevin S.
06/12/2019
It was ok
They didn't vaccum out my car as promised

WC
Wanda C.
Barnwell, SC
03/27/2019 Category: Service
Pushy salesman
No complaints with the service department, however, while waiting, my husband and I decided to stroll through the parking lot and were approached by a salesman. We explained to him multiple times that we were just killing time. Before I knew it, I was being worked up to purchase a new vehicle, something I had no interest in doing. He was overboard and way to pushy , wouldn’t take no for an answer. I don’t care to come back due to this issue. Sometimes I just like to get out and walk and don’t care to be harassed by a pushy salesman.
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 04/02/2019

I'm sorry for the salesmans approach. I have escalidated this to our General Sales Manager. Thank you for your buisness.

TW
Tonya W.
West Columbia, SC
03/19/2019 Category: Service
Don't buy a hyundai until you go to internet and read recalls, problems, service bulletins, and complaints. Terrible Product; should be recall like the Volkswagons.

TW
Tonya W.
West Columbia, SC
03/16/2019 Category: Service
Attitude poor. Hyundai trying to charge for their known defective steering issues.
Never buy a Hyundai; look up all the complaints about Hyundai products on the internet.
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 03/18/2019

Thank you for your response.

SL
Shea L.
Camden, SC
03/12/2019
Sale
The salesmen did not keep their word and made promises that they did not honor. They refuse to call me back on several occasions and the vehicle I purchased was damaged and in need of work . I felt like they too advantage of me on several levels and I would never do business with them again. Please please please be careful before purchasing from them.

KJ
Kathleen J.
Gaston, SC
02/05/2019
Peacock Hyundai does not deliver on promises
I purchased a vehicle from Peacock Hyundai due to the excellent experience always received in the past when the establishment was Jim Hudson. The second week I had the vehicle, it left me stranded with a dead alternator. The vehicle was towed to peacock where I was told the front valve cover had leaked on the alternator, causing the alternator to malfunction and that the valve cover gasket and alternator were being replaced. Several days later, I heard a noise coming from the front passenger side of the vehicle. Upon opening the hood, I found that the alternator belt had shredded. Peacock said this was due to a defect in the alternator and replaced it a second time.
A few weeks later, I noticed oil sitting on top of the alternator and oil thy had leaked below the valve cover gasket that had assumably been replaced for a second time. I took the car to the dealership again and spoke to the service manager, Paul who said for me to give him a call the following week and that he would replace the valve cover gasket a and put me in a loaner vehicle and get it taken care of since I had nothing but bad experiences. He said everything would be set up the next week for me to bring it back to them to be repaired and a loaner car so I could get back and forth to work while it was being fixed (again). Upon calling Paul the beginning of the next week, he said he simply did not have a loaner car and that they are in high demand with 2 other people waiting for one. He did not offer a time when one would be available so I could drop off the car to get it repaired. I told him to follow up with me the next week, that it needed to be repaired as promised and that I needed a loaner to get to work. Another week (now 2 weeks) has passed since Paul said everything would be taken care of, the car repaired and a loaner for me to use and I have yet to hear anything.
To top off the issue, the original employee handing my financing let the financing deal drop by not submitting information I had sent him to the lender. I was had to take a secondary finance offer at a higher interest rate from the original due to this.
I am extremely dissatisfied with Peacock Hyundai and recommend for anyone looking to purchase a vehicle from them to look elsewhere. They do not deliver on promises and offer excuses for defaults on their behalf.

Joseph L.
Batesburg, SC
01/31/2019
Sales
Was shown a vehicle and given an estimated sale price, My wife and I went back the next evening to finalize paper work and purchase said vehicle. The price had increased $3500. They wanted to know what the "out the door price" would be. When we were told the new price we went "out the door."
I can't give it lower than a one star rating, but I would if I could.
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 02/01/2019

Thank you for your response. These surveys good or bad help us to understand the areas we need to improve.

Debra W.
Hamer, SC
01/28/2019
Terrible dealership
The only reason I put 1 star is to leave this review. I give them a “0” star . They confirmed the car was available, took my application, confirmed (points off my credit) I was “good to go” all I needed was checks stubs etc.. and a appointment time to get the car. Drove almost 2 hrs, they called to confirmed an hour before My arriving and when I arrive the salesman knew I had the appointment and he comes back and I’m told they had sold the car the week before. Key word the week before. If any questions I have a hard copy of every confirmation!!!!! I DO Not recommend this dealership at all!!!
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 01/30/2019

Thank you for your response. I will certainly pass this on to our sales management. These surveys good or bad help us to understand the things we need to work on.

KK
Keena K.
08/11/2018 Category: Service
TOO MANY RECALLS!!!
I don’t like my 2012 Sonata!!! I’ve had it for 3 years and there has been over 5 recalls for this vehicle. My brake and headlights are always burning out!!!

PH
Petual H.
Myrtle Beach, SC
08/01/2018
Extremely dissatisfied
On May 22, 2018, I drove my 2013 Hyundai Azera, from Myrtle Beach, SC, to Jim Hudson, GMC, service department, on Killian Road. There were abnormal noises suspected from the engine. After two (2) day, and unavailability of transport, I drove the vehicle to Jim Hudson Hyundai located on Greystone Blvd. (The name has since changed) on May 24, 2018. No loaner cars were available, so I was driven to Hertz, by the GMC courtesy van for a rental. Mr Rogers was gracious enough to wait with my father and I, assuring I received a rental, so I would not be stranded. The service department had my vehicle for approximately a month. I still don’t completely understand exactly what was the problem. On June 21, 2018, I was assured repairs were completed, my vehicle was driven back to Jim Hudson GMC, where it started spewing oil and smoking, in the parking lot, thus having to be towed back to Jim Hudson Hyundai. Once returned, I was assured my vehicle was in working order June 22, 2018. However, upon inspection, there was grease on the driver’s seat, door and oil left on the undercarriage. Tyrone Goodwin and Zanthony Rambert, personally detailed my vehicle and double checking everything was in working order, before my drive home to Myrtle Beach. All I know is, I have been stuck with the cost of a $595.00 rental car bill, and $160.00 charge for a new battery, since I was informed mine “died” while in the service department. Tyrone Goodwin-service department and Zanthony Rambert-sales-Jim Hudson, GMC, provided exceptional customer service, not only by providing a loaner vehicle, after three (3) weeks, but also attempting to keep me informed. I received limited communication from Adam-Hyundai service department. I have never witnessed such a lack of customer care in my entire life. With both an extended and factory warranty, I should not have to be responsible for a rental. I still have yet to receive any compensation for the rental charges. I am extremely dissatisfied with the service I received and lack of information. With that being said, I will NEVER purchase another vehicle from Jim Hudson, nor will I EVER own another Hyundai.

M W.
Little Mountain, SC
07/19/2018
Awful sales and service
Employee had an accident and dented my car before I can drive it off the lot. Too bad I had already signed the paperwork and they are not obligated to cancel the deal even though it's their fault. Now I have a car that I know had the accident on it but I bought it certified with no accidents. Guess I'm stuck. If you buy a used car whether it is certified or not they can pretty much do anything they want and since it is used it is in used condition no matter how you originally purchased it

John W.
Little Mountain, SC
07/19/2018
Awful sales and service
Arrigant sales manager and unreliable careless service

2015 Hyundai Genesis
04/14/2018 Category: Service
Dealership was friendly and helpful
I recently had my car serviced by Jim Hudson. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I would bring my car here again!

PW
Patricia W.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
03/31/2018 Category: Service
My Elantra
Service staff are very friendly. I rated overall a 2 because my car is 2 years old and my battery already died. It wasn’t just any battery either! It’s a Hyundai patented battery that cost me over $300 to replace! I wasn’t told my car needed a special battery when I bought it. I think it’s outrageous that a battery would die this soon and equally outrageous that it would cost this much to replace and/or not covered by the warranty. At least the tow was free.

Dorinda G.
03/15/2018 Category: Service
Recall
Everyone and everything was great

03/15/2018 Category: Service
recall
very good
Morgan M. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 03/19/2018

I am glad we were able to speak with you abou this review! We appreciate your business and hope to work with you again in the future!

Customer Relations Manager

Christopher M.
Irmo, SC
2016 Hyundai Veloster
02/13/2018 Category: Service
Don’t want to
Still wish I hadn’t bought this Hyundai but can’t sell it or trade. I’m upside down on loan so I’m stuck.
Morgan M. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 02/14/2018

Thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions about the service you recieved please do not hesitate to contact me!

Customer Relations Manager
803.799.1234 ext 1316
mmiller@jimhudson.com

NICHOLAS C. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 02/14/2018

Mr. Mccall,

I would really like to talk with you in regards to your previous service experience. Please call me on my cell at 803.730.4408, when you have a moment.

Nick Counts
Asst. Service Manager

ME
Michael E.
Hardeeville, SC
2017 Hyundai Veloster
02/01/2018 Category: Service
It's making me do this to continue...
See service review...
Morgan M. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 02/01/2018

Thank you for your business with us! If you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact me!

Customer Relations Manager