03/29/2018 Category: Service
Get the service cost in writing, expect a LONG wait
Expecting 60 dollar charge, it was over 100, service taking over 2 hours when you have .ca scheduled appointment
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/31/2018

It is never our attention to mislead a customer of the final cost for service.  I have spoke with each advisor individually and explained the importance of covering time necessary and cost of each service being performed.  I do agree that two hours for the services performed on your vehicle is excessive, and that any delay or extra time needed should have been brought to your attention.  I personally apologize for the time and any miscommunication regarding the cost of the services.

Justin Kertz
Joe Machens Hyundai

2014 Hyundai Elantra
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Come here if you have money to burn and time to waste
Oil change took over 2 hours. The service personnel tried to sell me several services and new tires totaling over $1000. Many of the services he tried to sell me were unnecessary and not recommended by the Hyundai owner's manual that came with my car.
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/23/2018

I apologize for any miscommunication regarding the service time for your vehicle.  An oil change and wash service should most definitely be done within an hour.  The additional services performed on your vehicle increased the time needed for completion, and this should have been brought to your attention.  I would like to go over all recommendations made during your last service and feel free to reach out to me if you question any recommendations made in the future.  We do appreciate your business in our service and sales department, and I never want you to leave questioning the services performed or recommended.

Justin Kertz
Joe Machens Hyundai

Kathleen S.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/08/2018 Category: Service
Honesty and reliability and I like the car wash!
Chris did a great job in getting my service accomplished in a timely manner. He is respectful, listens well and takes concerns to heart. He went the extra mile for me which makes you feel like family.The car wash at the end makes me feel like they take pride in what they do as well.
CHRIS S., Service Advisor from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/08/2018

Such kind words Kathy, I will always take pride in what I do and thank you deeply for the compliments! I look forward to seeing you in the future!

Chris Sanchez

02/12/2018 Category: Service
Horrible after 3rd purchase
Horrible
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/13/2018

I am extremely sorry if anyone at our location treated you in a manner that was anything but professional and courteous.  The decision to decline your warranty repair was made by Hyundai Motor America, therefore it was not a decision made by our dealership.  Our team has exhausted every avenue available in an attempt to find full and/or partial coverage for your repairs.  We are truly sorry for the final outcome.

Centralia, MO
2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
01/10/2018 Category: Service
Premises are clean and people are friendly.
I always get good service. Last walk-in oil change I had to wait a little while, but it was not a problem. They vacuumed out the inside of my car as usual, but did not wash my car like they used to. Maybe it was the weather.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/11/2018

Thank you for the great score.  If it is below freezing we do not wash cars.

2008 Hyundai Entourage
01/10/2018 Category: Service
Poor Communication
Poor communication within the service department resulted in a return trip for me to ensure all the services I requested were completed.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/10/2018

Thank you for the feedback.  I am truly sorry for the bad experience.  I will have a discussion with both the technician and service advisor involved.  If there is anything I can do please feel free to contact me directly.

Andrew Moeller

BG
Barbara G.
Huntsville, MO
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
01/05/2018 Category: Service
disappointed
asked to have oil changed was told could not be done
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/06/2018

Good morning Barbara,

I am truly sorry for what happened here. I don't know why they couldn't change the oil but I am so glad you sent this feedback so that I can find out. I hate to hear that you will not be back but completely understand if we really did this bad of a job. Thank you for your feedback and business.

LL
Linda L.
01/03/2018 Category: Service
be prepared to wait even if you have an appointment
service takes excessive time
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/03/2018

Hi Linda,
    Thank you so much for your feedback these are things I need to hear. I'm not sure what happened but I'm betting the adviser did give you a good time frame as to how long a coolant flush takes. I will make sure this does not happen again. Thank you so much for your business.

2012 Hyundai Elantra
12/27/2017 Category: Service
Beware
Don't trust anything the service department tells you! I highly recommend you get a second opinion!!
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/27/2017

Thank you for your feedback. Our technicians are factory trained and it is our job to keep the customer safe.  I wasn't able to look at your car personally, but would be happy to do so.  If this is true and they are saying something is bad when it is not, then I need to know about it.  Please let me know if you would like me to personally look at it, so I can at least know and can deal with it.  Again, thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me personally.

John C.
Marshall, MO
2007 Hyundai Entourage
12/27/2017 Category: Service
Good service, always friendly, and comfortable waiting accommodations.
I appreciated greatly the complete and unquestioning warranty service of this visit, even though the original product installation that needed replacement had been performed by an out-of-town Hyundai service company.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/27/2017

Thank you John it was our pleasure we always appreciate your business.

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
12/26/2017 Category: Service
Excellent staff
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/26/2017

Thank you this is great to hear I feel like we have a great team. Thank you so much for your business.

LC
Linda C.
Boonville, MO
12/26/2017 Category: Service
Keeping your word
Service was great. Approximately 9 months I referred a friend Gayle Gfellar, she purchased a vehicle. I was told that I would receive 100.00 as a referral fee. I have not received it and has been brought to your attention 4 times. Will not be referring friends.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/26/2017

Hi Linda thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that service is doing good for you. I will get with the general manager and find out why you haven't received  your check yet. Thank you for your business.

CL
Christopher L.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/08/2017 Category: Service
poor service
they make appointments for service but you are just in line behind others. The appointment isn't an apppointment. I waited two hours for a 15 minute oil change.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/08/2017

Hi Mr. Long I am truly sorry it took so long for your oil change. With washing your car the oil change should take an hour if it's two hours then we have a problem. I will get with my team and find out where the problem is. Thank you for your feedback that's how we get better.

EI
Erik I.
12/07/2017 Category: Service
Taken care of
Oil drip issues were resolved.

12/07/2017 Category: Service
Not sure what happened
Took the car in for an oil change. Noticed oil spots on my driveway and garage floor. Taking it back to see why I now have an oil leak that didn't exist before this service.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/08/2017

Good morning Erik we just got done looking at your car and there was some residual oil on the under cover from that didn't get cleaned off we are truly sorry for that. We will not let that happen again. Thank you for your feedback.

Jane L.
11/14/2017 Category: Service
Unreliable quality
You must watch the service, hope it is completed, and done correctly. Always let the buyer beware.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/14/2017

Jane,

We strive to give each customer that comes through our doors a fantastic service experience. This can be reflected in our 95% customer satisfaction score which is the second best in the midwest region. I am confident that we complete a multi-point inspection on every vehicle brought in for service, no matter how small the job. If the findings of this MPI were not relayed to you at the time of checkout I apoligize and in that we can do better.
Given the cold weather, it is very likely the TPMS light illumination was due to this, since our new vehicles are very sensitive to pressure changes. I am happy you were able to come in so that we could quickly correct your pressure loss from the cold and get you back on the road quickly.
Again- thank you so much for providing feedback, as we strive to maintain our 95% service rating. This rating can only be done by listening to our customers and we appreciate any opportunity to hear about your service. Please let us know how we can assist you in the future- we look forward to your continued business.