1904 Reviews

Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5rating 4.7272755
Overall Rating 2.27273/5Overall Rating 2.27273/5rating 2.27273rating 2.27273rating 2.27273

TH
Tristen H.
2009 Hyundai Elantra
03/04/2017 Category: Service
Bad diagnostic
Same as previously stated.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/06/2017

Hi Tristen,
   I'm sorry to hear this. If you have the time please get with me and let me know what the other shop came up with. This is how we get better.

RP
Rick P.
Iberia, MO
2016 Hyundai Veloster
02/03/2017 Category: Service
Oil change & tire rotation
Took over 1 1/2 hours
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/03/2017

Thank you for your feedback Rick I will get with my team and see if we can get to time frame down since we also wash your vehicle it does take a little longer. Next time let them know not to wash it and it will be quicker.

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/10/2017 Category: Service
George needs to go
George needs to go, but reality is lesson learned not going back. Just my two cents.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/12/2017

I hate to hear this out of all my service adviser's George is the one that always has the best csi. I don't know if he was having a bad or what but I will definitely find out thank you for your business and your feedback.

Doris L.
Hallsville, MO
2013 Hyundai Tucson
01/02/2017 Category: Service
i have auto serviced where it was purchased
didn't seem to have anyone managing check-out desk or parts section. As usual they wanted to change all filters and etc. anything in order to charge another buck.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/02/2017

Hi Doris, thank you for your feedback it sounds like there are a few things I need to look into. When the waiting room is crowded it does make it worse on everybody that's why we encourage the use of the shuttle van we just don't have a lot of of room in there. As for the filters it is there job to keep you informed on the status of your car I believe if you we didn't bring something to your attention and you found out somewhere else that something needed attention and we didn't tell you you would not be pleased with us. Thank you so much for your feedback and for your business.

Iberia, MO
2016 Hyundai Veloster
12/30/2016 Category: Service
Fair
Didn't seem to know what they were
Doing.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/30/2016

I hate to here this, you worked with the two best guys in the shop I wish I knew what happed so I could fix it. Thank you for your business.

Moberly, MO
2012 Hyundai Veracruz
12/22/2016 Category: Service
Waiting area
Waiting area is always crowded.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/22/2016

Thank you so much for your feedback and you are right it does get crowded I wish there was someway that we could make it bigger. Thank you for your business.

FC
FRANK C.
2014 Hyundai Equus
11/27/2016 Category: Service
Third time still not fixed.
Third time and not resolved.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/28/2016

Hi Frank I know we just talked and I am truly sorry. I am working hard to get this resolved with Hyundai for your. Thank you for your patience.

HC
Heather C.
Mexico, MO
11/17/2016 Category: Service
Losing my trust in honest service....
I called and scheduled an appt with Jeff. He offered 1130 on Sat. The Thursday before appt, I had a flat tire in the morning. I was able to fill it up at home. At the end of my work day, it was flat again and my husband had to bring the air tank to fill back up. I took the car to my local tire shop to get fixed. They were unable to fix my tire because the master lugnut wrench was not in my car. Before this, I had only taken my car to the dealership and had not removed anything of that description from my car. I called Jeff on Friday to let him know that I was missing the master wrench and that I had 2 tire leaks to look at. The one that just happened was leaking fast, and another one that was a slow leak that I only had to fill up approx every 2 weeks. Jeff said it would be no problem. I arrived to my appt on Sat 10 minutes early. When I explained to George Pannell what services I needed, he said it would take awhile. Unfortunately, I was scheduled in the middle of the guys lunch break. He would do the best he could. I asked him about the master wrench and he said it wouldn't be Machen's fault, because he said I had not had my tires rotated there. Therefore would be charged $15/ tire to be fixed. After waiting quite awhile, George comes out to tell me that they found a nail in my tire but they are unable to fix it because of it's placement. I asked him which tire it was. He said the back right. Since that's the one with a slow leak, I told him not to worry about it for now. At that time, I asked him to print me a record of my previous services on my car. He came back with in 20 minutes to let me know that once he printed my record, he DID see that they had rotated my tires and that's most likely when my master wrench when missing. Because of this, they rightfully decided to fix my flat tires for free. I believe I would've paid full price if I hadn't asked for prool :( He also told me at this time that when trying to put my tire back on, they accidentally put a hole it. Because of this, they would put a tire of theirs on free of charge. It's my belief that this happened initially and they tried to get ME to pay for the tire and blame it on the nail. It's too coincidental. Finally, after 3 hours of waiting with my daughter over lunch, we were able to go. If I had not pushed and asked for proof and also had my husband call and talk to Mr. Pannell, I believe they would've tried to get a lot more money out of me by screwing me over. I'm not sure if they treat all of their customers this way, or I was just a female at a mechanic shop. I bought my Sonata new from Machens, as well as my husband's new Dodge from Machens. We've always had both of our vehicles serviced at the dealership. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that will continue. We had thought that would be best, but not if we can't trust them.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/17/2016

Hi Heather I am not sure what happened here but rest assured I am going to find out this is NOT the way I want business conducted at this dealership. I will get with the people involved and make sure that this NEVER happens again. Thank you so much for this feedback, trust is all we have in this business and if anybody does anything to jeopardize that I need to know about about it so thank you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Thank you for your business.

JJ
John J.
2014 Hyundai Elantra Gt
11/04/2016 Category: Service
Scam
I felt like the guy that did my intake was trying to scare me into buying new tires and get an alignment. I had already had an alignment done by another vendor.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/07/2016

Hi John,
    Thank you for your feedback these are things I need to know. I will get with the guys involved to see what happened. I don't know what your tires look like but if it looks like the tires are wearing abnormal the tech. will always recommend and alignment they have know way of knowing that you recently had and alignment done. Again I am truly sorry that you felt that we were trying to scam you I can assure you that, that is not the way we do business.

GK
George K.
Jefferson City, MO
2014 Hyundai Veloster
09/21/2016 Category: Service
Machens Hyundai made it right!
Just wanted to follow up from my previous review and say that Travis, the service manager contacted me and fixed the damage that they caused in the previous repair. While this should have never happened, I am glad to be able to report that they came through and made the repair necessary to fix the damage they caused.

09/21/2016 Category: Service
Damaged Dashboard from Replacement of heater controls
I took my car in to replace the failed heater control under warranty and the installed damaged my dash with scratches.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/21/2016

Hi George I am so sorry that you had this experience with us. We do wish that Hyundai would have designed the dash on the veloster different because it is almost impossible to replace the a/c control head with damaging the dash. What ever costs you in-crew by bringing it back in to be repaired please let me know. Once again I am trully sorry.

Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/30/2016

George thank you so much for this.

2012 Hyundai Accent
09/09/2016 Category: Service
Dirty Carwash
If you are going to offer free car washes, use clean water and do a good job. Otherwise, don't bother.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/09/2016

I apoligize for the bad wash. I will adress that with the detail department. Sometimes diagnosis does take a little extra time. We try to focus on fixing it right the first time.

RK
ROBERT K.
2011 Hyundai Tucson
09/05/2016 Category: Service
Love my Hyundai,but not again.
Always had great service before, but looks like Acura or Mercedes for me now.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/07/2016

Mr. Knapp, Unfortunately NitroFill only covers flat repairs for the first twelve months.  It looks like we also replaced a bulb.  Your business is important to us.  Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Mark M.
2013 Hyundai Veloster
08/12/2016 Category: Service
Longer than expected
Don't go anytime around lunch.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/15/2016

Good morning Mark and thank you for your review. I hate to hear that this service did not go well but I'm glad you did this review so I can continue to make it better. Lunch time can get a little hectic and I will make sure that we get this fixed. Thank you again for your review and for your business.

Mary P.
Shelbina, MO
08/09/2016 Category: Service
Poor service can hurt.
Not prepared for the recall notice. Donald Peters-Owner of the 2011 Sonata
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/09/2016

Hi Mrs. Peters,
   I'm truly sorry that you have to make two trips but our hands are tied. There is no way of knowing what part you need until the vehicle is here therefore it could not be pre-ordered. I wish we could do it different. I am again truly sorry.

TT
Tushar T.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
07/29/2016 Category: Service
Experience at service
Average service , expected better
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/01/2016

Good morning Tushar I hope that next time we can do a better job for your. If you would let the adviser know when you come in that you are in no hurry they will spend a little more time cleaning the car they do rush since they have to clean every car that goes through and most customers want to get in and out. We don't detail the car it's just a wash and vac. Thank you for your feedback it will help us to get better.

Vandalia, MO
07/19/2016 Category: Service
Very unprofessional, feel like a number!
I find the place less customer driven and more sales driven.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 07/20/2016

I'm truly sorry that you feel this way. Cars these days are made of more and more plastic and I would agree with you that it's not a good thing. Unfortunetly we don't build the cars here and have no say in there engineering. And we can only do what the manufature let's us do when it comes to warranty. I don't mean to "throw it back on the customer" but it is my job to inform and that was all I was doing. Thank you for the feedback.

WM
William M.
07/12/2016 Category: Service
Long wait times
They have a huge sign that reads "We do oil changes fast" hanging in their service center. It took over an hour even when I had a scheduled appointment. That's really the only thing that needs to be said.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 07/13/2016

Hi William I am truly sorry that your service took so long. I will get with my team and make sure that they are following procedure. If you are truly in a hurry when you come in you might let them know that you don't want your car washed that's useually were they get a little backed up. The oil change useually takes 25-30 minutes but since we wash every car everytime the wash can take a little bit. Once again I am sorry and I hope your next visit is much quicker.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/28/2016 Category: Service
Double check your receipt before leaving and make sure you have plenty of time
Double check our receipt before you leave, I was told after being charged wrong that it is very common. Also, an oil change took 1 hour and 45 mins.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/30/2016

I am truly sorry that this happened. This is the first time that I have heard about the computer doing this and I assure you I will find out what is going on. I'm also sorry that it took so long to do your oil change I will also be looking into that, unless something odd happened there is no reason that it sould take near that long. I would like to extened out to you your next oil change be on us for the trouble that you had to go threw I just hope that you would give us another chance to prove that this is not the way we do business on a regular basis. Thank you for your feedback and for your business.

John T.
Unionville, MO
2014 Hyundai Elantra
06/26/2016 Category: Service
Not
Tires wore out at 23000 miles said I did not rotate them enough tires should not wear that soon poor warranty
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/27/2016

Hi John I'm truly sorry you didn't have a good experience. No matter what kind of vehicle you have If you don't rotate the tires at least every other oil change they will wear faster. Especially when the align. is out, they recommend rotating your tires every 8000 miles and no matter what shop you use they will recommend the same.

Florissant, MO
06/26/2016 Category: Service
Apathetic workers
My car is still not fixed. I'm deeply unsatisfied and will not own another Hyundai vehicle again .
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/27/2016

I am truly sorry to hear this please reach out to me so that I can get involved and figure out what is going on.