( 1928 Reviews )

Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5rating 4.7272755
Overall Rating 2.27273/5Overall Rating 2.27273/5rating 2.27273rating 2.27273rating 2.27273

05/12/2017 Category: Service
Service Dept
Not pleased overall with the service department. The customer service is usually outstanding but the knowledge of cars and parts is not great.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/12/2017

Thank you for the feedback and you are so right my guys should have a good genral knowledge of these vehicles and I am truly sorry for that experience. Darrell is who you talked to first and he has only been on the job for a month and as you know still has lots to learn. I promise this will not happen again.

Jessica B.
03/15/2017 Category: Service
Needs work
Most of the team is nice. Once when I tried to look at vehicles the guy did a good job talking me out of buying a car. I will keep going to green Hyaundai
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/15/2017

Thank you for the feedback Jessica. I will have a talk with detail unfortunately they are a separate business and I hate that they reflect on us. Please accept my apology. Thank you for your business.

Jefferson City, MO
02/25/2017 Category: Service
Service has changed
This was my first service visit since the dealership changed hands and the service is not the same. They did not follow up with the multipoint inspection and complementary car wash was really poor it would have been better had they not washed the car. The cost of the oil change was not competitive.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/27/2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will admit that we probably did slack on the multi point inspection and I apologize for that. We have one advisor that is out with his new baby and the other adviser is brand new so we are feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. But I'm not trying to make excuses I just hope that you might give us another chance in the future and let us prove ourselfs. Thank you again for your feedback it's the only way for us to get better.

Harrisburg, MO
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/23/2017 Category: Service
Fair Treatment
Went in with an issue with my car. Called to check on status if my car and got a very flip answer. I was told I would get a call and finally at 4:30 got a call back. They thought they could get my car finished by end of day but not sure. So I told them to keep it and make sure it was fixed. When I called the next day to see if it was fixed they said I think so. Just not the level of service that I am used to getting at this dealership. Hoping it was an off day.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/24/2017

Thank you so much for your feedback this is how we get better. I assure you this will not happen again. Thank you for your business.

RP
Rick P.
Iberia, MO
2016 Hyundai Veloster
02/03/2017 Category: Service
Oil change & tire rotation
Took over 1 1/2 hours
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/03/2017

Thank you for your feedback Rick I will get with my team and see if we can get to time frame down since we also wash your vehicle it does take a little longer. Next time let them know not to wash it and it will be quicker.

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/02/2017 Category: Service
Efficient
Tech needs to worry about oil change, not my radio station or taking it for a drive
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/02/2017

Thank you so much for the feedback it sounds like the detail department took your vehicle down to the Toyota store to go through the car wash, they do that sometimes when they get backed up. They are not to touch the radio and I will make sure that is taken care of. Thank you again for your feedback so that I can make this a better shop and thank you for your business.

Doris L.
Hallsville, MO
2013 Hyundai Tucson
01/02/2017 Category: Service
i have auto serviced where it was purchased
didn't seem to have anyone managing check-out desk or parts section. As usual they wanted to change all filters and etc. anything in order to charge another buck.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/02/2017

Hi Doris, thank you for your feedback it sounds like there are a few things I need to look into. When the waiting room is crowded it does make it worse on everybody that's why we encourage the use of the shuttle van we just don't have a lot of of room in there. As for the filters it is there job to keep you informed on the status of your car I believe if you we didn't bring something to your attention and you found out somewhere else that something needed attention and we didn't tell you you would not be pleased with us. Thank you so much for your feedback and for your business.

Iberia, MO
2016 Hyundai Veloster
12/30/2016 Category: Service
Fair
Didn't seem to know what they were
Doing.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/30/2016

I hate to here this, you worked with the two best guys in the shop I wish I knew what happed so I could fix it. Thank you for your business.

KF
Kurt F.
12/25/2016 Category: Service
Tire issue
I kept getting a low sour alarm do brought it in to have it checked. The hole wasn't able to be patched but my toe size (standard sonata tires) weren't in stock so I left with the same problem I'm came in for.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/26/2016

Hi kurt thank you for sending me this feedback. I will get with the parts manager and make sure that we make this correction. I know that we normally keep those tires in stock they may have sold the last one earlier that day I will find out.

GJ
Geraldine J.
Mexico, MO
2015 Hyundai Tucson
09/30/2016 Category: Service
Service representative did not explain all charges.
We had an appointment at 10a.m. We arrived a few minutes early and we were there until 12:30. Took too long to change oil and filter and repair door gasket.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 10/01/2016

Hi Geraldine I'm so sorry Jeff didn't take the time to explain everything to you I will have a talk with him and insure that doesn't happen again. The miscellaneous charges are something that all shops charge to cover miscellaneus things such as coolant, power steering fluid, washer fluid ect. that we fill up in cars when we do there service. I will make sure your next visit is much better.

TC
Tammy C.
09/16/2016 Category: Service
Generally good service
I've always had good service at this location. Employees are friendly and polite. Just wish my issue had of been fixed the first time so I didn't have to go back.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/16/2016

Tammy I am sorry that this happened this way, it's always our goal to fix the vehicle the first time but there are times that we have to try one thing first per Hyundai before we can actually replace a part. I hope this does not void all the good experiences you have had in the past with us. If there is a time that this happens again I will make sure that we explain what's going on and that we have to try doing this first per Hyundai but the light may come back on. I think if you would have known that up front you would feel a little better. Thank you so much for your review and thank you for your business.

Josh M.
Clarksburg, MO
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
08/23/2016 Category: Service
the only place to get certain Hyundai stuff done.
I would if you guys could get your prices right the first time.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/24/2016

Good morning Josh,
     This is something I hate to hear, especially since what you had done is a set price and something we do multiple times a day. I wish I could find out who you talked to on the phone the first time. Please except our apology.

TT
Tushar T.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
07/29/2016 Category: Service
Experience at service
Average service , expected better
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/01/2016

Good morning Tushar I hope that next time we can do a better job for your. If you would let the adviser know when you come in that you are in no hurry they will spend a little more time cleaning the car they do rush since they have to clean every car that goes through and most customers want to get in and out. We don't detail the car it's just a wash and vac. Thank you for your feedback it will help us to get better.

Vandalia, MO
07/19/2016 Category: Service
Very unprofessional, feel like a number!
I find the place less customer driven and more sales driven.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 07/20/2016

I'm truly sorry that you feel this way. Cars these days are made of more and more plastic and I would agree with you that it's not a good thing. Unfortunetly we don't build the cars here and have no say in there engineering. And we can only do what the manufature let's us do when it comes to warranty. I don't mean to "throw it back on the customer" but it is my job to inform and that was all I was doing. Thank you for the feedback.

EW
Eldon W.
Jefferson City, MO
07/02/2016 Category: Service
They are friendly
A very friendly group of people. But it seems something happens when we go up there.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 07/05/2016

Thank you Mr. Wulf for your kind words all though I am sorry to hear that we failed to notice the damage and tell you about it. I will make sure that the guys are paying better attention to the details thanks again.

Beverly H.
Alexandria, MO
2011 Hyundai Veracruz
05/27/2016 Category: Service
The fact that they did not fully reassemble my vehicle as I mentioned in the previous comment.
Yes, because I have had good experiences until now.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/27/2016

Hi Beverly I hate hearing this and I am truly sorry this happened. I will get with the technician and make sure this does not happen agian. I hope when you came back that they took care of it quickly for you. If you have any questions for me please respond back or call. Thank you for your business.

GC
GWEN C.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
04/18/2016 Category: Service
Bought car there, new
I bought the car there, so I well go there
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 04/20/2016

Hi Mrs. Clark thank you for your feedback. Please if you would bring the car back to us if it doesn't feel right so that I can take care of it for you. Our goal is for you to be completely happy. Just respond back and let me know when would be a good time, I will come pick it up if I need to. I am also working on the wash as we speak. Thank you for your feedback.

04/13/2016 Category: Service
Ok service
Not overly impressed with the new way of operating this facility. I miss the previous owners.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 04/13/2016

Thank you so much for your feedback I assure you this will be delt with. Please except my apologizes  this is not the way that we intend the business to be ran. If you need anything in the future please give me a call personally and I will take care of it. Thanks again for the good information.

WC
WILLIAM C.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/07/2015 Category: Service
I always take my own five quart jug of Mobil 1 for oil changes. On previous oil changes(3) I received the jug back empty of oil and the dip stick showing over filled. I mentioned this on my next oil change (stated on the service record). At this visit I received the oil jug with almost a quart of oil left over and the dip stick showing at the full mark.
The current oil change service on 07/01/2015 I received the jug back empty and the dip stick showing at the full mark.
Either the oil filter is not being replaced or this Santa Fe doesn't know how much oil it wants!
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 07/07/2015

Mr. Cox
    I will definetly look into your concern. Your vehicle takes 4.86 qts. The amount of time they let the oil drain will make a difference it's possible that at this last oil change it wasn't drained as long as the previous. I can assure you that the oil filter is being changed please let me know the next time you come in and I will watch over the process. We change a lot of oil and don't have these problems so I will deffenitlly  be looking into it. Thank you for your comments if you needs anything or have any questions please feel free to call or stop in.

WC
WILLIAM C.
10/10/2014 Category: Service
George Pannell, service advisor is the only one there that will listen to your problems. Others that (are gone now) I've had I always had to return TWICE to get the same problem thoroughly looked at then fixed. Hopefully the new service manager will pay more attention to his staff and how they respond to customer needs. One of my problems that I kept returning for because they didn't take any real interest in finding the cause I had to contact Hyundai to get the job done correctly, so far. There's no need for that kind of action, take care of your customers with respect!
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 10/10/2014

Mr. Cox I am truly sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. As you know the person that you delt with is no longer here. In the future if you are having any kind of problems or issures please let me know so that I can get it taken care of right away. What ever happened I assure you that it is not the way I run this department. Please let me know if you need anything.