Latest Review about 1 month ago

KEN M.
Prairie Village, KS
07/07/2016
Friendly, fast and great service
I have been going to Johnson County Auto for years and highly recommend them to friends and family.
My most recent experience was a routine oil change before a long driving trip. It turned out that I was due a free one which was a pleasant surprise :-) and while I was there they found a nail in my tire and fixed it promptly. I have always found Alan to be honest and appreciative of my business and JO Co Auto personnel follow his lead in customer satisfaction and friendliness.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 07/25/2016

I am always happy to work on a long time neighbor and friends vehicles. Thanks for your trust Ken. I appreciate you!

MARCIA M.

CASSANDRA H.
Shawnee, KS
07/02/2016
Great
Friendly, honest, timely service!!
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 07/25/2016

Thank so much! We appreciate you!

SF
SEAN F.
Kansas City, MO
Volkswagen Passat
06/25/2016
the best
The guys at Johnson County Automotive provide quality, friendly service for a fair price.

Jared M.
06/25/2016 Category: Service
Jared said everything went great at this business, but the price was a little high for him.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 06/27/2016

Jared, I have been in this business nearly 30 years and I agree 100%. The prices are extremely high. I am amazed every day at how expensive not only new and used cars are, but the repairs as well. I know we are very competitive in the market with similar repair shops. We got a job today that 3 different shops inspected and estimated. All of our technicians are ASE Certified Master techs and most repairs are guaranteed for 2 years. We always take care of our clients. We appreciate your business. I am always available if you would like to talk further about it. Thanks for the review.

SHERYL M.
Leawood, KS
Mazda 3
06/24/2016
Honest and trustworthy
In the past as a single female, I found that it was frequent that car places would try to sell me on things I didn't need. This place is the opposite of that. They have yet to oversell anything, are always accommodating when I need to bring my car in unexpectedly, and are incredibly helpful and willing to answer any questions. Best of all, the staff is friendly and welcoming with a very cozy waiting area. Love, love, love this place.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 06/27/2016

Thank you so much for your great review!

MATT P.
Olathe, KS
06/24/2016
Great job!
Great job as always for the Johnson county Auto team!

MIKE G.
Overland Park, KS
Lexus ES 300
06/23/2016
FAST SERVICE
I had made an appointment for an oil change only and was in and out in 30 minutes. Ernie and the staff were awesome as always. The added PLUS was sitting in the massage chair while I waited.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 06/27/2016

Glad you enjoyed the massage!

MARTHA M.
Cleveland, MO
06/23/2016
These guys are terrific!
I brought my Suv in because there was a vibration near one of the wheels. In less than a hour it was diagnosed, a part ordered, the oil changed and reassembled. Besides all that these guys are hard working and they are honest.

Thank you so much!

WH
WILMA H.
Saturn L300
06/22/2016
The guys always take care of my car promptly and get it back to me on time.
Thanks for getting my air conditioner up and running and taking care of my car promptly.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 06/27/2016

Thank you! Enjoy that A/C!

DF
DAVID F.
Overland Park, KS
Porsche 928
06/21/2016
Had an appointment, they were right on time. Provided the perfect service at a reasonable price. They are the best.

TO
Timothy And Sandy O.
Shawnee, KS
Honda Accord
06/21/2016 Category: Service
Sandy said the service was provided to her sons vehicle and feel like he was talked into a very expensive maintenance. The vehicle has not really been causing any problems, it was just a timing belt and it was time for it to be redone. He is a young man with first vehicle repairs ever and it cost him $2300 when he was done. She said maybe if it was an experiencing person with vehicles, they would have not done that.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 06/23/2016

Sandy, I am very sorry that you feel this way. Our recommendation along with the industry standard for this timing belt replacement is every 105,000 miles. At nearly 140,000 miles on the car it was past due by over 30,000 miles. The timing belt replacement is expensive, but the damage that can be done when a timing belt breaks is far more expensive and sometimes can even be so expensive that the car is not worth fixing. With proper maintenance this Honda should run several hundred thousand miles more which will save much more money in the long run. The car would not start so the starter had to be replaced, the spark plugs were overdue for replacement so a tune up was done, a broken motor mount was replaced, the coolant serviced, and an oil and oil filter service performed. These are all very typical repairs for the age and mileage on this Honda. Our service writer provided estimates for each item individually as well as all together with tax total. That is our policy. When I interviewed our service writer he said he would of recommended these services to every customer alike, even one of his own family members. I did catch a mistake in reviewing the invoice that there was an honest error on the labor charge as the charge was for a 4 cylinder engine and your Honda is a V6 which should have been less. I have offered a full credit or refund for that error along with our sincere apology. I pride this business and our employees on providing honest service and recommendations to all of our customers, no matter age, race, or gender. If I ever found proof that this was happening that person would be terminated immediately. Obviously we must have not done a good enough job communicating all of this to your son and for that I am deeply sorry. If you would like to have any further discussions please contact me any time. You and all of your family are very important to me. I thank you for your honest review and comments so that this came to my attention and we are able to address it.

Sincerely,

Alan

AMY B.
Prairie Village, KS
Mazda CX-5
06/18/2016
Integrity
I'm a huge advocate of JoCo Auto. They've been my go to shop for 10 years. I trust them and their recommendations, and I do my best to send new clients to them. Keep up the good work guys!
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 06/27/2016

Thank you so much! Great catching up with you!

SK
Shane K.
Independence, MO
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
06/17/2016 Category: Service
Shane said the business had excellent service and customer service.

JERRI B.
06/16/2016
fast and friendly
Great service and friendly people who don't talk down to me because I'm a woman or try to convince me I need to get more work done that I probably don't need.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 06/27/2016

Thank you for the review!