4.6

Continue reading recommended reviews

LR
Lerheia R.
Rosedale, MD
This review is currently pending verification from the business.
09/17/2020
Poor Customer Service
I have had many experiences with dealerships across the country. For the most part, my experiences have been positive. Unfortunately, my experience with Len Stoler Hyundai in Owings Mills, MD, has been the worse that I have ever had. I scheduled a 4:30 appointment to look at a 2019 Genesis G70. After viewing the car, I decided to purchase it. After waiting for more than an hour while the finance guy ran the numbers, the sales representative informed me that the car was pulled the night before to go to their rental fleet. No other offers were made to accommodate me or sell me a different model. Consequently, it was a blessing in disguise because I ended up purchasing a 2020 Genesis G70 3.3T from Hyundai Safford of Springfield, VA. The treatment I received was superb, and the price was phenomenal. Len Stoler should reevaluate the way customers are treated.

Mrs. Robinson

Jacqueline S.
Reisterstown, MD
05/20/2020 Category: Service
The service of the salesman Aaron and the general manager was great.
I had been to another dealership and was very disappointed by the service I received. The service and professional attention I received from Len Stoler Hyundai far exceeded my previous experience at the other dealership. The salesman, Aaron, and the attention of the General Manager, Dame, was excellent. Although, the finance manager was not as friendly, I would definitely go back to this dealership. Great job Aaron and Dame. I am very happy with my car purchase.

MICHELLE S.
Hudgins, VA
02/04/2020
There is NOTHING great about this place. Poor customer service, shady service dept practices & out right liars!!!!!!
UPDATE:
So, Nick has taken down our review because we would not re-rate the service department to a 5 instead of a 1!! I don't understand why? Yes, I can. We have gotten a second opinion on my daughter's vehicle. It was gone over with a fine tooth comb with pictures taken of everything. Guess what? There is NOTHING wrong with the car AT ALL!! What??? $1,000 later... Nick's service dept advised us that there was a gas line leak and it was not safe to drive, while they tried to sell us a new car. Then Nick states in his email back to us below, that they were trying to get the engine covered by Hyundai and because they picked the car up that they washed their hands of it. While all the while, they were negligent while our daughters car was in their possession and left the windows down in a rain storm that flooded her car. Then, DID NOT give them any kind of warranty, did not reimburse them for the gas in their car when they used it to dry the car out with the car's heat and then charged them for a rental car that they said they would cover. Does that sound fishy to you? It sounds pretty shady to me. The car went in because it would not start and they said it was a starter and charged us an outrageous price, while honestly I am thinking now that was probably not even what was wrong with it. I see a lot of bad publicity in their future...BBB, Hyundai Corporate & maybe the evening news!!! It is so funny to me how there are so many re-rating of reviews on their website. We are not the only ones getting taken advantage of at this dealership...PERIOD!!!!

NICK, SERVICE DIRECTOR'S RESPONSE:
Hello, thank you for expressing your concerns. We here at Len Stoler want to say that we had your son in law and daughter at our best interest as we were trying to get your engine covered by Hyundai as it is a safety issue. I took care of the interior that got wet and also paid for the loaner car as I told your son in law for one day. I do want to let you know that it was your son in law and daughters choice to take the vehicle as it was in process to getting approved. With that being said, Hyundai will not pay for it as you chose to take the vehicle (voiding any help from hyundai, which was told to your son in law). As it was his choice to take it and I covered one day for him I was not going to cover the rest. I expressed to him numerous times with the General Manager in the meeting that it wasn't the best idea to take it as he would have to pay. I am sorry that someone before our shop was under the hood and caused issues with the vehicle. We have tried to help you guys and take care of you as I have told your husband I would. I will be more than happy to speak to you so you know actually what is going on. Have a great weekend!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
DO NOT let this service department work on your vehicle...PERIOD!! They will ruin your car. I do not want anyone responding back to me except for the General Manager of this dealership or someone from Corporate Office!!! My daughter's car was towed to this dealership to have it looked at because it would not start. Also asked them to check the skid plate under the car to make sure it was not loose. The service dept advised it was the starter, which they agreed to have fixed for a ridiculous price. But, it is what it is. Then they told my daughter that the car had a gas line leak and could not be driven, but that they could sell them another car. The car ran fine the day before it was towed to them with no gas smell at all. So, why is there a leak now? My daughter told them not to do anything and they would pick it up the next day. When they got there that morning, they found that the car windows were left down and the night before there were torrential rains that flooded the cars interior. They said they left the windows down to get the gas smell out. Then why not put it inside away from the elements? Stupidity I say. They apologized and stated they would dry it out. Her husband went to pick the car up after they said it had been dried out and drove it home with no gas smell at all in it. So why was it not leaking now??? The question of the day!!! He got home and his pants were completely wet and the carpet was still wet. Plus, I am sure the mold spores had already set in between the door panels, console, steering column, radio, dash, seats which are heated and the carpet. Plus, possible rust because there were days that the interior was still wet. He took it back and they told him that they used the cars heater to dry it, which used all their gas up and then had it professionally cleaned. It didn't need a professional cleaning. It needed the seats, carpet and door panels taken out and completely dried out to make sure none of the electrical systems, steering column, radio, console had any mold spores that could make the car unhealthy to drive especially with two babies and possible problems with rust and the electrical systems failing. My husband had to call and speak to Nick, the service director to get this car fixed back to how it was when it was dropped off. It was dry when it was dropped off and it should of been fixed back to its original state. It was the service departments fault not my daughters. The service director said he would take care of everything, check into the gas line leak because he didn't know anything about that and would keep them in the loop to what was going on. Also, told them to keep the rental car until it was all fixed back to how it was dropped off. This whole week went by with no updates. The reason apparently was because the service writer had been in a bad car accident. Ok. So what about the service director. He was still there. My daughter made many calls yesterday to try and find out the status, but all she got was I will take your name and number and someone will call you back. Really??? Does no one work there??? Finally, she got the service director would call you back today. Ok. So good. We are going to get to the bottom of this. The dealership sent a survey out for them to do last night, which they did but it was not satisfactory to the service director. They did not feel like they should of gotten a 1. I feel it should of been a 0!! She still has not received a call back, but her husband was harassed at work. Brandon in their service department sent her husband a message stating that they tried to contact him multiple times today. Well, he was working and couldn't talk. Plus, they were suppose to call my daughter not him. Then proceeded to tell him that if they would be declining any further assistance with their vehicle because of the bad review. But if they changed their review to a 5, that they could proceed with processing the car. Also they would cover the rental, but it would have to be returned no later than 5pm this evening before fees begin to apply. So her husband had to leave work early with no pay to bring the car back up there to be told that they would have to pay for the all the days they had the rental car except for the first day. REALLY? Are you kidding me? Their car was being held hostage until the rental car fee was paid after they told them in an email the rental was covered. This is the worse dealership EVER!!! No one knows what or who is doing what and the service director is a joke and will tell you exactly what you want to hear. So her husband left with the car after having to pay them for the rental, did not get reimbursed for gas in his car that they used to dry it out with and said they would reimburse them for, there will be lingering issues with mold, rust and electrical failures because of their negligence with leaving the car windows down during a rain storm & again, WHOSE FAULT WAS ALL OF THIS??? Not my daughters because the car was in the dealerships possession and it was negligence on their part that now her car is ruined!!!!! I would NEVER ever take your vehicle there. Unless you want to pay for things that are not necessary or they fabricated to take your money!!!!! $1,000 later and they still have issues with their car. AGAIN, I DO NOT WANT ANYONE CONTACTING ME UNLESS IT IS THE GENERAL MANAGER OR SOMEONE FROM THE CORPORATE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!! **My daughter has all the communication between them and the dealer as proof of their shadiness. Further action will be taken after further review of the problems this dealership caused my daughter because of their negligence!!!!!

MICHELLE S.
Hudgins, VA
01/31/2020
This dealership will rip you off in a minute & has shady practices going on!!
NH

Hannah D.

Sandra S.
01/23/2020
Terrible Service - Terrible Follow-up
I had an appointment scheduled for 12/20/19 to wait for my regular maintenance - oil change. I had indicated when I set up the appointment that I would be waiting. Was advised when I got there the wait was 1.5 hours. 4 hours later I was finally able to leave, and had scheduled a follow-up appointment on Monday 12/23/19 to replace a tire due to a nail in the sidewall which couldn't be patched (which was supposedly in-stock). They kept my car all day on Monday to just replace this tire. Tried to reach someone prior to leaving a negative review with Hyundai, if anyone called back they didn't leave a message. It wasn't until after I left a negative review on FaceBook that I received a call back. I didn't feel the service manager understood or addressed my issue when he did call back. Cannot wait until I never have to deal with this dealership again.
NH
NICK H., Service Director from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 01/23/2020

Mrs. Sandra, I am sorry about your visit as discussed on the phone. I know that you have been upset with the finance department as they have not gotten back to you. I would like to say that the last time we spoke I told you to bring the vehicle in so we can take a look at it and see what is going on with the tire and if needed we would replace it. I understand you haven’t had a great experience here at Len Stoler and I was trying to make you happy. I understand that you have a Honda now and that you will be happy to not have to deal with us any longer. I am sorry to hear that but do want you to know that we are here for you and again I will always do my best to take care of all of our customers. I wish you well with Honda.

Thanks,

2012 Hyundai Accent

Donaji C.
Reisterstown, MD
05/03/2018
Pay for service they don't do it
We pay for service they don't do it, air filter, battery pads, etc....I wish can send a picture of how dirty the filter are after "work" attention Mr.Vince.
MICHAEL V., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 05/04/2018

I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns.

Michael Vince

03/19/2018
austin foreman
poor service maniger
MICHAEL V., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 03/20/2018

I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. As I explained, Hyundai does not manufacture or warranty tires. You have to go through the actual tire manufacture.

Michael Vince