4.5

Overall Rating 4.4893655/5Overall Rating 4.4893655/5Overall Rating 4.4893655/5Overall Rating 4.4893655/5rating 4.4893655
Overall Rating 2.0000009/5Overall Rating 2.0000009/5rating 2.0000009rating 2.0000009rating 2.0000009

Pikesville, MD
2011 Hyundai Equus
09/06/2019 Category: Service
Poor service and rep
Not pleased at all
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 09/06/2019

Thanks for allowing me to speak with you about your concerns. As said, will help out with your concerns as much as possible.

BG
Bridgette G.
09/03/2019 Category: Service

09/03/2019 Category: Service
Service follow up
After my unpleasant experience in the service dept Chris reached out to me and apologized and assume my future experiences would be pleasant as they have been in the past!
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

I am sorry to hear about your service experience. Thnak you for allowing us to work with you and help you out on your future visits.

Eldersburg, MD
2015 Hyundai Azera
08/30/2019 Category: Service
Terrible Service.
I brought my car to Len Stoler because the date and time had disappeared from the screen; and was immediately told I needed a new radio (in conjunction with the navigation system). I was also told Hyundai knew about the problem, that the part (which I was told cost $4,000.00) had been recalled, and that the repair/replacement would cost me nothing. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call from Stoler telling me that because my car was out of warranty the replacement part (despite the fact that the part was known to be defective and had been recalled) would cost me a bit over $800.00. Still, I brought the car in to Stoler for the "necessary" repair. I picked up my car (which was filthy because it had been parked right next to construction going on at a related dealership) and paid Stoler $861.70; and before I was two miles away I realized that neither my phone nor the Sirius XM radio worked. Back to the dealership where (a) Brendan apologized if I had not been "pre-informed" that the Sirius XM radio might not work when I picked up the car because it would require some work from Sirius XM and (b) Nick helped me with "synching" my phone and making the necessary connection with Sirius XM. The next morning I called three local Hyundai dealerships just to check on the price of the radio to see if I got a fair deal. Each of the three dealerships told me I did not have to replace the radio; that my problem was well known to Hyundai and they were working on a "fix" for it. Each of the three dealerships assured me that the radio absolutely did not need to be replaced. I then called Hyundai and was told the exact same thing by a woman named "Aleather", who said she would see what she could do about getting me my money back. Meanwhile, the next time I drove the car the Sirius XM radio did not work at all. I had to have Sirius XM send four refresh signals in the same day before the radio worked again, and then there was a problem with the blue tooth. I explained the situation Chris Murray, the Service Manager at Stoler, and he said he was not personally familiar with the problem (evidently Mr. Murray is not as up to date on his Hyundai information as the other three dealerships with whom I spoke) and declined to do anything ... saying he would get in touch with me if he heard anything about the problem/Hyundai "fix" for the problem. I will not hold my breath waiting for Mr. Murray to call me back. So, as matters now stand I paid $861.70 for a radio which I did not need and which did not work properly. Moreover, whoever installed the radio very visibly scratched the area around the radio. I was sold an expensive item which I did not need and the workmanship was poor. A feel like I was "taken", both because they "upsold" me to a radio I did not need and because the work was not done properly. I will not bring my car back to Stoler for service, period. Parenthetically, after I bought my car I sent my granddaughter to Stoler to buy a car (she bought/paid cash for a new Santa Fe). You may rest assured I will not make that mistake like that again. All in all, a bad experience. Sadly, Stoler perfectly fits the stereotype of the less than trustworthy (to be kind) car dealer.

Mr. Max, What you failed to mention in your email was that we had a 3 way call with Hyundai. In that call Hyundai expressed there are no definitive repairs at this time for that concern and may not be. I explained to you and Hyundai that we tried their attempt of pulling the sd card out and see if it would reset the radio which I did not. That is the only remedy at this time and did not work on your radio.
Furthermore, that remedy is for radios that still show the lines and you clearly expressed to me your radio showed no lines on the screen. I even spoke to the Hyundai district rep and he said that the only fix he knows is replacing the radio. We went above and beyond to try and help you! Not sure what else your looking for. I’m always available if you have questions any time or day. Thank you.

AW
Adrian W.
Reisterstown, MD
08/26/2019 Category: Service
Nope
The staff was a bit misleading and dishonest about the true cost of my repairs. In addition it took over a month to repair an axle....no follow up. I had to reach out each week for an update.
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

Thank you for expressing your concerns. I really want to speak with you about your visit. I will be reaching out to discuss.

Manchester, MD
2011 Hyundai Tucson
08/20/2019 Category: Service
Bad experience
Len Stoler did not correctly diagnose problem, I was without a car for two days, and the service man tried to get me to trade in my car for a new model. “Wonderful professional experience.” That’s sarcasm just in case...
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I will be calling you soon to discuss the details. Thank You.

Westminster, MD
07/15/2019 Category: Service
Not happy
Felt pressured to buy tires even after I said I could get them elsewhere. Told my battery was weak. I had it checked and it is fine.
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 07/19/2019

I am sorry you felt pressured. Certainly not how we conduct business. I will be reaching out to you soon to discuss further. Thank You.

DF
Denise F.
07/04/2019 Category: Service
The worst experience ever
I actually would give it a zero stars.
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 07/05/2019

Thank you for letting us know your concerns. I will be reaching out to you soon.

Westminster, MD
06/04/2019 Category: Service
Took 3 tries to even get my name and car registered and my appointment was not writing down even after I called 2 times to confirm.
They told me a bunch of repairs that they recommend I get done ASAP including new tires which was just put on 8 months ago and had 3200 miles on them. Hoses and belts were cracked and needed replacement it they are not cracked at all.
Will not go back
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 06/04/2019

Thank you for taking time to explain your concerns. I am sorry to hear about your recent visit. I will be calling shortly to discuss.
Thank you.

05/22/2019 Category: Service
Horrible and costly experience
My service department experience was nothing short of horrible. I was given incorrect information about the warranty on my battery and went to the dealership service department under the assumption that it was covered under warranty. After the technician inspected and tested the battery and determined that it was faulty, the service advisor told me that it was in fact not under warranty. I was charged for labor after refusing to spend an exorbitant amount of money for a replacement battery at the dealership. I paid for a half hour of labor (the hourly rate is not cheap) and I left with my dead battery and had it replaced at an auto parts store down the street for half the cost of the battery at the dealership.
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 05/22/2019

I am so sorry to hear about the recent service visit. I will be reaching out to you soon to discuss and resolve. Thanks

DO
Danequa O.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
05/07/2019 Category: Service
Communication
Terrible Customer Service
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 05/09/2019

Thank you for expressing your concerns. All feed back is appreciated. As no one is perfect, we strive to do the right thing at Len Stoler Hyundai. Lets not forget that when your vehicle finally showed symptoms of your concern a week after it was brought in, Len Stoler Hyundai paid for your rental car and the repairs in Full - $501.00 since it was not covered by your warranty. Len Stoler Hyundai always looks out for the customer first. Thanks for understanding.

Richard H.
Finksburg, MD
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
04/12/2019 Category: Service
An isssue of "free" oil changes and car washes
This issue has been resolved between Chris Murray at Len Stoler Hyundai and myself, Richard Hodges. We will continue our relationship with the dealership at the dealership with our regular service terms. Thank you for working to solve this issue.

Richard Hodges

04/12/2019 Category: Service
see previous notes
see previous notes
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 04/12/2019

Thank you for taking the time this morning for me to explain everything I have done to get the required information you requested. I am sorry the information was not noted in your service file. As per our discussion this morning, the service info is noted.
Thank you for being our customer !

Jennifer M.
Finksburg, MD
2014 Hyundai Elantra
03/27/2019 Category: Service
Elantra 2014
Thank you Chris for finding a solution to the concerns mentioned in the previous review.

03/27/2019 Category: Service
Elantra 2014
Horrendous
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 03/28/2019

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me about your service visit concerns. I know moving forward we will have positive results and better service to offer you in the future.

AC
Adam C.
02/25/2019 Category: Service
Lie to customers
My brake pad level was purposely reported wrong so they could attempt to charge for full rotor replacement for a car that has only 47,000 miles. Rotors would not be needed of brake pads are replaced.
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 02/26/2019

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today about your experience. I am looking forward to assisting with this matter on Saturday. Again, I'm sorry for your recent visit concerns but will help in resolving.

02/02/2019 Category: Service
Better
This time around was excellent ! I didn’t have to wait long and my car wasn’t skipped over

02/02/2019 Category: Service
The intake guys are wonderful !
Needs improvement
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 02/04/2019

I am sorry about your service visit here. I know we spoke of this matter while you were at the dealership. Again, I am very sorry for this and i will call you to discuss further. Thank you again.

Joan S.
Parkville, MD
01/29/2019 Category: Service

01/29/2019 Category: Service
Jerry , Service Advisor is an asset to Hyundai Service Department !
Always a pleasure during business with Jerry F. in Service His polite, knowledgable & takes pride in his work !
Give him 5 STARS !
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

Thank you for the comments and I appreciate you reaching out to express your concerns. We do value and respect your feedback.

Roxhers B.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
01/13/2019 Category: Service
Poor labor work
Poor quality of the tires
high prices for service
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 01/14/2019

I'm sorry for your recent service visit experience. We will reach out soon to resolve any issues.

Pikesville, MD
2017 Hyundai Accent
01/07/2019 Category: Service
Much happier
Thank you for resolving my issue do promptly. I appreciate your response and will be seeing you doon

01/07/2019 Category: Service
not a happy customer
I already explained why I am not happy
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 01/07/2019

I am so sorry to hear about that. I will be reaching out to you soon to resolve this.

Stephen H.
Pasadena, MD
12/20/2018
misleading and lied too
Never informed that I would have to pay for a new tire on a car that was just purchased back around 12/12/2018 for my wife. After getting car home we noticed a bubble in the tire. When I spoke to Jerry in the service dept about the tire and how the car was under a 30 day warrantie , he said he would take care of it. Then the young man stood there lied and told my wife, I gave prices to your husband. She told him, there were never any prices told to anyone, She said I stood there in shock, not knowing what to do I want someone to contact me on this matter.
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 12/20/2018

I apologize for your service experience and I will be reaching out to you soon to resolve this.

12/18/2018 Category: Service
X
X
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 12/24/2018

I'm sorry you feel that way about our service department. I assure you we are very honest and loyal to our customers.

RK
Ronald K.
11/20/2018 Category: Service
Communication
Went for maintenance and estimate for body work. I rented a car. They never gave estimate for body work, which was important to me; they forgot. They never called with status of car or when it was ready. Had to call them 3 days later. Car was ready and waiting. Wasted money on car rental.
CHRISTOPHER M M., Service Manager from Len Stoler Hyundai responded on 11/20/2018

I am so sorry to hear about your recent service visit. I apologize for any inconvienence and will be reaching out to you soon to discuss.