Overall Rating 4.4624988/5Overall Rating 4.4624988/5Overall Rating 4.4624988/5Overall Rating 4.4624988/5rating 4.4624988
Overall Rating 2.37975/5Overall Rating 2.37975/5rating 2.37975rating 2.37975rating 2.37975

Haverstraw, NY
06/12/2017 Category: Service
Great customer service, friendly and caring sales and service staff
Good deal on my car and and great buying experience. Really appreciated the follow up call to see how I liked the car and expressing their availability if I had any questions or problems

06/12/2017 Category: Service
Anonymous
People friendly and accommadating, just felt the service on my car was expensive
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 06/13/2017
  • Dear valued customer ,

Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey .We appreciate your business. Thank you for taking my call . I'm glad we could discuss your visit . I look forward to seeing you soon. Congratulations on your new Santa Fe.

Jeffrey P.
Wyckoff, NJ
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/06/2017 Category: Service
Expensive Service as always
I'm just tried of every service other than an oil change being costly. I'm a customer for over 8 years and I get nothing for my loyalty. My wife is completely fed up and wants me to bring my two Hyundais elsewhere for service.
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 06/07/2017
  1. Hello Mr. Patrico,
        Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. I am sorry that this visit didn't go so smooth. I have been unable to reach you. I am looking for an opportunity to review this matter. I  look forward  to hearing from you. Thank you in advance.

Pearl River, NY
05/19/2017 Category: Service
Come on
they had over 5 hours to do recall and other maintenance, had to wait an additional half hour to get my car
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 05/20/2017

Dear valued customer ,
         Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your business and review. I have been unable to reach you. I would like an opportunity to review this visit in detail. I look forward to hearing from you.

Darlynne M.
Midland Park, NJ
2012 Hyundai Tucson
04/29/2017 Category: Service
Liberty Hyundai Rocks!
UPDATE: Got a call from Dan D. today, who read my review and reached out to resolve the miscommunication issue. Scheduled appointment to bring my vehicle back and FIX the leak issue! Apologetic, professional, personable Mgr, here. I never expected to receive this call, and I'm so grateful for this. Obviously quality care is the norm and not the exception here. Thank you for making this customer feel valued! See you next week!

04/29/2017 Category: Service
Nice dealership, greeted promptly, clean comfortable waiting area.
My engine had to be replaced due to a mechanical defect back in December, and I suspect that this oil/coolant leak that is present is directly related to that. However, no one can reassure me that the leak has been addressed. I was told to come back if it continues. Why? Does that mean they'll fix it the next time ?
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 05/01/2017

Hello Darlynne,
             Thank you for taking my call. I'm glad that we were able to come to terms. I'm sorry that things were not throughly explained.We appreciate your business  . I look forward to seeing you soon. My doors are always open. Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai.

MA
Mountain A.
South Fallsburg, NY
04/26/2017 Category: Service
Friendly
Nice place to get your car serviced
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 04/27/2017

Hello Valued customer ,
                         Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. I'm glad that that we had the opportunity to speak. I  trust that moving forward we can improvements to our operations.Keeping your Tucson running like new is our number goal. Look forward to seeing you soon .

Ridgewood, NJ
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
04/21/2017 Category: Service
Very friendly manager
Service manager is very sincere and helpful for resolving issues

04/21/2017 Category: Service
Service not done in time
Desk coordinator needs to be conscious of time promised and needs to learn to apologize
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 04/21/2017

Dear valued customer ,
                     Thank you for taking my call today. I'm again sorry for the delay in time. We try to account for all variables but as human nature would allow we are not with out error. We are very proud to be your dealer of choice and look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to reach out to me personally for any other concerns or questions.

Tracy S.
Fairview, NJ
03/29/2017 Category: Service
Tracy
Very pleased that the service manager reached out to hear and resolve my concerns.

03/29/2017 Category: Service
Tracy
This place is friendly, but it does take a while for your car for an oil change and tire rotation.
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 03/29/2017

Hello Tracy,
            Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. We appreciate your business and the review.Thank you for taking my call this evening. I'm glad your giving us another opportunity to show our true colors.Look forward to seeing you soon. We are proud to be you go to Hyundai dealer.
Best

Ramsey, NJ
03/18/2017 Category: Service
Liberty Hyundai service
Good service high cost
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 03/18/2017

Hello valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. I'm sorry to hear that we don't come with a recommendation based on cost.We strive to be a 5 star dealer.I look forward to an opportunity to speak with you regarding this matter in hopes of coming to an understanding. I will reach out to you directly. In the interim please do not hesitate to reach me at anytime via email. I look forward to a second chance in hopes of being able to provide you service that you have come to expect at a cost that is acceptable .

ddelvalle@libertyhyundai.com
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 03/20/2017

Cedar Knolls, NJ
01/27/2017 Category: Service
Issues resolved
I brought my car in for about eight recalls at the same time on 1/24. The next morning I discovered that the heated seats were not working. I quickly called them up and at first felt I was met with some skepticism but then I left a three star review on here and I was soon contacted (1/28) by the very friendly and responsive service manager (Daniel). He apologized and said that the tech person merely forgot to connect some sort of connector and that if I lived nearby I should come by any time that I wanted and they would take care of it. I was able to visit a few days later and they took care of me in about ten minutes just as he said. Despite the inconvenience, they did a good job. It is valuable for them to have Daniel to respond to issues like these.

For anybody who might be googling a similar issue looking for a diagnosis: I had been in for a recall and I think it may have been related to the shifter somehow. When they were accessing that, apparently there was something that needed to be disconnected which related to the heated seats for the driver and passenger. Those are both on the same fuse, so I tried changing out a fuse or two and had no results. The issue was that the lights on the heater switches for the driver and passenger were unresponsive and not lighting up, plus the driver and passenger seat heaters would not work at all.

01/27/2017 Category: Service
Fixes causing issues
Car dealerships are never easy, it seems.
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 01/28/2017

Dear valued customer, thanks for taking may call this afternoon. I'm glad that we found away to resolve this issue in such a matter. I apologize for the return trip. Enjoy your weekend see you when your ready. Remember your 5 star dealer is only a phone call away.

ROBERT M.
12/13/2016 Category: Service
The staff has been outstanding. Helpful every step of the way in fixing the problem.
Just call Mary Ann in service and the warm greeting smile heard in her voice is just a sample of how well you will be treated.
Dennis has made certain that all issues with my car are being handled swiftly and professionally. GIANT step up from Wayne.
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 12/20/2016

Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to talk regarding your radio concern. Looking forward to working with you to resolve this problem. We at Liberty Hyundai want to be your 'GO TO' 5 star dealer.

Regards,

Kawaldeep S.
Rutherford, NJ
12/07/2016 Category: Service
Do not want to criticize, but nice car wash must be there at the time of service
Its been 4 years, we have been hearing the car wash is coming, but its not at all there. All other service centers have, why not a good detailed car wash facility at liberty Hyundai. I have been told that it was major service and accordingly I have been charge hefty amount, but it does not seem any effort being put on to do car wash or get it done.

I do not want to discourage the service technician,he might have done his job well, but cleaning of car makes a big impact on overall service. We have suggested multiple times, but keep on getting same response as its being worked upon.
DANIEL C D., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 12/09/2016

Hi Kawaldeep,

Thank you for the opportunity to service your vehicle. As always  we strive for excellence and would like to be your 'Go To' 5 star dealer, but as of right now our facility is not capable of supporting a car wash. Looking forward to service your vehicle in the future.

Regards,

Waldwick, NJ
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/13/2016 Category: Service
Santa Fe owner
I have no problem with the work completed. When going in for an oil change I asked the difference between an oil change and the fall maintenance package. The service rep then proceeded to draw up my paper work for the fall maintenance stating that the oil change and the package are basically the same. The fact is that they are minus the tire rotation. But I was not told the price difference being 50 dollars until he asked me to sign the paperwork. I then declined and he then proceeded to tell me that I was basically making a large mistake in not doing the fall maintenance package. I didn't appreciate the way he made me feel as if I were in idiot.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 11/15/2016

Hi Anonymous,

I want to Thank you for your reply and the 3 star view.  It is important to us to under stand how we can become your "GO TO" 5 star dealer.  I have reviewed your comments with the service desk so they can understand customer expectations.  Please feel free to call us for your next maintenance service or any help we can be.

Oakland, NJ
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/31/2016 Category: Service
Usually good, lacking in service on this occasion
already stated on page 1
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 09/12/2016

Hi Anonymous,

Sorry for the late response, but I was on vacation.  I spoke with SteveR and the Tech DaveW.  They did try to save your battery on analyzer and charger.  I did road test your vehicle for a noise and did not verify anything that warranted any repairs at this time.  If you still feel there is a noise, Please call me for any help I can be.  Team Liberty Hyundai wants to Thank you for your business and appreciates every star you gave us.  Of course we want to be your "GO TO"  5 star Hyundai Dealer and we hope to get another chance to prove it.

Max H.
New City, NY
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/19/2016 Category: Service
friendly staff
needs to wash and vacuum vehicle the it is returned after service
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 08/22/2016

Hi Max H.,

Liberty Hyundai has never washed service vehicles.  Your vehicle has been here several times so its hard for me to understand why a failing grade of 3 stars.
     Team Liberty Hyundai appreciates your business and wants to be your "GO TO" 5 star dealer.  If there is something else we failed at please feel free to call me for any help I can be.

Hi Max H.,

Thanks for your e-mail back.  I did not want you to feel I miss categorized your vehicle the word "service" vehicles.  The word was implied as for a service department vehicle compared to used car department vehicles, new car department vehicles or parts department vehicles and not a commercial vehicle.  I am sorry for the confusion.  If you could, please consider and we would love to see a higher re score even one star higher for the employees and not the policy.

Sincerely,

SF
Susanna F.
Oakland, NJ
08/11/2016 Category: Service
frustrated
too many recalls and service takes too long
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 08/12/2016

Hi Susanna F.,

Team Liberty Hyundai wants to Thank You for your business and we will work on getting your 5 star review.  I understand your time is important but recalls are a good sign the manufacturer is standing behind their vehicles.  We would love to see you return for more than just recalls.  Please feel free to me anytime for any help I can be or even for your next maintenance service.

Fair Lawn, NJ
2004 Hyundai Accent
Misunderstanding
I have changed my review because I was just informed that the "two-hour estimate" is a charge estimate, not a time estimate. My complaint was based on the extreme difference in time between the estimate and the actual checking of the car. It had nothing to do with ordering parts. I understand that my car is old and parts would not be kept in stock. I thought that when I was told "two hours estimate," my car would be ready in around two hours, not two days. It's true that I was in a free loaner, but that is still not the issue I was bringing up. Now that the service department (who has, as I said originally, always been courteous, friendly, and responsible) made it clear that when they say two hours, they mean they are CHARGING me for two hours of work, not that the work will take two hours, I have changed my review. I simply misunderstood what that estimate meant.

Slower than expected
The people at Liberty Hyundai are friendly, courteous, responsible, and knowledgeable, but their estimates of how long work will take are always very, very short when compared to the reality. I brought in my car because the check engine light came on. I was told it would take two hours at 9:30 am, but I needed to get to work, so I got a loaner. It's good I did, because I didn't get my car back until 5:00pm the next day.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 08/10/2016

Hi Anonymous,

Team Liberty Hyundai wants to Thank You for your business and want to be your "GO TO" 5 star dealer.  It is very hard for any parts department to have all the parts need for every vehicle, never the less for 12 year old model year.  The good part is Liberty Hyundai did have a courtesy loaner car at no charge and the part was here the next day.  It looks like Liberty Hyundai did everything possible to make it as painless as possible.  I see you not commonly score our surveys high but we must be doing something right for the past 90,000 miles.  Please feel free to call us for your next maintenance and consider a re score based on the employees and not the parts availability.

SR
Stephen R.
Tuxedo Park, NY
over all service department
fair and reliable service

Hi Steve R.,

Team Liberty Hyundai wants to Thank You for your business and wants to be your "GO TO" 5 star dealer.  I see you had the under cover installed 08/08/2016.  I am sorry the parts department does not call customers when the parts arrive.  Now that the vehicle is back together just a reminder the oil change is due at 18,750 miles and I will put a note in your account to discount the service to $19.95 for your recent experience.  Please consider a re-score and or feel free to call me about your next maintenance service for any help we can be.

Robert S.
Glen Rock, NJ
2006 Hyundai Azera
07/05/2016 Category: Service
ok
ok, not sure there's anything special here
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 07/07/2016

Hi Robert S.,

SteveR tried to contact you with no success.  I see they performed the Azera rear cross member service campaign recall #113 and there were no charges to you.  I do not understand why we only received 3 stars out of 5 stars.  What do I need to know about this visit that would make us your "GO TO" 5 star dealer.  Could you please call me for any help I can be.  Team Liberty Hyundai would like to know how to get a higher re score.

DF
Dan F.
Fair Lawn, NJ
06/10/2016 Category: Service
Very nice but disorganized
I have been going to Liberty Hyundai since I bought my first Hyundai from them back in '04. They have always been courteous and kept the place looking great, but recently I went in for an oil change and came out with a diagnosis that would lead to $2000 worth of repairs. Not able to buy a new car right now, I chose to get the repairs done. I called for an appointment and mentioned that parts would have to be ordered, so I wanted to make sure I brought in my car in enough days advance to when the parts would arrive. I arrived for my appointment, picked up the loaner, and left feeling confident that my car was in good hands, because it always had been before. Then I got a call later that day to tell me that they didn't have ANY of the parts and they would have to be ordered for the next day. I could keep the car, but now I would have to pay a FedEx charge to get the parts overnight. The next day I received a call that told me that first of all only half the parts for the breaks that needed replacing arrived, so I get to keep the loaner over the weekend, but also that the other repairs that I was told had to be made, did not, in fact, have to be made, according to the head of the garage rather than the technician who originally diagnosed my car. I was glad for the price reduction on the repairs, but frustrated with everything else. Finally, the repairs were done and the loaner was exchanged back for my car, which was in fine condition except all the radio stations were changed.
Basically, they do a good job once they do the job, but, sometimes, it takes a while for them to figure out how to do the job in the first place.

EE
Emmanuelle E.
Nanuet, NY
2016 Hyundai Elantra
06/09/2016 Category: Service
Mediocre
It's ok... Prices need improvement
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 06/10/2016

Hi Emmanuelle E.,

Team Liberty Hyundai wants to Thanks You for your business and the 5 star review.  We appreciate your comments and understand you pass another Hyundai Dealer to come here.   Please call us for your next maintenance service or anything we can help with.  Liberty Hyundai Super Service Center wants to be your " GO TO " 5 star dealer.