Overall Rating 4.468358/5Overall Rating 4.468358/5Overall Rating 4.468358/5Overall Rating 4.468358/5rating 4.468358
Overall Rating 2.37975/5Overall Rating 2.37975/5rating 2.37975rating 2.37975rating 2.37975

Scott S.
Tuxedo Park, NY
2016 Hyundai Elantra
05/23/2016 Category: Service
15,000 mile maintenance
Friendly, courteous and professional. However, 2.5 hours is too long and the $280 charge was excessive. For that price, it pays to be reactive. I will probably return only for oil changes and when there are mechanical issues.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 05/24/2016

Hi Scott S.,

There is a great value in the 15,000 mile intermediate service.  It's like anything else, time is money.  You received the right job at the right price done right the first time. Our service are designed to keep your vehicle healthy for 10 years, 100,000 miles.  Team Liberty Hyundai wants to Thank You for your business and the 3 star review.  We want to be your "GO TO" 5 star dealer.  Please feel free to call us anytime for any help we can be.

Best regards,

LJ
LAUREN J.
04/13/2016 Category: Service
Please see review
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 04/13/2016

Hi Lauren,

I am sorry you felt uncomfortable with your service experience.  I had a talk with the service advisors and showed them how tones of voice and body language can effects others.   Team Liberty Hyundai wants to thank you for your business.  We are so glad you indicated that you would recommend and return to Liberty Hyundai Super Service Center for your next maintenance.  Please feel free to call anytime during normal working hours for any help we can be.  We want to be your 5 star dealer.

Best regards,

JEFFREY S.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/31/2016 Category: Service
Big and clean
Read the statement I already made.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 03/31/2016

Hi Jeff,

I am sorry we messed up your vehicle.  I had a long and hard conversation with the Techs today about how everything matters.  Liberty Hyundai does not wash service vehicles and I know how that does not meet your expectations.  However I would be happy to clean any areas in question.

I know we received a failing grade of 3 stars but Please do not give up on us.  We want every visit to be a 5 star experience.  We have a long 10 years / 100,000 miles left to go and was hoping you would reconsider a re-score to get us out of that failing score.  Please feel free to call us any time during normal working hours for any help I can be.

RICHARD M.
Pomona, NY
2006 Hyundai Sonata
02/25/2016 Category: Service
Service on My 2006 Sonata
Brought the car in for replacement of control arm in the front. My mechanic diagnosed the problem the day earlier and said it would be about 700 dollars to do, however he did not have the part. So I went to Liberty Hyundai where I bought the car. The bill was about 200 dollars more - but I expected that, and that is why I generally deal with my local mechanic. However Hyundai had the part and the car was returned to be the next day.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 02/26/2016

Hi Richard,

I am glad Liberty Hyundai Super Service Center was able to get your vehicle in and out of the shop fixed right the first time.

I have reviewed your repair order and see that the repairs came to $868.70 compared to the $700.00 estimate your local mechanic gave you.  Based on that I can understand your 3 star review and how that would look to your wallet.   There is a great value coming to Liberty Hyundai since our technicians,  advisors are Hyundai Motor America certified and are capable to repair anything on your vehicle.  Yes, this bill was higher than your local mechanic but you did get original equipment manufacturer parts and the best warranty of 12 months or 12,000 miles which ever comes first on these repairs.

Please do not fear, our oil changes are are only $30.95.  We hope to see you return for what ever your service needs are.

Monsey, NY
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
09/10/2015 Category: Service
Oil change experience
Waiting area is adjacent to parts department. While accommodations are fine, employees in parts dept. were extremely noisy & rowdy-very unprofessional! Am surprised such behavior is tolerated.
Oil change took 1 hour- a bit long compared to other places.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 09/14/2015

Hi Anonymous,

I understand,  the Parts Department can get load at times.  I have spoken with Anthony the Parts Manager in hope to resolve this concern.  Your right, the abundance and tone is overwhelming at times.  The only good that can come out of this is our employees are happy to be here but it can come across as annoying.  I will keep on top of the Parts Manager to resolve this issue.  Our goal is to be Liberty Hyundai Super Service Center that everyone wants to come to.

Thanks for the 3 stars,

JOSEPH M.
Monroe, NY
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/30/2015 Category: Service
Nice facility, good service, prices are way too high.
As long as under warranty, great place to bring your car. For a simple oil change or wiper blades, prices are very expensive.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 04/02/2015

Hi Jo,

It's nice to know the Liberty Hyundai's new Super Service Center is recognized for the great service everyone needs.  I reviewed your receipt and can understand that vehicle maintenance can be expensive at times.  That why Liberty Hyundai oil changes are very competitive.  Your Oil change was only $30.95 which included a documented walk around multi-point inspection by a Hyundai Motor America Certified Technician.  The Service Advisors also checks Hyundai Motor America dealer web site for any open service campaign's or updates that my be offered for your vehicle serial number at no charge.  I saw your 26" wiper blade was $25.49 and the 13" wiper blade was $16.49.  These prices are not far from any other competitor prices.   We can offer you a value that no independent repair center can offer.  We would like to see you back here for all your service needs and I know they are different for every customer and vehicle.  Please feel free to check our web site for Service Specials and keep an eye on our coupon mailers that my be helpful to you.

Thank you for your business.

Township Of Washington, NJ
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/23/2015 Category: Service
Too expensive and attitude of service mgr
Did not care for the overall attitude of the service mgr. In my opinion she did not act very professional. The charge for the work performed was too much.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 03/24/2015

Hi Anonymous,

The 15,000 mile Intermediate maintenance is a great service and is the correct service for your vehicle at this time.  We all under stand vehicle maintenance can be very expensive and vehicles really doesn't understand financial status.  So I am glad to see Maryann, your service adviser discounted your coupon from the service.  I am sorry that Maryann did not make you feel the way you expected at the time of this service.  It is very important to her that she does the best service possible for the warranty and your vehicle needs.  We must have done something right in the past since this was your 4th time back here.  We want to keep doing it right. If you would like, your always welcome to use another service adviser or ask for me, Wayne Schneider Service Manager and I would be happy to meet you and help with your service needs.

Wappingers Falls, NY
2011 HYUNDAI SONATA
01/19/2015 Category: Service
Poor Customer Service
When I contacted the service department to schedule my appointment despite indicating my vehicle mileage and requesting a review in the compute of vehicle history I was improperly advised of the cost for repair and the service needed. Upon arrival and interacting with a different customer service representative, the representative was more concerned about their ego than providing assistance.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 01/27/2015

Hi Anonymous,

Team Liberty Hyundai is always looking to help to perform the best service to you with your vehicles needs.  We have not seen your car for many miles and recommended the 60,000 mile major service since it was not in history.  It is your vehicle and and see you choose to do only the 75,000 mile intermediate service at this time.  I can understand the money difference between the intermediate to major service but the vehicle deserves to be maintenance to last years and miles to come.  Please review our printed maintenance menu and let us know if you would like to perform any other services needed.

KD
Kenneth D.
Ramsey, NJ
2012 HYUNDAI GENESIS
09/07/2014 Category: Service
Very courteous but issue not resolved on first attempt
Very friendly and helpful, however two issues were not resolved and I have to bring car back. I assume that issues will be resolved on the second attempt.
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 09/09/2014

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for the nice reply.  Our employee's work very hard for them. We hope your noise is present enough to diagnose and repair at your next visit.  We will see you soon to finish it up.

Brian B.
Unionville, NY
2013 HYUNDAI ACCENT
02/19/2014 Category: Service
It's ok
As far as customer service and relations it was pleasant. But I was a little disgusted that a Hyundai dealership would kind of screw another Hyundai dealership by taking off the license plate holders and replacing it with their own wasting even more of my time in doing so. Obviously it's a standard practice that the technician was instructed to do this and not by doing it on his own. I would rather have my car have the holders where I bought the car on my car not where I got stuck buying a tire at. And for that reason only I will not come back there since it was a pathetic way of advertising on my vehicle. Sometimes the little things do matter and this was one of them. If something as small as that was done to my car who knows what else dealerships instruct their technicians to do?
WAYNE S., SERVICE MANAGER from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 02/26/2014

Hi Brian Bohr,

I understand your disgust and I am sorry if we broke that confedidence you have in Hyundai Dealers.  I may still have your local dealer plate frames and would be happy to reinstall them.  Please feel welcome to return anytime for any service you may need.