AA
Alex A.
01/15/2021
Bad Experience with Mike
Had a very bad experience with Mike from Lockett's Auto Care this afternoon. TLDR: Mike called me today and said, "if you bring this car in again I'm going to charge your fucking ass off" and "if you don't get here by 6 I'm leaving the keys outside on the ground."
In Nov 2020 I brought my car to Lockett's because something was draining the battery and causing it to need a daily jump start. Lockett's repaired, but not for cheap--they insisted on a myriad of other repairs and the final bill was close to $1400. Over the next 3 months the issue persisted and my car battery died unless I started the car every day. I even jumped a friend's car and then needed a jump myself the next day. Finally I had the car towed back to Lockett's for a checkup on the previous repair. Today Mike called and told me that there was no issue with the previous repair. Apparently, the only problem was that I had left one of the sliding doors ajar, causing the battery to drain. Lockett's last repair involved cutting off the electricity to the sliding doors, meaning they no longer budge or can be opened at all, so this seems improbable to me. He said, "I'm not gonna charge you, but if you bring it in again I'm gonna charge your fucking ass off." He then told me that if I didnt arrive by the time the shop closed he was going to "leave the key outside on the ground." When I showed up to confront him, it was clear that he did not think anything serious had occurred. Mike apologized "for the way I took his words" and asked me to "forget he had said anything." Mike needs to know that his sense of humor is not funny, and completely inappropriate for clients who he has no personal relationship with. I will not be bringing my car back.

Subaru Impreza Sedan
02/04/2021
could be better in communication
I have had services done at Lockett's before and am always satisfied with their work. This time around when I went to pick up my car, I was told after the fact that they had changed my wipers and added an air filter for me and charged me for such without calling to ask for confirmation. Their work was satisfactory, but I just wished they called me ask me before performing services outside my original order in case I had financial limitations.

LA
Leroy A.
Randallstown, MD
Chevrolet Chevy Express
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Leroy said the business did not fix anything, he said his vehicle is running worse than ever. After spending all this money, they tell him the problem could be this or the problem could be that. Leroy said they are the professionals and should be able to tells him what is wrong with the vehicle and stop charging him and not fixing the vehicle..

MICHAEL C.
Glen Burnie, MD
10/09/2020
Friendly responsive
Friendly, knowledgeable, professional, reasonable price

Jane G.
Marriottsville, MD
03/09/2019 Category: Service
Jane said she liked her service. The employees were thorough. They provided good service. The work was expensive.

Joshiah R.
Randallstown, MD
Jaguar X-TYPE
01/03/2019 Category: Service
Joshiah said the job was done correctly and in a timely manner.

MK
Megan K.
Halethorpe, MD
Chevrolet Colorado
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Megan said she always has great service at this business, it is as best as she can expect. She had to take her vehicle back, they missed something.

Jane H.
08/08/2018 Category: Service
Jane said she likes them, and would recommend the business for service.

Craig M.
06/23/2018 Category: Service
Craig said when he arrived at the business to pick up his vehicle, it was left unlocked, outside. He had previously stressed that the staff would please lock his vehicle, but they forgot about it. The business has a policy that if anything gets stolen from a vehicle at their facility that they would cover the cost of the items, which is unheard of. Usually places reject responsibility. The employees were unable to give him his estimate right away when he called, because they didn't know which staff member did it, and they lost the paperwork. Luckily, they did get him the estimate, and the price was actually less than quoted. Everything with his vehicle turned out well, in the end.

Jim B.
Annapolis, MD
03/05/2018 Category: Service
Jim said he stopped by without an appointment and he got quick and very good service.

Steve B.
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
01/10/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Steve's wife. She said they were pleased with the service.

MK
Megan K.
Halethorpe, MD
01/03/2018 Category: Service
Megan said she had to wait a long time for her vehicle. She has been a customer for years.

JO
Jim O.
Chevrolet Lumina
12/12/2017 Category: Service
Jim said he was pleased with the staff during this visit. He will be back soon to address a problem with the heater they replaced last year.

CD
CHRIS D.
Baltimore, MD
07/28/2021
Great!
Pretty new to these guys, and they have been great - really responsive and knowledgeable, across the board.

DAN M.
Ellicott City, MD
Acura MDX
07/24/2021
Locketts = 10/10
Best car care center I’ve ever been too. Honest people that you can trust. Those are hard to find in today’s world in that industry. I’ve never been happier with the care of my two vehicles.

Dan Mrowka