Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5rating 4.49
4.5

Overall Rating 4.2857118/5Overall Rating 4.2857118/5Overall Rating 4.2857118/5Overall Rating 4.2857118/5rating 4.2857118
Overall Rating 2.0000029/5Overall Rating 2.0000029/5rating 2.0000029rating 2.0000029rating 2.0000029

AF
Anthony F.
11/21/2019 Category: Service
TWO AND A HALF HOURS FOR A SCHEDULED EXPRESS OIL CHANGE
Not only did my scheduled express oil change take 2 1/2 hours, no one in the service department cared that it took so long.
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 11/25/2019

I apologize for the longer then usual wait time at your last visit. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can make it up to you

Heather Moore

PM
Phillip M.
11/12/2019 Category: Service
Service Time was Good
Went in today for a service, it was a drop off. I was greeted promptly and my car was ready in a couple of hours. I appreciate the promptness.

11/12/2019 Category: Service
Customer Service in the Service Dept needs some work
When you have an appointment you expect to be done at the expected time or receive a call before the expected time. I don't like to have to leave my car all day for something basic.
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 11/14/2019

We apologize for the long wait in service. We look farward to seeing you for the Fuel Induction service on Friday

Jharron Garner

10/23/2019 Category: Service
Slow and sloppy
Tires PSI wrong, rep said ticket info a typo and that always happens, printout status showed all green. Which is true. Sloppy and slow. 2.5 hrs for oil chg and tire rotation
audrey w. from Malloy Hyundai responded on 10/28/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with these details on your recent visit.  We appreciate the feedback as it helps us continue to improve both our internal processes and the overall customer experience.  We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.  We certainly aim to provide fast, reliable service and communication whenever possible and it sounds like we missed the mark.  We apologize for any unecessary stress the extra wait time and conflicting information caused you.  We understand how the little things can affect your opinion about Malloy as a whole, however, at Malloy Hyundai we strive to contstantly improve so we hope that this will not deter you from returning.  For our part, we will be taking a look at both the speed of service and the clarity and content of any information relayed by the service team to the customer.  Thank you again for taking the time to share so that we can ensure your next experience, and the experience of our other customers, is better than the time before!

Manassas, VA
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
09/29/2019 Category: Service
Not sure they really value me as a customer
I wanted to use a coupon for 10% off service but forgot to mention it when dropping off the car. They later stated that they could not make changes to the ticket, which doesn't seem reasonable. Not sure I'll be going back.
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 09/30/2019

I apologize for the poor service you received at your last visit. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
09/28/2019 Category: Service
Always Friendly
Been bringing my vehicle here for service a while. Friendly staff and quick service.

jeffery c.
09/23/2019
poor
wasnt happy with service today. not the first time either. went to the manager about it and he tried to offer me a free ride or they could stop the work that they were doing.
made a 9am appointment for a oil change and a steering wheel coupler. dropped it off at 8:20am and was told it would be about 2 hrs. I get a text at 10:40am saying that they found some extra things that need required. I walk to the store told them I dont want all that extra stuff done what's the status of my vehicle? they said hes got the dash taken apart so not much longer. my car wasnt done untill 1:15pm. UNACCEPTABLE
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 09/25/2019

Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

BW
B. W.
Stafford, VA
09/20/2019
Friendly staff but below average work
I took my car there twice, one for engine replacement and the other for further issues. They said they would clean my car both times, both in which looked like they hadn't done anything. Plus the 2nd time I picked my car up it was sitting in the parking lot, unattended, with the trunk wide open. Nothing was taken thankfully but I wish they would have cared more about my personal belongings

Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss your last visit.

Stafford, VA
09/20/2019 Category: Service
I should've gotten a Honda instead
I have a 2012 Sonata. I got 6 recalls done in May plus needed a new part for my steering wheel which was covered under warranty. A couple months later my car barely went over 30 and made a terrible sound from the engine. I got my engine replaced which was also covered under warranty. I'm lucky that everything maitenenice wise has been covered under warranty or recall, however, it's very frustrating to always have something wrong with your car. My car is not that old and only has 102,000 miles on it. I know 4 other people with a 2012 Sonata that have had to all get their engines replaced. While I was waiting for my engine to be replaced, i was never called and told that they had even started working on my car which they said they would keep me updated. I got a call around noon 3 weeks after I dropped my car off that it was ready to be picked up and that I would have to bring my rental back today or else I'd have to pay for it everyday after. This was very inconvenient because I was driving 4 hours away for a family event. Thank god I caught the voicemail in time before we had left. When I picked my car up, it had 2 new issues that I had no problem with beforehand that they refused to fix and said it wasnt their fault. While I like the car itself, I really wish I had known more when I bought it and am wishing I had gotten a Honda instead!

TP
Tina P.
Springfield, VA
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/08/2019 Category: Service
??!!!!
No comment
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 09/12/2019

i apologize for the poor service your received on your last visit. Please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can make it up to you.

NI
Naveed I.
08/07/2019 Category: Service
Sonata 2014 stop on highway
Ripoff unprofessional service
HEATHER M. from Malloy Hyundai responded on 08/08/2019

Wow it appears that we failed on your last visit. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can make it up to you.
Contact Courtney Malloy at 703-490-8170.

2003 Hyundai Sonata
08/05/2019 Category: Service
Average shop
Your typical run of the mill mechanic shop that cares about making money instead of people.

Paid 150 for them to refill my empty pre vacumed ac system of refrigerant.
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 08/07/2019

AZ

Rhonda J.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
07/30/2019 Category: Service
Malloy Hyundai never again! Read my yelp
Try Safford dealership in Springfield.
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 08/03/2019

Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss your last visit

Dumfries, VA
2019 Hyundai Elantra
07/19/2019 Category: Service
Need to be more thorough
I recently took my car in for a pre-paid maintenance that has a curtesy wash included and is listed on the service sheet. After an hour my initial service was completed and my car was returned to me. The car looked fine on the outside but I realized after departing the service area that the inside of my car had not been cleaned. As I inspected my car upon returning home I realized none of the car had been washed or cleaned. This didn’t make much sense since it was listed on the service sheet as completed. For some reason the tech that worked on my car skipped this step. I was not given an explanation why. I have never had this problem before but seems to me they need to be more thorough in completing the full service listed.
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 07/20/2019

I apologize for not cleaning you vehicle at your last service, I'm not sure what went wrong as we try and perform an exterior was on every car that comes in (weather permitting). We have been trying to reach out to you. Please call myself or Heather in service at your earliest convenience.

07/13/2019 Category: Service
Horrible
Do not come here!!!
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 07/14/2019

It appears that we did not meet your expatiations on your last visit. Please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can make this up to you.

07/05/2019 Category: Service
They don’t give any benefits for purchasing a brand new car from them
I bought a brand new car from Hyundai and it seems like I don’t have any benefits from purchasing a car from them ... I bought a brand new Hyundai Sonata 2018 August and writhin some months they told me my car needs alignment they charged me the full cost with no discount ... and also went there last Wednesday I feel am treated the same as those people who came with their personal cars ... no discount nothing am planning to trade my car in for another brand

Teneshia S.
06/16/2019 Category: Service
Bad service and a ripoff
No comment.
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 06/18/2019

I apologize for the servie you received your last visit. we try and stay competivie in all of our services. It appears that we did an oil and filter change, tire rotation and replaced the wiper blades.

Jennifer A.
Springfield, VA
06/07/2019
I WAS SCAMMED AT MALLOY
I took my Tuscon in because it has a squeaky wheel. After 3 hours and being the last customer there, they came out at closing time and told me that they replaced the front brake pads and rotors and charged me over $500. I got in the car and drove away with my car still squeaking! I called their office and told the woman it was still squeaking and she said to call back when they were open.
Feeling reluctant and upset, I tried to call Dave Wishnow, the service manager 3 separate times and could only leave messages and he has NOT responded to any of them. Maybe their department has changed the way they do business because the last time I had service done they returned the old parts they replaced and this time they DID NOT. That's because I would have seen that the brake pads and rotors did not need to be replaced. I was having no problem with my brakes-only with the squeak that is still there and getting worse. BEWARE OF THIS SERVICE DEPARTMENT!
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 06/11/2019

It was a pleasure meeting you on Monday. We look forward to helping you on Wednesday with your brake concern.

LJ
Latoya J.
06/05/2019 Category: Service
Better communication
Needs a better way to communicate.
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 06/07/2019

I apologize for the poor experience you received on your last visit. We have been trying to reach you, please give us a call at your earliest convenience.

CT
Charlene T.
Washington, DC
05/30/2019 Category: Service
Not sure if my service was done
Usually I have great service but this time a specific service that I asked for was not done and now I question if any of the service was done.
David W., Service and Parts Director from Malloy Hyundai responded on 05/30/2019

I apologize for the poor service your received at your last service. I have checked and we did perform the tire rotation. it appears there is a leak in your tire. Please call us at your earliest convenience to repair the tire for you.