KP
KATIE P.
Terrebonne, OR
08/28/2019
Problem
I appreciate how they've taken time to listen to my concerns and worked around my schedule. But when I had my alternator replaced, they either left or dropped one of the old bolts on the front of the new one; a spark was arcing over to it and fried the new alternator, and I had to have it replaced again a few weeks later (thankfully, at no charge).
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 08/29/2019

Katie,
    I'm sorry that you had an issue with your new alternator while you were out of town, and, as you now know, the NAPA Autocare warranty worked well - nationwide 2 year parts and labor warranty. New alternators do fail occasionally, I'm not sure what the replacement shop told you, but I'm not convinced that a "dropped bolt" would sit on top of a "replacement bolt" for two weeks, and then short out - that kind of sounds like a service advisor trying to make up a smart story - sorry that you had to deal with that.

02/27/2019
Car repairs
Customer service needs work

LE
Lea E.
Pontiac Grand Prix
10/29/2018 Category: Service
Lea said when she called, she was quoted $37 for an oil change, then they made it $47 when she was at the facility. Then, the vehicle wasn't returned to her until the following day. She suggested that the business shouldn't schedule things if they are too busy to get to them. The quality of work was good, but she wouldn't recommend them, due to the delay.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 10/31/2018

Lea, Thanks for taking the time to review our business. I do feel the need to respond, in order to keep things factual. The oil change service on your invoice was $38.61 - $1.61 more than the phone estimate. You scheduled the vehicle in for an oil change service & look into why the check engine light was on. We had that time alotted. When your father brought the vehicle in, he "added" "check the inoperable heater fan motor, check the abs/traction control light on, install the spark plugs that are laying on the seat. After moving the vehicle in the parking lot, I added "check bad clunk when shifted into reverse & a general "free" safety inspection, due to the overall condition of the car. We diagnosed the inop blower motor, the abs light, the clunk, and the check engine light. We replaced the air filter as it was very dirty. We did not install the spark plug "wires", as they ended up being, or repair anything, as after discussing the various issues that the vehicle has. and the overall condition of the vehicle with your father, it was decided that a better course of action would be for you to buy a different vehcile. Perhaps better communication on our part about when a vehicle might be ready, after the additional work is added would be appropriate. Thank you for the compliment on the quality of our work.

AC
Alberta C.
02/09/2018
Disappointed
My daughter took her Honda in. Thought it maybe a water pump, had them do a diagnostic to be sure. Estimated cost about 250. Plus diagnostic payment.
Next day my daughter was told it was the radiator, cost would be around 500. Picked up the Honda. Paid the the diagnostic fee. Took the Honda to another place and will not even half the cost at Marshalls.
Most trusted mechanic in Redmond? I am truely disappointed.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 02/10/2018

I'm sorry that you were disappointed,  as we do strive for excellence. Actually though,  your daughter brought in her Hyundai, not a Honda,  and stated that her car needed a new thermostat,  not a water pump. We did,  at her request, after suggesting it, spend 45 minutes determining that the radiator was at fault, not the thermostat (or water pump). We did charge $49.00 for our time,  which did save her from spending $250.00 on the wrong repair. We did quote her $400.00 for a replacement radiator with a lifetime warranty. I'm happy that you found a different shop to complete the repair, and the lesser quality radiator should still last a while. As we give a lifetime warranty on parts,  with three years on labor, we do have to install parts of the highest quality. Thank you for at least allowing us to steer you away from spending money on the wrong repair.

Stevan S.
Mazda CX-7
06/23/2017 Category: Service
Stevan said he didn't like their service because they told him the estimate was going to be free and in the end they charged him $76 which disappointed him.

Jerry W.
06/22/2017 Category: Service
Jerry said the staff at this business did not let him know that his vehicle needed a fuel pump until he came back to them 3 or 4 days later. He will never go back to them again.

Mary B.
05/29/2017
I was having the same wiring trouble and they would not look at it before the holiday weekend.
I am greatly disappointed that Marshalls would not get my car in when I called Friday morning before the holiday. I was having the same issue as when they looked at it last September.

WB
Wyatt B.
Lexus LX 470
04/15/2017 Category: Service
Wyatt said this business was not able to repair his vehicle.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 04/24/2017

After speaking with Wyatt, we determined that a bit was "lost in translation" between himself & the telephone reviewer. We did fix the leaking power steering rack & pinion that Wyatt brought the vehicle in for. Wyatt mentioned an intermittent issue with the oil pressure gauge. We discussed that the problem is likely either the gauge in the dash (expensive & time consuming sending the instrument cluster off for repair), or the electrical sending unit on the engine (quick & relatatively inexpensive). The decision was made to install a sending unit & hope that the issue is solved.  That did not fix the problem, and Wyatt told the reviewer that he wished that it would have, as it is very inconvenient to return the vehicle to the shop, & have the instrument cluster removed and sent out for repair.

CG
CHUCK G.
Powell Butte, OR
Dodge Dakota
12/05/2016
2003 Dodge Dakota Radiator Hose and Alternator replacement.
I have always been super impressed with your customer service and the way you have treated me when I come in. I can say that I love everything about your shop except your pricing system. I had an upper radiator hose and and an alternator replaced. I was charged $280 for labor and that seems fair to me except about 1/3 of that cost was to get the "check engine light" to go off. That does not seem fair and I certainly would have declined that repair had I known the price. You charged me $246 for a remanufactured alternator. I went online and found several for under $100 and new ones were just over that price. I am not happy with a price over 100% markup on parts but I suppose I can live with it (not happily but...). I am disappointed in the price I was charged for an Upper radiator hose. At O'Reilly Autoparts, an upper hose costs $17. You charged me $111. Part of that was coolant but it still seems like I was overcharged for that hose. You wanted my feedback. My feedback is I love your business but your pricing may someday drive me elsewhere. I can't recommend you to friends if I think your pricing is unfair.

Scott C.
04/16/2016 Category: Service
Scott said this business is extorting people by charging more money for the service than the service is worth. He said there are a lot of reputable facilities around his town who charge less.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 04/20/2016
This is unfortunate. This fellow came in, acting extremely troubled, complaining that "everyone in this town is crazy, in Utah, the prices are half of here". We had not quoted him a price for any repairs. He was concerned that the steering on his Toyoata pickup felt different after his pickup "was rear ended by a motorhome". We agreed to check out the steering. Inspection found nothing wrong with the steering, and the only damage to the rear of the vehicle was a bent license plate. He then stated that he could replace the clutch himself, if his leg was not broken. We had not discussed or noticed any issues with the clutch on his pickup. We did not charge him for the inspection, he thanked us, and left.

MARTY W.
Terrebonne, OR
Ford E-450 Super Duty
03/26/2016
Routine service this time but have had more major repairs in the past.
Excellent on time service at a fair price for professional work. Marshall's has been working on my vehicles for many years and I have always been happy with their service.

DOUG S.
10/16/2019
Quality work, good prices
The work was high quality and their price was very fair.

LL
Leonard L.
Chevrolet Blazer
10/10/2019 Category: Service
Leonard said the staff treated him well and did what they said for a reasonable price. The mechanics were the best.

KH
Ken H.
10/08/2019 Category: Service
Ken said he had a problem with his vehicle and the business figured it out and fixed it. They charged him for the fuel filter and he said it was over the top expensive. He said that it was way too much.

Kirk S.
Toyota Pickup
10/04/2019 Category: Service
Kirk said this business's staff has always been great, they are easy to work with and he has never had any issues.

CHRIS S.
Bend, OR
Toyota Tundra 4WD
10/02/2019
Still Running
Every time I take my car to Marshalls, it still runs like a top when I pick it up.

NE
NEIL E.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
09/28/2019
This was my second visit to Marshalls, and in both visits their workmanship was excellent, their cost estimates were accurate, and their attitude friendly yet professional. They certainly deserve the 5 stars.

LA
LINDA A.
09/25/2019
Professional, skilled, dedicated to their profession technicians !!!!!!!
This place ROCKS.....they know their stuff !!!!!

KH
KATHY H.
09/21/2019
Fixed heater
Great service. Nice people

Craig S.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
09/20/2019 Category: Service
Craig said the staff is really good to them and works with them.