Latest Review about 1 year ago

Dave B.
Dodge Durango
03/18/2015
Tony always gets the diag done fast
Thank to all the guys at maztech. Thanks especially to Tony Blazen for quick and accurate diagnostic work. When ever I get stumped with a repair nightmare he always makes it look easy.

KW
Kathleen W.
Saturn L300
03/17/2015
service oily change
Very accommodating. The staff is very pleasant.when I get any service done I am sure it has been thoroughly done and checked .

Rick H.
Chrysler Cirrus
03/09/2015
Great with communication to customers and quick to reply and repair.
In all my experience with maz-tech was great.
Communication was efficient, and quick. Everyone was friendly and professional.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/09/2015

Thank you for your feedback Rick. It was great working with you.

EK
Ed K.
03/08/2015
personal attention
I do recommend others about my good experience at MazTec.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/09/2015

Thanks Ed, as always it is pleasure to help you with your vehicle service. Se e you next time!

SK
Susan K.
Oldsmobile Ciera
03/06/2015
Professional, knowledgable, trustworthy mechanic and excellent customer service
I had just moved to Boise and needed a new water pump replacement. MazTech took my car right in and had the job done within 24 hrs. They took the time to go over their recommendations with me. I returned to have more work done to my car and it runs like a dream. I have had my daughter's car serviced with them as well. They are a very professional, trustworthy and honestly care about the life of your car, not to mention they provide excellent customer service.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/09/2015

Yes Susan, we want to make sure you know the whole health of your car so that you can make a good investment decision and plan for needed repairs. Thank you for trusting us with your car needs. See you next time!

TC
Thomas C.
Emmett, ID
Geo Tracker
03/03/2015
Excellent mechanic. Very knowledgable
They have been very great about finding the mysterious issues with my vehicles. I would give them 5 stars but my only complaint is that when something is discovered about the vehicle, I get a call from a gentleman at the front desk instead of from the mechanic. It would be much more useful to discuss the details with someone that understands them.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/04/2015

At this time we are not able to have the mechanic stop work on on a customers car and come up front to discuss what was done to another car. We have someone dedicated to taking care of the customer up front in order to provide excellent customer service and ensure that you get back in your car as soon as possible. Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback regarding this.

NS
Neil S.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
03/01/2015
Great Service....but....
I have found that Maz-Tech does great work, but their prices seem to have gone up faster that I have seen in other repair shops. During my last visit, however they noted on a repair order that my k&N air filter needed cleaning and re-oiling and they it would be $32.20 to perform this service. Nothing to worry about right? Wrong....I had actually just performed that service myself just 7 days previous to my visit. This seemingly small faux pas, brings serious question to future services they may recommend.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/09/2015

Neil, I have looked at your inspection sheet and I am attaching a link to it for your review (copy and paste to browser) http://bit.ly/1vPZKRM I see that your air filter was marked as yellow and just shows slightly dirty. This can be the case after a short time. The tire depth and wipers are also just barely in the yellow range, marked just to make a note it will need future attention. I would say it is not cause for concern at this time as there were other needed repairs to your car.
The photo on the sheet shows the possible leak around the pressure switch and alternator belt & power steering belts are cracked. Both of these things are marked in red and more urgent. We did do a full inspection since it had been 4 years since we had seen this car. We want to make sure that you are informed of all the things that are in good shape as well as the things that are needed in the future and the things that are more urgent to allow you to make informed choices on your Miata. Thank you Neil for your feedback and please let us know if there are any other questions or needed repairs. Christine Henderson

Michael M.
Kuna, ID
Toyota Tundra
02/26/2015
Honest and Reliable Service
Maz-tech provides great service and listens well to customer concerns. I'm very satisfied with the work performed.

RJ
Rinda J.
02/26/2015
Good communication
They keep you informed of what's going on with the vehicle and let you know what your options are.

LK
Laila K.
02/17/2015
Unethical service
I took my vehicle in for an oil change. They called with a long laundry list of things that needed to be fixed or replaced including replacing an air box for $475 when a second place put a bolt in the box for free. Also recommended replacing timing belt and spark plugs which were both replaced less than 18 months ago.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/04/2015

Laila, I have looked at your records from your visit. I am attaching the web link from your visit for your review. (copy and paste to your web browser) http://bit.ly/16zCmlW
I can see the things that were recommended. Here at Maz-Tech Automotive we believe in telling you 100% of the things going on with your car. That is the good and the bad. We will tell you 100% of the time so that you can make the best decision for you and your car. This may seem a little much at times but we do not want to leave anything unsaid. I can assure you that we are here to help others and hate for you to feel that you are taken advantage of. As far as your concern for theair box. It is still broken. The bolt is only part of the fix and it still will need to be replaced. We also recommended the timing belt and plugs due to mileage on your car. We had never seen this car in before and we were making you aware of the manufacture recommended maintenance is the right thing to do, not being told that you had recently had that done. The coolant was to low to test which is a cause for concern and should be looked into to make sure your car stays running properly. Thank you for your feedback and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. I would be happy to review the finding with you.
Christine Henderson

Rita H.
Mazda Protege
02/13/2015
Customer oriented !
Very customer oriented. Excellent workmanship.

James S.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
02/13/2015
brad
Great service with good information on all levels of work. Thanks for everything!!
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 02/13/2015

Thank you for putting your trust in Maz-Tech Automotive. Happy to help.

BK
Ballard K.
Kia Sedona
01/27/2015
99 F150 service
Oil change was completed quickly.

HL
Heidi L.
BMW 330i
01/15/2015
I'm Unhappy
I took my car to Maz tech after it broke down the only reason I sent my car there was because of my old mechanic had gone to work there. First of all I wasn't able to talk to him at all because the company said he was working on the floor and not available to talk. It took 3 days to get an estimate, I had to call in many times to get any kind of update. I never felt comfortable with the service reps on what was going on I was the one that had to call to get any kind of information. Once I received the quote it was $5100 and they really weren't even definite on what was wrong. I found another mechanic who saw the order and said he could save me money so I paid over $300 for a diagnostic (not happy about that)! and sent my car to him, he is taking care of my car for less than half of this bill from Maz -Tech. I feel like I was in a total scam and rip off because I am a single female driving a BMW. I even had a male friend come to the mechanics about my car and he felt I was going to be extremely taken advantage of. I'm so unhappy with this service and there is more entailed, I will make sure BBB knows about this as well as all my facebook friends, I have heard horrible stories about your overcharging and I'm just sad my mechanic that I do "trust" is working for you! Your company is truly giving mechanics a bad name!
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 02/09/2015

Heidi,

I am truly sorry that you feel this way and for any misunderstanding between us.  We try hard to keep the technician that you requested working on your car as to give you the personal service from your “old mechanic”. From our phone records I show the service advisor spoke to you the same day the car was towed in. You had approved the diagnostic time and also you were made aware that there were several issues to be addressed. Our phone records show the service advisor called you another 5 times between January 8th and the 16th.  I have reviewed the Invoice, and the technician (which is your old mechanic) left very detailed information on what he did and found on your BMW. He is the one that set the pricing for the estimate based on what he found your car needed knowing your car had been in a previous front end accident. The technician felt strongly about what needed to be done to make sure a breakdown would not occur possibly leaving you stranded and alone. We have tried to get in contact with you by phone, email and text. Please feel free to call and talk about this anytime. Also, please let me assure you we work hard to do our very best for every customer.  Again, I am truly sorry for any misunderstanding.  Barbi Marston

Katie M.
01/14/2015
Groupon
Thank you so much for honoring the groupon that Tony had at Blazin Diagnostics. I know that you didn't have to do that...I really appreciate that

Diane P.
01/13/2015
On the way
Easy access off State St - very helpful intake staff - took a little longer to assess than estimated and was unable to fully troubleshoot the electrical issues. But fixed a door latch maladjustment and had the vehicle ready to drive when needed. Will have to go back to get the original problem corrected and will probably have to pay another $97 diagnostic fee.

MA
Mary A.
Toyota Avalon
01/09/2015
good service
I always feel taken care of, and all the necessary updates are given and I am given a chose about what to do

Rosalie M.

Rita H.
Mazda Protege
12/29/2014
Prompt and courteous
Have always found and successfully corrected problems with our Mazda.