Latest Review about 1 year ago

Charles B.
08/19/2016
Terrible
Have my car 5 days. Guaranteed it would be done, and just now they tell me they dont even have the right tool they need to fix it. This place is a joke! They never call me when they say either, they never call when something goes wrong and they cant get it done, everytime i have to call them and then they tell me the bad news. Unprofessional, unreliable, if they were just honest i would have rented a car. I cannot be without a car this long. F*cking up my life. Again im sitting here waiting for them to call. Which they never do.

DN
Darby N.
Nampa, ID
Infiniti QX4
07/06/2016
Bad customer service
Well I went there on a Friday afternoon to have my bulb of my headlight changed, everything went fine they fit me in and got me in out in about an hour. I was pleased with the customer service, until about 4 days later I go through a car wash and check under my hood to dry it and find the old bulb and the cardboard package sitting on the top of the battery under my hood. I call the store that night about it. They reach me the next day which was great. I talk to this extremely nice lady, who apologized for the mistake. I still was not happy she said she would talk to the owners and give me a call back. I received the call back that day. The only problem was she said exactly what she had told me on the phone already. I asked to talk to the owner I believe her name was Barbie. She was completely rude and had so much unnecessary attitude towards me and the situation. The owner did not apologize, she only made me feel more distressed about the situation. I will never do business there, the owner made me feel extremely angry.

Mike B.
Buick Riviera
05/14/2015
Too greedy (in my book)
Needed some pretty simple repairs on a basic GM vehicle....idler pulley, new belt, and radiator hoses. They tried to sell me a tensioner pulley as well, which was definitely not needed. Quoted me about $1100. Got the car fixed a couple blocks down the street for $442 instead and the work was excellent. Many places charge a "diagnostic" fee, but then apply it to the repair work if you choose to have them perform the service. Not Maz-tech.....it's $89 PLUS whatever they say needs to be done (apparently even if it DOESN'T need to be done). Friendly and professional, but not recommended.

Lisa M.
Nampa, ID
Hyundai XG350
03/21/2015
women customers
you told me that I needed the ball joints replaced. Took to mechanic today and they said it was fine. You said I needed to flush power steering pump. I had this done four weeks ago. Thank you for alignment. I did buy new tires today and shaking is gone. You also said I needed new brakes. They are not as dire as you claimed.

My husband says you tried to take advantage because I was a woman. I'm disappointed.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/26/2015

Lisa,

I tried to get in touch with you and left you a message earlier in the week.

I saw the review that you left us. I have also talked to the guys about you.

It was recommended to replace the ball joint with an adjustable one so that the camber on the alignment could be done.  It is adjusted as far as it could go without the adjustable ball joint.  You will wear out the inside edge of your new set of tires just like the ones you took off without having an adjustable ball joint installed.  There is no warranty on the alignment because of this issue.

The brake pads are measured with a tool as is our shop standard for measuring brake pads. We do not guess the thickness.  It was shown that the thinnest points they are at 4mm and 2mm left on the pad.  This is under the minimum spec of 3mm from the manufacture and unsafe.

As far as the power steering fluid goes we have seen in the past when the fluid is excessively dark and burnt it will take 2-3 times of flushing to get it clean throughout the whole system again.  The guys got rid of your sample so without a current sample I will not know where yours is at.

As far as taking advantage of you because you are a women. That could not be further from the truth.  I am a woman and I am the President of this company.  My guys do not do that!  I am proud that they do their best to explain and show women so they understand how their car works and what needs to be done.

Barbi & Mike Marston

TC
Thomas C.
Emmett, ID
Geo Tracker
03/03/2015
Excellent mechanic. Very knowledgable
They have been very great about finding the mysterious issues with my vehicles. I would give them 5 stars but my only complaint is that when something is discovered about the vehicle, I get a call from a gentleman at the front desk instead of from the mechanic. It would be much more useful to discuss the details with someone that understands them.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/04/2015

At this time we are not able to have the mechanic stop work on on a customers car and come up front to discuss what was done to another car. We have someone dedicated to taking care of the customer up front in order to provide excellent customer service and ensure that you get back in your car as soon as possible. Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback regarding this.

LK
Laila K.
02/17/2015
Unethical service
I took my vehicle in for an oil change. They called with a long laundry list of things that needed to be fixed or replaced including replacing an air box for $475 when a second place put a bolt in the box for free. Also recommended replacing timing belt and spark plugs which were both replaced less than 18 months ago.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/04/2015

Laila, I have looked at your records from your visit. I am attaching the web link from your visit for your review. (copy and paste to your web browser) http://bit.ly/16zCmlW
I can see the things that were recommended. Here at Maz-Tech Automotive we believe in telling you 100% of the things going on with your car. That is the good and the bad. We will tell you 100% of the time so that you can make the best decision for you and your car. This may seem a little much at times but we do not want to leave anything unsaid. I can assure you that we are here to help others and hate for you to feel that you are taken advantage of. As far as your concern for theair box. It is still broken. The bolt is only part of the fix and it still will need to be replaced. We also recommended the timing belt and plugs due to mileage on your car. We had never seen this car in before and we were making you aware of the manufacture recommended maintenance is the right thing to do, not being told that you had recently had that done. The coolant was to low to test which is a cause for concern and should be looked into to make sure your car stays running properly. Thank you for your feedback and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. I would be happy to review the finding with you.
Christine Henderson

HL
Heidi L.
BMW 330i
01/15/2015
I'm Unhappy
I took my car to Maz tech after it broke down the only reason I sent my car there was because of my old mechanic had gone to work there. First of all I wasn't able to talk to him at all because the company said he was working on the floor and not available to talk. It took 3 days to get an estimate, I had to call in many times to get any kind of update. I never felt comfortable with the service reps on what was going on I was the one that had to call to get any kind of information. Once I received the quote it was $5100 and they really weren't even definite on what was wrong. I found another mechanic who saw the order and said he could save me money so I paid over $300 for a diagnostic (not happy about that)! and sent my car to him, he is taking care of my car for less than half of this bill from Maz -Tech. I feel like I was in a total scam and rip off because I am a single female driving a BMW. I even had a male friend come to the mechanics about my car and he felt I was going to be extremely taken advantage of. I'm so unhappy with this service and there is more entailed, I will make sure BBB knows about this as well as all my facebook friends, I have heard horrible stories about your overcharging and I'm just sad my mechanic that I do "trust" is working for you! Your company is truly giving mechanics a bad name!
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 02/09/2015

Heidi,

I am truly sorry that you feel this way and for any misunderstanding between us.  We try hard to keep the technician that you requested working on your car as to give you the personal service from your “old mechanic”. From our phone records I show the service advisor spoke to you the same day the car was towed in. You had approved the diagnostic time and also you were made aware that there were several issues to be addressed. Our phone records show the service advisor called you another 5 times between January 8th and the 16th.  I have reviewed the Invoice, and the technician (which is your old mechanic) left very detailed information on what he did and found on your BMW. He is the one that set the pricing for the estimate based on what he found your car needed knowing your car had been in a previous front end accident. The technician felt strongly about what needed to be done to make sure a breakdown would not occur possibly leaving you stranded and alone. We have tried to get in contact with you by phone, email and text. Please feel free to call and talk about this anytime. Also, please let me assure you we work hard to do our very best for every customer.  Again, I am truly sorry for any misunderstanding.  Barbi Marston

MF

Mohyliv, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast
Mazda 6
06/16/2014
Almost good
It seamed that I have found a place for servicing my Mazda, squished me in for oil service, great, but then things started unwrapping. No oil required for car on hand, it's Ok, I understand, shortly after, no filter on hand, again, understand, new car. I did not mind 3 hour wait eather. But, a simple check after completion would of earn 5 stars, but , dipstick left out on top of radiator was carelessness!, day drive caused almost half of oil to be blowed out through dipstick tube, soaking up insulatin blanked, dripping onto hot engine, smoke in cab and us breathing burned oil. When I checked for smoke, oil did not register on stick. As for info on amount added? With out checking dip stick, how did you guess amount needed and added. Disappointed? Yes, rating broth me in, and result of my request will guide me in changing rating. All I'd like is to have insulation blanket replaced, might even give another chance to Max-Tech, depending on outcome.

AH
Arlene H.
05/28/2014
wondering if all work was up to standard?
Price was higher for everything I could get done at another shop. Got some things done at MAZTech - other things done at Les S. Car broke down on road trip, after spending thousands at MazTech. Ended up buying new parts that they missed. Phoned and left a message -- they never responded. I wonder now if the work that was done was necesarry and done right, and/or they did not get things right electrically after they did the work?Always hesistant - never quite know if I am getting ripped off. My other car was fixed at maz tech the week prior - and i was told my wipers were streaking - I had just bought new wipers the week before. Wondering if they shop is honest? Hope so - i hope I didn't get taken for a ride.

BL
Beverly L.
03/28/2014
location, friendly,,management,thouroughness
We have been blessed by the work of the mechanics.

GN
Ginger N.
Volkswagen Jetta
03/23/2014
all aroud bad experience
Front desk customer service was very poor. Nobody asked what kind of car I was bringing in. In the end they could not tell me exactly what was wrong with my... and the best part was that I drive a vw and they dont have the tools to work on it anyways. They did charge me $48.00 to tell me that. Very frustrated.

AD
Angelo D.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
02/04/2014
Miata Repair
A little over two hours in labor and I am charged nearly $200.00 ? Over $320.00 for rear brakes and belts? Occurs as too expensive, I'll have to shop around in the future.

AL

AY
Alex Y.
Mazda RX-7
05/25/2013 Category: Service
Alex said the business left him an invoice saying his vehicle would run and idle every time it was driven. The vehicle does not do so, it still runs badly, and everything the business told him does not add up. He said he felt overcharged, and now has to take the vehicle to another business to be fixed correctly. He would not recommend the business for reasons already stated.

AE
Arthur E.
Mazda RX-8
05/22/2013 Category: Service
Arthur said he took the vehicle to the business to have the coolant tank replaced. He said during the repair the connection to the radiator was broken. He was told that he would have to pay for a new radiator. After negotiating with the business, he was partially compensated for the new radiator. He would not recommend the business to others based on this experience.

EH
Ed H.
Mazda 626
11/13/2012
$70 light bulb...
The charge was for determining that a shorted out tailight was causing feedback in the brake light circuit... I am disappointed this not-so-uncommon issue was not suggested to my wife prior to encouraging her to bring the vehicle in.
We've been going to MazTech for years and have always been satisfied, but it feels different... like the imperative is now to pay for the new location by any means possible rather than look out for the customer.
I'll be keeping closer watch from now on.

PN
Pete N.
01/23/2012 Category: Service
Pete said he was not impressed with this business as he was overcharged.

TI
Ted I.
11/21/2011 Category: Service
Ted said his overall experience with this business was not satisfactory. He said the engine light came on after this business fixed the leak. When he took his vehicle in again the staff said they could not find anything wrong. His engine light is still on.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 11/23/2011
We replaced a faulty seal that was leaking oil after 5 months of doing the repair. When picking up the vehicle the check engine light came on and we took it right into the shop and checked the code then made sure nothing was unplugged, then erased code. We then let the customer know what the code was and what we had done. We have not heard from the customer since. If there is still a problem with the vehicle related to the work we have done we would be glad to fix the vehicle at no charge to the customer. We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused.