SD
SONJA D.
Ford Police Interceptor
09/05/2019
OVERCHARGES
After talking with a couple of mechanics, I was grossly overcharged for what they did. Then of course none of it was paid by my insurance. Will never use them again.
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 09/06/2019

Sonja, We are sorry if you feel that you are overcharged. We use good quality parts at a fair price. And we cannot be held responsible for what the warranty companies will and will not pay for.

Mckimie S.
06/28/2018 Category: Service
McKimie said the technician charged him $82 for a diagnostic. The technician estimated the repair to the engine to cost over $5000. He had his vehicle evaluated at a couple of other facilities and their technicians told him that there was nothing wrong with the repair. The technician for this business also let him know that when doing internal repairs like that, he tends to break things.
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 07/02/2018

Mr. Mckimie  Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to diagnose the issue with your Jeep. The estimate you were given was for an engine replacement. Not a repair. On an 18 year old vehicle with over 230,000 miles I merley wanted to convey to you the fact that in the process of an engine replacement we can never be sure that there won't be other costs for rusted or worn parts that may fail. Thank you again for stopping in. let us know if we can assist you in the future. Sincerley, McBrides Automotive

David G.
Hartford, MI
06/16/2017 Category: Service
David said this business did a good job for a good price. He said he would not recommend them because they moved his steering wheel and his seat which bugged him. He said overall, they were nice.

RL
Richard L.
Ohio
03/18/2016 Category: Service
Richard said he was told the boots on his vehicle were torn and after he inspected them himself determined they were not torn, at least on the driver's side. He said he is not happy with business.

MN
Mike N.
Ohio
GMC Canyon
03/12/2016 Category: Service
Mike said this business overcharged him for service and did not fix the problem.

Dave C.
Saturn Vue
06/28/2015
Not Impressed this time!!!
Went in for a simple oil change and received news that vehicle needed a new oil pan due to the threads being stripped. Huh hard to believe since they have only been the ones to change the oil for the last SEVEN times!!!! My understanding from everyone is this can only happen when bolt is over torqued. Mechanic will not admit any wrong doing.

I would not give this any stars - but won't let me post unless I do.

KK
Klaus K.
07/29/2013 Category: Service
Klaus said he was happy with the whole outfit for 20 years. He said he would not recommend this business because he wants to be taken care of.

Rodger B.
Mercury Grand Marquis
05/14/2013 Category: Service
Rodger said he spoke to Mr. Mcbride at this business about a problem he was having with his vehicle. He explained that 1 cylinder was low on compression and asked that Mr. Mcbride perform a test and look with the borescope inside the cylinder to diagnose the problem. Mr. Mcbride called back and told Rodger there was a crack in the intake manifold and it was leaking fluid. Rodger said he was probably right but that does not explain the cylinder being low on pressure. This business did not pay attention to what he was telling them regarding the cylinder and performed an incomplete analysis on his vehicle. He was charged $84 for this incomplete analysis and was not very happy about it. He would not recommend this business.

PR
Papo R.
Ford Edge
07/08/2020
Whenever my wife has a problem with the car I take it McBride’s I trust him he gets a car in and out quickly and does it right the first time
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 07/08/2020

Thank you sir.

NR
NATALIE R.
07/07/2020
Very efficient and they do quality work!
Very honest and reliable! I trust them working on our cars.
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 07/08/2020

Thank you for the kind words.

DAVENE L.
07/03/2020
First time customer
I drive by often but stopped for the first time last week. They got my car in quickly, stayed in communication with me with the issue and had my car completely in no time. Dave was fantastic to work with!! I not only will be switching my service to McBrides but will also be bringing in my work vehicles as well. Thank you!!
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 07/06/2020

Thank you Davene. Have a great day!

JE
JOE E.
Ford Edge
07/01/2020
Best Auto Repair Experience.
I was desperate to have my car fixed for a trip this weekend. I called several places with no success of getting an appointment within the next 2 weeks. I spoke to David who told me to bring it in... repaired a wheel baring and back in my possession within 7 hours. No hidden fees no grying to sell me something I don't need. Great service . Thank you!
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 07/02/2020

Thank you for the great review Joe. Have a safe trip.

PA
PAULA A.
Nissan Sentra
06/30/2020
Very personable and friendly
Very pleased with the staff and service. Dave called me as soon as he had a quote ready for the repair. I had asked for a particular service to be done and he explained in detail why it really wasn’t needed and that it would cost over 1000.00. I also asked to go over the car and let me know what may be needed soon. When Dave called he had the list and quotes ready. Not pushy at all, just did what I asked. Returning next week to cross more off the list!!
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 07/01/2020

Thank you for the kind words Paula. We are pleased you chose to do business with us. Have a great day. Dave

LW
LISA W.
06/30/2020
Excellent Service!
These guys are simply AWESOME. We've never been disappointed. They fixed our Sonata's starter issue lickety split. We appreciate you all so much!!
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 06/30/2020

Thank you Lisa! It was great to see you guys.

DONNA W.
Louisville, OH
06/29/2020
Very honest.
Very happy with the problem with my car. You called me before you went further to fix my car. Will recomend you to friends and family. Thank you so much.
Dave D. from Mcbride's Automotive Repair Inc responded on 06/30/2020