Joe B.
Bayport, NY
05/15/2019 Category: Service
Joe said his vehicle went in for a simple inspection and they ended keeping his vehicle half the day, just to tell him his vehicle has repairs that need to be done before the inspection. For an inspection they charged him a $750.

Britney S.
Chrysler Pacifica
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Britney said she paid for a catalytic converter to be fixed for $900 and it stopped working a week later. Her mother ended up paying another $1000 to fix it again, and the business only gave about $500 back. It took longer to get the vehicle repaired and they had to spend more money on a rental. Britney said she would no longer recommend this business for service.

SF
Serena F.
Selden, NY
08/24/2018
new york state inspection
I brought my car in for an inspection on my vehicle. It ended up costing me $1000 for things I felt talked into, being uneducated in necessary vehicle repairs and maintenance. I felt the "salesman's" presentation of the suggested work order was done in such a way to exploit my naivety, and being a woman, I feel rather exploited and even victimized by the whole experience. Whether it was done intentionally or not, I do not know, but I would not consider it a positive encounter with this establishment. I will not go back and I will not recommend them to anyone either.
Matt D. from MD Auto Complete Service Center Inc. responded on 09/21/2018

Good morning Ms.Serena. I would like to first thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I'm happy our conversation cleared any misconceptions you may have had. We would love to see you come back as a customer and would look forward to having a relationship in the future. I know you mentioned you had felt something in your tranny, I would like to offer you a free check out on that issue. Please feel free to reach out. Thank you! Matt DiScalo

Matthew DiScalo

TT
Tashiva T.
Nissan Murano
03/19/2018 Category: Service
Tashiva said the service was not good. He said they mis-diagnosed his vehicle and it ended up costing him $250.

Michelle W.
01/08/2018
Appt through Geico 1PM
The worst of the worst, Appt through Geico 1PM they never called, never showed up! They left me without help, and I have a disabled child. And when I called back they shut their phone off or blocked me.

Daniel D.
Port Jefferson Station, NY
08/17/2017
Bad service
I dropped off my car at 9:30 AM to get a leak in my tire repaired and an oil change. At 4 PM I called to check in. At first I was told you didn't have my car, then I was told that it was on the rack now and would be done in 45 minutes. I got there at 5 PM and saw my car in the same spot I parked earlier. When I walked in Matt told me it would be done in 5 minutes. When I pointed out it was still on the street, he asked me what car was mine and what repairs I was in for. I didn't leave until 6:45 and you guys didn't even finish the work because you "didn't want to hold me up." You had plenty of time to find a bunch of expensive repairs I would need though. I'll be going somewhere else that.

Kenneth S.
Bayport, NY
06/21/2019
MD Auto Customers - "Walking Wallets"
I called MD Auto because my 2006 BMW 330i wouldn't start, and MD had replaced my battery last year. They towed my BMW to the shop, performed an expensive diagnostic, which revealed a bad electrical ground. Cost me $400, but they repaired the ground problem easily.
What most upset me was, as I picked up the car, I was forced to watch a "slide show" containing over a dozen "red" (more serious) and "yellow" (less serious) problems with my otherwise fine functioning car. Each engine fluid was meticulously photographed to show why such fluid was "off color", along with the cost to repair. I was told that my rear tires and wipers wouldn't pass Inspection , even though I had not brought the BMW to MD Auto for Inspection and none was due for another 6 months. I was told that my SYNTHETIC oil needed to be replaced EVERY 6 MONTHS.

BMW repair costs are notoriously expensive, and MD Auto went OVER THE TOP in photographing each and every fluid, filter, tire and wiper on a car which was brought in to MD for a starting problem. MD Auto's unsolicited "POWER POINT PRESENTATION" was designed principally to separate me from my limited money through fear tactics on an otherwise fully functional car which is inspected every year and simply wouldn't start. I trust that the MD Auto mechanics know what they are doing. It's their MOTIVES for trying to convince me to spend well over $1000 to fix their classified "red" and "yellow" problems, through a detailed and unsolicited photo presentation of my car's engine, that bespeaks off unadulterated GREED on their part.

Dennis C.
08/24/2017
LACKS PARKING
Jeep was towed to shop 8/20/17 was not ready till 8/22/17.

Mary L.
Medford, NY
Honda Civic Si
08/23/2019
Friendly, accommodating service
I was very pleased with all the employees. They were very friendly and attentive. However I was disappointed with my bill when I saw I was charged for inspection of electrical system. I went in only to have my battery replaced. And was budgeting my money for that only. I wish someone had told me they were doing something extra. I had only asked for a new battery. I am looking for a new mechanic for our cars and I was hopeful this shop would work out. As I said. They were very nice and appear to have a positive environment for workers and customers. If I was not charged for a service I did not ask for, I would rate them a 5

AD
Antonio D.
Oakdale, NY
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Antonio said that he recommends this business for service.

Jonathan M.
New York
Honda Element
07/23/2018 Category: Service
Jonathan said the staff did extra work on his vehicle that they did not ask permission to do, and it ended up costing about $50 to $100 extra.

TH
Tim H.
Manorville, NY
04/26/2018 Category: Service
Tim said that he was not too happy because the service took a lot longer than expected. He likes Pat, the owner, because he is honest. He will come back again.

VS
veronica s.
11/27/2017
EVERYONE VERY NICE
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE A 2012 HYUNDAI SANTA FE NOT A LEXUS. I WAS IN ON NOVEMBER 18, 2017 FOR A PROBLEM WITH LEFT FRONT TIRE. THEY PLUGGED FOR ME. I STILL NEED A TIRE IN NEAR FUTURE.

SG
Steve G.
Southampton, NY
06/30/2019
Very good place for you to bring your ride!
MD Auto is a very friendly auto shop that does a complete job with diagnostics and repair. I was skeptical when I called AAA and needed to be towed when my car overheated. I was on the way to work and they recommended that I bring my car there. I was in an unfamiliar area and didn't know any radiator or repair shops.
The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars, is that they use text messages to sed me a report of what my car was going to need and I still needed to call for the price! then when my car was finished I waited and waited for a message but nothing, I needed to call and find out it was ready. Minor issues really, but annoying all the same. The repair was fine and that's what really matters. Thanks MD Auto, 4 out of 5 is awesome in my book.

Rob W.
03/16/2019
Service Techniciana
Everyone there express a great professionalism.
I’d recommend their business!

LC
Lorraine C.
Subaru Legacy Wagon
02/13/2019 Category: Service
Lorraine said she would recommend them for work.

Theresa B.
Yaphank, NY
MINI Cooper Hardtop
01/04/2019
Fast and curtious
Very satisfied with the service. Will return for future service as needed

RJ
Robin J.
Holtsville, NY
Nissan Xterra
11/20/2018
Great roadside assistance
I have had MD respond to a few roadside calls. They are always friendly and courteous.

Jim M.
New York
Hyundai Santa Fe
10/03/2018 Category: Service
Jim said he brought the vehicle in to the facility for inspection, tires and brakes. It took 48 hours to complete. He has been using this business for years and has recommended it, but he stated this visit took a little too long.